Dangerous drive home today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous drive home today

gwalchmai
10-22-2012, 16:00
Well, not for me.

I was waiting for the light to change so I could turn left (onto North Berkeley Lake Rd from Buford Hyway N, if it helps). There were a couple of cars ahead of me in the turn lane and two in the "going straight" lane to my right. The light changed for both lanes and my lane started moving. The guy in the pickup truck to my right though everyone was moving so he started up, too, but the guy in front of him was asleep at the wheel, so the pickup dude just plowed into the back of him. Probably around 10MPH. Guy looks over at me with a cig in his hand and the most "man, what a dumbass move I made" look on his face. I waved and smiled, and drove away.

Then, as I'm approaching the house one of the neighborhood squirrels kamakazied himself under my rear wheel. I turned around and could see that (a) he wasn't dead, and (b) he wasn't going to survive. So I rolled over his head. Parked the car and went back for him, but he was too mashed up for anything but soup. My neighbors came out and agreed he wasn't worth skinning so I put him under a tree for the foxes.

Y'all be careful out there... ;)

F350
10-22-2012, 16:57
Hummmm... he was too mashed up for anything but soup.

Must be to the south side of the perimeter :tongueout::rofl:

Dennis in MA
10-22-2012, 17:22
In FallRiver, they recently put up a 4-way stop. Well, 5-6 weeks ago. I was going right. The dude coming from my left blew the stop. I beeped. He looked like I would have felt. Save a car or two, I would have done the same thing about 4x in the first two weeks. Lol

No harm, no foul. Stuff happens. Good when the perps own up.

Harper
10-22-2012, 17:25
The guy in the pickup truck to my right though everyone was moving so he started up, too, but the guy in front of him was asleep at the wheel, so the pickup dude just plowed into the back of him. Probably around 10MPH.

It's amazing how many accidents would be avoided if people simply looked in the direction they were going.

ron59
10-22-2012, 17:52
It's amazing how many accidents would be avoided if people simply looked in the direction they were going.

But how could I read my buddy's text if I did THAT!!???

:rofl::rofl::rofl::tongueout::tongueout:

gwalchmai
10-22-2012, 17:53
Hummmm...

Must be to the south side of the perimeter :tongueout::rofl:Actually, it's the northern side of a southern perimeter. ;)