Snap polls award debate to Obama [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Snap polls award debate to Obama

IndianaMatt
10-23-2012, 10:34
President Obama won Monday's foreign policy debate in a pair of instant polls, in one of them decisively.

Obvious. Romney has demonstrated nothing beyond only his desire to be president. That's not enough.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2012/10/23/obama-snap-polls-romney-foreign-policy-debate/1651291/

aircarver
10-23-2012, 10:37
Good luck with that. ... :upeyes:

Skyhook
10-23-2012, 10:52
Gee, I do confess to being amazed at Obama's lying and distortions of reality all the while resembling some wild man peeved at being caged.

Oh, and did I mention Obama's condescending, immature use of sarcasm? "We gots aircraft carriers, we gots submarines.." Golly, he sounded real presidential there, didn't he?

callihan_44
10-23-2012, 10:58
President Obama won Monday's foreign policy debate in a pair of instant polls, in one of them decisively.

Obvious. Romney has demonstrated nothing beyond only his desire to be president. That's not enough.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2012/10/23/obama-snap-polls-romney-foreign-policy-debate/1651291/

hmm, dead ambassador....you think he's doing a great job? muslim brotherhood in charge, how many dead in syria now? umyeah dont let the koolaid run down your chin

Clutch Cargo
10-23-2012, 11:04
Soooooo....Obama's debate average is .333. Lousy average if you ask me.

Guss
10-23-2012, 11:12
Gee, I do confess to being amazed at Obama's lying and distortions of reality all the while resembling some wild man peeved at being caged.
But when Romney acted like a wild man peeved at being caged in the first debate, people thought he was more dynamic.

wjv
10-23-2012, 11:18
Romney had one goal for the final debate. . DON'T eff UP!!

He accomplished that.

kensb2
10-23-2012, 11:19
Aggressive and peeved are 2 different things:

ag·gres·sive/əˈgresiv/

Adjective:

Ready or likely to attack or confront; characterized by or resulting from aggression.
Pursuing one's aims and interests forcefully, sometimes unduly so: "an aggressive businessman".
peeve (phttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/emacr.gifv)
tr.v. peeved, peev·ing, peeves To cause to be annoyed or resentful. See Synonyms at annoy (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/annoy).

n.1. A vexation; a grievance.
2. A resentful mood: in a peeve about the delays.

No matter how you spin it, Romney pulled it off better.

FFR Spyder GT
10-23-2012, 11:19
Soooooo....Romney's debate average is .333. Lousy average if you ask me.

Fixed it for you. Yes I agree especially since I give the 1st debate to Obama as well. Romney just told too many lies or was sadly uninformed.

For example, during the 1st debate the issue of getting a tax break from moving jobs overseas. Romney said it wasn't true or possible. During 2nd debate Obama mentioned it again and Romney had enough sense to keep his mouth shut or he took Obama's advice and got a new accountant. :tongueout:

Spyder

FFR Spyder GT
10-23-2012, 11:22
Romney had one goal for the final debate. . DON'T eff UP!!

He accomplished that.

Yeah, that's why polls show a 53%/23% in favor of Obama.

"DON'T eff UP!!"? I guess you didn't watch the debate. :rofl:

kensb2
10-23-2012, 11:24
Fixed it for you. Yes I agree especially since I give the 1st debate to Obama as well. Romney just told too many lies or was sadly uninformed.

For example, during the 1st debate the issue of getting a tax break from moving jobs overseas. Romney said it wasn't true or possible. During 2nd debate Obama mentioned it again and Romney had enough sense to keep his mouth shut or he took Obama's advice and got a new accountant. :tongueout:

Spyder

All your left wing media buddies gave the first debate to Romney in a landslide, and you still think Obama won? Really? :faint:

countrygun
10-23-2012, 11:28

Spyder

I had to quote this again

"Fixed it for you. Yes I agree especially since I give the 1st debate to Obama as well. Romney just told too many lies or was sadly uninformed.'

Was that + or- a 4.5 % margin of error, Mr.expert?

JFrame
10-23-2012, 11:28

Goode heavens -- you don't want to get into percentages again, do you? :dunno:

:upeyes:

QNman
10-23-2012, 11:30

Hey, J... You gotta admit... I called that one on the nose. :supergrin:

QNman
10-23-2012, 11:33
Goode heavens -- you don't want to get into percentages again, do you? :dunno:

:upeyes:

Math is hard... :wedgie:

JFrame
10-23-2012, 11:33
Hey, J... You gotta admit... I called that one on the nose. :supergrin:

Hah -- your perceptiveness in regard to "leftist-think" is duly noted... :notworthy:

;)

JFrame
10-23-2012, 11:35
Math is hard... :wedgie:

Let's just hope he doesn't try to get into fractions -- he might get an aneurysm... :whistling:

QNman
10-23-2012, 11:36
Let's just hope he doesn't try to get into fractions -- he might get an aneurysm... :whistling:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

IndianaMatt
10-23-2012, 11:42
All your left wing media buddies gave the first debate to Romney in a landslide, and you still think Obama won? Really? :faint:

Yeah, I do think he still won. By a landslide. Romney has so far shown only two things: 1) that he really wants to be president, and 2) that he will say anything to get elected, no matter what he's said in the past.

His changed positions on the issues are staggering. Abortion, gun rights, Afghanistan, the role of government, 47 percent, etc. etc.

What a sleaze.

Why can't conservatives just admit that Romney is a **** candidate, that you're only voting for him because he's not Obama?

kensb2
10-23-2012, 11:44
Yeah, I do think he still won. By a landslide. Romney has so far shown only two things: 1) that he really wants to be president, and 2) that he will say anything to get elected, no matter what he's said in the past.

His changed positions on the issues are staggering. Abortion, gun rights, Afghanistan, the role of government, 47 percent, etc. etc.

What a sleaze.

So by your logic, the left-leaning MSM is typically wrong about what they say? Please answer yes or no.

GWSHARK
10-23-2012, 12:08
rope-a-dope

JFrame
10-23-2012, 12:09
rope-a-dope

It's sad what that did to Ali's brain...

whoflungdo
10-23-2012, 12:20
It's sad what that did to Ali's brain...

Not just his. Apparently some posters here as well..

countrygun
10-23-2012, 12:37
Romney did not have to "win" on points. If, in this debate you were not assigning value to the points, i will concede that Obama may have scored more points, weighing the points is a different story and more subjective, granted. BUT nobody is going to switch chosen candidates at this point, the attle is for the undecideds. Those folks are undecided because they are actually thinking about the issues and the men, This is bad for Obama. Last night Obama was entertaining those already voting for him, Romney was being more "Presidential" and was speaking in terms more appealing to the undecideds. Remember, the only people applauding Obama's smart alec answers and smugness are the ones already voting for him. It didn't impress the undecideds.

10-23-2012, 13:00

What a sleaze.

Why can't conservatives just admit that Romney is a **** candidate, that you're only voting for him because he's not Obama?

Lets look at what Obama has done in the last year in a blatant attempt to get votes:

Executive Order 13623: Preventing and Responding to Violence Against Women and Girls Globally

Executive Order 13621: White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans

Executive Order - Establishing a White House Council on Strong Cities, Strong Communities

Executive Order 13594 - Instituting a National Action Plan on Women, Peace, and Security

Executive Order 13592 - Improving American Indian and Alaska Native Educational Opportunities and Strengthening Tribal Colleges and Universities

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

First Obama was against same-sex marriage. Then he ‘struggled’ with the issue. Now he endorses it.

The Evolution of Obama’s Position on Gay Marriage
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05/09/the-evolution-of-obama-s-position-on-gay-marriage-video.html

The very thing you accuse mittens of, Obama is doing and more.

Then there are his lies:

--“I promise 100% transparency in my administration.”.
--“I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year.”.
--“I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills.”.
--“I will remove earmarks from PORK projects before I sign any bill.”.
--“I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year.”.
--"I will bring ALL of our troops home within ONE year."
--“I’ll put the Health Care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table!”.
--“I’ll have no lobbyists in my administration."
--"I'll close Guantanamo."
--"I'll resign if I don't cut the deficit in half by the end of four years."
--"I'll unite the people of this great country."

FFR Spyder GT
10-23-2012, 13:44
Lets look at what Obama has done in the last year in a blatant attempt to get votes:

:

--“I promise 100% transparency in my administration.”.

Looks pretty clear.

--“I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year.”.

No new taxes for me!

--“I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills.”.

?????

--“I will remove earmarks from PORK projects before I sign any bill.”.

What's a PORK project? Oh that's something that's done in my district or state and not yours.

--“I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year.”.

Gee, I didn't realize that the POTUS wrote the Tax Code.

--"I will bring ALL of our troops home within ONE year."

Well, he did a pretty good job on that one.

--“I’ll put the Health Care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table!”.

+1. I tried to watch them but they were too boring.

--“I’ll have no lobbyists in my administration."

How many lobbyist are there?

--"I'll close Guantanamo."

Due to Public Outcry it was decided that it was in the best interest of the USA to keep it open.

--"I'll resign if I don't cut the deficit in half by the end of four years."

Screwed the pooch on that one.

--"I'll unite the people of this great country."

I guess he was talking about two different groups. :dunno:

Dang it's warm today.

Thanks Al Gore for Global Warming!

whoflungdo
10-23-2012, 13:54
Dang it's warm today.

Don't forget to thank him for the Internet you use to spread your lies and misinformation too...:wavey:

series1811
10-23-2012, 13:55
A glimpse into the mind of an Obama supporter. Thanks, (like we didn't already know what it would look like). :supergrin:

10-23-2012, 13:57
Dang it's warm today.

Those are all his promises, in his own words, none of which he kept.

BTW, why are Obama's records sealed, what does he have to hide?

wjv
10-23-2012, 15:27

Romney Wins CBS Focus Group In Ohio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6URuvgL2CKA&feature=youtu.be

Debates deliver favorability edge to Romney; now above 50% in rating
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/23/debates-deliver-favorability-edge-romney/

Rasmussen: Romney 50, Obama 46...

Rasmussen SWING STATE tracking poll: Romney +5 over Obama, +4 nationwide...

GALLUP: R 51, O 46...

winglock
10-23-2012, 16:36
But when Romney acted like a wild man peeved at being caged in the first debate, people thought he was more dynamic.

Let's see, we've had 4 debates all moderated by hardcore liberals that clearly were in the liberal corner. Guess you have to get a little aggressive huh. Obdumbo Criden should have easily won all debates with liberal moderators and liberal crowd.

QNman
10-23-2012, 16:47

What a sleaze.

Most on here have readily and repeatedly stated they are supporting Romney because he's not Obama. Why can't you admit you are voting for Obama because you are a leftist waiting for free swag?