Anyone worried about riots if Mitt Romney loses the election? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone worried about riots if Mitt Romney loses the election?

frizz
10-22-2012, 09:23
Do you think the suburbs will burn?

Sporaticus
10-22-2012, 09:24
I'm not "worried" about it, because they won't dare come to my hood.

But I wouldn't be surprised if some big liberal cities saw some, and I hope they do.

Bren
10-22-2012, 09:26

I'm torn between not caring and hoping for it. When I consider the broader results, the suburbs burning would be the best outcome.

ChuteTheMall
10-22-2012, 09:26
Depends upon the meaning of the word "worried."

:50cal:

mgs
10-22-2012, 09:29
Citizens don't use rubber bullets......let the rioter be informed.

alphacat
10-22-2012, 09:29
It'll never happen. Just more left wing threats that never come to be. :moo:

1-2man
10-22-2012, 09:30
Do you think people are actually comprehending what they're reading?

TheNinja
10-22-2012, 09:31
I just bought 1000 rounds at the range last night. Not worried.

Sporaticus
10-22-2012, 09:33
It'll never happen. Just more left wing threats that never come to be. :moo:

It could happen in Philadelphia, Detroit, LA, and Chitcago. They know they have the support of the police and government to protect them from evil vigilantes trying to protect PROPERTY.

mgs
10-22-2012, 09:34
Who would the rioters be......the unemployeed or entitled? Both seem to be doing ok on the taxpayers back. If their checks stop they may get upset.

Adjuster
10-22-2012, 09:37
Why would anyone riot based on the election? Has it ever happened before?

/

SMOKEin
10-22-2012, 09:38
I'm torn between not caring and hoping for it. When I consider the broader results, the suburbs burning would be the best outcome.

Care to expand on your statement?

Rabid Rabbit
10-22-2012, 09:40

You gotta wonder at times.

SC Tiger
10-22-2012, 09:41

Well, most of his supporters will have to be at work by 8-9AM so I don't think they'll have time.

KommieforniaGlocker
10-22-2012, 09:46
But then I left California and moved to Florida, and now I am kinda hoping for them.:whistling:

Sporaticus
10-22-2012, 09:54

Scorched earth policy by the incumbent. If it is really close, and the incumbent and his campaign start contesting it in close races, and we have another Bush v Gore situation, it could cause the criminally inclined, who vote overwhelmingly democrat, to take advantage of the situation.

If they do, then the liberal mayors, being democrat, will go before the cameras to justify the "frustration that is causing the riots". Absent of a strong, immediate response, the situation grows and grows. When liberal mayors get on camera and explain why they are rioting and not the response, those sitting on the sidelines will decide it's time to join the effort.

CourtCop
10-22-2012, 10:02
I hope you guys have someone point out which lever is for which candidate come Election Day. Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit. May explain how Barry got elected in the first place

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

janice6
10-22-2012, 10:04
It is telling that the present government legals are taking no public stance regarding voiced threats of rioting and assassination.

I have said before, if that's what it takes to get obama out of office, then so be it.

I have no concern protecting what is mine, family or property, and will do so willingly.

Here's to proper management in government and Thug Reduction. :drink:

JimmyN
10-22-2012, 10:21
Anyone worried about riots if Mitt Romney loses the election?

No. I don't expect riots if Romney loses, conservatives don't typically loot, pillage, and burn down their neighborhoods and businesses because they didn't get their way.

But if Romney wins I do expect riots as the liberal media will whip the entitlement/welfare crowd into a frenzy with false claims of election fraud, lies, cheating, etc. Then once it starts it will grow as more and more join in. DHS has been purchasing riot gear and over a billion rounds of ammo in preparation for civil unrest, and I doubt they expect to need it against conservative crowds burning and pillaging because of a Romney loss.

aircarver
10-22-2012, 10:24
I'm worried.

....I may have to replace a lot of ammunition at high prices ... :supergrin:

Lone Wolf8634
10-22-2012, 10:27
Why would there be riots if Romney loses the election????:dunno:

FLIPPER 348
10-22-2012, 10:27

Nope

.........and the OP even used small words

G19Tony
10-22-2012, 10:29
I'd like to think nobody will riot. What's always been cool about the US, has been the peaceful transfer of power. Not like, say, just about everywhere else, where people go insane with violence after an election.

aircarver
10-22-2012, 10:30
The 'rioter class' has demonstrated that they riot when their team wins, riot when their team loses, so the question cuts both ways.

