What to tell the wife. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What to tell the wife.

okie
10-23-2012, 07:52
If your wife tells you that you spend too much money here's what to tell her. "I think I keep my spending within reason ! Reason #1 is I like to camp, reason #2 I like to Boat, reason#3 I like Guns, reason#4 I like motorcycles, so as you see I do keep my spending within reason:supergrin::rofl:

GlockinNJ
10-23-2012, 07:54
"I am the man you married. Would you rather me spend the money at Cabelas or High Heels?"

redbaron007
10-23-2012, 08:05
If your wife tells you that you spend too much money here's what to tell her. "I think I keep my spending within reason ! Reason #1 is I like to camp, reason #2 I like to Boat, reason#3 I like Guns, reason#4 I like motorcycles, so as you see I do keep my spending within reason:supergrin::rofl:

If it were really that simple!!!! :rofl: :supergrin: :animlol:

:wavey:

red

Bilbo Bagins
10-23-2012, 08:16
"I am the man you married. Would you rather me spend the money at Cabelas or High Heels?"

:rofl:

I have almost the same line.

Wife - Why do you buy so much gun and camping stuff

Me- At least you know I'm not spending money it on a mistress.

okie
10-23-2012, 08:37
If it were really that simple!!!! :rofl: :supergrin: :animlol:

red
It isn't that simple:alex::rofl:

rhikdavis
10-23-2012, 08:40
When did you get married, Okie? Congratz!!

redbaron007
10-23-2012, 08:41

My thoughts too! :supergrin:

red

M2 Carbine
10-23-2012, 08:45
When my Wife and I were first Married, a small thing came up about money.
I told her, fighting about money is one of the biggest problems in a marrage, but it won't be with us. We will never argue about money.
Simple, if we have it we can spend it. If we don't have it we can't spend it. But we weren't going to obsess about what we don't have and we will enjoy what we do have, each other.

Somehow a "house rule" came about that if we came to an impass, like buying our second ten acres of land, I would make the decision and we would hope I was right.
As I recall, this me making the final decision rule was my Wife's idea. She thought I was more "worldly" about many things and I would probably make better decision.
I didn't especially like this rule but in a impass where you just can't agree someone has to make the decision and hope you are right.
Over the yearsthis system worked great.

We also stumbled into another money system that worked great.
Each payday we got a allowance that was personal "mad money". This money was not to be spent on clothes, haircuts, car gas, etc. It could be spent on each other for like a Christmas present, etc, but was mainly personal money, like me buing gun stuff, going to the gun show, etc.
So there was never such as, you can't buy a new gun because we need a new washing machine. The "house money" buys the new washer.

Our personal money could be 'loaned" to the house or to each other but must be paid back ASAP, WITHOUT FAIL.
Great system .

And one other perk is when I bought my Wife something, the gift was from me, not just baught from "house money".

I usually had a few hundred put aside but my Wife usually had a few thousand in her mad money envelope.:supergrin:

okie
10-23-2012, 08:46

I didn't :supergrin:

kirgi08
10-23-2012, 08:48
:popcorn:

Dang it Mark.'08. :rant:

dango
10-23-2012, 09:14
The wife and I have been married over 27 years.
We have (PRIORITIES) that are taken care of , bills , repairs,
food , etc. !
Then we have (Checking) Enough cash to handle the un-fore-seen events......!
Then we have (SAVINGS) and it does painfully grow , one dollar at a time.....!
Then we have (HUMAN-NATURE) , wants , desires , ETC...!

If I want something , we sit down and discuss everything..!
She , gives me 50 reasons why I should not buy another gun.
I sit and totally agree with everything she says , we do NOT argue or debate , just agree....!
After we are done and she returns to I-PAD and is consumed
by Your face tube , U-book , whatever , GOSSIP...( I ),
while she is pre-occupied , I go buy that gun and life goes on!
:supergrin:

Chesafreak
10-23-2012, 09:30
Edit: Removed and started a new thread so I don't hijack this one.

