Krauthammer: Romney Won Unequivocally; Obama's Responses Were Petty [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Krauthammer: Romney Won Unequivocally; Obama's Responses Were Petty

DOC44
10-23-2012, 06:16
Krauthammer: Romney Won Unequivocally; Obama's Responses Were Petty

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: I think it's unequivocal, Romney won. And he didn't just win tactically, but strategically. Strategically, all he needed to do is basically draw. He needed to continue the momentum he's had since the first debate, and this will continue it. Tactically, he simply had to get up there and show that he's a competent man, somebody who you could trust as commander in chief, a who knows every area of the globe and he gave interesting extra details, like the Haqqani network, which gave the impression he knows what he's talking about. But there is a third level here, and that is what actually happened in the debate.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/22/krauthammer_romney_won_unequivocally_obamas_responses_were_petty.html

Doc44

DonGlock26
10-23-2012, 06:18
That's true. Romney was not aggressive. He wanted to look presidential. Obama looked aggressive and petty. Obama's Libya cover-up will be the subject of the campaign for the next two weeks.

JFrame
10-23-2012, 06:22
And this, from someone who gave Obama the slight edge "on points" in the second debate...Krauthammer calls them as he sees them.

I thought Romney's presentation was much more substantive and concrete. He dealt in terms of actual people, organizations, and regions, whereas his opponent was trite and platitudinous -- delivering the "hope and change" of debates.

callihan_44
10-23-2012, 06:22
I didnt pay alot of attention to the debate, flipped back and forth between the baseball game...honestly it bored me....I understand the gop doesnt want romney to be too aggressive but we've had massive incompetence in the white house for 4yrs and I want barry b-slapped every chance possible! The press will NEVER put this administration up against the wall so this is our only chance to see it...

series1811
10-23-2012, 06:24
The only thing I kept thinking while watching the debate, and the way Obama kept trying stare holes in Romney, was that Obama looked pissed and about as unhappy as anybody I have ever seen in my life.

certifiedfunds
10-23-2012, 06:31
The only thing I kept thinking while watching the debate, and the way Obama kept trying stare holes in Obama, was that Obama looked pissed and about as unhappy as anybody I have ever seen in my life.

Imagine that you woke up one morning and were a brain surgeon. You have no training in brain surgery, no skills and no experience. You are completely incompetent. Yet, each day you have to perform several brain surgeries.......

Patient after patient dies.

Now imagine the whole world is watching and you have to defend your surgical techniques on television.

Its like that.

ModGlock17
10-23-2012, 10:50
The only thing I kept thinking while watching the debate, and the way Obama kept trying stare holes in Romney, was that Obama looked pissed and about as unhappy as anybody I have ever seen in my life.

I actually felt sorry for him.

There's a little boy in there, who has gotten in something WAY OVER HIS HEAD, wishing Mom could come and rescue him from the depth of despair. With all his might, he couldn't make it work, losing his control. The magic is gone. Eyes stared at the table searching for words to complete the thoughts. Put on the tough guy act, so they can't see your inside. He was so insecure.

One interesting comment by a lady referring to the condescending response on navy ships, was that BHO played the role of a BULLY !

Wow. What a nonverbal impression.

FFR Spyder GT
10-23-2012, 11:43
Krauthammer: Romney Won Unequivocally; Obama's Responses Were Petty

a who knows every area of the globe and he gave interesting extra details

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/22/krauthammer_romney_won_unequivocally_obamas_responses_were_petty.html

Doc44

I guess that's why Romney stated that Iran was interested in Syria because Iran wanted their coastline.

Gee, Syria has roughly 140 miles of coastline and Iran has almost 2,000 miles.

Bob Schaffer said that based on Romney's statement that he must have very little knowledge about the geographical makeup of the Middle East.

Doesn't Romney realize that there's a country between Iran and Syria?

Doesn't look like it.

kensb2
10-23-2012, 11:56
I guess that's why Romney stated that Iran was interested in Syria because Iran wanted their coastline.

