Why Honey Boo Boo Is So "Disturbing". [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why Honey Boo Boo Is So "Disturbing".

JBnTX
10-22-2012, 09:37
Is it because we see ourselves in that show?

I Know Why Weíre So Disturbed By Honey Boo Boo
http://crushable.com/entertainment/honey-boo-boo-alana-thompson-278/

"We, as a nation, as a civilization, as a genus and as a species, are so disturbingly entertained by Honey Boo Boo because it is the realest reality show ever produced."

"People like to say that America has no discernable culture, but this is it: Us laughing at something on a big screen thatís laughing back at us. This show isnít reality television. Itís reality America."

mgs
10-22-2012, 09:42
Stupid people watch stupid shows....that about sums it up.

USMCsilver
10-22-2012, 09:44
I see fat, white trash every day in simple day-to-day living. I don't care to sit and watch that junk on TV.

1-2man
10-22-2012, 09:44
I've never seen an episode. I'm starting to want to sit down and watch an episode to see what all the hype is about.

Dennis in MA
10-22-2012, 09:48
No. I don't see myself or anyone I associate with (present company excluded) that anywhere relates to Hunnybewbew or her Chewbacca mommy. It's disturbing because. . . it's disturbing. People aren't supposed to be like that. Branchless family trees show more discretion than that.

Dennis in MA
10-22-2012, 09:49
I've never seen an episode. I'm starting to want to sit down and watch an episode to see what all the hype is about.

Just watch the commercials. The show is just the commercial with 28 minutes of OTHER commercials on.

Rabid Rabbit
10-22-2012, 09:52
Talk about a train wreck in progress. The whole family needs subtitles to be understood, mother living vicariously through her daughter, guess that breath and dumpster diving, that poor kid is going to need some serious therapy.

USMCsilver
10-22-2012, 09:55
No. I don't see myself or anyone I associate with (present company excluded) that anywhere relates to Hunnybewbew or her Chewbacca mommy. It's disturbing because. . . it's disturbing. People aren't supposed to be like that. Branchless family trees show more discretion than that.

You need to visit Eastern TN, NE GA, NW SC, & W. VA. :whistling:

arclight610
10-22-2012, 09:56
So I youtubed "Honey Boo Boo." WTF.

Dennis in MA
10-22-2012, 09:57

No. No I do not. :rofl::rofl:

Mrs.Cicero
10-22-2012, 09:57
I've never watched the show (we don't have tv), but I've seen enough about it on the internet to know it's disturbing because it is grotesque... Everything that is wrong with our culture all together in one house... And then glorified by putting it on the tv.

JBnTX
10-22-2012, 10:00

:rofl:...I grew up in rural southern West Virginia.
I know what you mean.

sappy13
10-22-2012, 10:18
I think the show is funny because one of my roommates is from the area that Honey Boo Boo lives in. There have been multiple episodes where she will say how she knows that place. She hates that she shares a hometown close to where she lives.

GRIMLET
10-22-2012, 10:27
I see fat, white trash every day in simple day-to-day living. I don't care to sit and watch that junk on TV.

Yes sir!!!!
Thank you.
These shows make all Southerners look the stereotype.

janice6
10-22-2012, 10:27
I can't believe we as a population can waste precious time watching some other persons perceived reality.

Especially that of a controlling parent/child (they are interchangeable).
Real reality is a *****. I get reality all my waking hours.

I want some escape from reality, and that's getting to be scarce on the media, except for the news, no reality there.

TheExplorer
10-22-2012, 10:29
If I saw myself in that show I would need to rethink things.

Sharkey
10-22-2012, 10:57
never watched it but Southpark had a recent episode dealing with the popularity of the show and not only was it highly funny but somewhat of a teaching episode for folks that watch it.

1-2man
10-22-2012, 11:06
Just watch the commercials. The show is just the commercial with 28 minutes of OTHER commercials on.

I just youtubed it. Holy crap! :wow: :shocked: :faint:

Walk Soft
10-22-2012, 11:16
never watched it but Southpark had a recent episode dealing with the popularity of the show and not only was it highly funny but somewhat of a teaching episode for folks that watch it.

I saw it too,hilarious.:rofl:

JW1178
10-22-2012, 12:14
I think it's odd how people talk about Honey Boo Boo being all trashy, but compared to the other reality show, they are not half as bad. Yes, they carry themselves trashy in a stereotypical "white trailer park trash" kind of way, but as far as the people themselves, they aren't bad people.

I'd say they aren't half as trashy as say those repo show families. I mean what is there to be said about a bunch of hardass types that like to get all tatted up and work out so they are all swolen then go around dominating people. They get a big thrill out of taking people's stuff and then having the confrontation where they are in control. What kind of people are those? People who deserve to get shot. Bounty hunters are the same way. They like that power. The Jersey Shore crew are/were twice as trashy in my opinion. They are just trashy people but they have money, and they know how to dress and stay clean cut or whatever, because they can afford it, but they as people, are garbage.

People see someone worse than themselves and make fun of it feeling more moral about themselves.

Remember Anna Nichole Smith's show? People like watching other's demise because it makes them feel better about themsleves.

eruby
10-22-2012, 12:52
I see fat, white trash every day in simple day-to-day living. I don't care to sit and watch that junk on TV.Would you watch skinny white trash? :supergrin:

Gallium
10-22-2012, 12:58
Never seen that show, and most likely never will.

tuica
10-22-2012, 13:12
I don't even want to know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone like this. Have I distanced myself enough?!No. I don't see myself or anyone I associate with (present company excluded) that anywhere relates to Hunnybewbew or her Chewbacca mommy. It's disturbing because. . . it's disturbing. People aren't supposed to be like that. Branchless family trees show more discretion than that.

mike from st pe
10-22-2012, 14:02
reality t.v. Is for people that cannot handle drugs

Bren
10-22-2012, 14:06
I've never seen the show, but I looked it up on Wikipedia and found this:
June Shannon herself has been criticized for her daughter's diet, which includes "Go Go Juice", a mixture of Red Bull and Mountain Dew . . . . She has also been praised by Mother Nature Network for the "keen business sense" with which she feeds her family on $80 a week by clipping copious coupons, playing Bingo, exploiting roadkill and acquiring child support checks from each of her four children’s fathers.

There is also a picture, which raises the question of how she managed to find 4 different men willing to have sex with her.
http://img2-2.timeinc.net/people/i/2012/news/120910/mama-june-600.jpg

Sounds like, if you like this you probably had to quit your job to avoid missing episodes of the Jerry Springer Show.

SixDemonBag
10-22-2012, 14:09
A lot of the country is WT compared to metropolis' so they relate, everyone else watches because it's a spectacle of almost unbelievable proportions.

Me? I don't watch any of that crap because people like that need a dirt nap, not approval.

NDCent
10-22-2012, 14:09
June Shannon is soooo hot. :perfect10:

Lowjiber
10-22-2012, 14:20
If you wanta have some fun, go to Walmart. I only go there to buy bullets, but there seems to be a Honey Boo Boo and her mother on every other aisle.

fnfalman
10-22-2012, 14:25
There is also a picture, which raises the question of how she managed to find 4 different men willing to have sex with her.

Not just four men but four white men.

frizz
10-22-2012, 14:28
Would you watch skinny white trash? :supergrin:
Sometimes you see an attractive woman who suddenly develops warts after when opens her mouth.

Jay9928
10-22-2012, 14:30
http://thr1.pgmcdn.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/thumbnail_570x321/2012/10/honey_boo_boo_south_park_a_l.jpg

Kozel
10-22-2012, 14:34
Until now I did not know if Honey Boo Boo is a who or what.

Apparently it is a person, probably human that many, many idiots pay attention to.

Dave.1
10-22-2012, 14:44
I can't believe we as a population can waste precious time watching some other persons perceived reality.

I remember seeing on the news a few years ago how a contestant on an Italian "reality" show had to be rescued from an island because they would have died otherwise.

I thought to myself "Wouldn't the guy dying be reality?"

Dave

vikingsoftpaw
10-22-2012, 15:14

I Know Why We’re So Disturbed By Honey Boo Boo

"We, as a nation, as a civilization, as a genus and as a species, are so disturbingly entertained by Honey Boo Boo because it is the realest reality show ever produced."

"People like to say that America has no discernable culture, but this is it: Us laughing at something on a big screen that’s laughing back at us. This show isn’t reality television. It’s reality America."

...because as taxpayers we have a vested interest in seeing where are welfare money, food stamps and Medicaid goes.

We paid the admiration, so we should enjoy the show.

berto62
10-22-2012, 16:03

Just proves the fact that no matter how ugly a woman is there is always some guy that is willing to **** her:shocked:

Bren
10-22-2012, 16:20

Honestly, I did double check the family picture for that reason.

fnfalman
10-22-2012, 16:41
Honestly, I did double check the family picture for that reason.

That's the first thing I did.:embarassed:

NeverMore1701
10-22-2012, 16:43
How about no.

RonS
10-22-2012, 16:44
There isn't enough decent content on TV in an entire week to make it worth turning on for an hour. IMHO the majority of television is propaganda aimed at reducing the inteligence and morality of the public to the point that they become perfect consumers, mindless, bloated worms sucking down pap and excreting dollars.

NH Trucker
10-22-2012, 17:10
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/530717_434225286634511_206241100_n.jpg

Flattop67
10-22-2012, 20:36
I grew up in Ma. but have lived in the south for the last 20yrs. thanks to Uncle Sam. I find all these show reprehensible. Folks in OTHER countries watch these shows. It makes Americans look like Idiots! (Granted, many are, but we don't need to advertise it!)

GlocksterPaulie
10-22-2012, 20:48
WTF is Honey Boo Boo? Is that a spin off of Yogi Bear?

Paulie

Kevin108
10-22-2012, 21:00
If you're a fan of anyone on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, this show is your fault. It saw your demographic and tried to make a show that was more family-oriented and approachable.

nursetim
01-05-2013, 14:06
Are they brain damaged? Seriously, are they? Do they eat lead paint chip salads every day? We really have issues that the galactically stupid are elevated to celebrity status. Just watching the promo's make me pray for a meteorite the size of Texas to strike the earth. The stupid now out number those with average intelligence.

dango
01-05-2013, 14:08
I've never seen the show, but I looked it up on Wikipedia and found this:

Sounds like, if you like this you probably had to quit your job to avoid missing episodes of the Jerry Springer Show.

To the OP:-Need anybody say or see more ?................:shocked:

GRIMLET
01-05-2013, 14:13

I stopped reading this thread after the third post.

USMCSilver got it 100% right.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

vikingsoftpaw
01-05-2013, 18:19
We've all laughed all butts off at show dogging Black folks like Puttie-Tang, The PJ's, Chocolate News and other Blacksploitation films.

Whitey - Meet Honey Boo Boo. Her family tree that is shaped like a Christmas Wreath.

Unless you get away from the pavement and concrete you'd never come across people like her sort.

Dennis in MA
01-05-2013, 18:42
Puttie Tang was invented by Louis CK.

cesaros
01-05-2013, 18:46
Its really facinating to watch people die slowly of heart disease, obesity, and diabeties right before your eyes.

Never has there been a more beneficial show on animal planet...err uh, i mean TLC.

gjk5
01-05-2013, 19:10

that show and others like it are an attempt to further the stereotype that people from those areas are all like that. It goes to strengthen the idea that people from the south are dumb, lazy and fat.

These shows are all focused on one racial demographic. Ever wondered why?

White people are stupid and lazy, ESPECIALLY the southern ones. dirty hillbillies.

Zonny
01-05-2013, 19:20

She's hiding her 5th child under her neck.

NeverMore1701
01-05-2013, 19:32

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

gjk5
01-05-2013, 19:37

dammit. now you made me look closely at her neck. discusting.

nursetim
01-05-2013, 20:59
Looks like a giant thumb.

FLIPPER 348
01-05-2013, 21:14

You perhaps but that crap has never graced the screen in the Flipper House.

G17Jake
01-05-2013, 21:39
I've never even heard of the show.

CAcop
01-05-2013, 22:00
I had no clue what you were talking about until I youtubed it. I think I remember seeing a promo and tuning it out.

BTW I watched it on youtube with it on mute to keep from waking the baby. It was painful just watching it without sound. If I had the volume on I might have shot my computer.

HarlDane
01-05-2013, 22:41
Based on the Duck Dynasty thread, I would have thought another show full of white trash southerners who can't speak English would be a hit with GT'ers. I guess if they were slimmer and had a bit more cash it would be more popular around here.

G29Reload
01-06-2013, 00:18

Speak for yourself.

