Gov. Bobby Jindal: Protect Our Gun Rights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Bobby Jindal: Protect Our Gun Rights

LoadToadBoss
10-22-2012, 06:15
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20121020/OPINION0106/210200313/Protect-our-gun-rights

:perfect10:

Many observers claim the new Louisiana constitutional amendment will provide some of the strongest gun rights in the nation.

mgs
10-22-2012, 06:48
That would be a good thing! My take.....no one will hand in guns at this point. America is loaded for bear for a reason.....our politicians have failed us and they know it. Their best bet is to keep gun owners happy because the ballot box works and the ammo box will keep it working or else.

certifiedfunds
10-22-2012, 06:52
That would be a good thing! My take.....no one will hand in guns at this point. America is loaded for bear for a reason.....our politicians have failed us and they know it. Their best bet is to keep gun owners happy because the ballot box works and the ammo box will keep it working or else.

When jack booted thugs force their way into your house with guns drawn, you'll hand them over.

certifiedfunds
10-22-2012, 06:53
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20121020/OPINION0106/210200313/Protect-our-gun-rights

:perfect10:

Many observers claim the new Louisiana constitutional amendment will provide some of the strongest gun rights in the nation.

It will be interesting to see how this affects restrictions on concealed carry that are in place now.

mgs
10-22-2012, 06:55
When jack booted thugs force their way into your house with guns drawn, you'll hand them over.

Won't happen in my lifetime and at 52, I've had a good life and will stand my ground. Ever heard of a 3%er?

certifiedfunds
10-22-2012, 06:56
Won't happen in my lifetime and at 52, I've had a good life and will stand my ground. Ever heard of a 3%er?

Happened in Katrina, as you know.

Sure.

mgs
10-22-2012, 07:15
That is true but armed groups of private security in the outskirts sent the police packing. 12 AR's and two elevated shooters against average LE sent them packing. My rural neighborhood is very secure and like minded and very limited LE availability. LE has been met with resistence in LA and they moved on. You got to pick your battles.

kensb2
10-22-2012, 07:21
I wish more governors would stand up and propose this type of amendment!! OK is 'getting' open carry on Nov. 1, but you still have to get a CWP to be able to open carry.

mgs
10-22-2012, 07:26
BTW....I have quite a few LE friends and they will not be coming to pickup your guns. Plenty of AF friends that feel the same way. Real people on the ground still make the final decision and their superiors hide in a guarded office.

certifiedfunds
10-22-2012, 07:33
That is true but armed groups of private security in the outskirts sent the police packing. 12 AR's and two elevated shooters against average LE sent them packing. My rural neighborhood is very secure and like minded and very limited LE availability. LE has been met with resistence in LA and they moved on. You got to pick your battles.

You notice my avatar?

certifiedfunds
10-22-2012, 07:34
BTW....I have quite a few LE friends and they will not be coming to pickup your guns. Plenty of AF friends that feel the same way. Real people on the ground still make the final decision and their superiors hide in a guarded office.

They will when the order is given and they must choose between taking your guns and feeding their family or losing their pension. They will turn on you so fast it will make your head spin.

mgs
10-22-2012, 07:40
They will when the order is given and they must choose between taking your guns and feeding their family or losing their pension. They will turn on you so fast it will make your head spin.

Only time will tell. I think we all should file an extention on our taxes in April and really watch the Fed really melt down.

mgs
10-22-2012, 07:43
You notice my avatar?

? Does not speak volumes.

certifiedfunds
10-22-2012, 07:45
Only time will tell. I think we all should file an extention on our taxes in April and really watch the Fed really melt down.

How would filing an extension melt down the fed? You still have to pay up by April 15. All an extension does is delay your actual return. Tax payments are due on April 15 no matter when you send in your return.

certifiedfunds
10-22-2012, 07:46
? Does not speak volumes.

It's Sean Payton. Don't try to tell me what happened in NOLA Katrina from Pennsylvania

mgs
10-22-2012, 07:49
How would filing an extension melt down the fed? You still have to pay up by April 15. All an extension does is delay your actual return. Tax payments are due on April 15 no matter when you send in your return.

Your right and what I pay does not cover much of their debt....not mine.

mgs
10-22-2012, 07:56
It's Sean Payton. Don't try to tell me what happened in NOLA Katrina from Pennsylvania

The PA Mountains serve their own justice. Response times are pretty slow if not tomorrow.

Dennis in MA
10-22-2012, 08:27
You notice my avatar?

Yeah, you like cheaters. :rofl:

I hear Deval Patrick is considering the same for Massachusetts. . . as his WORST NIGHTMARE!

He SO reminds me of the black cop from Beverly Hills Cop. You know, the one that Axel picks on because of his voice? SAME VOICE!

F350
10-22-2012, 09:03
Katrina had people displaced, outsiders brought in etc.

If it happens in quieter times; all cops and NG have families, people know where they live...... Just saying you don't have to sit home and wait.

TactiCool
10-22-2012, 17:18
I can hardly wait until the 6th. And hopefully, those awful gun free school zones will disappear. I don't like being a sheep 5 days a week.

tantrix
10-22-2012, 17:25
I can hardly wait until the 6th. And hopefully, those awful gun free school zones will disappear. I don't like being a sheep 5 days a week.

Just keep it in your vehicle. If you have to get out at a public school, just make it quick and get back to your weapon.

Yep...98% of those on GT would.

TactiCool
10-22-2012, 17:44
Just keep it in your vehicle. If you have to get out at a public school, just make it quick and get back to your weapon.

I wish it were that simple. I live in a dorm, and that's really my only option for the next two years. My vehicle stays parked sometimes for over a week. A gun in my car really won't do me too much good.