Bob Schaffer said that based on Romney's statement that he must have very little knowledge about the geographical makeup of the Middle East.

Doesn't look like it.

Well, Iraq being the country between them, I'm pretty sure that they'll let them ship things through the country. The Iraq-Iran war is old news, and they are becoming allies. Syria's 140 mi of coast line is a lot closer to the rest of Europe than the majority of their own is. Also, if I were Iran, I'd rather ship my oil through Iraq and out of Syria, than have to go down around Saudi Arabia and past a number of countries more friendly to the US than themselves. Also, Egypt controls the Suez canal, and they aren't very friendly towards Iran either. What if they have to start shipping oil around the Horn of Africa to get to Europe? Syria is looking better and better I'd say.

JFrame
10-23-2012, 12:13
:crying:Well, Iraq being the country between them, I'm pretty sure that they'll let them ship things through the country. The Iraq-Iran war is old news, and they are becoming allies. Syria's 140 mi of coast line is a lot closer to the rest of Europe than the majority of their own is. Also, if I were Iran, I'd rather ship my oil through Iraq and out of Syria, than have to go down around Saudi Arabia and past a number of countries more friendly to the US than themselves. Also, Egypt controls the Suez canal, and they aren't very friendly towards Iran either. What if they have to start shipping oil around the Horn of Africa to get to Europe? Syria is looking better and better I'd say.

Yup -- coastlines can be relatively small but very strategic. Look at what the Great Lakes did for American commerce at one time.

GWSHARK
10-23-2012, 12:13
So tie is the new win? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gundude
10-23-2012, 12:15
I didnt pay alot of attention to the debate, flipped back and forth between the baseball game...honestly it bored me....When something is boring in comparison to baseball, you know it's in trouble.

Seriously though, with Monday night football and playoff baseball on at the same time, how many people watched the debate? It's not the kind of thing regular people would TiVo to watch later. It's what people watch when it overrides regular programming and nothing else is on.

Even if Obama did win it decisively, it's like scoring a touchdown in the final seconds of a game when you're down by 32. Everybody has already left the stadium.

series1811
10-23-2012, 12:44
Watching the debate, and hearing Democrats being just as happy that Obama was abrasive as if he had been effective, reminded me of all the criminal trials I have watched where I have seen the same thing.

You would often see a criminal defendant's lawyer get up and give a bombastic argument (mainly to impress his clent), and be overuled, and the defendant would look over at us and smirk, thinking his attorney had just won.

And, just as often, their attorney would make a quiet, but effective objection, and be sustained, and the defendant would mouth something like, "That's f'ed up".

They could never accurately tell whether they were winning or losing because the only reference they had was the street where the loudest, most obnoxious person is the winner, regardless of what he says. Style over substance wins with Democrats, whether it's a debate or an argument in the street.

Kablam
10-23-2012, 12:48

Doesn't look like it.

Look at a map please. Through friendly Iraq and friendly Syria right smack into the Med. Kind of beats having to deal with the Persian Gulf, Gulf of Oman, Gulf of Aden, Red Sea, Suez Canal, all of which have some narrow straights to get through that are close to folks and their territorial water who may not be on board with Iranian extremism if things get rowdy with Iran. You're right. Somebody doesn't have much knowledge of the geographical, and political, makeup of the Middle East. Who's Bob Schaffer by the way? Some smart guy like you nad Obama?

countrygun
10-23-2012, 12:50
Watching the debate, and hearing Democrats being just as happy that Obama was abrasive as if he had been effective, reminded me of all the criminal trials I have watched where I have seen the same thing.

You would often see a criminal defendant's lawyer get up and give a bombastic argument (mainly to impress his clent), and be overuled, and the defendant would look over at us and smirk, thinking his attorney had just won.

And, just as often, their attorney would make a quiet, but effective objection, and be sustained, and the defendant would mouth something like, "That's f'ed up".

They could never accurately tell whether they were winning or losing because the only reference they had was the street where the loudest, most obnoxious person is the winner, regardless of what he says. Style over substance wins with Democrats, whether it's a debate or an argument in the street.

^^^^this

What some are forgetting is that the people that were impressed by Obama last night are the ones already voting for him. If that attitude impressed the undecideds...well..they wouldn't be "undecided" they would already be Obama voters because he was just being his typical self last night. The voting undecideds were unimpressed with a man who just typified his behavior in the last 3 1/2 years.

series1811
10-23-2012, 12:51

Doesn't look like it.

Maybe he's been taking geography lessons from Biden. :supergrin:

http://www.solidprinciples.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ramirez-10-16-12.jpg

FFR Spyder GT
10-23-2012, 12:53
Well, Iraq being the country between them, I'm pretty sure that they'll let them ship things through the country. The Iraq-Iran war is old news, and they are becoming allies. Syria's 140 mi of coast line is a lot closer to the rest of Europe than the majority of their own is. Also, if I were Iran, I'd rather ship my oil through Iraq and out of Syria, than have to go down around Saudi Arabia and past a number of countries more friendly to the US than themselves. Also, Egypt controls the Suez canal, and they aren't very friendly towards Iran either. What if they have to start shipping oil around the Horn of Africa to get to Europe? Syria is looking better and better I'd say.

So, you would ship your oil across Iraq, to the Syrian coast, through the Med, down the Atlantic Coast of Africa, then all the way around through the Indian Ocean to ChiCom?

Wouldn't it be closer, quicker and cheaper just to ship the oil to ChiCom from an Iranian port located in the North Arabian Sea?

Spyder

FFR Spyder GT
10-23-2012, 12:56
^^^^this

What some are forgetting is that the people that were impressed by ROMNEY last night are the ones already voting for him. If that attitude impressed the undecideds...well..they wouldn't be "undecided" they would already be ROMNEY voters.

There, fixed it for you. :wavey:

series1811
10-23-2012, 12:57
So, you would ship your oil across Iraq, to the Syrian coast, through the Med, down the Atlantic Coast of Africa, then all the way around through the Indian Ocean to ChiCom?

Wouldn't it be closer, quicker and cheaper just to ship the oil to ChiCom from an Iranian port located in the North Arabian Sea?

Spyder

You really think you can predict what Iran will do?

You should tell Obama.

Snowman92D
10-23-2012, 12:58
So tie is the new win? :rofl:

Depends on your perspective. Are you thinking about winning a battle, or winning the war? One thing for sure...a "tie" is definitely another "loss" for the Golden Child at this stage of the game.

countrygun
10-23-2012, 13:12
There, fixed it for you. :wavey:

The way you fix polling statistics?

From someone who still claims Obama one the first debate, I'll take your opinion for what it's worth. Even Obama admitted he lost and you can't do the same.

Did you want to be a Court jester when you grew up?

aircarver
10-23-2012, 13:23
The word is too big for Obamao supporters ..... :supergrin:

countrygun
10-23-2012, 13:44
So tie is the new win? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well yes.

When you are going way up in the polls, a "good" tie is better than a "bad" win. If romney had acted the twit like Obama did he would have looked as unpresidential as Obama did. Being the one at the table that looked and acted likea President was a win for Romney.

rjinaz85308
10-23-2012, 15:40
Talk about spin doctors

Earlier today CNN headlines read

'Almost half of those that watched the debate said Obama won'.

Couldn't that have read more than half didn't think he won

Unbiased reporting at its best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cavalry Doc
10-23-2012, 19:04
Talk about spin doctors

Earlier today CNN headlines read

'Almost half of those that watched the debate said Obama won'.

Couldn't that have read more than half didn't think he won

Unbiased reporting at its best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if true, but I remember a lesson in High school, it was about a story in Pravda. Evidently there was a stock car race in Russia. The Americans entered a car and flew it over. The Russians finished respectably in second place, and the American car pulled up the rear in second to last place.

Yep, only two cars in the race.

Romney dines with rich people. Obama embraced by catholics. Same thing.

jdavionic
10-23-2012, 19:35
Stuart Barney and Dana Perino (:supergrin:) were both citing Romney's strategy as a success.