Never seen an episode. Have seen a promo while watching something else…and heard about it.

Not hard to see its about white trash. Complete idiots. Nothing more.

In a country that just re-elected Obama, its not surprising it has viewers. Stupid TV for stupid people.

clancy
01-06-2013, 04:41
Yes sir!!!!
Thank you.
These shows make all Southerners look the stereotype.

It isn't just in the South. The North has more than it's fair share of poor white trash. Come to think of it, Honey Boo-Boo's family should aspire to becoming poor white trash. It would be a step up for them.

ignantmike
01-06-2013, 05:05
i'm jealous.....they made more money than i will ever see in my life.....:crying:

Restless28
01-06-2013, 05:06
Never seen it and never will. Like was already said, I see enough of this in reality every day.

I live in NE Bama.

And not just fat white trash, there are a lot of fat lower to middle class folks here too. We are becoming a fat and lazy country, over medicated, over indulgent, and over fed

BSA70
01-06-2013, 05:07
In her teenage days, the mother actually lived in a neighboring town about 10 miles down the road.

I've never seen the show start to finish. I think I watched about 15 min on netflix.

The mother and boo boo were on the Today show. She was bragging how she was saving all the financial windfall for the kids.

BULL! these folks don't strike me as the type person that saves anything. I would bet 10 paychecks that soon as the show is over they will be broke and applying for welfare.

BSA70
01-06-2013, 05:08

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BicycleDay43
01-06-2013, 05:19
reality t.v. Is for people that cannot handle drugs

True story. :thumbsup:

That mom has more chins than a Hong-Kong phonebook.

Sent from the Duke City using OHM

Bren
01-06-2013, 05:22
I've never watched the show (we don't have tv), but I've seen enough about it on the internet to know it's disturbing because it is grotesque... Everything that is wrong with our culture all together in one house... And then glorified by putting it on the tv.

Same here - never seen in (no TV) but that's about my conclusion from what I've seen online).

Waboom!!
01-06-2013, 14:18
Looks like a giant thumb.
Tom Barnard on the KQRS Morning Show said this about 6 months ago. Except he said "Human Thumb" :rofl:

HauntedAlabama
01-06-2013, 15:11
Based on the Duck Dynasty thread, I would have thought another show full of white trash southerners who can't speak English would be a hit with GT'ers. I guess if they were slimmer and had a bit more cash it would be more popular around here.

The people from Duck Dynasty are just good ole boys and very rich ones at that. I do not consider them white trash by any means. The Honey Boo Boo clan fit the white trash label that makes you cringe when they say they are from the south. In reality trash is in each and every state of the union so I don't let it bother me to much.

jakebrake
01-06-2013, 15:13
Talk about a train wreck in progress. The whole family needs subtitles to be understood, mother living vicariously through her daughter, guess that breath and dumpster diving, that poor kid is going to need some serious therapy.

saw about 8 minutes of one show. wondered why child protective services was not on this family like a hawk on a field mouse.

Osborne
01-06-2013, 15:29

You forgot the worst one... Eastern Ky.....

TunaFisherman
01-06-2013, 15:42
The dumbing down of America....

eccho
01-06-2013, 15:48

I Know Why Weíre So Disturbed By Honey Boo Boo

"People like to say that America has no discernable culture, but this is it: Us laughing at something on a big screen thatís laughing back at us. This show isnít reality television. Itís reality America."

I really like this site and don't want to get banned, so I will say this "politely".

*ahem* **** that pile of garbage.

I thought The Learning Channel used to be at least mildly educational.

THEPOPE
01-06-2013, 15:55

Don't care who you are, that's funny...neck-preg....

I find it disturbing that we are still on this subject for 3, now 4 pages in a manly and real-womanly gun forum....

Yikes, Hades, the anti-gun threads have less hits...or comments...

I am out.....see my sig line...:cool:

gjk5
01-06-2013, 18:41

if you think Duck Dynasty is what white trash looks like then you have lived a very sheltered life.

but hey, all that crap TV is working. always plenty of southerner hate in GNG.

Restless28
01-06-2013, 19:12
if you think Duck Dynasty is what white trash looks like then you have lived a very sheltered life.

but hey, all that crap TV is working. always plenty of southerner hate in GNG.

Ain't that the truth. Add to that Wal-Mart and Unions and you have the trifecta of hate.