Have you used JB Bore Paste in your Glock? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Have you used JB Bore Paste in your Glock?

RoadWarrior93
10-23-2012, 08:51
I use JB Bore Paste in my competition AR-15 with a stainless steel barrel, not sure if it ever increased the accuracy of the gun but it is still shooting 1 MOA at 600 yards so it is not hurting it.

What's the consensus on using it in your stock Glock barrel? Curious if anyone ever used/uses it and what's your thoughts if you should use it on your pistol. Thanks.

JBS
10-23-2012, 09:03
Works very well in a Glock bore. Far better than some of the aluminum oxide based polish/cleaners.

SCSU74
10-23-2012, 09:12
I use the plastic brush it came with, never needed anything more

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong

SJ 40
10-23-2012, 15:34
JB Bore cleaner a bench rest shooters standard since the 1950's.
If used per directions it will not harm a bore.
As of the last ten years or so some have gone to Flitz or Semi Chrome. AJ 40

bustedknee
10-23-2012, 17:03
There are only 2 substances that I use on my Glocks.

I clean with moonshine and lubricate with bear fat.

At 600 yards, with my G17, I can shoot a 1-shot group of less than 1/2 inch!

Every time!

:animlol:

dakrat
10-23-2012, 17:08
I dont see the need if your are only shooting jacketed/plated bullets. shooting cast/moly on the other hand....

Boot Stomper
10-23-2012, 18:03
There are only 2 substances that I use on my Glocks.

I clean with moonshine and lubricate with bear fat.

At 600 yards, with my G17, I can shoot a 1-shot group of less than 1/2 inch!

Every time!

:animlol:

WOW. That is impressive. :wow: You should sell that idea on the internet, someone will buy. :shocked: Very funny........:rofl:

DannyR
10-24-2012, 01:08
If you start off with a new barrel and clean it regularly, there is no need for the bore paste. If you buy a filthy used barrel, then soak the bore with Kano Kroil oil for about 20 minutes, then scrub it with bore paste, then clean it normally.:wavey:

Arc Angel
10-24-2012, 05:26
JB Bore cleaner has been a bench rest shooter's standard since the 1950's. If used per directions it will not harm a bore. As of the last ten years or so some have gone to Flitz or Simichrome. AJ 40

Beat me to it! ;)

I'm going to agree that a product like JB Bore Cleaner, or Flitz Metal Polish doesn't need to be used every time you fire the gun. That's, 'Why' I, also, keep Break-Free and Ballistol on my workbench. With the latter two cleaners a good overnight bore soak is required. With the former two cleaning pastes the job gets done in less than 15 minutes; BUT, there's also an infinitesimal amount of barrel wear taking place.

Personally, I like to use Flitz inside a bore before I put it away for awhile in the safe. This is because of the high wax content in the paste. One of my favorite storage procedures is to, first, use Flitz to leave a wax deposit behind. Then I go over the top of it with Sentry's, 'Smooth-Kote'.

To my mind this procedure gives the best of both worlds; and, over the past 5 or 6 years I haven't had any storage problems. (Which is more than I can say for the use of straight Ballistol and LONG TERM storage.)