John Rambo
10-23-2012, 10:45
What to say?

"Who the hell gave you access to my finances?"

Separate finances are one of the keys to a happy relationship.

Bushflyr
10-23-2012, 10:57
She doesn't hassle me about my toys, I don't hassle her about her shoes. I sense a long happy marriage ahead. :supergrin:

Clutch Cargo
10-23-2012, 11:10
Okie
My minister of finance will not like those reasons. That's why I have an unknown (to her) bank account.:whistling:

Mrs.Cicero
10-23-2012, 11:44
Somehow a "house rule" came about that if we came to an impass, like buying our second ten acres of land, I would make the decision and we would hope I was right.
As I recall, this me making the final decision rule was my Wife's idea. She thought I was more "worldly" about many things and I would probably make better decision.
I didn't especially like this rule but in a impass where you just can't agree someone has to make the decision and hope you are right.
Over the yearsthis system worked great.

We use the same system for non-financial decisions. He has to listen to my opinion, but the decision is his. He doesn't roll his eyes, I don't say I told you so, and it works great. For the money things, though, since I do the finances and the taxes, he just asks if we can afford it right now, or how long before we can, and I tell him. He uses part of his stipends for mad money... he tells me how much he's spending, and I use the rest to fix the house/build the garage/etc. I like the idea of me having my own mad money though, because it does bug me to buy gifts for him using the house account.

zoyter2
10-23-2012, 11:52
What to say?

"Who the hell gave you access to my finances?"

Separate finances are one of the keys to a happy relationship.

I don't know about everyone, but it certainly has been a key to my 30 year marriage. :wavey:

wjv
10-23-2012, 12:03
#5 "Shut the heck up and get back to scrubbing the floor"

F350
10-23-2012, 12:20
She doesn't hassle me about my toys, I don't hassle her about her shoes. I sense a long happy marriage ahead. :supergrin:

When we got married I made a vow to the wife that I would never have more guns than she had pairs of shoes :rofl:

She was doing some cleaning out of "her" walk in closet and proudly proclaimed she had gotten rid of 2 old pairs of shoes. She now had 2 open slots in one of her shoe racks so she needed to go shopping and get 2 new pair to fill the voids.

I just asked "Should I go count the open slots in my gun safe"?

She just said "Forget I even brought it up". I did notice a couple weeks later there were NO open slots in the shoe racks :shocked:

John Rambo
10-23-2012, 12:22
I don't know about everyone, but it certainly has been a key to my 30 year marriage. :wavey:

Question. How do you handle the joint account end of it? For things like dates, furniture, etc. that benefit you both?

fwm
10-23-2012, 13:28

Used that one early on in my relationship with now my wife of 21 years.

She complained we never did anything together on Sunday. I said "I watch football on Sunday. It's who I am. You wouldn't like the person I'd be if not able to watch football on Sunday.You're welcome to join me at any time."

Now she either watches football with me, or goes shopping, with her own money.

Chesafreak
10-23-2012, 13:38
Question. How do you handle the joint account end of it? For things like dates, furniture, etc. that benefit you both?

My fiance and I keep our finances separate and will continue to do so after we get married. We take turns paying for dinner out, Starbucks, etc. We don't keep a tally, and don't sweat if if one of us pays a little more for dinner than the other did last dinner out. It all evens out. When it comes to anything else for the both of us or the house, we agree on it first then split the cost.

If we want something for ourselves, we don't have to ask the other since we don't have joint accounts. The only thing holding me back from buying more guns is myself. I am committed to paying off debt.

Glock30Eric
10-23-2012, 14:07
The wife and I have been married over 27 years.
We have (PRIORITIES) that are taken care of , bills , repairs,
food , etc. !
Then we have (Checking) Enough cash to handle the un-fore-seen events......!
Then we have (SAVINGS) and it does painfully grow , one dollar at a time.....!
Then we have (HUMAN-NATURE) , wants , desires , ETC...!

If I want something , we sit down and discuss everything..!
She , gives me 50 reasons why I should not buy another gun.
I sit and totally agree with everything she says , we do NOT argue or debate , just agree....!
After we are done and she returns to I-PAD and is consumed
by Your face tube , U-book , whatever , GOSSIP...( I ),
while she is pre-occupied , I go buy that gun and life goes on!
:supergrin:

That was really funny to read that. I happens to wonder, what was her reaction when she found out that you brought a gun?

Dalton Wayne
10-23-2012, 14:22
My wife has NO idea what I spend, if she knew I just ordered a Grim reaper AK47 book for $125.00 she would go ballistic :)

zoyter2
10-23-2012, 14:56

No problems. If I have the money, I pay. If not, she pays. If we are both flush, we both chip in.

Usually I handle the outsides stuff...lawn/garden/home repair, and she handles the inside stuff. Redecorating, new furniture, etc.

I pay the cell bill, she pays power, whoever get the mail covers the internet service.

Don't misunderstand, we have debit cards on each other's account, but we never use them before talking. Usually these things just work out according to who gets paid when and who has a bit left. We never buy a large purchase (over $1K without bouncing it off the other person. Not "permission" so to speak, but rather "courtesy".

Although the house and cars are paid for, and we don't carry balances on CCs, this works well when things are tight also. You each have "your" bills, so you know what is coming up when.

SevenSixtyTwo
10-23-2012, 16:42
Wife says "FAR BE IT FROM ME TO TELL YOU YOU CAN'T BUY A NEW GUN, GRRRRR"!!! Sounds like permission to me!!!

Buki192327
10-23-2012, 16:58

If it were really that simple!!!! :rofl: :supergrin:

red

It isn't that simple:alex::rofl:

Sorry to disillusion you Okie, It is not that simple.

okie
10-24-2012, 06:59
Okie
My minister of finance will not like those reasons. That's why I have an unknown (to her) bank account.:whistling:

I recon sometimes you gotta go what you gotta do my friend:whistling:

okie
10-24-2012, 07:02
Sorry to disillusion you Okie, It is not that simple.

Well damn:shocked::faint:

hockeyrcks9901
10-24-2012, 10:14
My wife and I keep separate finances as well. Works great for us. We each pay certain bills and we make large decisions together but I don't have to worry about how much she spent shopping and she doesn't have to worry about my next big purchase.

Blast
07-12-2013, 02:02
Good advice.:thumbsup:

However...:whistling:
http://elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/elite-daily-girl-with-knife.jpg

GlockinNJ
07-12-2013, 16:45
Good advice.:thumbsup:

However...:whistling:
http://elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/elite-daily-girl-with-knife.jpg

Quoting an old Okie thread. Hey man, have you read this...

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1494444

RIP, Okie...

Rick O'Shay
07-13-2013, 02:36
Separate checking accounts here. Been married 46 years and counting. Works so far.

Lone_Wolfe
07-13-2013, 02:44
Haha, this was a good one!

Huaco Kid
07-13-2013, 02:44
If your wife tells you that you spend too much money here's what to tell her:

"A 1911 is worth, like, twenty Glocks! I SAVED money!"

Blast
07-13-2013, 03:03
Quoting an old Okie thread. Hey man, have you read this...

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1494444

RIP, Okie...
I'm well aware. I bumped this thread in honor of okie. His threads will be missed. There are a few old okie threads bumped by others. I'm sure more will be bumped as tribute.

Kichigai
07-13-2013, 05:41

this was funny:rofl:

Buki192327
07-13-2013, 19:08

this was funny:rofl:

Okie, always had a great way of thinking to improve a marriage. :supergrin: :rofl:

RIP - Okie

faawrenchbndr
07-13-2013, 19:34
I had not seen this one........great one!

Thanks Okie........:crying:

JimBianchi
07-13-2013, 20:30
Separate checking accounts here. Been married 46 years and counting. Works so far.

23yrs, same here.

Works well.