Rabid Obama supporters boo 9y/o girl..NBC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rabid Obama supporters boo 9y/o girl..NBC

Skyhook
10-23-2012, 11:04
http://nation.foxnews.com/nbc-news/2012/10/23/nbc-news-audience-boos-9-year-old-girl-supporting-romney

Imagine booing a 9y/o for voicing her opinion... an opinion she was asked to state. Idiots. :steamed:

Bren
10-23-2012, 11:24
Typical and hardly an isolated example.

JFrame
10-23-2012, 11:30
Well, we are talking about the same people that would boo God...

John Rambo
10-23-2012, 11:38
Why is a 9 year old child involved in politics at all? A 9 year old child has no relevant opinion.

Cavalry Doc
10-23-2012, 11:39
Typical. :upeyes:

kensb2
10-23-2012, 11:42
Why is a 9 year old child involved in politics at all? A 9 year old child has no relevant opinion.

In 9 years, she will. Is it too early for kids to learn about politics, and what really goes on in the running of a nation? I encourage my 12 y/o to look into candidates for himself. I don't think that it's too early, per se. Her learning now, and not grasping all of it is better than waiting until she turns 18 and guessing who is the better choice.

Calico Jack
10-23-2012, 11:56

Yeah, it's better for them to wait and learn about politics from on MTV or in public schools.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Cavalry Doc
10-23-2012, 11:59

A 9 year old with good parents that are preparing her to go out into the world on her own in just 9 short years would not wait until the last minute to inform her. My kids have been asking questions about world events pretty much since they were
Old enough to know there was a world. Might have had something to do with daddy running off to participate in them since they were very young. My oldest was 10 months old when I left for Desert Storm. You have to explain those things to kids early on so they know why you had to be gone.

fgutie35
10-23-2012, 12:04
My 11year old son knows more about the political process and policies of both candidates than any of those ignorant lefties booing. Hell, he probably know more than the candidates themselves:supergrin:
At least he does not come out with the excuse to go to their websites to see the details.:rofl:

John Rambo
10-23-2012, 12:18
A 9 year old with good parents that are preparing her to go out into the world on her own in just 9 short years would not wait until the last minute to inform her. My kids have been asking questions about world events pretty much since they were
Old enough to know there was a world. Might have had something to do with daddy running off to participate in them since they were very young. My oldest was 10 months old when I left for Desert Storm. You have to explain those things to kids early on so they know why you had to be gone.

Oh, I agree. By all means educate them. They're children. Let them soak up the information. But what business do they have offering their opinion up to people? A 9 year old's mind isn't physically developed to the point of being able to comprehend and discuss such issues.

Not that I agree with booing at a child. But I'd like to come upside the parents' heads for being idiots just as much as the boo'ers.

cowboywannabe
10-23-2012, 12:20
hardly unexpected from democrats.

whoflungdo
10-23-2012, 12:37
hardly unexpected from democrats.

Yep. Especially those that preach tolerance...:whistling:

series1811
10-23-2012, 12:48

Yeah, because nothing that is done in politics affects their lives.

John Rambo
10-23-2012, 12:58
Yeah, because nothing that is done in politics affects their lives.

Seriously?

Its a 9 year old child.

I mean, I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Its a 9 year old child.

series1811
10-23-2012, 13:09
Seriously?

Its a 9 year old child.

Its a 9 year old child.

And, what is it intrinsically about a bright and aware, nine old child that makes them incapable of understanding politics as well or better than the average voter?

Explain that to me.

John Rambo
10-23-2012, 13:13
And, what is it intrinsically about a bright and aware, nine old child that makes them incapable of understanding politics as well or better than the average voter?

Explain that to me.

:rofl: No. I don't believe I, nor anyone else, could explain that to you. You have a good day, now.

aircarver
10-23-2012, 13:13

Explain that to me.

Wanna see some 'Obama-phone' voters for contrast ? ... :supergrin:

series1811
10-23-2012, 13:16
:rofl: No. I don't believe I, nor anyone else, could explain that to you. You have a good day, now.

Well, it appears we are in agreement. I don't think you could explain it to me, either.

series1811
10-23-2012, 13:17

I didn't want to make it too political, but that is along the lines of what I was thinking. That or the "Obama is going to give us money out of his stash" video. :supergrin:

sbhaven
10-23-2012, 13:20
:faint:
At what age should a child have a "relevant opinion" when politicians are busy spending the money the child will have to pay back when they reach adulthood?

She should be free to voice her opinion, especially when asked, since it's all she can do since she cannot vote her views yet.

John Rambo
10-23-2012, 13:26
At what age should a child have a "relevant opinion" when politicians are busy spending the money the child will have to pay back when they reach adulthood?

I say 16 is a good number. YMMV. But I'm pretty sure any sane human being would rattle off a number well above 9.

She should be free to voice her opinion, especially when asked, since it's all she can do since she cannot vote her views yet.