G19Tony
10-22-2012, 10:32
The 'rioter class' has demonstrated that they riot when their team wins, riot when their team loses, so the question cuts both ways.

Like Detroit winning a championship. :rofl:

wjv
10-22-2012, 10:35

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Readin. . It's funnymental. . . :tongueout:

TheExplorer
10-22-2012, 10:46
I would think it would be the other way around, no?

frizz
10-22-2012, 10:46
I hope you guys have someone point out which lever is for which candidate come Election Day. Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit. May explain how Barry got elected in the first place

:rofl:

Of the posters who were able to read and comprehend my question, your reply is the funniest! +1 on the snark.

frizz
10-22-2012, 10:50
Nope

.........and the OP even used small words

I tried, Flipper.

I was trying for a gag to make people laugh. I was kinda proud of my line "Do you think the suburbs will burn".

EDIT: I didn't mean for this to be a "punk'd" thread. But it turned out to be one, and it is a lot more amusing than my gag line.

Y'know, even though I didn't concur with you on the WWII Japanese-American thingy, at least you took the time to read what I wrote before making a reply...

GTFord1
10-22-2012, 10:53
Boy, a lot of people missed the joke on this one.

I'm sure Freud has something to say about this thread, were he alive and an internet-using forum reader.

Sharkey
10-22-2012, 10:53
No. I don't expect riots if Romney loses, conservatives don't typically loot, pillage, and burn down their neighborhoods and businesses because they didn't get their way.

But if Romney wins I do expect riots as the liberal media will whip the entitlement/welfare crowd into a frenzy with false claims of election fraud, lies, cheating, etc. Then once it starts it will grow as more and more join in. DHS has been purchasing riot gear and over a billion rounds of ammo in preparation for civil unrest, and I doubt they expect to need it against conservative crowds burning and pillaging because of a Romney loss.

This point exactly. I'm only mildly concerned where I'm at. Lots of conservatives here in TX own guns so the risk is minimal. Why don't we just control the riots - We can make Detroit and Chicago, the de facto riot areas. We can bus the rioters in and have the Occupy crowd set up tents and food service to them. We'll even entice the crowd with free reefer.
We'll easily disperse the crowds with offers of a job and the requirement of a drug test for those on welfare. :supergrin:

Flying-Dutchman
10-22-2012, 10:55
No worries. Why would they do something stupid like riot?

They might actually find a job if Romney wins.

1-2man
10-22-2012, 11:15
I would think it would be the other way around, no?

You're almost there! :supergrin:

Bullwinkle J Moose
10-22-2012, 11:40
It could happen in Philadelphia, Detroit, LA, and Chitcago...

I reckon their daddies never told them to not crap where they eat. :upeyes:

I'm ready, but not really worrying more than usual, since most criminals are Democrats and ply their trade year round anyhow, not just after an election.

No worries. Why would they do something stupid like riot?

They might actually find a job if Romney wins.

They'd rather have BO send their checks to their domiciles than go out and have to earn it. It's their birthright.

TheExplorer
10-22-2012, 11:44
You're almost there! :supergrin:

Apparently I did miss the joke. I remember the Gore election re-count when the Republican buses pulled up at the counting stations, people got out and started banging on the doors like animals while the votes where being counted.

Bren
10-22-2012, 11:44
Boy, a lot of people missed the joke on this one.

I'm sure Freud has something to say about this thread, were he alive and an internet-using forum reader.

Yep, I missed it. It's like when you see a misspelled word and your brain automatically fixes it without noticing.

Does make you wonder - I guess there hasn't been a Republican riot since Abe Lincoln was president.

mike from st pe
10-22-2012, 13:52
Obama victory riots, like when the team wins and the fans all go about celebrating!
:wavey::faint:

G36's Rule
10-22-2012, 13:54

Sgt127
10-22-2012, 13:57
This thread is amazing. I read the question...snickered a little and then started reading the posts. I had to go back and make sure I hadn't misread the original post.

There is a couple hundred thousand in Government grants waiting for someone to use this as a case study...

tantrix
10-22-2012, 14:02
Riot??

People in this country doesn't have the balls to riot. They'll just piss and moan like always.

SixDemonBag
10-22-2012, 14:05
This thread...wow. :faint:

Based on the reading comprehension level of just about every poster, please don't vote.

