Perfected my .300 Blackout Load [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Perfected my .300 Blackout Load

chemcmndr
10-22-2012, 18:18
Well, I think I got my "social occasion" .300 Blackout load figured out.

Used a Barnes TAC-TX 110 grain bullet and 20 grains of H110 at 2.250" OAL. Able to get 2200 fps from a 9" upper receiver and maintain 1/2" groups at 50 yards.

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg639/chemcmndr/Picture094.jpg

Wil Terry
10-23-2012, 09:03
50 yards...?

nitesite10mm
10-23-2012, 18:14
50 yards...?

The 300 AAC Blackout was designed from the beginning to be a short range rifle cartridge. It is a superb option in a Police/LEO role with typical distances very often only 50-yards (or less).

Hoser
10-23-2012, 19:22
My pet load for the 110s is almost the same as yours, only I am using Vhit N-110. It is a little cleaner and much more temp stable.

Wil Terry
10-24-2012, 09:00
The 300 AAC Blackout was designed from the beginning to be a short range rifle cartridge. It is a superb option in a Police/LEO role with typical distances very often only 50-yards (or less).
NO IT WAS NOT !!! IT is a blatant ripoff copy of the 300WHISPER which was designed to take out enemy sentries and such out to 200 meters.
Matter of fact I shot the original 300WHISPER gun in the ORIGINAL 300 WHISPER cartridge and it was NOT on the 221FIREBALL case yet.

m2hmghb
10-24-2012, 11:38
NO IT WAS NOT !!! IT is a blatant ripoff copy of the 300WHISPER which was designed to take out enemy sentries and such out to 200 meters.
Matter of fact I shot the original 300WHISPER gun in the ORIGINAL 300 WHISPER cartridge and it was NOT on the 221FIREBALL case yet.

Did you realize that the reason the whisper couldn't be used is because SAAMI doesn't recognize wildcat cartridges? They developed the blackout so that it could go to SAAMI to have the cartridge studied and the data released to all the manufacturers where as the whisper was proprietary and the chamber from one manufacturer may not be the same as another.

Javelin
10-24-2012, 11:51

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you here.

freakshow10mm
10-24-2012, 23:20
It wasn't a ripoff, it was an improvement and standard based off the design and research done by JD Jones. Credit was given.
Did you realize that the reason the whisper couldn't be used is because SAAMI doesn't recognize wildcat cartridges? They developed the blackout so that it could go to SAAMI to have the cartridge studied and the data released to all the manufacturers where as the whisper was proprietary and the chamber from one manufacturer may not be the same as another.
Correction: trademarked. SAAMI will not recognize trademarked cartridges. Wildcats became SAAMI cartridges because they weren't trademarked. JDJ wanted all the recognition and all the money associated with it because he is arrogant and greedy. Robert Silvers took the development that JDJ did, presented it to the Remington engineers, improved it, and thus the 300 Blackout was born. Silvers had the balls and backing to do what others wanted. What we have now is a SAAMI standard and that is exponentially better than any trademarked wildcat any day of the week. With the Whisper, there was no standardized pressure.
I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you here.
I agree. The 300 Whisper was developed further into the Blackout by a request of a military customer of Remington that wanted a 30 caliber bullet fired from an M16 and the ability to remain subsonic while being suppressed. The military will only issue SAAMI ammunition if it's not a NATO round, so that fueled the development to perfect the 300 Whisper and get it standardized. With AAC's parent company being Remington, a SAAMI member, it was no sweat to get it approved by SAAMI.