Obama is a condescending idiot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama is a condescending idiot

cowboy1964
10-22-2012, 20:49
Schooling Romney on what aircraft carriers and submarines are. And what do you think protects those carriers and submarines. OTHER SHIPS, in part.

And, bayonets are still used, ya moron.

Snowman92D
10-22-2012, 20:52

"Corpse-men", too. Gotta have them. :whistling:

ModGlock17
10-22-2012, 21:07
Women are generally sensitive toward acts of condescending nature. This is not the time to do it, may be the first debate... if you have to do that.

Mitt was being very hopeful and with positive outlook, reassuring for the country. That will ring well with women.

I think BHO is losing a lot of women voters. Bye bye Ohio and Pennsylvania.

JFrame
10-22-2012, 21:10
"Corpse-men", too. Gotta have them. :whistling:

:rofl::rofl:

QNman
10-22-2012, 21:10
Schooling Romney on what aircraft carriers and submarines are. And what do you think protects those carriers and submarines. OTHER SHIPS, in part.

You assume Obama has some idea of how military works...

And yes - he's a condescending idiot.

Glockenspiel 25
10-22-2012, 21:11
Glockenspiel 25

Laugh it up at my expense, that's fine...I'll have the last laugh on November 4th at approximately 11:05 PM when the lovely Rachel MADDOW announces another 4 year term for Obammie, Osama, Hussein, um whatever else you people derogatorily call him, lol

QNman
10-22-2012, 21:12
Glockenspiel 25

Laugh it up at my expense, that's fine...I'll have the last laugh on November 4th at approximately 11:05 PM when the lovely Rachel MADDOW announces another 4 year term for Obammie, Osama, Hussein, um whatever else you people derogatorily call him, lol

So you know how the "copy" command works... congratulations.

JFrame
10-22-2012, 21:13
Glockenspiel 25

Yes -- I definitely think you should go to the polling station on Nov. 4. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What a freakin' buffoon... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/facepalm.gif

LASTRESORT20
10-22-2012, 21:18
Glockenspiel 25

You seem nervous.....relax....your boy is done......I saved your post.....and will show it to you again soon: :supergrin:

"November 4th at approximately 11:05 PM"

Glockenspiel 25
10-22-2012, 21:34
I may have gotten the date wrong, but alas, I am not running for POTUS...at least my geography is correct...not to mention like I give a rats behind about what a bunch of revisionist, "states rights" (how'd that work out for ya in the 1860's) dill holes say about me on a message board..?

Snowman92D
10-22-2012, 21:37

Oooh, God. No more...please stop it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JFrame
10-22-2012, 21:39

Hey, man -- it's a great American tradition...A little football... A little tail-gating...A little voting afterwards... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

QNman
10-22-2012, 21:40
I may have gotten the date wrong, but alas, I am not running for POTUS...at least my geography is correct...not to mention like I give a rats behind about what a bunch of revisionist, "states rights" (how'd that work out for ya in the 1860's) dill holes say about me on a message board..?

Guam is a territory, not a state. Like the four other territories, Guam has no vote in Presidential races (at least not in the electoral college).

Which geography were you talking about?

"Dill holes"? Getting awfully upset for a guy who doesn't care what we think.

JBnTX
10-22-2012, 21:41

Are you drunk?:rofl:

JFrame
10-22-2012, 21:42
Guam is a territory, not a state. Like the four other territories, Guam has no vote in Presidential races (at least not in the electoral college).

Which geography were you talking about?

"Dill holes"? Getting awfully upset for a guy who doesn't care what we think.

Heh...Methinks s/he doth protest too much... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif

Snowman92D
10-22-2012, 21:44
Oh, man...you're killin' me. :rofl:

Effin' "November 4th at approximately 11:05 PM" :rofl: :rofl:

Gravitas...Hussein's flunkies have gravitas, I tell ya. :rofl:

countrygun
10-22-2012, 21:47
reading the title of this thread, I have one question,

when did Obama get promoted to "Idiot" ?

concretefuzzynuts
10-22-2012, 21:48

And here I've been telling the libs not to forget to vote on Nov 7th.

I've been trumped!

JFrame
10-22-2012, 21:50
reading the title of this thread, I have one question,

when did Obama get promoted to "Idiot" ?

All of the most appropriate terms would show up on this forum as a bunch of "******." :whistling:

amazon
10-22-2012, 21:53
Not to mention he went right past what Romney said - 313 ships are required, we have 280, and that number will continue to fall.

Trew2Life
10-22-2012, 21:57

I'm sure Romney recognized it as a 'schooling' too; with that bewildered look on his face all night.

ksmedman
10-22-2012, 22:05
I'm sure Romney recognized it as a 'schooling' too; with that bewildered look on his face all night.

I'm sure he was just struggling on how exactly to reply to such a schmuck in a manner appropriate to the venue, as opposed to what was called for.

If anyone could get a tea-totalling Mormon to cussing, it would be that jug eared fool...

concretefuzzynuts
10-22-2012, 22:10

As classy and fair as he is trying to be dealing with a desperate, liar in these debates; I'm sure that wasn't a look of bewilderment. More one of sympathy for a struggling looser.

2-8 Marine
10-23-2012, 09:26

I agree, Romney did look bewildered . . . I imagine he was thinking; How did this Moron Obama ever get to be President? :rofl:

Big Mad Dawg
10-23-2012, 09:55
I agree, Romney did look bewildered . . . I imagine he was thinking; How did this Moron Obama ever get to be President? :rofl:

Thatís a question that will haunt us for the rest of history how did the moron ever become president.

The answer stupid voters see Glockenspiel 25.:supergrin:

jeanderson
10-23-2012, 09:59
Yes, he can be condescending, but I think Obama is more accurately described as arrogant. And that will be his undoing.

JFrame
10-23-2012, 10:35
Yes, he can be condescending, but I think Obama is more accurately described as arrogant. And that will be his undoing.

I said "snide" to my wife while we were watching the debate -- but, yes, "arrogant" gets to the core of his character (or the lack thereof).

domin8ss
10-23-2012, 10:36
I'm sure he was just struggling on how exactly to reply to such a schmuck in a manner appropriate to the venue, as opposed to what was called for.

If anyone could get a tea-totalling Mormon to cussing, it would be that jug eared fool...

What do you mean by tea-totalling Mormon? Mormons don't drink tea.

Btw, you spelled totaling wrong.

Skyhook
10-23-2012, 10:44
Not to mention he went right past what Romney said - 313 ships are required, we have 280, and that number will continue to fall.

Good catch.

We do have to try to cut Obama some slack when we deal with numbers. I mean, what was it he 'majored' in during those ghostly years in colleges without names?:dunno:

ModGlock17
10-23-2012, 10:59

On a conversation with one lady today, she saw BHO as a Bully, on that exchange.

That took me by surprise what women can see...

Cavalry Doc
10-23-2012, 11:01
Glockenspiel 25

That's gonna be a neat trick considering the election isn't for another couple of days. Laugh all you want on the 4th.

JFrame
10-23-2012, 11:08
That's gonna be a neat trick considering the election isn't for another couple of days. Laugh all you want on the 4th.

I love it when someone can't even make an "I'll have the last laugh" remark without shoving his head up his own arse. :rofl:

FFR Spyder GT
10-23-2012, 11:30

You're still thinking WWII Era.

A Nimitz Class nuclear powered and armed aircraft carrier doesn't rely on other ships for protection, just support.

An Ohio Class Boomer doesn't need any protection or support ships.

Your true lack of knowledge is showing.

Oh, bayonets?

I've discharged my weapon on 26 different combat ops and I've never used a bayonet. Well, except for one time...... I fixed a bayonet to my M-16 and stabbed it into the ground. There wasn't a tree nearby and I had to take a leak.

QNman
10-23-2012, 11:35

A Nimitz Class nuclear powered and armed aircraft carrier doesn't rely on other ships for protection, just support.

You think Obama won the first debate.

Your lack of credibility is showing.

Goaltender66
10-23-2012, 11:45

You have absolutely no flipping idea what the hell you are talking about.

As per usual.

marchboom
10-23-2012, 12:16
Glockenspiel 25

"November 4th"
A definite reflection of the intelligence of an obama voter.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

countrygun
10-23-2012, 12:20

Oh, bayonets?

I've discharged my weapon on 26 different combat ops and I've never used a bayonet. Well, except for one time...... I fixed a bayonet to my M-16 and stabbed it into the ground. There wasn't a tree nearby and I had to take a leak.

Quoted for posterity

Snowman92D
10-23-2012, 12:48

Most guys simply use the sling on the rifle to get it out of the way so they can use their hands for something. Who'd go to the trouble of fixing a bayonet just to take a whizz, let alone set the gun down unattended where you don't have control over it?

Are you talking about the 26 different "combat ops" on X-Box where you "discharged" your "weapon"...or are you referring to a different "weapon" that you "discharge"? :supergrin:

FFR Spyder GT
10-23-2012, 13:05
Most guys simply use the sling on the rifle to get it out of the way so they can use their hands for something. Who'd go to the trouble of fixing a bayonet just to take a whizz, let alone set the gun down unattended where you don't have control over it?

Are you talking about the 26 different "combat ops" on X-Box where you "discharged" your "weapon"...or are you referring to a different "weapon" that you "discharge"? :supergrin:

It's an old joke about bayonets. You, countrygun and other non-Vets don't get the joke.

I've never played Xbox, I have a Wii. :tongueout:

GAFinch
10-23-2012, 13:15
Even though only Marines are still issued bayonets, there are still twice as many bayonets issued now than in 1916.

FFR Spyder GT
10-23-2012, 13:17
You have absolutely no flipping idea what the hell you are talking about.

As per usual.

Gee, based on what? Your vast knowledge of Nimitz Class aircraft carriers?:rofl::rofl:

Goalie, I'll make a deal with you...........

Prove that you have more first hand knowledge about Nimitz Class aircraft carriers, specifically the USS Nimitz and I'll leave Glock Talk and never return.

At the same time you agree to do the same thing.

Spyder

P.S. Did I ever mention that I did part of a Med Cruise, rode around the Cape of Good Hope ( during the month of June ) and had a berthing compartment on the Nimitz for 1 year, 9 months and 14 days?

series1811
10-23-2012, 13:22

Does Aegis, ring any kind of a bell?

I know everyone keeps asking you this. But, were you even really in the military or government?

Deployment Solu
10-23-2012, 13:22
Yes, he is a con and yes, he will be descending.

countrygun
10-23-2012, 13:27
It's an old joke about bayonets. You, countrygun and other non-Vets don't get the joke.

Hey "Jane Wayne" How is it my best friend, since high school retired recently from a career in Special Forces. Without telling his story that includes South/central America, Kosovo/Sarajevo, three tours in Iraq in two "wars", two tours in A-Stan, and he doesn't even claim discharging his weapons in 26 "operations" to anyone he personally knows,much less on the internet to attempt to bost his "gravitas". He doesn't have to, you just somehow "Know" it about him.

By the way he is a whiz at math and statistics and he knows who won the first debate, but then he has real experience at evaluating things

FFR Spyder GT
10-23-2012, 13:28
You think Obama won the first debate.

Your lack of credibility is showing.

It's a matter of opinion.

I believe, and so do other people, that Romney told too many lies, and wasn't specific enough on his "plans" to give the debate to him.

To myself, a key point/statement was when Obama was talking about Lil' George's tax cuts in 2001 and '03 and his budgets are how we got into the financial mess that we are in today. Romney replied that he could "tweek" it and make it work. Obama said no you cannot, it will still fail.

Another key point was about the tax cut for moving a company overseas. Obama told Romney that he needed a new accountant. During the second debate Obama brought up the same tax break and Romney didn't respond. I guess his new accountant informed him of the tax break. :rofl:

Either Romney was uninformed about the tax break or he just outright lied.

I'm going with the second one.

Stating your opinion is one thing and outright lying is another.

10-23-2012, 13:36
From the http://www.navy.mil/navydata/ships/carriers/powerhouse/cvbg.asp Note, the .mil, please.
The Carrier Strike Group

* a carrier � The carrier provides a wide range of options to the U.S. government from simply showing the flag to attacks on airborne, afloat and ashore targets. Because carriers operate in international waters, its aircraft do not need to secure landing rights on foreign soil. These ships also engage in sustained operations in support of other forces.
* a guided missile cruiser � multi-mission surface combatant. Equipped with Tomahawks for long-range strike capability.
* two guided missile destroyers � multi-mission surface combatants, used primarily for anti-air warfare (AAW)
* an attack submarine � in a direct support role seeking out and destroying hostile surface ships and submarines
* a combined ammunition, oiler, and supply ship � provides logistic support enabling the Navy's forward presence; on station, ready to respond

How does one define "support"?

GAFinch
10-23-2012, 13:39
Another key point was about the tax cut for moving a company overseas. Obama told Romney that he needed a new accountant. During the second debate Obama brought up the same tax break and Romney didn't respond. I guess his new accountant informed him of the tax break. :rofl:

Before you bring that up a third time, you should know that Romney was right on this.

BTW, Romney was also right about his GM op-ed and his assertion that Zero, not Congress, proposed the sequestration.

series1811
10-23-2012, 13:42
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT

Just wait until he googles "Aegis" and finds out what it is. :supergrin:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/systems/aegis-core.htm

Goaltender66
10-23-2012, 13:43
Gee, based on what? Your vast knowledge of Nimitz Class aircraft carriers?:rofl::rofl:

Prove that you have more first hand knowledge about Nimitz Class aircraft carriers, specifically the USS Nimitz and I'll leave Glock Talk and never return.

Spyder

P.S. Did I ever mention that I did part of a Med Cruise, rode around the Cape of Good Hope ( during the month of June ) and had a berthing compartment on the Nimitz for 1 year, 9 months and 14 days?

We've been over this. You making claims on the Internet about your oh-so-vast experience isn't "proof." Furthermore, there's no way to "prove" your claims on the Internet. That's why demands for proof and expectations of same are a waste of time...particularly when you are trying to substitute them for actual clear, fact-based reasoning. In short, nothing you post will dissuade me from my opinion that, at best, your service was in being a wing-wiping REMF.

So that's why I concentrate on logic and facts instead of relying on logical fallacies like an appeal to authority as you do.

That said, it's clear you have no clue about what a carrier strike group is or what role it plays in a deployment.

So, because it's been awhile since I batted you around like a cat does a ping pong ball in an empty room, let's look at your claim:

Simply wrong, and I'll post two reasons right off the top of my head:

1) ASW. A carrier by itself has a pretty impressive battlespace but unfortunately that does not extend very well below the waterline. Sure, carriers have the ability to carry ASW helos but those are only useful for the localized phase of ASW operations. You can't really use a helo to conduct effective area ASW. Vikes were a little better but really all they did was increase the practical localized area...and we don't run Vikes off of carriers any more so they are irrelevant anyway.

So no, carriers make absolutely lousy platforms for ASW. On the other hand, there are a couple of assets that work better. You have destroyers, what with their towed arrays and dedicated roles provide an effective screen for the group, especially for area ASW (plus they are separate, so they can better prosecute contacts), and you have SSNs, which remain stealthy and are the absolute best sub hunter/killers in the world. Both of these exist in the group precisely to protect the carrier.

2) AAW. Carriers are excellent at extending the battlespace over a very large area, but they are very weak when it comes to things like protecting against things like ASMs. Sure, carriers have point defense but those are last resort and, pun intended, hit or miss. The very best way to engage in AAW is to destroy the platform before the missiles are launched. This is called the outer air battle and sure, it can consist of the air group running its normal CAP.

However, the RoE may not permit the OAB to proceed. Whether it's political or simple fog of war stuff, you have to be prepared for the inner air battle as well, and that's ship based. It's why you have guided missile cruisers as part of the group, to provide overlapping defense coverage as well as the ability to create missile traps if need be. In other words, those cruisers are there to...protect the main asset of the group, the carrier.

So sorry that this information doesn't have QUITE the gravitas as allegedly sleeping in a lower decks bunk, but it does refute your idiocy nonetheless.

10-23-2012, 13:51

I believe, and so do other people, that Romney told too many lies, and wasn't specific enough on his "plans" to give the debate to him.
Since day one Obama has never been specific with any of his plans.

To myself, a key point/statement was when Obama was talking about Lil' George's tax cuts in 2001 and '03 and his budgets are how we got into the financial mess that we are in today. Romney replied that he could "tweek" it and make it work. Obama said no you cannot, it will still fail..

15 months after Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee, and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee, the economy had problems in what ares? BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES! Fannie and Freddy, too. BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was Financially risky for the US economy. McCain asked Congress to reform Fannie and Freddie several times too . . . and the Democrats howled every time.

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? Obama.

And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie? Obama.

Also Obama and his Majority controlled house and senate didn't repeal the Bush tax cuts when they had the chance. They knew what raising taxes would do to an already slow econmy.

Why isn't Obama running on his record?

Snowman92D
10-23-2012, 14:01

Bayonets have many uses that don't involve being hung on the end of a rifle...at least in the real world of military fieldcraft where you can't go to your mom's fridge for another drink of kool-aid. From prying open a crate, to putting the finishing touches on a grenade sump, to probing for explosive wiring , a bayonet is used daily...except on Wii, of course.

JFrame
10-23-2012, 14:11
Bayonets have many uses that don't involve being hung on the end of a rifle...at least in the real world of military fieldcraft where you can't go to your mom's fridge for another drink of kool-aid. From prying open a crate, to putting the finishing touches on a grenade sump, to probing for explosive wiring , a bayonet is used daily...except on Wii, of course.

NOW you've done it...He's going to tell everybody again how he served 12 tours of duty in Lowerupperstan, was wounded twice in the ganglia, achieved proficiency in piloting the F-78 Top Cat while serving with the Navy Seabiscuits, and was awarded the Legion of Croix de Menthe from the grateful Duke of Earl...

Of course, we've come to the inescapable conclusion that everything he has said thus far is utter bull spit.

series1811
10-23-2012, 14:35
[B]
Of course, we've come to the inescapable conclusion that everything he has said thus far is utter bull spit.

Pretty much. He's strayed into several posters' lanes, where the BS detectors were jumping all over the place.

Snowman92D
10-23-2012, 14:52
...and was awarded the Legion of Croix de Menthe...

Did you mean the Croix de Meth...? :whistling:

Skyhook
10-23-2012, 15:00
.[/SIZE]

....and, if we ever take away his 'secret weapon' the :rofl:
he/she would simply vaporize.

JFrame
10-23-2012, 15:03
Did you mean the Croix de Meth...? :whistling:

Ha -- first the menthe, then the meth... :rofl:

Trew2Life
10-23-2012, 15:24

As classy and fair as he is trying to be dealing with a desperate, liar in these debates; I'm sure that wasn't a look of bewilderment. More one of sympathy for a struggling looser.

Schmuck, Fool, desparate, liar, looser, moron. All of the outstanding qualities Mitt Romney likes to agree with on foreign policy and national affairs positions!

:tongueout:

QNman
10-23-2012, 16:42

To myself, a key point/statement was when Obama was talking about Lil' George's tax cuts in 2001 and '03 and his budgets are how we got into the financial mess that we are in today. Romney replied that he could "tweek" it and make it work. Obama said no you cannot, it will still fail.

Anyone who thought Obama won the first one is so far in the tank, they're touching the bottom. Calling points of disagreements "lies" doesn't make you right, just petty and trite.

Kablam
10-23-2012, 17:04

Oh, bayonets?

I'm not saying I'm an expert here, but I actrually did spend some 10 years on SSNs and Ohio Class boomers. I really think in this case you are just a friggin' liar. You and O really don't know what the eff you're talking about.

countrygun
10-23-2012, 17:14
I'm not saying I'm an expert here, but I actrually did spend some 10 years on SSNs and Ohio Class boomers. I really think in this case you are just a friggin' liar. You and O really don't know what the eff you're talking about.