1-2man
10-22-2012, 14:06
Like Detroit winning a championship. :rofl:

...and we are one step closer to it. Go Tigers (don't burn my warehouse down...please.)

Mrs. VR
10-22-2012, 14:10
I was going to move this to PI, then I was going to lock it because I thought it was just a trolly post, then...I read the replies, and now I can't decide WHAT to do, other than :faint:

Ragnar
10-22-2012, 14:15
I have a lawn chair, a cooler with iced tea and snacks, several rifles and a pile of loaded mags. Gonna suck to be a rioter on my block.

concretefuzzynuts
10-22-2012, 14:16
This thread had more potential when the misreading wasn't revealed.

fnfalman
10-22-2012, 14:22

I'm thinking more along the line of a Federal building blowing up than some simple riot.

NDCent
10-22-2012, 14:27
When I was younger, 4 more years of hope and change may have made me pull a Rodney King event. Right leaning folks are too browbeaten nowadays.

tantrix
10-22-2012, 14:38
When I was younger, 4 more years of hope and change may have made me pull a Rodney King event. Right leaning folks are too browbeaten nowadays.

Exactly. Read post #40.

I'm sure this will piss some people off, but I actually have some admiration for those people in Libya. It reminds me of how the citizens of this country used to be before they became spoiled, fat, lazy whiners.

Sure, we lost an ambassador which was a tragedy, no doubt. But look at what those people managed to do because they were pissed off. If people here put forth even 1/2 of that we would be in much better shape.

But, the truth is...very few people actually care, it's just easy to pretend they do these days because of the internet. Americans are spoiled and don't care about anything except their neighborhood, lawn, SUV's, fast food, and iPhones.

guns54
10-22-2012, 14:48
Exactly. Read post #40.

I'm sure this will piss some people off, but I actually have some admiration for those people in Libya. It reminds me of how the citizens of this country used to be before they became spoiled, fat, lazy whiners.

Sure, we lost an ambassador which was a tragedy, no doubt. But look at what those people managed to do because they were pissed off. If people here put forth even 1/2 of that we would be in much better shape.

But, the truth is...very few people actually care, it's just easy to pretend they do these days because of the internet. Americans are spoiled and don't care about anything except their neighborhood, lawn, SUV's, fast food, and iPhones.You are 100% right. Have a safe night.

inthefrey
10-22-2012, 14:53
DHS is gearing up.

http://rt.com/usa/news/dhs-unrest-gear-283/

Flying-Dutchman
10-22-2012, 14:53
Riot??

People in this country doesn't have the balls to riot. They'll just piss and moan like always.
We are no different than during the Revolutionary War when only about 35% were Patriots and the rest neutral or Loyalists.

As far as riots if Romney loses; quiet protest in the form of far less economic activity will be far more effective.

Mrs. VR
10-22-2012, 15:42
Exactly. Read post #40.

But, the truth is...very few people actually care, it's just easy to pretend they do these days because of the internet. Americans are spoiled and don't care about anything except their neighborhood, lawn, SUV's, fast food, and iPhones.
You do realize it was a planned terrorist attack, not an " uprising" by the people, right?

Eta: or are you talking about overthrowing Ghaddafi which is totally a separate subject?

tantrix
10-22-2012, 15:50
You do realize it was a planned terrorist attack, not an " uprising" by the people, right?

Well obviously terrorists are what the U.S. is going to call them...it looks better in the news than 'rioters'. In reality it was nothing more than some pissed off people looking for revenge. But, regardless...in the end they still felt strongly about what they believed, organized it, and got their goal achieved.

I'm not saying we need to go try to burn the white house down or anything stupid like that, but this country is in serious need of people with that kind of passion. We have simply stopped caring.

Their actions were despicable and unnecessary, but their drive was admirable.

fnfalman
10-22-2012, 15:50
As far as riots if Romney loses; quiet protest in the form of far less economic activity will be far more effective.

BUT I want to pay $100 for a high cap Glock mag!!!

mac66
10-22-2012, 15:51
yeah, I think republicans will kill their scotch bottles while frat boys and market investors will go on a portfolio rampage if Mitt loses.

Some of you guys need to get a sense of humor.

Trew2Life
10-22-2012, 16:02

No. They typically threaten to secede from the union and/or spark a civil war. Unless of course it's a NHL playoff game. :rofl:

frizz
10-22-2012, 16:04
I was going to move this to PI, then I was going to lock it because I thought it was just a trolly post, then...I read the replies, and now I can't decide WHAT to do, other than :faint:
I figgered it would be a gag worth a snicker, and then it would fall like a rock. I was floored by the reaction.

On Sgt127's observation, I'm gonna get a grant writer to help me snag a quarter mil in gubment cheese for a "study."

wjv
10-22-2012, 16:09

Must not lock thread. . . .

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/bcvojak/RVNet3/vodo02.jpg

You have been warned. . .

:tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

irishbum
10-22-2012, 16:30
I for one WILL be one of the people clearing out Banana Republic looting all the khaki's,polo shirts, and loafers I can get. Oh and the wife has been bugging me about getting new sconces for the living room, maybe Bed,Bath & Beyond. I don't know if we'll have time.

gwalchmai
10-22-2012, 16:37
Anyone ever read Microcosmic God by Theodore Sturgeon?

chewybaca67
10-22-2012, 17:29
I believe at this point in history anything can happen.
Think smart, not strong.

Flying-Dutchman
10-22-2012, 17:37
I figgered it would be a gag worth a snicker, and then it would fall like a rock. I was floored by the reaction.

On Sgt127's observation, I'm gonna get a grant writer to help me snag a quarter mil in gubment cheese for a "study."
I know, you Liberals are so much smarter than us dimwit Conservatives.

You got me and it serves me right to glance and rant on GT instead of working which is what I am supposed to be doing.:supergrin:

Boot Stomper
10-22-2012, 17:45
"Anyone worried about riots if Mitt Romney loses the election?"

More likely it will be the other way around. Riots if Obama loses the election.

clancy
10-22-2012, 17:52

/

Thses morons riot if their team wins a game. Imagine the celebratory fireworks if their team wins reelection.

oldman11
10-22-2012, 17:57
Not hardly. But ready.

FLIPPER 348
10-22-2012, 18:24
I know, you Liberals are so much smarter than us dimwit Conservatives.

.:supergrin:

......um, this thread sorta proves that

1-2man
10-22-2012, 18:48
"Anyone worried about riots if Mitt Romney loses the election?"

More like it will be the other way around. Riots if Obama loses the election.

:faint:

F_G
10-22-2012, 19:03
Do you think people are actually comprehending what they're reading?Do the majority of people on this site read before they start typing?

JerryVO
10-22-2012, 19:08
Not worried at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

mrmedina
10-22-2012, 20:06
I work early morning shift on Nov.7th. I will watch early morning news and internet. Should I see some "disturbances" per the media. I will call in sick, I just can't afford to be separated between work and home. Due to it might spread to my city.
I'd be a fool, not to be concerned, but not worried. My 2 cents.

zachste
10-22-2012, 20:29
Well obviously terrorists are what the U.S. is going to call them...it looks better in the news than 'rioters'. In reality it was nothing more than some pissed off people looking for revenge. But, regardless...in the end they still felt strongly about what they believed, organized it, and got their goal achieved.

I'm not saying we need to go try to burn the white house down or anything stupid like that, but this country is in serious need of people with that kind of passion. We have simply stopped caring.

Their actions were despicable and unnecessary, but their drive was admirable.
You are aware that was a lie about rioters correct? They had mortars and rpgs, some crazy rioters those must be to get mad about a terrible, over year old, youtube video. Their intelligence reports came out that it was never rioters, that it was in fact a pre planned terrorist attack carried out by terrorists, possibly with the help of a suspected terrorist who was once housed at Gitmo?

tantrix
10-22-2012, 20:34
You are aware that was a lie about rioters correct? They had mortars and rpgs, some crazy rioters those must be to get mad about a terrible, over year old, youtube video. Their intelligence reports came out that it was never rioters, that it was in fact a pre planned terrorist attack carried out by terrorists, possibly with the help of a suspected terrorist who was once housed at Gitmo?

The same post you quoted is my answer...doesn't really matter what they were. Also, Libya isn't the only example it's just the first one that came to mind.

railfancwb
10-22-2012, 21:14

Are you talking about the subject line of this thread? Vs the comments?

railfancwb
10-22-2012, 21:18
Anyone ever read Microcosmic God by Theodore Sturgeon?

Think so... I need an impenetrable force field...NOW!