Great. I failed a drug test. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Great. I failed a drug test.

frank4570
10-23-2012, 08:37
I take pain meds. They gave me a random urine test and say they didn't find the meds in my system. So even if they can know I'm actually using the meds like I say I am, they can't give me anymore.

Sveke
10-23-2012, 08:39
Doesn't make sense, why weren't they in your system if you use them like your supposed to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rhikdavis
10-23-2012, 08:39
That didn't make a lick of sense.

John Rambo
10-23-2012, 08:40
Funny thing, you try to keep your Oxy use to a minimum so as to not become a pill-head, and the legislation put in place to keep pill-heads from illegally obtaining Oxys screws you out of legitimate medication when you need it.

Government ineptitude at its finest.

okie
10-23-2012, 08:40
I'm sorry to hear that my friend, I hope you can get thing straightened out:angel:

John Rambo
10-23-2012, 08:41
Doesn't make sense, why weren't they in your system if you use them like your supposed to?

Because if you're a responsible and sensible human being who wants to function you don't pop synthetic Heroin when you don't need it.

This is, of course, assuming hes taking Oxy/Hydrocodone of some type. Judging by the story, I'd say thats the case.

SMOKEin
10-23-2012, 08:43
I'm not understanding the failed part.

frank4570
10-23-2012, 08:44
I'm on butrans. It's a patch I wear on my skin.

Sveke
Because if you're a responsible and sensible human being who wants to function you don't pop synthetic Heroin when you don't need it.

This is, of course, assuming hes taking Oxy/Hydrocodone of some type. Judging by the story, I'd say thats the case.

It's clear that it's a stop measure for illegal sales of it. There must be way to prove your not selling it.

JBnTX
I take pain meds. They gave me a random urine test and say they didn't find the meds in my system. So even if they can know I'm actually using the meds like I say I am, they can't give me anymore.

Funny thing, you try to keep your Oxy use to a minimum so as to not become a pill-head, and the legislation put in place to keep pill-heads from illegally obtaining Oxys screws you out of legitimate medication when you need it.

Government ineptitude at its finest.

Are you guys talking in some kind of code?:headscratch:

kensb2
10-23-2012, 08:45

I'd guess he's supposed to have a certain level of it in his blood stream so they know he's taking it, and not selling it.

John Rambo
10-23-2012, 08:46
I'm on butrans. It's a patch I wear on my skin.

Even that stuff is governed by the same laws? God, sorry to hear that man.

frank4570
10-23-2012, 08:52

If I'm taking my meds instead of selling them, they should be in my system.
My doc knows I'm honest. But he's stuck.

kirgi08
10-23-2012, 08:54
Yep they think he's selling his meds.Frank get a hair test done,It will establish a firm result.I've been accused of the same.'08.

PM inbound.

kensb2
10-23-2012, 08:56

How many are you 'supposed' to take every day, vs. how many you have in the bottle at home? If you bring in what you have, and you have more than what you should've taken by now, then wouldn't that be proof enough? If not, hair sample is good advice!

VC-Racing
10-23-2012, 08:56
Might have mixed up samples with someone else. Ask for a retest ...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

frank4570
10-23-2012, 09:00
How many are you 'supposed' to take every day, vs. how many you have in the bottle at home? If you bring in what you have, and you have more than what you should've taken by now, then wouldn't that be proof enough? If not, hair sample is good advice!

I put a new patch on my skin once a week. The patch count was accurate.

frank4570
10-23-2012, 09:01
Might have mixed up samples with someone else. Ask for a retest ...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Yeah, human error is exactly what I'm thinking.

racerford
10-23-2012, 09:11
Yeah, human error is exactly what I'm thinking.

I know someone that is on Fentanyl (sp?) and other stuff. They have to bring all their meds in every visit. Their are periodic tests.

They had a car accident and there was a drug test, the test results came back negative. Perhaps it was not a tested drug. They seem to clear the drug, and many others very fast.

Were you wearing your patch at the visit? How many days on it?

Was it a urine, blood or hair test? They may have different results based on the drugs they are looking for.

Pain Management doctors are under a lot of scrutiny. Sometimes poorly thought out laws are passed by ignorant people.

frank4570
10-23-2012, 09:13
I'm always wearing a patch. It was a urine test.

I know someone that is on Fentanyl (sp?) and other stuff. They have to bring all their meds in every visit. Their are periodic tests.

They had a car accident and there was a drug test, the test results came back negative. Perhaps it was not a tested drug. They seem to clear the drug, and many others very fast.

Were you wearing your patch at the visit? How many days on it?

Was it a urine, blood or hair test? They may have different results based on the drugs they are looking for.

Pain Management doctors are under a lot of scrutiny. Sometimes poorly thought out laws are passed by ignorant people.

lvl1trauma
10-23-2012, 09:32
Drug tests are more than just positive and negative. There are threshold limits (quantitative values) involved. If you are taking your meds as prescribed your level of whatever your are taking (or its metabolite) will fall within a certain range. If your level is too high the presumption is you are abusing them. If your level is too low or nonexistent, the presumption is you are selling them. You are considered guilty on both accounts. A good pain med clinic will test the metabolites in your system and can damn near tell you when you last took your pain med.

As far as a negative drug test when on Fentanyl patches- the panel used probably didn't include it in their tests.

Sveke
10-23-2012, 09:38
What is your states medical Marijuana law?

Way better than the heroin they have you on and it grows in the ground like lettuce. Not made in a lab by Frankenstein.

Bilbo Bagins
10-23-2012, 09:39

Ohh I get it now.

I don't know what to say other then asking for a re-test or go to a new doctor and start over.

Maybe you drinking a lot of fluids or on some crazy cranberry diet to wash the meds out of your system?

dango
10-23-2012, 09:40
In the past three years and esspecially in the last year I've been advised and given legal PAIN MEDS. Sometimes , I wake up MAD
or PMSed and for no known reason. It was some of the meds.!

I need a good atitude and have been through my share , so has my wife suffered with me. I don't always take these Meds cause
do not like the emotional side-effects that do follow some times.

What I have learned through all this is , ( I ) take one of everything that should be in my body at bed time the night before and one of whatever the morning of that appointment.
If I have too many , I will take out what needs not to be there
in those little bottles.
Just mention DEA to these doctors and watch a grown man pee himself ! They are bound by law and either ,your an addict and ate them too fast or you sell them. You gotta keep the numbers right and in your body when that time of the month comes. I know both sides of this coin and feel your pain.

kensb2
10-23-2012, 09:41
I'm always wearing a patch. It was a urine test.

Oops. Didn't realize it was a patch vs. pills. I also suppose, that having an accurate count doesn't necessarily mean you haven't sold the ones you say you took. Hope it works out for you!

racerford
10-23-2012, 10:11
Drug tests are more than just positive and negative. There are threshold limits (quantitative values) involved. If you are taking your meds as prescribed your level of whatever your are taking (or its metabolite) will fall within a certain range. If your level is too high the presumption is you are abusing them. If your level is too low or nonexistent, the presumption is you are selling them. You are considered guilty on both accounts. A good pain med clinic will test the metabolites in your system and can damn near tell you when you last took your pain med.

As far as a negative drug test when on Fentanyl patches- the panel used probably didn't include it in their tests.

They get tested every month at the Pain Management doctor. It never shows up. in spite of wearing the patch at the time of the test, and as perscribed. They also are on a 2 day change instead of 3. The patches were running out before 3 days. It was theorized higher than normal skin temps were causing faster transfer rates. It has never shown up. The doctor says it is possible if you have a very efficient liver.

I find this medically interesting.

I guess the laws in Texas are different than in Virginia.

dango
10-23-2012, 10:18
Oops. Didn't realize it was a patch vs. pills. I also suppose, that having an accurate count doesn't necessarily mean you haven't sold the ones you say you took. Hope it works out for you!

They can think what ever as long as your blood , urine , med. count and dates are right , by law and have to treat you unless
you are a major butt-whole or really , really stupid.!

Scrutiny has nothing to do with proof or law if all said numbers are right !

kirgi08
10-23-2012, 10:28
Yes it is Dango,your long term meds are looked at.'08.

sappy13
10-23-2012, 10:36
Have them run another one on a new sample. My dad has gulf war illness and is on more meds than I can count. He had a test a couple weeks ago that came up for stuff that shouldnt be in his system and isnt. They knew the results were bad so my parents told them they would pay for a new one. Second test came back TOTALLY different. I think now they are fighting to have the first test removed from his record, since it could effect a lot of stuff down the line for new doctors.

Haldor
10-23-2012, 11:41
That didn't make a lick of sense.

I imagine that the thinking is if you aren't using the drugs as prescribed, then perhaps you are selling them?

dango
10-23-2012, 13:10
Yes it is Dango,your long term meds are looked at.'08.

Maybe you are right but I have never been tested beyond the urine strip , ever ! Don't know if it's where I live or my medical
issues. My personal medical history does tell one hell of a story
and the fact that I have never asked out-right for any drug
may have something to do with it ..? All I know is my case and really don't know why some are met with scrutiny and some are not.

Even my driving record tells a story , no wrecks(knock on wood again) , no DUI's , no speeding , not much of anything.!
I really don't know what sets these doctors off , really....?

Batesmotel
10-23-2012, 13:25
A friend lost his security clearance for NOT taking pain pills. He injured his back at work. Went to ER and was given a prescription for pain killers. They make him nauseous so he never filled the prescription and just took over the counter ibuprofen.

When he took a drug test the meds were absent so they assumed he sold the pills even though he never filled the prescription.

ilgunguygt
10-23-2012, 13:41
Hmmm, the weird part is, I am prescribed Hydrocodone, and have been given Oxycodone(still do in cold weather when pain is worse) and have never been drug tested to check. I do not and have not had to use a patch though, maybe thats the difference.

GRIMLET
10-23-2012, 14:40
Most all pain medication is prescribed x number at x hours interval AS NEEDED FOR PAIN.
How can anyone prescribed in this manner be accused of not following the prescribed dose. Its very subjective. Also, after being accused of selling the meds, why not bring in the unused meds in the prescription bottle?

series1811
10-23-2012, 14:44
It's clear that it's a stop measure for illegal sales of it. There must be way to prove your not selling it.

There is. Just show them the pills you didn't take. Usually they either want to see the medicine in you blood, or in your bottle. Not having it in either one is a problem in that a reasonable person could certainly wonder why you don't have it in either place.

M&P Shooter
10-23-2012, 14:46
http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab89/Glock40guy/spicoli04.jpg

Glock&KimberLady
10-23-2012, 15:02
Wow. Some judgmental pricks in this thread.

M&P Shooter
10-23-2012, 15:05
Hey your cranky because your high is coming down and we don't appreciate it:tongueout:

Gallium
10-23-2012, 15:15

What are you talking about GKL? Did you take your meds this morning like I prescribed??? :tongueout:

Gallium
10-23-2012, 15:16
Frank,

I always KNEW you were nothing more than a no-good druggie. I would not be surprised to hear that you were also doing some other crazy **** like selling sharp knives or scissors. :whistling: :tongueout:

racerford
10-23-2012, 15:27
Most all pain medication is prescribed x number at x hours interval AS NEEDED FOR PAIN.
How can anyone prescribed in this manner be accused of not following the prescribed dose. Its very subjective. Also, after being accused of selling the meds, why not bring in the unused meds in the prescription bottle?

Patches are not like that. They are meant for chronic conditions that are best served by a steady release of medicine. If you go up and down on your meds the withdrawal and other side effects are very rough.

It is not just a drug test. They also have you bring in the remaining medication and count. So you have an empty bottle and no drugs in your system.... busted. Either you are at times over using them or yo are selling them or someone else is using them.

frank4570
10-23-2012, 15:28
Frank,

I always KNEW you were nothing more than a no-good druggie. I would not be surprised to hear that you were also doing some other crazy **** like selling sharp knives or scissors. :whistling: :tongueout:

Oh my. I would never do something like that.

Glock&KimberLady
10-23-2012, 15:30
Ha, I don't take pain meds, unless after a surgery, and then they give you like...what? Ten of 'em? :steamed:

Point being, I know those who do take pain meds, even the big boys (a lá Oxy and friends) and they seem to be able function quite normally on them.

My remark was directed at the "selling your meds" and "synthetic heroin" comments. I can assure you that those who use their pain meds in a responsible manner aren't getting stoned off them. Some people are in chronic, unremitting pain...who the hell are you to judge what they need to get through their day and be productive members of society?

And spare my the self-righteous "pain in is the mind" commentary...I used to think the same way, until a shattered elbow. And labor (oh, God, labor). And four c-sections. And foot surgery. And knee surgery. I used my prescribed pain meds judiciously during those times and would not deny anyone else the same. I could not imagine being at that level of pain - permanently - from any of those siutations and being given static for taking meds to alleviate some measure of that pain so I could function.

Then again, I have never posted on GT when under the influence of those pain meds...:whistling:

M&P Shooter
10-23-2012, 15:33
shattered elbow. And labor (oh, God, labor). And four c-sections. And foot surgery. And knee surgery.

OMG I would be smoking crack by now if I went through all that:rofl:

JW1178
10-23-2012, 15:58
Prescription or not, a company can fire you for taking certain meds. Depends on your job description and the company. For instance, you can get a DUI for driving while on a prescription that says do not drive.

Happened where I work, where an employee had a very minor accident on the fork lift that wasn't really his fault, the pallet broke that should have never been in the overhead. Still, company policy is that over $150 of damage or any injury, manditory drug test, and he failed due to his prescription. Turns out that he was suppose to tell a manager when he was prescribed so they could have modified his duties, and he would have not been permitted to drive the fork lift.

Walmart got an uproar when they fired an employee for using medical marjuana, even though he had a prescription, and it was in CA, they fired him and he had no recourse.

If I was an employer and my employee was on a narcotic, prescribed or not and didn't tell me, that employee would become unemployed the minute I found out. Come to me and let me know ahead of time, I'd go out of my way to work with that person, as long as it was legal of course.

dango
10-23-2012, 16:10

This: "Judgmental Pricks", thing has gone viral like the
"Bubonic-Plague" of the Renaissance , yeap ! Only a handful of words seem to cover all !

So then , where does that place me? Just another wanna-be
over the hill , new and improved drug addict ! I saved you some time there.:supergrin:
Bottom line-The DEA is no friend and we all pay the price (scrutiny) for the sins of the one ! Sorry for the Rant but , I do feel your pain and fear over-rides compassion......!

Bruce M
10-23-2012, 16:29
I would guess (admittedly just a guess) that between blood tests, hair test, and an examination of remaining medications this sort of issue should be easily resolved. The factors I could see that might make a difference are previous abuse history and any suspicions the doctor has regarding the patient. I also wonder if some doctors might be scrutinized more than others.

In 2010 90 of the top 100 oxycodone purchasing doctors were in Florida. That might be a sign of a problem http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-06-06/american-pain-the-largest-u-dot-s-dot-pill-mills-rise-and-fall#p5

Glock&KimberLady
10-23-2012, 16:35
This: "Judgmental Pricks", thing has gone viral like the
"Bubonic-Plague" of the Renaissance , yeap ! Only a handful of words seem to cover all !

So then , where does that place me? Just another wanna-be
over the hill , new and improved drug addict ! I saved you some time there.:supergrin:
Bottom line-The DEA is no friend and we all pay the price (scrutiny) for the sins of the one ! Sorry for the Rant but , I do feel your pain and fear over-rides compassion......!

Samn. I thout I came up with that phrase on the spur of the moment because I was irritated.

frank4570
10-23-2012, 16:45
I get my meds from a pain clinic. My doctor is SUPER jumpy about getting a visit from the sheriff.

I would guess (admittedly just a guess) that between blood tests, hair test, and an examination of remaining medications this sort of issue should be easily resolved. The factors I could see that might make a difference are previous abuse history and any suspicions the doctor has regarding the patient. I also wonder if some doctors might be scrutinized more than others.

In 2010 90 of the top 100 oxycodone purchasing doctors were in Florida. That might be a sign of a problem http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-06-06/american-pain-the-largest-u-dot-s-dot-pill-mills-rise-and-fall#p5

JW1178
10-23-2012, 17:25
I had to take an extensive drug test last week. The receptionist said that I would probably be there for a while because they needed a blood, urine, fecal, and semen sample. I just handed them my underwear and walked out. Once the maggots turn into flies it's time to change them anyways.

podwich
10-23-2012, 17:39

Butrans is buprenorphine- same drug as in Suboxone and Subutex.

As for whether the tests test for it...I imagine the one he took did as it sounds like he was at the clinic that prescribed Butrans. It'd be pretty dumb to drug test for a certain drug but not actually test for it. Not sure why it came out negative.

podwich
10-23-2012, 17:42
They can think what ever as long as your blood , urine , med. count and dates are right , by law and have to treat you unless
you are a major butt-whole or really , really stupid.!

Scrutiny has nothing to do with proof or law if all said numbers are right !

No, they do not have to treat you. Physicians are not slaves. If, in their judgment, they do not believe you should be on a narcotic or whatever, they do not have to prescribe it, whether or not you've signed or broken a controlled substance contract.

MB-G26
10-23-2012, 17:50

^This. Typical, though, you think?

frank4570
10-23-2012, 17:54

Way better than the heroin they have you on and it grows in the ground like lettuce. Not made in a lab by Frankenstein.

Actually I was shocked a while back to discover my state does in fact allow medical marijuana. I then discovered one of my friends has a prescription. Then I found out how much the thc pills cost, only a super rich person could afford them, and that's the only legal way to get it.
The very obvious solution would be to keep the pills for when you have no other choices, and find a cheaper supply of marijuana for daily use. I'm a little confused by the motives of the people making the rules.

Gallium
10-23-2012, 17:55
The last two times my doctor wanted to prescribe pain meds for me I politely declined.

One was for nerve damage in my shoulder, the other is for a recurring problem with a certain GT moderator with the initials Mr. VR. :tbo: :)

dango
10-23-2012, 18:04
I had to take an extensive drug test last week. The receptionist said that I would probably be there for a while because they needed a blood, urine, fecal, and semen sample. I just handed them my underwear and walked out. Once the maggots turn into flies it's time to change them anyways.

YOU HAVE LEFT A PERMANENT SCARE WITH-IN MY HARD DRIVE !
I see a CRASH and BURN ,ABORT , TOO much DATA......! :shocked:...............:faint:

larry_minn
10-23-2012, 19:36
Just reading first posts. Get a retest. Where do you get meds? Some pain meds are FAKE... You buy them from pharmacy and they do NOT contain the meds they are supposed to.

Hawaiiglock
10-24-2012, 02:47
Prescription or not, a company can fire you for taking certain meds. Depends on your job description and the company. For instance, you can get a DUI for driving while on a prescription that says do not drive.

Happened where I work, where an employee had a very minor accident on the fork lift that wasn't really his fault, the pallet broke that should have never been in the overhead. Still, company policy is that over $150 of damage or any injury, manditory drug test, and he failed due to his prescription. Turns out that he was suppose to tell a manager when he was prescribed so they could have modified his duties, and he would have not been permitted to drive the fork lift.

Walmart got an uproar when they fired an employee for using medical marjuana, even though he had a prescription, and it was in CA, they fired him and he had no recourse.

If I was an employer and my employee was on a narcotic, prescribed or not and didn't tell me, that employee would become unemployed the minute I found out. Come to me and let me know ahead of time, I'd go out of my way to work with that person, as long as it was legal of course.

Hopefully I don't get canned for prescription meds.

I hurt my back at work about 3 weeks ago. I was prescribed hydrocodones for the pain. I went back to work after five days off, still in some pain, but I didn't want to do any of that workman's comp bs. I took some of the pills during the first week when I was hurting bad, and continue to take a pill here and there if get some bad pain (ie, today I worked a nine hour shift then came home and put three hours of yard work in, my back was sore at the end of the day so I took a pill). I let my boss know that I had been prescribed painkillers when I went back to work.

Four of five days ago a supervisor position opened up at my place of employment. Yesterday I got asked if I wanted it, "heck yea, more money!". One of the stipulations is that I have to take a urine test (don't know why, already been working there for three years). I was worried that I would possibly get terminated for peeing dirty but according to HR I shouldn't have a problem. I'm still kind of pooping bricks, I don't want to walk into the GM's office expecting a congratulations and end up walking out with a pink slip.

cgwahl
10-24-2012, 03:21
I was worried that I would possibly get terminated for peeing dirty but according to HR I shouldn't have a problem. I'm still kind of pooping bricks, I don't want to walk into the GM's office expecting a congratulations and end up walking out with a pink slip.

If it's prescribed it shouldn't be a problem. It's why they ask what meds you take before they give you the cup.

Rancher
10-24-2012, 07:37
Hopefully I don't get canned for prescription meds.

I hurt my back at work about 3 weeks ago. I was prescribed hydrocodones for the pain. I went back to work after five days off, still in some pain, but I didn't want to do any of that workman's comp bs. I took some of the pills during the first week when I was hurting bad, and continue to take a pill here and there if get some bad pain (ie, today I worked a nine hour shift then came home and put three hours of yard work in, my back was sore at the end of the day so I took a pill). I let my boss know that I had been prescribed painkillers when I went back to work.

Four of five days ago a supervisor position opened up at my place of employment. Yesterday I got asked if I wanted it, "heck yea, more money!". One of the stipulations is that I have to take a urine test (don't know why, already been working there for three years). I was worried that I would possibly get terminated for peeing dirty but according to HR I shouldn't have a problem. I'm still kind of pooping bricks, I don't want to walk into the GM's office expecting a congratulations and end up walking out with a pink slip.

Doubt the bottle says take every pill in it and don't skip a dose, it's known as PRN or as needed. If you don't need one don't take it. Don't get a refill if you don't need it.

My wife is an MD and when in private practice she only would give the urine test to folks who she thought were selling, abusing, or using other stuff not prescribed.

She was not a pain clinic and had had to deal with the "drug seekers" daily. It can be tough knowing who really needs the drugs and who don't. Most got at least one shot with her but she had them sign a contract stating they would follow certain rules. Amazing how many had their meds stolen and requested an early refill!

Rancher

brisk21
10-24-2012, 21:36

yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!:supergrin::supergrin:

brisk21
10-24-2012, 21:41
Ive had a couple knee surgeries. Ive been prescribed alot of controlled drugs. Perc, Vicodin, Tylenol 3, ect....I used them as little as possible and quickly switched to ibuprofen. That stuff is bad for your brain. Unfortunately, it does great at what its supposed to do, kill pain. I wish you could get as good a pain killer without the high that certain people chase.

dango
10-24-2012, 22:13
Ive had a couple knee surgeries. Ive been prescribed alot of controlled drugs. Perc, Vicodin, Tylenol 3, ect....I used them as little as possible and quickly switched to ibuprofen. That stuff is bad for your brain. Unfortunately, it does great at what its supposed to do, kill pain. I wish you could get as good a pain killer without the high that certain people chase.

Just curious not judgemental , do you drink alcohol ?
Ibuprofen is not very good for your stomach wall.
It is the lesser of two evils here and that choice would be made by you and nobody else but you......! Brain ,alcohol ain't exactly
pumping iron mentally and does kill many cells throughout the body.

There is stuff out there and if people really need it , then so be it . I can't possibly tell anyone how they feel , pain level
etc. , nor can I judge anybody ! We have left a foot-print
and it ain't going away.

The powers that be should not scrutinize with no knowledge
that is easy enough to check, Age ,Driving ,Criminal , all records are there if they are to judge , maybe take the 20 or so minutes it would take to see who is who ?

larry_minn
10-24-2012, 22:42

I also have used/use the big 3. I have never gotten a "high" even when I took max, no relief, called Dr. who said "take another" Still no "high"
I still don't know what it feels like to get high. Morphine, many others in hospital and nothing. (then again I often wake up during surgury) Dr.s don't like it/thankfully I have never been in pain/feel things (except tube)

brisk21
10-24-2012, 22:44
Just curious not judgemental , do you drink alcohol ?
Ibuprofen is not very good for your stomach wall.
It is the lesser of two evils here and that choice would be made by you and nobody else but you......! Brain ,alcohol ain't exactly
pumping iron mentally and does kill many cells throughout the body.

There is stuff out there and if people really need it , then so be it . I can't possibly tell anyone how they feel , pain level
etc. , nor can I judge anybody ! We have left a foot-print
and it ain't going away.

The powers that be should not scrutinize with no knowledge
that is easy enough to check, Age ,Driving ,Criminal , all records are there if they are to judge , maybe take the 20 or so minutes it would take to see who is who ?

Yeah I drink a little. I don't really get "wasted". Maybe just a good buzz once in awhile. Alcohol abuse is whats bad for the brain. I don't live on Ibuprofen. I just used it in place of vicodin and other controlled substances. I agree people should not judge. I think people should be able to do whatever they want as long as their not hurting anyone.

dango
10-24-2012, 23:24
Yeah I drink a little. I don't really get "wasted". Maybe just a good buzz once in awhile. Alcohol abuse is whats bad for the brain. I don't live on Ibuprofen. I just used it in place of vicodin and other controlled substances. I agree people should not judge. I think people should be able to do whatever they want as long as their not hurting anyone.

Your not the problem , it is the profileing , stereo typing, the,
trends that can set your future quality off life in some cases
that disturbs me. It might be that I don't like your T-shirt and I don't even know your name yet ! The red Flag is up even before
you eye to eye with whom-ever ! Now this ,PERSON, might be way more FLawed then me, But is also the person that has that kind Biased , jaded , blindness that will Yeah or Neah my life !

A fine example: My wife and I were having problems early in our relationship. We go to said (PRO.) and before I let him start , I ask but one question first ! You do see this coming ?
Question: Have you ever been married..?
PRO.-Yes , three times....!
Well , you can't do it how can you help me..?
I politely smile , get up and walk out........!
Now , these people should be met with the same scrutiny , it
is My life they toy with and that SHOULD MATTER..!Who gave this man title :Shrink and marrage consillate..?

Fiery Red XIII
10-25-2012, 02:12
Don't feel too bad...blow into an "intoxylyzer" to start a car. Blow 0.125, then 0.000 1 minute later and let them tell you the machine is accurate...tests can lie/have flaws, but they won't admit it.

Red

holesinpaper
10-25-2012, 03:00
Obviously someone needs to do more drugs.

DaleGribble
10-25-2012, 04:05
(then again I often wake up during surgury) Dr.s don't like it/thankfully I have never been in pain/feel things (except tube)

If you weren't high on Oxy when you posted that then you must be delusional.

dango
10-25-2012, 05:52
Obviously someone needs to do more drugs.

Thank YOU ! No wonder I talk to myself a lot ...! Done !

frank4570
10-25-2012, 06:46
We are going back to the original spine center that put me on pain killers a number of years ago and talk to them. They do surgery and all kinds of stuff, but they are a pretty good drive and they are expensive. When I went to them the first time my quality of life went from very, very bad, to quite acceptable. So, we shall see.

Travclem
10-25-2012, 07:46
Was it a urine screen? Butrans is metalized mostly by the liver and excreted mainly in feces, only minimally by the renal system. what is excreted by the renal system is changed metabolites, not unchanged drug. If the patch is a 20mcg/hr patch the amount of metabolite in urine might be undetectable. Food for thought. You might try to get a pharmacist to vouch for you.

Unless a very specific lab test was used it is possible to have a false negative when the amount of substrate is so small.

series1811
10-25-2012, 07:46
I will say that I truly believe pain is different for different people. I have broken bones and not gone to the hospital until the next day, because it just didn't hurt. And, then been given pain pills prescriptions I didn't even fill, because I didn't have any pain.

No matter what happens to me as far as an injury, I always have a really sharp pain, and then it quickly fades to just a mild ache.

I try and imagine what it would be like if that sharp pain that I feel for a few minutes stayed with me, and I admit it would be unbearable.

larry_minn
10-25-2012, 09:43
If you weren't high on Oxy when you posted that then you must be delusional.

Just because this is not what YOU expect does not make it true. My family thought I must have dreamed it as well. The Dr. came out and said he was NOT used to pt trying to give advice While he is drilling thru their shin...
I have had too dang many. (Car accident) Also was awake during a dental "implants for teeth taken out by impact" I saw look on nurse's face. Stopped Dr doing drilling, They got head guy in and he took over. First one drilled THRU and off center. Had to get jaw built up for 2nd attempt.....
What really sad is some folks DO feel the pain. They just are not able to move/make noise. (torture) and Dr.s may not realize....
Drugs don't do same thing to all people. I can drive with "the big 3" better then most drivers with a coffee.
I actually doubt if mj would make me feel good for more then 20 minutes. (no desire to take any illegal/even legal drugs unless I NEED them) Pain pills for one month (taken as directed) last me 3+ yrs.

Texas357
10-28-2012, 21:29
Lots of people in pain management programs get tested like that. I know a pharmacist, works for the VA. He says a lot of them test negative for painkillers they insist they can't live without. Turns out they are selling them for cash, or trading them for other drugs.

Sad that we all get treated as suspects and have to prove ourselves legit to get continued medical treatment.

frank4570
10-28-2012, 21:55
Sad that we all get treated as suspects and have to prove ourselves legit to get continued medical treatment.

I can't really blame them.

Peace Warrior
10-28-2012, 22:10
Stop selling them man. :whistling:

Texas357
10-29-2012, 09:03
I can't really blame them.

What about people who take non-narcotic c2 drugs, who now (due to DEA rules) have to be physically seen by a doctor every 2 months just to get the Rx rewritten (there are no refills), no matter how many decades they have taken the drug without any signs of abuse? That wastes he doctor's time, he patient's time and money, and costs the insurance for an actual doctor visit.

There are bad patients and bad doctors, but the DEA is now more interested in catching typos and accidental violations than in going after the pill mills - kinda like how he ATF would rather build easy cases against texhnical violations than go after violent criminals.