Italian Hunters Shooting A Lot... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Italian Hunters Shooting A Lot...

Baba Louie
10-22-2012, 13:25
of other Italians.

http://news.yahoo.com/thirteen-italians-die-bloody-start-hunt-season-165700386.html
Italian hunting enthusiasts have killed 13 people and wounded 33 in shooting accidents since the season opened in September, increasing pressure to reform antiquated hunting laws.

Makes ya wonder if vino is involved or if everyone over there looks like a duck or rabbit or... what?!?! :faint:

Just.. wow.

Berto
10-22-2012, 13:31
Is this bad?

eruby
10-22-2012, 13:32
Were the shooters named Fabrizio?

G36's Rule
10-22-2012, 13:37
And a little further down the page...

:rofl:

http://news.yahoo.com/italian-court-convicts-7-no-quake-warning-153822654.html

Baba Louie
10-22-2012, 13:55
G36
I had to laugh because I knew someone would add that little bit of wonderful judicial thought process in that story. Dang seismoligists (sp?) can't even predict a little earthquake (watch the birds, cats and dogs, maybe they'll tell you something is soon to be a kilter.)

el_jewapo
10-22-2012, 13:57
Makes me wonder if someone isn't working on getting their imaginary hog tooth.

DonGlock26
10-22-2012, 14:23
Too much vino?

GlockinNJ
10-22-2012, 14:27
"Hey Vinny, walk down into that ditch over there, I need you to flush out the ducks. Yeah, flush out the ducks. Fuggetaboutit, just walk into the friggin ditch..."

BLAM!

treeline
10-22-2012, 14:27
Makes ya wonder if vino is involved or if everyone over there looks like a duck or rabbit or... what?!?! :faint:

Just.. wow.

I know people who go hunting in Italy and they say the locals shoot anything that moves and don't pay attention to where their shot goes. The trespass laws are meager to non-existant which means people shooting near buildings.

When my sister lived in Spain she had the same problem. Every October the hunters would turn up and she'd hear the patter of buckshot on the roof a dozen times a day. They were shooting in an orange grove 20 feet from her house and shot anything in sight. Songbirds, local cats, whatever.

Baba Louie
10-22-2012, 14:59
When my sister lived in Spain she had the same problem. Every October the hunters would turn up and she'd hear the patter of buckshot on the roof a dozen times a day. They were shooting in an orange grove 20 feet from her house and shot anything in sight. Songbirds, local cats, whatever. treeline... just ... just, wow.

Yet in Germany, hunting is taken oh so seriously... as it should be methinks.

http://heartofgermany.blogspot.com/2009/06/hunting-in-germany.html

Dennis in MA
10-22-2012, 17:34
Leave the rabbit, take the cannolis.

HollowHead
10-22-2012, 18:12
I know people who go hunting in Italy and they say the locals shoot anything that moves and don't pay attention to where their shot goes. The trespass laws are meager to non-existant which means people shooting near buildings.

When my sister lived in Spain she had the same problem. Every October the hunters would turn up and she'd hear the patter of buckshot on the roof a dozen times a day. They were shooting in an orange grove 20 feet from her house and shot anything in sight. Songbirds, local cats, whatever.

I've hunted wild boar in Tuscany more than once and have to tell you, it's one of the craziest things for an American hunter to experience. My favorite is still the gun racks in the bars so that during your breakfast drink you have a place to place your rifle. The tonier places acutally have a gun-check bellisima like we'd have a coat-check girl, which is a good thing as by 8am you're too drunk to identify your own gun. HH

Baba Louie
10-23-2012, 05:26
My favorite is still the gun racks in the bars so that during your breakfast drink you have a place to place your rifle. The tonier places acutally have a gun-check bellisima like we'd have a coat-check girl, which is a good thing as by 8am you're too drunk to identify your own gun. HH :wow:

...well, differing strokes for differing folks and I sure am glad that the US hunters I know, typically practice a more sober form of "pre-hunt" activity. I have seen less than sober hunters, but again, typically it's post hunt, around the campfire libations, pre hit the sack. Always fun to watch those guys the next morning. Sorta.

paynter2
10-23-2012, 05:41
Were the shooters named Fabrizio?

Or Fabio... "I am hunting cheekun." :wavey:

cowboywannabe
10-23-2012, 06:28
i think maybe a lot of family business was settled.

8-Ball
10-23-2012, 06:38
Leave the rabbit, take the cannolis.

:rofl: