After watching the "debate" last night [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : After watching the "debate" last night

gwalchmai
10-23-2012, 05:11
I fear for our nation. I hope Romney wins (and I voted for him), but I'm just really not impressed. :crying:

hogship
10-23-2012, 05:13
I fear for our nation. I hope Romney wins (and I voted for him), but I'm just really not impressed. :crying:

This is not telling us much........

OK, tell us WHY you were not impressed.

ooc

gwalchmai
10-23-2012, 05:46
This is not telling us much........

OK, tell us WHY you were not impressed.

ooc"why I'm not impressed"? That's like proving a negative, isn't it? Neither candidate gave me any confidence that they'd be good leaders. If that doesn't explain it for you I guess I'm just inarticulate.

Why are you impressed with either or both of them?

BTW, this in no way changes my opinion and recommendation that everyone, patriot or communist, should vote for ROMNEY in the election.

hogship
10-23-2012, 05:59
"why I'm not impressed"? That's like proving a negative, isn't it? Neither candidate gave me any confidence that they'd be good leaders. If that doesn't explain it for you I guess I'm just inarticulate.

Why are you impressed with either or both of them?

BTW, this in no way changes my opinion and recommendation that everyone, patriot or communist, should vote for ROMNEY in the election.

Was just wondering if you'd like to expand on your statements......guess not.

That speaks for you, too........

ooc

Vic777
10-23-2012, 06:11
I fear for our nation. I hope Romney wins (and I voted for him), but I'm just really not impressed. :crying:Who do you think would be better than Romney, and why?

gwalchmai
10-23-2012, 06:24
Was just wondering if you'd like to expand on your statements......guess not.Yes, and since you took exception to my lack of an impression, I asked you to to expand on your implied support, and you have not done so.

That speaks for you, too........How does that "speak for me"? Is this anything other than a desperate grasping at straws on your part?

Brucev
10-23-2012, 06:25
Like it or not, what matters is not who is elected in Nov., but who is seated on the supreme court. That of course is the problem. That is in the hands of who is elected in Nov.

Very regrettably appointments to the sc will be made by politicians who will vote according to what they are told by their handlers... who act as they are instructed by those who buy and own the legislative process. And those who own and operate that legislative process are not the least bit interested in or concerned about this nation. They are globalist. They don't need America. They need amerkia.

gwalchmai
10-23-2012, 06:26
Who do you think would be better than Romney, and why?That is a good question, Vic, but the truth is at this point Romney is all we have, so what would be the point in rehashing the primary process?

evlbruce
10-23-2012, 06:28
Terrible performance all around. President 0 was tossing softballs and Willard was too busy swing away at flies to see them. Overall I think that Willard did the impossible in that he made 0 sound competent.

gwalchmai
10-23-2012, 06:30
Like it or not, what matters is not who is elected in Nov., but who is seated on the supreme court. That of course is the problem. That is in the hands of who is elected in Nov.

Very regrettably appointments to the sc will be made by politicians who will vote according to what they are told by their handlers... who act as they are instructed by those who buy and own the legislative process. And those who own and operate that legislative process are not the least bit interested in or concerned about this nation. They are globalist. They don't need America. They need amerkia.Yes, if we can get Romney in perhaps we can get good, solid constructionist SC justices who'll stand firm on Constitutional principles. Guys like Roberts...

GAFinch
10-23-2012, 08:45
I wasn't all that impressed either, but I get that Republicans know they can be easily portrayed as a warmonger if they're not careful in what they say.

FFR Spyder GT
10-23-2012, 10:21
Was just wondering if you'd like to expand on your statements......guess not.

That speaks for you, too........

ooc

hogship,

I just got through looking at your Vietnam photo album and you do realize that while you were in 'Nam Romney dodge the draft and was hanging out in France eating cheese and living the "Good Life" on his Daddy's money.

Spyder

jeanderson
10-23-2012, 10:32
Yes, if we can get Romney in perhaps we can get good, solid constructionist SC justices who'll stand firm on Constitutional principles. Guys like Roberts...
I'll take Roberts over another Sotomayer or Kagan.

gwalchmai
10-23-2012, 10:36
I'll take Roberts over another Sotomayer or Kagan.Me, too, which is why I voted for Romney.

countrygun
10-23-2012, 12:12
hogship,

I just got through looking at your Vietnam photo album and you do realize that while you were in 'Nam Romney dodge the draft and was hanging out in France eating cheese and living the "Good Life" on his Daddy's money.

Spyder

LEt me explain to you, since you are talking about things before your birth, how it was back then.

I come from a Long, long, line of Americans who served this Country. I was in high school and I was selecting what would be my branch of service to continue the tradition. Vietnam was the war of my generation. I was ready to do as my Father, and Grandfather had done and enlist upon graduation, or as other ancestors had "at first chance".

The war ended before I graduated. So I never enlisted. (we have the tradition of "Always in war, never in peace". We appreciate those who do and my best friend just retired.

Any way during a Father and Son talk years later my Father told me that he had put aside some money during my HS days in case I chose not to go or to be drafted, 'running money" he called it. "I would have understood if you didn't want to go. Your GFather in WWI and me in WWII had an idea of what we were fighting for"

I never quite wrapped my head fully around the idea of not going but there was a lot of that sentiment, and there were a lot of folks who kept quiet when Carter signed the Amnesty.

It was a time best judged by the people who were there, the filtered vision of it from here sorta blurs things.

I am rather offended that someone would try and use that era for a political point today, when they weren't faced with it themself.

Cavalry Doc
10-23-2012, 12:16
hogship,

Spyder

Where was Barry when I was in Desert Storm, Kosovo & OIF??

Probably a good thing he wasn't there. He doesn't seem like much or a hero or a team player.

hogship
10-23-2012, 21:52
hogship,

Spyder

There are things about Romney that I can't change........but, my vote is basically against Obama, not for Romney.

I do think Romney basically believes in the America I do, but the evidence suggests Obama does not........

ooc

LASTRESORT20
10-23-2012, 22:07
hogship,

Spyder

Typical leftist horse-craaaaaap full of spin.....:upeyes:

Why do Leftist hate earned success?....

Speaking of the "Good Life" on the Tax-payer dime....

http://www.shallownation.com/images/barack_obama_michelle_obama_people_magazine_inauguration_2009_january_cover.jpg

TDC20
10-24-2012, 00:53
hogship,

Spyder
And while I was serving my country in the military, Barack Hussein Obama (then known as Barry Soetero) was smoking choom, snorting coke, and doing a little drug trade business on the side for cash. So what was your point again?

Flying-Dutchman
10-24-2012, 03:23
hogship,

Spyder
Obama avoided military service during his draft years thanks to the peace through strength policy of Ronald Reagan.

Had there been a draft, Obama would have switched back to Indonesian.

Obama, a man of multiple identities and nationalities would have used them to his advantage to save his own skin.

Flying-Dutchman
10-24-2012, 03:46
While we wait for super-human candidates Romney will have to do.

Still, they are calling Romneyís first debate performance the best in the history of modern debates.

It sounds corny but Romney is the right man at the right time.

Why donít you run for office?

Have your tax returns examined, your childhood friends and old girlfriends interviewed and your school records releasedÖ.unless of course you are Obama then you get a free pass and a gold star (Nobel Prize).

gwalchmai
10-24-2012, 04:22
Why donít you run for office?
Why would I want to do that?

Flying-Dutchman
10-24-2012, 04:47
Why would I want to do that?
When you donít like the way things are done you do it yourself.

The sole reason there is a Tea Party is because people (most who just want to be left alone by the Government) reacted to Obama Care, the Stimulus rip off and $1 Trillion deficits.

Romney is a good alternative to Obama and actually may turn out to be one of the great Presidents.

I wish they could dig up Barry Goldwater but he was trounced by one of the most notorious Liberals ever, Lyndon Johnson.

ModGlock17
10-24-2012, 05:00
Where was Barry when I was in Desert Storm, Kosovo & OIF??

Probably a good thing he wasn't there. He doesn't seem like much or a hero or a team player.

Imagine Barry in Patton's army. . .

Arc Angel
10-24-2012, 05:11

:thumbsup: You have very good instincts!

You have to remember, though: Ultimately, a nation gets the quality of leadership that it genuinely deserves. ;)

ModGlock17
10-24-2012, 05:12
LEt me explain to you, since you are talking about things before your birth, how it was back then.

I come from a Long, long, line of Americans who served this Country. I was in high school and I was selecting what would be my branch of service to continue the tradition. Vietnam was the war of my generation. ....

The war ended before I graduated. So I never enlisted. (we have the tradition of "Always in war, never in peace". We appreciate those who do and my best friend just retired....

It was a time best judged by the people who were there, the filtered vision of it from here sorta blurs things.

Agree. I was there. I spent many nights hearing 122mm wheezing overheads. Good men and bad ones died there. Americans had to be there and be scar'd forever. Little children, listen to me: there is no glory in war!

I honor the people who was there, not because they went, but because they let fate led them.

I've no doubt that many men best serve humanity had they not gone there.

gwalchmai
10-24-2012, 05:21
When you donít like the way things are done you do it yourself.

The sole reason there is a Tea Party is because people (most who just want to be left alone by the Government) reacted to Obama Care, the Stimulus rip off and $1 Trillion deficits.

Romney is a good alternative to Obama and actually may turn out to be one of the great Presidents.

I wish they could dig up Barry Goldwater but he was trounced by one of the most notorious Liberals ever, Lyndon Johnson.Yes, I liked Goldwater, too, and while he's no Goldwater, I agree that Romney is a good alternative to Obama (haven't I said that before?)

And I have voted for Romney, as I said I would do back in the spring. But I'm not impressed with his "debate" performance. Sorry if I don't conform to your "rah-rah" lockstep, but that's life.

gwalchmai
10-24-2012, 05:23
You have to remember, though: Ultimately, a nation gets the quality of leadership that it genuinely deserves. ;)Yes, we have only ourselves to blame. We've allowed TV to become our medium of communication, and it has reduced us to slaves.

Flying-Dutchman
10-24-2012, 05:31
Yes, I liked Goldwater, too, and while he's no Goldwater, I agree that Romney is a good alternative to Obama (haven't I said that before?)

And I have voted for Romney, as I said I would do back in the spring. But I'm not impressed with his "debate" performance. Sorry if I don't conform to your "rah-rah" lockstep, but that's life.
Actually we are in agreement.

And I am not rah-rah for Romney. I am anti-Obama Care. I am a 1 issue voter in this election.