The Boot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Boot

CAcop
10-22-2012, 21:18
Not the kind of boot you were thining of.

One of our guys was in the break room referring to one of our non-sworn employees who has been passed around the department as "the boot." So I ask him why he is calling her that.

"I call her that because she's like those boots people wear in the winter. It keeps their foot warm and dry while they walk around in the snow. When they are done with it they kick it off and leave it outside. Later someone else comes by and uses it for awhile."

collim1
10-22-2012, 22:42
Female co-workers are a sure way to get fired. I avoid them like the plague. We have part time college workers at my agency that work dispatch and traffic direction. I treat them as if they have a contagious disease.

Ohio Copper
10-22-2012, 22:57
Lmao!

I stay away from them at work. I don't know why some guys dip their pen in company ink, to each their own though.

I've got 1000x better at home and ill keep it that way!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

evilwill
10-23-2012, 01:41
Lmao!

I stay away from them at work. I don't know why some guys dip their pen in company ink, to each their own though.

I've got 1000x better at home and ill keep it that way!

Ohio is right

It is 1000x better at his home!!! I keed, I keed.

Clutch Cargo
10-23-2012, 02:04
I thought your post might be about the trunk of a British car.

cowboywannabe
10-23-2012, 03:11
boot always meant the new guy (or gal), meaning somebody just out of boot camp (or the academy).

indigent
10-23-2012, 07:39
boot always meant the new guy (or gal), meaning somebody just out of boot camp (or the academy).

It's one of those fancy Calllliieeefornnnia words that has more than one meaning.........

Patchman
10-23-2012, 08:19
I pity her for allowing herself to get that type of reputation.

Ohio Copper
10-23-2012, 08:48
Ohio is right

It is 1000x better at his home!!! I keed, I keed.

:)

BigSpenda864
10-23-2012, 08:56
Female co-workers are a sure way to get fired. I avoid them like the plague. We have part time college workers at my agency that work dispatch and traffic direction. I treat them as if they have a contagious disease.
You are 100% correct sir. You should certainly interact with them as your job requires and always be 2000% professional but other than job requirements... run away... run away! Too bad the Detroit Police Chief didn't follow this rule.

CJStudent
10-23-2012, 14:51
:rofl: I'm going to have to remember that one!

GRIMLET
10-23-2012, 17:24
Ive heard females like that referred to as the Schwinn., everyone's had a ride. Or the Coke Machine, puts out for anyone.

Stay away from female coworkers and dispatchers. No good can come from this type of romance.

CGMK
10-23-2012, 17:37
They were known as moral gear in the coast guard.

Gombey
10-23-2012, 19:54

First thing that came to my mind too...

The next was I need to do all I can to ensure that's not my daughter.

Tilley
10-23-2012, 21:47
Not the kind of boot you were thining of.

One of our guys was in the break room referring to one of our non-sworn employees who has been passed around the department as "the boot." So I ask him why he is calling her that.

"I call her that because she's like those boots people wear in the winter. It keeps their foot warm and dry while they walk around in the snow. When they are done with it they kick it off and leave it outside. Later someone else comes by and uses it for awhile."

We call them dispatchers...:whistling:

Hack
10-23-2012, 21:51
I call that kind of repute a bad thing. And, since I am married keeping it platonic is not a question with me. One wife is plenty.:supergrin:

vanilla_gorilla
10-23-2012, 21:56

"The world needs ditch-diggers, too."

CAcop
10-23-2012, 22:21

She has enjoyed here time here though.

Realistically if she wasn't sleeping around the office she would be sleeping around town.

CAcop
10-23-2012, 22:22

We call our dispatchers beefalos.

A lot of them outweigh me.

DustyJacket
10-23-2012, 23:15
Stay away from female coworkers and dispatchers. No good can come from this type of romance.

Tell me about it. That's how I ended up married - coworker.
over 22 years now......:wow:

GRIMLET
10-23-2012, 23:23
Tell me about it. That's how I ended up married - coworker.
over 22 years now......:wow:

Ohhhh, you're THAT guy........
Hahahahahah

ateamer
10-24-2012, 08:14
We call our dispatchers beefalos.

A lot of them outweigh me.

Dude, I'm going to jump to their defense. We have awesome dispatchers, overall. Talk to officers from a certain vaunted state agency that wears all tan and you will really appreciate ours.

Metro566
10-25-2012, 02:51
I don't think I've ever had an issue with dispatchers...all ours are huge. Regardless of how good they are or not at their job, they are just too hefty for me.

Now a couple female cops at agencies in my patrol district...oof...I love that "sassyness" and attitude lol...it's hard not to but I just keep telling myself they're trouble and to stay away

Sharkey
10-25-2012, 14:29

TRUFF! :whistling:

Mayhem like Me
10-25-2012, 14:40
Wait this is not about Danners?????

:)

Can she be resoled????

blueiron
10-25-2012, 14:52
We called 'em CVPIs. Most everyone drove them.

CAcop
10-25-2012, 22:26
Dude, I'm going to jump to their defense. We have awesome dispatchers, overall. Talk to officers from a certain vaunted state agency that wears all tan and you will really appreciate ours.

I didn't say they were bad, I just said they are hefty.

One of my former coworkers and one of your current coworkers used to count, "One Cheeto, two cheeto..." while waiting to hear from dispatch after transmitting.

indigent
10-26-2012, 03:04
I didn't say they were bad, I just said they are hefty.

One of my former coworkers and one of your current coworkers used to count, "One Cheeto, two cheeto..." while waiting to hear from dispatch after transmitting.

:rofl: