Car floor liners Husky or Weathertech? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Car floor liners Husky or Weathertech?

Jeremy_K
10-22-2012, 16:37
I'm looking to get some floor liners for my Lincoln MKZ before winter arrives. Are the Husky exact fit floor liners as nice as the Weathertech ones? I have a Weathertech mat for the cargo area of my Yukon and it's top quality. I just noticed that Husky is making vehicle specific floor liners and they're quite a bit cheaper. Just wondering if the quality is there.

BigDeeeeeeee
10-22-2012, 16:49
I like the Weathertechs better. Had them in a Tundra but had to settle for Huskys in my new FJ Cruiser because WT hasn't geared up for the new style tiedowns yet. When they do I'll probably switch.

DeuceRooster
10-22-2012, 16:55
I have no personal experience with the WTs however I have had husky liners in my truck for almost a year now and I am 110% satisfied with them.

Fit is excellent and so is the quality. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

Rocknropes
10-22-2012, 17:23
I've heard nothing but good things about weathertech. Plus they have this huge ad in magazines about how they're American made. I can support that.

ThePhoneGuy
10-22-2012, 19:23
Always used Husky in my trucks. Never a problem. Bought Weathertech for my wifes Traverse. The side by the gas pedal warped so that she was likely to hit the rubber edge and not the gas pedal. I called the distributer. Rep said turn it inside out and leave it in the sun to regain its shape. Looks good but have not reinstalled. Can't believe it will not happen again as it was fine when installed. Will try again. Point is I wanted an answer of "So sorry, we will send a new one". I am not yet satisfied.

hockeyrcks9901
10-22-2012, 19:35
Got weather tech in my wife's suv and I'm very satisfied with them. Got the liner that covers the fold flat third row, in front of the third row, in front of the second row, and in the front seats.

jfost11
10-22-2012, 20:01
I have Husky Liners in two vehicles currently. I read many reviews and heard the same pros and cons for both brands. Personally, I like the look of the Weathertechs better but, I was able to get the Husky Liners through a group buy. The price difference was too much to overlook and the slightly prettier look of the Weathertech couldn't overcome that.

If you spent the money on a Lincoln MKZ, you will probably find the more premium look of the Weathertechs to be a better match for your interior. The Husky looks just fine but, they are a bit plain in comparison. Performance wise, I doubt you'll find any advantages either way.

porschedog
10-22-2012, 20:09
I have weather techs in my Jeep Cherokee, I'm very pleased with them

SMOKEin
10-22-2012, 20:14
Both work well. Buy what looks best for your ride or whatever you can find on sale. I can't imagine you would be disappointed with either.

Cclass
10-22-2012, 20:26
We have Weathertechs in two vehicles and are very happy with them. Never tried Husky so I can't offer a comparison.

Jeremy_K
10-22-2012, 20:44
Thanks for the replies. They pretty much line up with the reviews from the various auto forums I searched. I ordered a set of the Weathertechs for the front for now. Hopefully they don't curl up on me. The one in the cargo area of my Yukon tends to curl in on the edges but it would still contain a spill. I've had the mat for about 5 years and the carpet underneath still looks factory new. I like the look of the WT a little more for the car. We'll see how it goes.

Walk Soft
10-22-2012, 20:46
Being in the Car Wash and Detail business for the last decade,I can tell you when it comes to the floor liners that the Weathertech versions are more porous which makes them harder to clean and more susceptible to stains.Both brands are durable.
I have seen a lot of Weathertech All Weather mats with holes dug in them from high heels.

Kevin108
10-22-2012, 21:02
+1 for the Weathertechs. I've not been impressed by the Huskies in most applications.

dukeguy
10-22-2012, 21:24
I've had WT's in my Mustang for 2 years. Fit like a glove and they look good.

Bushflyr
10-22-2012, 21:34
I haven't tried WT's, but am super satisfied with the Husky's in my Scooby. The upsides to the Huskys are that they are big old Rubbermaid trays. They're tough as hell, nothing soaks in, and nothing spills over. The downside is that they definitely look like Rubbermaid trays. However, my car sees a lot of sand and mud, the Huskys catch it all and are super easy to just dump out and hose off.