Must have uogrades [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Must have uogrades

gajones06
10-23-2012, 08:02
I have been wanting to upgrade my STI 1911 with some new parts and modifications. So far I have a may well from ed brown and an ed brown trigger. I want to have the barrel crowned, no idea where to send it though, and a trigger job. Anything that anyone must have done to any 1911 they own? Any suggestions? Right now the gun is for cc but will be used for uspsa next summer.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

faawrenchbndr
10-23-2012, 14:26
Sights
Trigger
Flat mainspring housing
Strong side only thumb safety
Grips, prefer Larry Davidson or VZ
Front strap treatment

Look into Business End Customs for work.

samuse
10-23-2012, 21:01
The STI trigger is really good. The shoe is plastic, it's really light to mitigate trigger bounce. I'd keep it.

Not much on an STI needs upgrading if it runs ok.

The only thing I whine about is their grip safeties. They torture my thumb knuckle.

Z28ricer
10-23-2012, 21:21
Must have upgrades:

Good mags
A good holster(s)
HST 230+P's

gajones06
10-23-2012, 23:11
Must have upgrades:

Good mags
A good holster(s)
HST 230+P's

Already ahead of you on that front :-)

Z28ricer
10-24-2012, 00:55
Already ahead of you on that front :-)

Unless you got yours several years back i'm still in the "lead" on that one :tongueout:

MD357
10-24-2012, 08:04
Absolutely nothing except for a good holster and mags. Shoot a few matches first and then you'll figure out what you like/want. Everyone is different and you'd probably end up changing what you did anyways.

dakrat
10-24-2012, 09:16
STI pistols are good to go in stock configuration. IMO, they have the best trigger break in their price range. like what others have suggested, shoot the snot out of it and your shooting hands will tell you what needs to be changed. a good set of grips is simple and makes a great difference in shooting. good luck