Can't get extractor out help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can't get extractor out help

ri.ben
10-22-2012, 20:20
I watched videos of people pushing the striker safety down and the extractor pops out.I pushed and pulled on the thing and only the striker safety came out.The striker won't come free.

ri.ben
10-22-2012, 20:22
i mean extractor.the extractor won't come free.

voyager4520
10-22-2012, 20:53
Some of the newer extractors may be a little tough to get in and out of the slide.

Make sure you've removed the slide cover plate, extractor depressor plunger assembly, and firing pin assembly. Be careful when removing and reinstalling the slide cover plate, when removing the slide cover plate use your thumb to cover the area that it was covering or the spring loaded bearing and extractor depressor plunger spring may go flying. Then depress the firing pin safety into the slide and wiggle the extractor out with your finger on the extractor claw by the breech face.

Here's a video by YouTube's humans4targets2 showing detail strip:
Glock Detail Strip And Reassembly (IN HD) - YouTube

On the following page are some Glock Armorer's Manuals, just scroll down to the "G" section. I learned from the Update Manual and 2009 Manual. The 2009 Manual has a few pages missing, but that info can be found in the Update Manual as well.
http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

ron59
10-23-2012, 08:08
Just keep fiddling with it. It'll drop out.

THEN!!!! You'll try to reassemble and it just won't go. Until, suddenly... it slides in so easy it makes you mad (that it seemed to just go in).

Once it gets worn enough, it'll do either pretty easily, but newer ones CAN be fussy.

kda
10-23-2012, 13:24
Just keep fiddling with it. It'll drop out.

THEN!!!! You'll try to reassemble and it just won't go. Until, suddenly... it slides in so easy it makes you mad (that it seemed to just go in).

Once it gets worn enough, it'll do either pretty easily, but newer ones CAN be fussy.

I agree with this. Seems to be happening with the later builds. After a few detail cleanings, it will start pretty much falling out easily but for the first or second cleanings, I found myself wondering what could possibly be holding it in. Then suddenly, and you won't know why or how, it will fall out in your hand. Just stay with it.

ron59
10-23-2012, 15:42
I agree with this. Seems to be happening with the later builds. After a few detail cleanings, it will start pretty much falling out easily but for the first or second cleanings, I found myself wondering what could possibly be holding it in. Then suddenly, and you won't know why or how, it will fall out in your hand. Just stay with it.

Frustrating, but almost funny at the same time, huh? :rofl:

I was a Harley mechanic for 4 years and consider myself to be pretty "handy" with things. But it sure puzzles me how this works. Won't come out, won't come out.... falls out. Huh?

robhic
10-24-2012, 09:15
When I did a "25 cent trigger job" on my 9mm pistols, I used fine auto rubbing/polishing compound. It worked great with a Q-tip and manual (elbow grease :supergrin:) to do it.

I had the compound on a piece of cardboard and after doing the internal parts, I lightly took the extractor and rubbed both sides over the spot of compound I'd used. It smoothed the extractor and made it a bit more compliant when I've taken the extractor out since.

Just a thought .....