It's pretty sad, but I'll just have to take solace in knowing that I am within shouting distance of the university PD. I know they will save me. :rofl:

tantrix
10-22-2012, 17:58
I wish it were that simple. I live in a dorm, and that's really my only option for the next two years. My vehicle stays parked sometimes for over a week. A gun in my car really won't do me too much good.

It's pretty sad, but I'll just have to take solace in knowing that I am within shouting distance of the university PD. I know they will save me. :rofl:

Gun-free college campuses are the dumbest **** they've ever come up with anyway...how did that work out at VA-Tech? Yeah, thought so...

Anyone with half a brain can get a gun onto a college campus and shoot the place up, yet they claim students lawfully carrying is 'dangerous'. :rofl:

But, on the plus side, keep your head up...if any state will push for better gun laws it will be us. We already have almost none as it is, so that's a good thing.

certifiedfunds
10-22-2012, 18:02

In LA you can keep a gun in your dorm and transport it between car and dorm. There is an AG opinion supporting it.

IndyGunFreak
10-22-2012, 19:00
OK, getting away from the whole "when the police come you'll melt" or "jack booted thugs will do whatever the city tells them to"... argument...

Bobby Jindal should be applauded for clearly stating his position and why he believes this is a very important amendment that needs to be added to the state constitution. He's very clearly put himself on record here. He knows, probably as well as anyone, what was going on after Katrina, so it's nice to see his strong support for this amendment.

We need more politicians like him.

LoadToadBoss
10-22-2012, 19:24
It will be interesting to see how this affects restrictions on concealed carry that are in place now.
My local state representative told me that the new amendment pretty much resets all gun laws in the state. Prior restrictions upheld by the courts under the reasonable scrutiny standard are in jeopardy under the new amendment. Under the strict scrutiny standard, state and local governments must demonstrate that they cannot fulfill their constitutional obligations without the proposed restriction and that the proposed restriction represents the minimum necessary restriction necessary to accomplish the government objectives.

For example, Shreveport has some No Gun zone restrictions that were in place prior to 1986 and were thus grandfathered under the state preemption statute. Once this amendment gets passed, Shreveport will have to convince the courts under the strict scrutiny standard that these No Gun zones (like city parks) are essential for the city to fulfill its charter and statutory obligations. It's a tall hurdle to overcome.

TactiCool
10-22-2012, 19:40
In LA you can keep a gun in your dorm and transport it between car and dorm. There is an AG opinion supporting it.

Thatnks for the idea, CF. I did some digging, and not only is it an AG opinion but state law!

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78741

RS 14:95.2

95.2. Carrying a firearm, or dangerous weapon, by a student or nonstudent on school property, at school-sponsored functions or firearm-free zone

A. Carrying a firearm, or dangerous weapon as defined in R.S. 14:2, by a student or nonstudent on school property, at a school sponsored function, or in a firearm-free zone is unlawful and shall be defined as possession of any firearm or dangerous weapon, on one's person, at any time while on a school campus, on school transportation, or at any school sponsored function in a specific designated area including but not limited to athletic competitions, dances, parties, or any extracurricular activities, or within one thousand feet of any school campus.

B. For purposes of this Section, the following words have the following meanings:

(1) "School" means any elementary, secondary, high school, vocational-technical school, college, or university in this state.

(2) "Campus" means all facilities and property within the boundary of the school property.

(3) "School bus" means any motor bus being used to transport children to and from school or in connection with school activities.

(4) "Nonstudent" means any person not registered and enrolled in that school or a suspended student who does not have permission to be on the school campus.

C. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to:

(1) A federal, state, or local law enforcement officer in the performance of his official duties.

(2) A school official or employee acting during the normal course of his employment or a student acting under the direction of such school official or employee.

(3) Any person having the written permission of the principal.

(4) The possession of a firearm occurring within one thousand feet of school property and entirely on private property, or entirely within a private residence, or in accordance with a concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to R.S. 40:1379.1 or R.S. 40:1379.3.

(5) Any constitutionally protected activity which cannot be regulated by the state, such as a firearm contained entirely within a motor vehicle.

(6) Any student carrying a firearm to or from a class, in which he is duly enrolled, that requires the use of the firearm in the class.

(7) A student enrolled or participating in an activity requiring the use of a firearm including but not limited to any ROTC function under the authorization of a university.

(8) A student who possesses a firearm in his dormitory room or while going to or from his vehicle or any other person with permission of the administration.

However, while it is state law, the university policy at SLU is no weapons in dorms, so I guess they could expell me if I ever did. I'm probably going to talk to some people in the administration about it for clarification.

certifiedfunds
10-22-2012, 19:53
Thatnks for the idea, CF. I did some digging, and not only is it an AG opinion but state law!

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78741

However, while it is state law, the university policy at SLU is no weapons in dorms, so I guess they could expell me if I ever did. I'm probably going to talk to some people in the administration about it for clarification.

The other part of my comment was to be prepared for a fight.

I suspect this might be a lot like the superdome where they can apparently prohibit you from carrying but you can't be prosecuted for doing so......kind of crap

TactiCool
10-22-2012, 20:17
The other part of my comment was to be prepared for a fight.

I suspect this might be a lot like the superdome where they can apparently prohibit you from carrying but you can't be prosecuted for doing so......kind of crap

Yes it probably would end up being a fight, but I'll look into it a bit more before I decide whether or not to throw in the towel.

certifiedfunds
10-22-2012, 20:23
Yes it probably would end up being a fight, but I'll look into it a bit more before I decide whether or not to throw in the towel.

See if you can pm matthew courtney on here. He'll know the situation inside and out.