Okay, then if the child gets to give an opinion like anyone else, they get to be boo'd for sounding like an idiot like anyone else. And a 9 year old would, of course, perpetually sound like an idiot in political conversations because they are a 9 year old child.

You know what you say to a 9 year old when they try to speak to adults in an adult conversation?

"Quiet. Grown ups are talking."

Apparently that should be said to some people on this site, too.

A 9 year old child's brain is physically not developed enough to reason on the level required for such conversations. Its not physically possible, barring some kind of freak of nature child genius. I was under the impression that this kind of information was common knowledge.

series1811
10-23-2012, 13:28
You know what you say to a 9 year old when they try to speak to adults in an adult conversation?

A 9 year old child's brain is physically not developed enough to reason on the level required for such conversations. Its not physically possible, barring some kind of freak of nature child genius. I was under the impression that this kind of information was common knowledge.

Please make me feel better by telling me you don't have any kids.

CigarandScotch
10-23-2012, 14:45
Regardless of the "relevance" issue, booing a child is just simply not done. Anyone who does is scum.

Skyhook
10-23-2012, 14:45
Seriously?

Its a 9 year old child.

Its a 9 year old child.

Well, so's Obama, but you take him seriously. :supergrin:

Skyhook
10-23-2012, 14:49

Yes.
When my children speak, I take their words and thoughts seriously. I care.
I guess I am just not as likely to dismiss someone as others are.
Kids know a helluva lot more than some adults allow.

IvanVic
10-23-2012, 14:57

Explain that to me.

Your posts sometimes have me wondering if you're really just screwing with us.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Sendarr
10-23-2012, 15:16
Oh, I agree. By all means educate them. They're children. Let them soak up the information. But what business do they have offering their opinion up to people? A 9 year old's mind isn't physically developed to the point of being able to comprehend and discuss such issues.

Not that I agree with booing at a child. But I'd like to come upside the parents' heads for being idiots just as much as the boo'ers.

Wasn't the kid asked her opinion? It's not as if the 9 year old kid is publishing her own political blog or something. If she had said "scooby Soo" people would have "awwwwed", but because they don't like romney they boo a kid. This isn't about whether a kid is capable of having a political opinion, its about how ****ty it was to boo her.

countrygun
10-23-2012, 15:17
I say 16 is a good number. YMMV. But I'm pretty sure any sane human being would rattle off a number well above 9.

Okay, then if the child gets to give an opinion like anyone else, they get to be boo'd for sounding like an idiot like anyone else. And a 9 year old would, of course, perpetually sound like an idiot in political conversations because they are a 9 year old child.

And there are people in Pakistan who think a 14 year-old girl has no business with an education either.

You guys related by chance?

BuzznRose
10-23-2012, 15:27
But it was 'cute' when that Honey Boo Boo kid endorses BHO.

Liberals are hypocrites

countrygun
10-23-2012, 15:29
But it was 'cute' when that Honey Boo Boo kid endorses BHO.

Liberals are hypocrites

what is even more revealing is that the discussion here was about the ADULTs reactions, and in typical fashion a liberal shows up and blames the victim.

series1811
10-23-2012, 15:42
Your posts sometimes have me wondering if you're really just screwing with us.

So, you're going to tell me that you've never met a 9 year old, bright enough (in fact, brighter that many adults, like the ones that frequently get interviewed) to understand the difference in say, conservative versus liberal viewpoints?

You're making me feel much better how smart my kids are. :supergrin:

IvanVic
10-23-2012, 18:23
No, for the same reason there aren't many 9 year old authors writing timeless classics on love, war, good and evil and the nature of man and the universe. Politics deal with some of these themes, themes that a child (and apparently some adults) do not have the life experience or insight required to comprehend them on any meaningful level.

Gunnut 45/454
10-23-2012, 18:27
Pretty clear the Dumocrats war on women is still on going - now we include kids! Dispicable behavoir!:steamed:

countrygun
10-23-2012, 18:28
No, for the same reason there aren't many 9 year old authors writing timeless classics on love, war, good and evil and the nature of man and the universe. Politics deal with some of these themes, themes that a child (and apparently some adults) do not have the life experience or insight required to comprehend them on any meaningful level.

And apparently liberals acting like children and booing a child is acceptable to you.

Youwere probably OK with the teacher who taught the kids the "Obama song" though, right?

No problem with Honey-Bo Bo's endorsement either.

IvanVic
10-23-2012, 18:58
And apparently liberals acting like children and booing a child is acceptable to you.

Youwere probably OK with the teacher who taught the kids the "Obama song" though, right?

What the hell does this booing incident or some Obama song have to do with what I said? Do you just purposely say stupid things like this to start conflict?

countrygun
10-23-2012, 19:05
What the hell does this booing incident or some Obama song have to do with what I said? Do you just purposely say stupid things like this to start conflict?

It is the adults behavior that is the real issue, but you are justifying it.

Cavalry Doc
10-23-2012, 19:12

Wow. Just wow. Every once in a while, you will be taught a moment of wisdom by a child, if you are able to listen.

You've probably missed a lot, and never knew it. I'm sad for you. Part of parenting is leading. In order to lead effectively, your subordinates have to either fear or respect you. If you beat them, they will fear you. They will also stab you in the back when given a chance. If you show you care for them as people, and respect them, they will respect you back and follow you through difficult situations.

I always ask nice......... the first time.

JRH
10-23-2012, 20:19
http://nation.foxnews.com/nbc-news/2012/10/23/nbc-news-audience-boos-9-year-old-girl-supporting-romney

Imagine booing a 9y/o for voicing her opinion... an opinion she was asked to state. Idiots. :steamed:

Similar to a lady that was asked to video a recent convention... Peanuts anyone?:popcorn:

LASTRESORT20
10-23-2012, 22:23
Seriously?

Its a 9 year old child.

Its a 9 year old child.

A 9 year is a human being with feelings and emotions...and able to communicate and think....They are somebody.....No reason for Adult Liberal scum to embarrass and attack them...:upeyes:

IvanVic
10-24-2012, 05:10
It is the adults behavior that is the real issue, but you are justifying it.

We aren't talking about the adults in this video. We were discussing the mental development of children vs adults and how it relates to their ability to understand complex things.

Take a step back. Take a breather, man. Stop trying to inject Obama into every conversation, it's nauseating.

kirgi08
10-24-2012, 05:20
That kid has as much right ta speak his/her mind as you do.Don't think age makes it any less important or poignant.'08.

G17Jake
10-24-2012, 05:24

:rofl: Good point.

Skyhook
10-24-2012, 05:31
That kid has as much right ta speak his/her mind as you do.Don't think age makes it any less important or poignant.'08.

Well said.

AND that should be doubly so when one considers this child was asked her opinion by an adult....

Showing blatant disrespect for her thinking teaches her what, exactly? Maybe it is time the tyke learns that not all big people are actually mature adults? There's a good lesson, perhaps.:cool:

happyguy
10-24-2012, 05:42
Having a fully developed brain is not a prerequisite to having an opinion. If you doubt that, just speak to a Democrat.

Personally, I would not put my 9 y.o. child in the position that ones parents did.

Children should be allowed to lead the Pledge of Allegience and what not but if you put them out there supporting a candidate don't be suprised if something like this happens.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Skyhook
10-24-2012, 05:49
Having a fully developed brain is not a prerequisite to having an opinion. If you doubt that, just speak to a Democrat.

Personally, I would not put my 9 y.o. child in the position that ones parents did.

Children should be allowed to lead the Pledge of Allegience and what not but if you put them out there supporting a candidate don't be suprised if something like this happens.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

As parents we all make choices and even if we disagree with each others choices for our children, most of us would not 'pile on' when a 9y/o says something.

Liberals like those that child was subjected to are really often not nice people. I know some... see lots of others in motion, and ....:whistling:

ChuteTheMall
10-24-2012, 06:38
I was under the impression that this kind of information was common knowledge.

What are you, ten?

:tongueout:

When I was her age, I knew who the presidential candidates were, I knew a handful of facts about each one, I knew who my parents supported, and why. We aren't all slow learners.

Someone much smarter than either of us understood:
“Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

whoflungdo
10-24-2012, 07:32
what is even more revealing is that the discussion here was about the ADULTs reactions, and in typical fashion a liberal shows up and blames the victim.

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner..

series1811
10-24-2012, 08:43
We aren't talking about the adults in this video.

We should be.

countrygun
10-24-2012, 12:54
We aren't talking about the adults in this video. We were discussing the mental development of children vs adults and how it relates to their ability to understand complex things.

Take a step back. Take a breather, man. Stop trying to inject Obama into every conversation, it's nauseating.

You really are a self-centered liberal &%*%$

Take a look at the thread title,

"Rabid Obama supporters boo 9y/o girl..NBC"

Does that say "9 year old talking Politics"? No

the first 4 words set the topic of this thread, but YOU try to twist it around.

"Inject Obama into every thread"???? His name is the second word in the thread title.

First you blame the victim, and then as an Obama supporter you try and PLAY the victim. You completely ignore the thread title to try and twist the topic.

Yup you are definitely a liberal.

BuzznRose
10-24-2012, 15:02
You really are a self-centered liberal &%*%$

CG, LOL!

you spelled that wrong. It's @$$#013

RyanSBHF
10-24-2012, 19:15

Stay classy, liberals. :upeyes:

countrygun
10-24-2012, 19:23
Stay classy, liberals. :upeyes:

Oh wait, according to "Ivan Vic" this thread is all about why someone was letting a child talk about politics, it has nothing to do with the actions of the adults.:upeyes:

ICARRY2
10-24-2012, 19:42
Looks like msnbc just lost another viewer.

Looks like FNC just gained another viewer. :)