And yet another case of Spyder getting his tail caught in a lie by someone with actual experience. as fast as he can lie he runs into someone who can call him on it.

Now he is going to run upstairs and tell mommy that the people on the internet are so mean.

Jay9928
10-23-2012, 17:36
http://www.hillarybost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/obamaDumb-300x300.jpg (http://www.hillarybost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/obamaDumb.jpg)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/27397963.jpg (http://memegenerator.net/instance/27397963?urlName=Obama-Dumb&browsingOrder=New&browsingTimeSpan=AllTime)

Trew2Life
10-23-2012, 17:36
Reminds me of a 80s sci-fi flick, The Final Countdown, staring Kirk Douglass and Martin Sheen in which the USS Nimitz is propelled back in time to right before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

:rofl:1980s Hollywood had a better understanding of modern military capabilities than present day Romney.

concretefuzzynuts
10-23-2012, 17:44
Reminds me of a 80s sci-fi flick, The Final Countdown, staring Kirk Douglass and Martin Sheen in which the USS Nimitz is propelled back in time to right before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

:rofl:1980s Hollywood had a better understanding of modern military capabilities than present day Romney.

I know you are smarter than this post. You and I have debated before and I think you are more level headed than to equate Romney's politics to a B-grade movie.

I have been trying to be respectful of your dislike of being called a troll but posts like this one of yours make it difficult not to do so.

Jay9928
10-23-2012, 17:46
I figured he was too young to even remember that movie. And, it is Douglas. ONE S. Yeah, I know LOL

countrygun
10-23-2012, 17:50

Lt me guess, Obama knew so much about the Navy when he was elected because of Illinois close proximity to so many Naval bases?

JFrame
10-23-2012, 18:06
Lt me guess, Obama knew so much about the Navy when he was elected because of Illinois close proximity to so many Naval bases?

Don't forget -- he spent part of his childhood in Hawaii, surrounded by water -- and it had the added bonus of boosting his foreign expertise, since it's part of Asia... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/facepalm.gif

Cavalry Doc
10-23-2012, 18:20

Libs always want to go back in time. Too bad. Time marches on.

You do know that the Military still has horses and bayonets, don't you?

Neither of these guys has military experience. I'd expect that Romney will catch on quicker than Barry did. Probably make sure that foreign consulate requests for security get high level scrutiny too.

Corpse-man... :rofl: really?

Skyhook
10-24-2012, 05:44

But, you see, it didn't and doesn't matter... Obama, in the eyes of the faithful, is god-like, omnipotent, and all-knowing while guys like Romney, you & me, are just, well, you know-- human.

GAFinch
10-24-2012, 08:44
But, you see, it didn't and doesn't matter... Obama, in the eyes of the faithful, is god-like, omnipotent, and all-knowing while guys like Romney, you & me, are just, well, you know-- human.

No, not just human, but lead paint-eating, moonshine-addled hicks who are too dumb to understand the complexities of highly-evolved liberalism. The liberal elites think the same about black and brown people, but at least they're smart enough to see that government assistance programs are better than private charities run by those ignorant religious fools. If we disagree with a liberal's argument, it's only because we're incapable of understanding what he's saying.

series1811
10-24-2012, 08:54

Really? How many bayonets are inventored in the Army and Marines right now versus how many they had in 1916. A news reporter put the numbers out this morning.

Take a guess as to whether the military has more or less bayonets now, or in 1916.

And, just to humor us, tell us what the whole point of that movie was, if you got it, as it pertained to Naval power in the 80's versus the 40's?

Again, if you got it.

series1811
10-24-2012, 08:59

He stepped off into it this time. He's been on thin ice a lot. He got off into one of my lanes one time, and had me really about to say something. It was pretty obvious he was repeating stories because he had combined a couple of jobs into one, that would have been done by two different agencies in his one of his exciting personal histories.

The aircraft carrier tour, unless he was the guy cleaing the toilets, doesn't make any sense. He darn sure never went into CIC, (or even knew they had one on board). :supergrin:

FFR Spyder GT
10-24-2012, 09:28
We've been over this. You making claims on the Internet about your oh-so-vast experience isn't "proof." Furthermore, there's no way to "prove" your claims on the Internet. That's why demands for proof and expectations of same are a waste of time...particularly when you are trying to substitute them for actual clear, fact-based reasoning. In short, nothing you post will dissuade me from my opinion that, at best, your service was in being a wing-wiping REMF.

So that's why I concentrate on logic and facts instead of relying on logical fallacies like an appeal to authority as you do.

That said, it's clear you have no clue about what a carrier strike group is or what role it plays in a deployment.

So, because it's been awhile since I batted you around like a cat does a ping pong ball in an empty room, let's look at your claim:

Simply wrong, and I'll post two reasons right off the top of my head:

1) ASW. A carrier by itself has a pretty impressive battlespace but unfortunately that does not extend very well below the waterline. Sure, carriers have the ability to carry ASW helos but those are only useful for the localized phase of ASW operations. You can't really use a helo to conduct effective area ASW. Vikes were a little better but really all they did was increase the practical localized area...and we don't run Vikes off of carriers any more so they are irrelevant anyway.

So no, carriers make absolutely lousy platforms for ASW. On the other hand, there are a couple of assets that work better. You have destroyers, what with their towed arrays and dedicated roles provide an effective screen for the group, especially for area ASW (plus they are separate, so they can better prosecute contacts), and you have SSNs, which remain stealthy and are the absolute best sub hunter/killers in the world. Both of these exist in the group precisely to protect the carrier.

2) AAW. Carriers are excellent at extending the battlespace over a very large area, but they are very weak when it comes to things like protecting against things like ASMs. Sure, carriers have point defense but those are last resort and, pun intended, hit or miss. The very best way to engage in AAW is to destroy the platform before the missiles are launched. This is called the outer air battle and sure, it can consist of the air group running its normal CAP.

However, the RoE may not permit the OAB to proceed. Whether it's political or simple fog of war stuff, you have to be prepared for the inner air battle as well, and that's ship based. It's why you have guided missile cruisers as part of the group, to provide overlapping defense coverage as well as the ability to create missile traps if need be. In other words, those cruisers are there to...protect the main asset of the group, the carrier.

So sorry that this information doesn't have QUITE the gravitas as allegedly sleeping in a lower decks bunk, but it does refute your idiocy nonetheless.

Goalie,

You are 100% wrong. You're still thinking WWII Era.

Actually my rack was on the 2nd deck. Only the airwing had upper deck berthing. Not counting the Capt., XO and maybe a few other officers.

You might want to find a better source of info.

So, according to your VAST Naval Surface Warfare training ( you have been to SW training, right?) that a Nimitz Class nuclear powered aircraft carrier that is armed with over 100 combat aircraft and helos with nuclear weapons (including anti-sub weapons) onboard is a sitting duck?

You might want to check into a different SW training program.

See ya'. :wavey:

Spyder

P.S. You mentioned that no one can prove anything on the 'Net and that's not entirely true.

I got to thinking ( yes, it did hurt!), I have my entire military record in my c-file that I got through my former US Congressman Vic Synder. In my c-file is a copy of my DD214 ( that's my military discharge papers for the non-Vets ) and since my "official" duty assignment was the USS Nimitz it is listed as my previous duty assignment.

I'm sure there are enough Veterans on GT that they can vouch that my DD214 is real.

When I get home this evening I will take a picture of it with my iPhone and post it in this thread. It will be an unaltered copy with post it notes over items like my full name, SSN, etc.

How's that for proof?

series1811
10-24-2012, 09:31
Goalie,

Actually my rack was on the 2nd deck. Only the airwing had upper deck berthing. Not counting the Capt., XO and maybe a few other officers.

So, according to your VAST Naval Surface Warfare training ( you have been to SW training, right?) that a Nimitz Class nuclear powered aircraft carrier that is armed with over 100 combat aircraft and helos with nuclear weapons (including anti-sub weapons) onboard is a sitting duck?

Spyder

The Navy sure blew a lot of money on Aegis. If only they had checked with you, first. :supergrin:

Goaltender66
10-24-2012, 10:27
Goalie,

Spyder

You know what I smell in your posts? I mean, besides horse***?

The distinct whiff of a desperate wish fulfillment fantasy.

I don't believe for a second any of the stuff you trot out in general, let alone this thread. You implied that you were deployed with the Nimitz for a year and nine months, when deployments don't actually last that long (8 months is the mean). You implied you were on board the Nimitz in June of some unspecified year when she rounded the Cape of Good Hope when she actually went round the Cape in January of 1980. Quite frankly, the only way I believe you were assigned a compartment on the Nimitz is when you were painting it during a refit.

Now then, the absolute reality is that the ASW capabilities of an aircraft carrier are pretty darned close to nil. Sure it can launch helos, but again that only helps you when you are in the localized phase. For area ASW helos are ineffective. The carrier can be loaded to the gills with torpedoes, but they don't do you very much good when you don't know where to launch them.

And modern subs are very good at sneaking up on big targets with no area ASW capabilities...like Nimitz-class aircraft carriers.

Hell, you're accusing me of being trapped in WWII thinking but it's obvious you've given no thought to any of this beyond the superficial. For example, naval warfare is missile based now (surprise!), and those missiles can come from an awfully long way away in great numbers at a terrific rate of speed. A carrier simply cannot defend itself well against such an attack, and you are simply incorrect to think it can.

So no, it's plain that you're flat wrong and, as usual, are talking out of your butt as part of some kind of Mary Sue fantasy you have going on. Carriers have guided missile cruisers, destroyers, and SSNs as part of their strike groups precisely to protect the carrier from threats it can't adequately address.

Goaltender66
10-24-2012, 10:29
P.S. You mentioned that no one can prove anything on the 'Net and that's not entirely true.

I got to thinking ( yes, it did hurt!), I have my entire military record in my c-file that I got through my former US Congressman Vic Synder. In my c-file is a copy of my DD214 ( that's my military discharge papers for the non-Vets ) and since my "official" duty assignment was the USS Nimitz it is listed as my previous duty assignment.

I'm sure there are enough Veterans on GT that they can vouch that my DD214 is real.

When I get home this evening I will take a picture of it with my iPhone and post it in this thread. It will be an unaltered copy with post it notes over items like my full name, SSN, etc.

How's that for proof?
And how do I know it's yours? :whistling:

See what I mean?

Frankly, your posts are rebuttal enough by showing that you don't know half of what you represent you know, and the other half you are wrong about anyway. :)

That said, you seem very desperate that I believe you. I wonder why that is.....?

Kablam
10-24-2012, 11:56
Goalie,

Spyder

A carrier without its battle group IS a sitting duck for a modern submarine without SSN pickets. You should stop arguing this, because you are just flat out wrong. I don't know what your job on the Nimitz was, but it obviously had nothing to do with SW. An aircraft carrier projects its offensive abilities with aircraft and relies on the battle group for protection from missiles and submarines, period. Why do you insist on arguing that point? Remember the old saying, and it is as true today as it ever was: There are two kinds of ships in the navy...submarines and targets.

JFrame
10-24-2012, 12:06
Y'know -- Spyder reminds me of the obnoxious jerk/pest in high school who would get jammed into a gym locker by the jocks. When they finally let him out, he would scream, "You think you're so tough?!" -- whereupon he would be reinserted into the locker for another cooling off period... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/facepalm.gif

series1811
10-24-2012, 12:27
You know what I smell in your posts? I mean, besides horse***?

The distinct whiff of a desperate wish fulfillment fantasy.

I don't believe for a second any of the stuff you trot out in general, let alone this thread. You implied that you were deployed with the Nimitz for a year and nine months, when deployments don't actually last that long (8 months is the mean). You implied you were on board the Nimitz in June of some unspecified year when she rounded the Cape of Good Hope when she actually went round the Cape in January of 1980. Quite frankly, the only way I believe you were assigned a compartment on the Nimitz is when you were painting it during a refit.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4886621262315897&pid=15.1

The ones that made by BS meter go off were the ones about all the James Bond weapons he used on a South American drug enforcement assignment for the government.

Bigpoppie50
10-24-2012, 12:28
Really

kensb2
10-24-2012, 12:46
Why do Naval personnel have to get their DD214 through their Congressmen? That seems terribly inefficient. I'm glad I'm in the Army I guess. Even decades ago, the Army had a centralized storage facility for requesting copies of service records (paper vs. digital). What time frame were you in the Navy, Spyder?

Kablam
10-24-2012, 12:56
Why do Naval personnel have to get their DD214 through their Congressmen? That seems terribly inefficient. I'm glad I'm in the Army I guess. Even decades ago, the Army had a centralized storage facility for requesting copies of service records (paper vs. digital). What time frame were you in the Navy, Spyder?

That's a good question. When I got out of the Navy, I was given my DD214 which I registered with my county clerk. I can get certified copies from the county clerk I believe, and I have a copy. Need it for things like VA mertgages. Spyder was cool becasue he was on the Nimitz AND he was a double ought spy who killed 26 people in his sailor career (or some such nonsense). Wonder what his NEC was. 007?

FFR Spyder GT
10-24-2012, 13:35
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4886621262315897&pid=15.1

The ones that made by BS meter go off were the ones about all the James Bond weapons he used on a South American drug enforcement assignment for the government.

What James Bond weapons were those?

Beretta 93R? That was Mack Bolin "The Executioner" not James Bond.

So what type of weapons are used South American drug enforcement assignment for the government? A Savage bolt-action .270 and a Llama .45acp?

Spyder

FFR Spyder GT
10-24-2012, 13:44

Reread my post slooooowly you you can understand it better.

I lost all of my records years ago. I had everything stored at my sister's house while I was overseas. She went through a divorce and my records were lost. I requested a copy from St Louis and only got a couple of crappy photocopies.

Since I'm a Disabled Combat Veteran I requested a copy of my c-file from the VA which refused for an unstated reason so I went to my US Congressman for a copy of everything.

That's why my US Congressman had to get a copy of my SMR and SPR.

4 years in the Air Force. Got out. Then 3 years in the Navy. All back in the '80s.

10-24-2012, 14:05

Oh, bayonets?

I lost all of my records years ago. I had everything stored at my sister's house while I was overseas. She went through a divorce and my records were lost. I requested a copy from St Louis and only got a couple of crappy photocopies.

Since I'm a Disabled Combat Veteran I requested a copy of my c-file from the VA which refused for an unstated reason so I went to my US Congressman for a copy of everything.

4 years in the Air Force. Got out. Then 3 years in the Navy. All back in the '80s.

Since you made the claim of being a combat vet of 26 different combat ops, what were they and what countries were they in?

FFR Spyder GT
10-24-2012, 14:33
. Spyder was cool becasue he was on the Nimitz AND he was a double ought spy who killed 26 people in his sailor career (or some such nonsense). Wonder what his NEC was. 007?

Where have I stated that I killed 26 people?

FFR Spyder GT
10-24-2012, 14:35
Y'know -- Spyder reminds me of the obnoxious jerk/pest in high school who would get jammed into a gym locker by the jocks. When they finally let him out, he would scream, "You think you're so tough?!" -- whereupon he would be reinserted into the locker for another cooling off period... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/facepalm.gif

Nope. I was the guy that helped you out of your locker then I gave the jock that put you in the locker a wedgie.

Boy, the more I read these post the more I believe that 90% on the members on GTPI are +40yo SWMs that still live with their Moms.

So many have the "I've never done anything in my entire life so that means you haven't either."

Most remind me of a 57yo man that I know. I always kid with him about the fact that he still lives with his Mom. A few days ago I was ribbing him about it and he proudly proclaimed "I do NOT live with my Mom!"

Me "Really? Did you move out and get your own place?"

Momma's Boy "No, I had to put my Mom in a nursing home."

Spyder

Kablam
10-24-2012, 14:42
Where have I stated that I killed 26 people?

A little hyperbole there...26 times you did something with a gun while you were a spy. You know what hyperbole is correct? Don't confuse it with lying though.

JFrame
10-24-2012, 14:49
Nope. I was

To all on GTPI -- at this point, I confess to you that I am, in fact, the emperor of Zardoz. Unfortunately, my trans-dimensional warp converter was destroyed in a flood sink-hole earthquake, so I'm not actually able to prove it. But if you PM me, I will send you a rather accurate artist's rendition, done in a 64-color crayola set, of my royal signet ring and palatial estate that I, sadly, can never revisit.

Please treat me as you always have...If you are so inclined, you are permitted to add "Your Highness" after the usual "J" -- but I truly do not hold to protocol any longer. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/rpg/king2.gif

AnimalK
10-24-2012, 16:43
I played "Battleship" when I was nine. Due to my vast (and early) Navel Warfare experience I now wish to be known as Lieutenant-Vice-Brigadier-Admiral Chester "Poodlepants" Halsey-Numbnutz, III. (Ret[arded])...

Big Mad Dawg
10-25-2012, 01:03
Nope. I was the guy that helped you out of your locker then I gave the jock that put you in the locker a wedgie.

Boy, the more I read these post the more I believe that 90% on the members on GTPI are +40yo SWMs that still live with their Moms.
Spyder

Some sage advice, when you are in over your head donít let your pride force you to keep digging. It makes you look weak and although amusing it is also embarrassing.

If you were an operator then you have nothing to prove if not nothing you do will prove anything to any of us.

kirgi08
10-25-2012, 01:31
:animlol:

marvin
10-25-2012, 02:39
You know I admit that I wasnít in the navy, but all this talk about carriers and subís makes me wonder. Arenít most of the ships out patrolling the seaís looking out for the interest of u.s shipping, rescuing folks, looking for drugs and atomic bomb, and cat's with flee's:upeyes:

Snowman92D
10-25-2012, 06:27
I lost all of my records years ago. I had everything stored at my sister's house while I was overseas. She went through a divorce and my records were lost.

I bet the dog ate your original DD-214 like he ate your homework while you were in school. :whistling:

You forgot to say there was a fire at the military records repository in St. Louis and your file with the Navy Cross and four Purple Hearts was one of the ones that was burned up. Or have you already used that story elsewhere...?

That's the problem with lying. You have to keep your lies straight. It's easy to see why Hussein is your hero. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Goaltender66
10-25-2012, 07:43
http://i.qkme.me/35c0ws.jpg

rgregoryb
10-25-2012, 07:54
007 spyder.................:rofl::rofl::rofl:

more like a tail gunner on a Greek gunboat. But he does have video proof.....ever see "Cabin Boy"

Snowman92D
10-25-2012, 08:16
Are U.S. military vet posers the biggest slimeballs...?

Chuck TX
10-25-2012, 08:37

So many have the "I've never done anything in my entire life so that means you haven't either."

Most remind me of a 57yo man that I know. I always kid with him about the fact that he still lives with his Mom.A few days ago I was ribbing him about it and he proudly proclaimed "I do NOT live with my Mom!"

Me "Really? Did you move out and get your own place?"

Momma's Boy "No, I had to put my Mom in a nursing home."

Spyder

So you're 57. :rofl:

FFR Spyder GT
10-25-2012, 08:44
Are U.S. military vet posers the biggest slimeballs...?

You can check my post and you will find where I've posted pictures of my VA ID card and my Disabled American Veteran license plate.

Here's one of my DD214......

Deleted

Here's one on my DAV license plate.......

Deleted

I not a spy and have never claimed to be one.

I was a hillbilly farmboy from Arkansas that was fairly good with gun.

Uncle Sam told me where to go and what to do.

Pretty simple.

The ones that had a knack for it got used and the ones that didn't got washed out.

Others never left their Mom's basement.

Spyder

rgregoryb
10-25-2012, 08:47
poor dog, living with a democrat..............hmmm could be Obama's next meal

FFR Spyder GT
10-25-2012, 08:52
Since you made the claim of being a combat vet of 26 different combat ops, what were they and what countries were they in?

War against Reagan's Evil Empire.

Honduras, Costa Rica, Nicaragua. Remember the Contras?

War On Drugs. Hong Kong, Saudia, UAE, Oman, Quatar and P.I.
which had to do with the opium trade. Peru, the coke trade.

Spyder

P.S. Ooops! I forgot Turkey and Eygpt.

JFrame
10-25-2012, 08:54
I believe the last time someone sought affirmation from a group of anonymous people on the Internet so desperately and pathetically, it was he-whose-name-shall-never-be-mentioned.

Clearly some odd quirk inherent to the leftist mind...

Drjones
10-25-2012, 08:58
Obama is a condescending idiot.

I've been saying that since the first time I ever heard him speak.

I cannot adequately express in words how utterly, painfully obvious it has been to me for the past 5 years he's been on the national stage. His arrogance seethes, oozes and gushes out of him. It's as flat obvious as his skin color and anyone who cannot see it or does not acknowlege it is truly too stupid to live.

Honestly, anyone who says anything positive about 0's "personality" or "oratory skills" would absolutely, 100% worship hitler - it's that bad.

0 could personally kick one of his worshippers right in the face and they'd instantly turn around and say, "my, what an eloquent speaker! He's so charming!"

It is terrifying to me.

Goaltender66
10-25-2012, 09:17
I believe the last time someone sought affirmation from a group of anonymous people on the Internet so desperately and pathetically, it was he-whose-name-shall-never-be-mentioned.

Maybe related to the quirk that leads them to logical fallacies...like pretending that a picture of a heavily-redacted-and-irrelevant form along with a picture of a dog somehow supports an argument that the complementary ships and boats in a strike group are somehow unecessary. :whistling:

series1811
10-25-2012, 09:20

Spyder

Yep, can't get more specific than that. :whistling:

Why is it that nobody who was in the military worked in the motor pool, or was an admin clerk, or was anything but a Ranger/SEAL/000 spy?

Everywhere I go I run into them. I was in a bar the other night, and the next thing I know, the guy at the end is telling me he just got back from a country he couldn't name, because he was a Marine with a secret MOS. He walked out after I started laughing and fifteen minutes later, a guy I know who really was in the Marines, as a Scout Sniper (and has it tattoed on his chest) who I used to work with, walked in. I told him, you just missed one of your buddies and told him the story. It was probably for the best they missed each other.

A week after the Obama bin Laden raid, I was standing at a counter at a hardware store and a scrawny looking guy, who looked like he had never worked out a day in his life, came in wearing a SEAL tee-shirt. The clerk asked him if he really were a SEAL and skinny looked around, and said, "Yeah, for a long time, but don't tell anybody. (No crap, don't tell anybody. We have a SEAL training facility about twenty miles from there and one of them might hear you say that.)

I ran across a guy on Facebook who was the worst pathological liar I knew in high school, that I had understandably lost touch with. He had on his Facebook that he was a disabled military veteran. I asked another friend from high school, "When did EK get in the military and get disabled?" and he just laughed. He said, 'don't you remember what he was like in high school?' He wasn't in the military.

It's endemic. :dunno:

JFrame
10-25-2012, 09:20
Maybe related to the quirk that leads them to logical fallacies...like pretending that a picture of a heavily-redacted-and-irrelevant form along with a picture of a dog somehow supports an argument that the complementary ships and boats in a strike group are somehow unecessary. :whistling:

Yes -- perhaps that also...

Snowman92D
10-25-2012, 09:23
You can check my post and you will find where I've posted pictures of my VA ID card and my Disabled American Veteran license plate.

After all the BS you've posted so far in this thread...and you expect everyone to swallow more BS? Why don't you post a copy of the police report (suitably redacted, of course) of when your Navy Cross...personally autographed by Prez Obama...and your four Purple Hearts were, uh, stolen from your cousin's house. :rofl:

I was a hillbilly farmboy from Arkansas that was good with gun.

Pretty simple.

The ones that had a knack for it got used...and the ones that didn't got washed out.

Ooooh my God. Wow...just wow. These must be the opening lines for the intro for your soon-to-be-published memoirs, recounting how you savaged America's enemies from frozen mountain peaks to the green hell of steamy jungles worldwide. Alone, unappreciated, scorned by lesser men. :crying:

If this spoiler is any indication of your testosterone-laden, spine-tingling deeds of derring-do that will make us all want to stand up and cheer, then you've got Marcinko's Red Cell and (your personal hero) Mack Bolan beat. Can't wait to hear the blood-and-swash of your 26 single-handed combat assaults.
:rofl:

JFrame
10-25-2012, 09:26
The offer still stands -- PM me, and I'll send you a fairly accurate reproduction, in 64-color crayola, of my signet ring and palatial estate from when I was emperor of Zardoz...Unless my cat shredded the pics...I haven't checked lately...

GAFinch
10-25-2012, 10:48
With the advent of the public libraries, used bookstores, discounted books from Amazon, online articles, and internet forums, someone doesn't have to be one of the privileged few from the military, academic, or business worlds to have a good grasp on politics and the world. As such, there's no need for someone to overstate his background. I could care less whether he's a veteran, cook, painter, EMT, business owner, store clerk, student, conservative, liberal, libertarian, Christian, Jew, Muslim, atheist, white, black, brown, whatever...unless he's needlessly lying about it. Someone's argument is frequently more useful when it's in context of their cultural upbringing and previous arguments. A series of lesser arguments that demonstrates credibility is better for your cause than an occasional great argument.

JFrame
10-25-2012, 11:03
With the advent of the public libraries, used bookstores, discounted books from Amazon, online articles, and internet forums, someone doesn't have to be one of the privileged few from the military, academic, or business worlds to have a good grasp on politics and the world. As such, there's no need for someone to overstate his background.

...Yet leftists continually feel compelled to bolster their arguments by citing purported real-world experiences. Cases in point before this current version of Baron Von Munchausen were routerman, who professed to being a physics genius with advanced degrees from Stanford and M.I.T. -- until an actual physicist on this forum posed a physics problem for him to solve, and routerman was never heard from again in that screen name; or Winston Smith, who in the course of a discussion on renewable energy, professed to be building a windmill farm which would supply all his energy needs, with the residual energy being sold back to his local community... :upeyes:

Heck -- for that matter, look at pretty much any debate between Paul Krugman and a real economist... :whistling:

Why do leftists feel compelled to create these fanciful versions of themselves? Probably because they have no intellectual capital with which to hold a legitimate discussion, and have to fall back on bull spit in a futile effort to try and generate a facade of credibility.

Chuck TX
10-25-2012, 11:07
A little hyperbole there...26 times you did something with a gun while you were a spy. You know what hyperbole is correct? Don't confuse it with lying though.

26? That ain't impressive. I have deployed and discharged my firearms 100's, if not 1000's, of times during govt sanctioned kills.

And that's excluding migratory fowl. :whistling: :rofl:

FFR Spyder GT
10-25-2012, 12:09

Goalie,

Just go back to your Mom's basement and everything will be ok.

michael_b
10-25-2012, 12:14
The offer still stands -- PM me, and I'll send you a fairly accurate reproduction, in 64-color crayola, of my signet ring and palatial estate from when I was emperor of Zardoz...Unless my cat shredded the pics...I haven't checked lately....

http://liztellsfrank.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/zardoz.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8333/8122786722_cca69a2c65.jpg

What a crazy thread. :rofl:

What I've learned so far: Nothing.

Wow.

-60+ plus years of Aircraft carrier tactics are no longer needed? WOW.... makes me wonder what all those other ships were for when i was on CVN 75....( as a civilian ). Guess they were for show.

-Mack Bolan backlash. Don't diss Mack Bolan - Don Pendleton's original novels were quite entertaining.

-Obama doesn't know SQUAT about the military or militray history other than bayonets and horses have and are used. I seriously doubt that man has EVER read any military history on his own. No Rise and Fall of the Third Reich(wait, the are following the first 10 chapters or so...)......

I wonder how he got through college without taking any history classes.

Oh, and I agree, President Obama comes across as condescending and arrogant constantly.

countrygun
10-25-2012, 12:20
Goalie,

Just get OUT of your Mom's basement and you will discover the real world.

Goaltender66
10-25-2012, 12:32
Goalie,

Your attempt at diversion is noted for what it is...a desperate attempt to wiggle out of your stupid argument. Post all the strange pictures you want...still doesn't change the plan fact that the components of the strike force are there to protect the carrier.

Nothing you've posted give you any gravitas, or somehow makes your dumb argument true. If anything, it's shown you to be a vain, petty man.

Assuming that's a genuine form or even your form (either of which are a game-killing assumption, btw...), the only thing you're showing is that while the grownups were driving the ship you weren't paying attention.

Although...based on your behavior on GT I don't believe you're 90% of what you say you are.

10-25-2012, 12:49

Oh, bayonets?

Spyder

Spyder

In seven years of service, including 1 year and 9.5 months on the Nimitz, you discharged your weapon on 26 combat missions in a dozen different countries all over the world. Wow! All that in a short amount of time. Not a whole lot of time for training or anything else.

Goaltender66
10-25-2012, 12:54
In seven years of service, including 1 year and 9.5 months on the Nimitz, you discharged your weapon on 26 combat missions in a dozen different countries all over the world. Wow! All that in a short amount of time. Not a whole lot of time for training or anything else.

:supergrin:

In another thread someone suggested Spyder read the DSM IV.

I'm thinking this for him instead:

http://pulsecomposers.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/04/math_is_hard.jpg

Skyhook
10-25-2012, 12:55

You know, I really, really suspect Obama hisself (complete with teleprompters) is posing here as some 8-legged venomous creature. :cool:

JFrame
10-25-2012, 14:11
Although...based on your behavior on GT I don't believe you're 90% of what you say you are.

Good heavens, man -- why so generous??? :dunno:

Based on the absurd posturing of this poser, I suspect it isn't even male -- my guess is it's a female trying to act like how it perceives a man would behave. Of course, given the wrong chromosomes, it is wildly off base and comes across antic, affected, and contrived.

JFrame
10-25-2012, 14:13
You know, I really, really suspect Obama hisself (complete with teleprompters) is posing here as some 8-legged venomous creature. :cool:

New conjecture -- see my post immediately below yours... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/remake/cool.gif

countrygun
10-25-2012, 14:32
Good heavens, man -- why so generous??? :dunno:

Based on the absurd posturing of this poser, I suspect it isn't even male -- my guess is it's a female trying to act like how it perceives a man would behave. Of course, given the wrong chromosomes, it is wildly off base and comes across antic, affected, and contrived.

There is a certain pattern of "crankiness" every 28 days.

JFrame
10-25-2012, 14:46
There is a certain pattern of "crankiness" every 28 days.

Hmmm...Good catch...

Snowman92D
10-25-2012, 17:52
I've been saying that since the first time I ever heard him speak.

I cannot adequately express in words how utterly, painfully obvious it has been to me for the past 5 years he's been on the national stage. His arrogance seethes, oozes and gushes out of him.

Honestly, anyone who says anything positive about 0's "personality" or "oratory skills" would absolutely, 100% worship hitler - it's that bad.

0 could personally kick one of his worshippers right in the face and they'd instantly turn around and say, "my, what an eloquent speaker! He's so charming!".

I hear ya. Obama is the real "bull****ter" in this contest:

Just when you thought President Obama couldn’t stoop any lower, here he goes again. In an interview with Rolling Stone (yet another hard-hitting media outlet for President Hip-Hop) he said this about Mitt Romney: ”Kids have good instincts. They look at the other guy and say, ‘Well, that’s a bull****ter, I can tell.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-to-rolling-stone-romneys-a-bull****ter/article/2511696

kirgi08
10-25-2012, 23:01
Unreal,I go of ta work and it gets worse.'08. :faint:

series1811
10-26-2012, 06:52

Some people are so obviously talented when they enlist, that the military doesn't bother to train them. It just starts sending them to hotspots and lets them immediately start saving the world.

And, on the other point of liberals constantly being caught padding their resumes. It's easy to see why. When your argument doesn't make sense on its face, you need to be able to pin (non-existent, but impressive) credentials onto it.

Snowman92D
10-26-2012, 07:32
Some people are so obviously talented when they enlist, that the military doesn't bother to train them. It just starts sending them to hotspots and lets them immediately start saving the world.

True dat. Some individuals just have that "knack" and, as much as the rest of us admire and envy Spyder, it is a curse to have his special skills...that invisible 'Mark of Cain'...especially once Uncle Sugar finds out about it. Every time he tries to get out...they keep pulling him back in.

As Spyder humbly noted:

Pretty simple.

The ones that had a knack for it got used...and the ones that didn't got washed out. :rofl:

series1811
10-26-2012, 07:55
True dat. Some individuals just have that "knack" and, as much as the rest of us admire and envy Spyder, it is a curse to have his special skills...that invisible 'Mark of Cain'...especially once Uncle Sugar finds out about it. Every time he tries to get out...they keep pulling him back in.

As Spyder humbly noted:

Pretty simple.

The ones that had a knack for it got used...and the ones that didn't got washed out. :rofl:

Yeah, that has the ring of authenticity to it. :supergrin:

JFrame
10-26-2012, 07:57
Yeah, that has the ring of authenticity to it. :supergrin:

Heh...Someone is channeling Stephen Hunter and Bob Lee Swagger in some of their Internet posting... ;)

QNman
10-26-2012, 13:57
Heh...Someone is channeling Stephen Hunter and Bob Lee Swagger in some of their Internet posting... ;)

:rofl:

Beat me to it!