Frog Lube & Leading [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Frog Lube & Leading

EL_NinO619
10-23-2012, 11:41
Lets just say I was not a believer in this whole frog lube idea until the other day. I applied it to my AR & .45acp, with very little expectations. I shot about 600 rounds Sunday between both calibers. Well my guns have never been so clean after a range trip. There was barley any fouling on either of them and it just wiped off with a rag. Then I ran a patch down the barrels and again it looked like I only shot 10 rounds. This got me wondering, Do you think frog lube could help prevent barrel leading. I know the real solution to zero leading is size and speed, but for rookies like me, it happens. So I wonder could this help, or does leading really just get stuck between the lands so it would not make a difference. I may do some research because I have about 500 230 Lrn that last time leaded my barrel pretty good. Makes me wonder :dunno:

TKM
10-23-2012, 12:19
Off to P2K with you then.

It's for science.

I leaded my 500 so badly strands were hanging out the muzzle and I was key-holing at 7 yards. After FL.:dunno:

Arc Angel
10-23-2012, 12:40
Another way to get rid of lead INSIDE the bore is to use Sentry Solutions, 'Smooth-Kote'. While you can't use Smooth-Kote anywhere you make skin contact with the gun it, also, leaves your bore looking like the gun has been only lightly used; and it cleans up real fast, too. In fact, Sentry recommends that you leave the leftover moly residue inside the bore: Lightly brush out the barrel and, then, add some more Smooth-Kote.

(Which is PASSIVATED molybdenum; and, in the 5 years I've been using it, hasn't attracted any moisture yet.)

sig357fan
10-23-2012, 13:21
.... I may do some research because I have about 500 230 Lrn that last time leaded my barrel pretty good. Makes me wonder :dunno:

Iíve not gotten any Frog Lube but the description of its consistency, sent and how well it minimize fouling makes me think of ďWonder Lube 1000Ē, a lube used on patches and conical bullets for black powder rifles. If itís similar than it will most probably help with leading.

If you are going to the trouble of testing, maybe use Wonder Lube 1000 as a control to compare to the Frog Lube.

Sig357fan

EL_NinO619
10-23-2012, 13:30
This stuff?
Amazon.com: Rightnour Mfg Co Ox-Yoke Wonder Lube 1000+ 4Oz: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31JvK8twQeL.@@AMEPARAM@@31JvK8twQeL

sig357fan
10-25-2012, 04:50
This stuff?
Amazon.com: Rightnour Mfg Co Ox-Yoke Wonder Lube 1000+ 4Oz: Sports & Outdoors (http://www.amazon.com/Rightnour-Mfg-Co-Ox-Yoke-Wonder/dp/B003WHLYDU)

yup, thats the stuff.

I use to mix that with parifin wax to make bullet lube, then I found White Label lube, havn't needed to make lube for some time now.

sig357fan

wdphillips
10-26-2012, 15:50
I have some of that Frog Lube. It reminds me of Thompson's Bore Butter. I have used it on my Glock barrels. I have no idea if it works but, in my opinion, it cannot hurt!

unclebob
10-26-2012, 16:32
I understand how it is supposed to work. But on a Glock, I donít see how it could penetrate the Tenifer to do any good?:dunno: