Pearce Grip for Glock 30SF [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pearce Grip for Glock 30SF

MCA
10-23-2012, 19:32
I am about to start carrying my Glock 30sf IWB (holster still TBD). I have a Pearce "pinky" grip on my Glock 26, love it, and was thinking of doing the same for my 30sf.

Any other 30/30sf owners out there that have done this and if so I would appreciate your thoughts on the subject?

I do get the occasional pinch on my pinkie finger from the 10 round magazine while shooting but it is something that I have gotten used to. Maybe this mod will help?

In general, does the Pearce Grip hinder CC in any way?

A big thank you, in advance, for your thoughts and opinions!

--Michael

Pimp gun
10-23-2012, 19:34
I use them on my Glock 30sf and I like them and feel lost if I use a mag without the pearce

MCA
10-23-2012, 20:27
Thanks for the reply PG. I appreciate it.

Cheers...Michael

III_M1KE_III
10-23-2012, 20:31
Absolutely love em. Grip feels just right with them. Not a fan of the oem 10rd floor plate for the 30SF. Have them on all my 10rd mags.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

MCA
10-23-2012, 20:50
Thank you as well M1ke! Happy to hear it. I just ordered them for all of my 30sf mag's.

For what it's worth I am a Sun Diego Native, born and raised, lived there my whole life and just moved to South Carolina about 6 months ago. I miss the incredible mexican food and the beach but I am falling in love with the South.

Thanks again....Michael

III_M1KE_III
10-23-2012, 23:56
South Carolina is some beautiful country right there. Very nice quality of living. Enjoy it! You will never be able to match the Mexican Food of San Diego... but your waistline and cholesterol levels are probably better off without it!

Enjoy your G30SF. After picking up my 30SF last year, my wife inhereted the G26 and I never looked back. I consider the G30SF one of Glock's best all around pistols.

To clarify my earlier comment, I use the PG-30 for all of my 10rd magazines, but keep the standard glock floorplate for my 9rd magazines. I feel the PG-29 no longer serves a purpose after Glock transitioned over to the 10rd magazine as the default offering for the G30/SF. If you don't like a dangling pinky with 9rd magazines, it would be a much better option to buy some 10rd magazines and add the PG-30 floorplate to improve grip comfort. That way you would have the OEM 9rd magazine for "deep cover" and the 10rd magazines with PG-30s for all other applications. My two cents.

Thank you as well M1ke! Happy to hear it. I just ordered them for all of my 30sf mag's.

For what it's worth I am a Sun Diego Native, born and raised, lived there my whole life and just moved to South Carolina about 6 months ago. I miss the incredible mexican food and the beach but I am falling in love with the South.

Thanks again....Michael

MCA
10-24-2012, 17:18
Thanks again for taking the time to reply Mike. I agree 100%. Funny...my wife took over my Golck 26 as well.

One last personal question if you have the time: Once you put the Pearce PG-30 on did you ever feel the need to add any type of grip as well? I was thinking about the Talon Rubberized grips for the 30sf to help aid in one-handed and off-handed shooting as well as the sweat factor.

I will research GT to see if I can find the answer as well regarding this particular platform.

Oh yeah...the Southern BBQ has taken the place of good Mexican food. Oh well....

Cheers...

III_M1KE_III
10-24-2012, 17:26
I have never felt the need for additional grip texture, however, I do not carry IWB (where body sweat could possibly come into contact with the grip) and my hands generally do not sweat (as you know.... not much humidity in San Diego). Because the Gen 3s have a slick frame finish I can see why one might want to add grip panel decals. I, however, have never felt the need for any more texture.

Mmmmmm .... BBQ. My dinner plans have now been decided. Thanks.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

wdp
10-24-2012, 17:27
I happen to like my Pierce grip but that's just my opinion and everyone has their own likes. In NY we are limited to 10 rounds so +1 is not an option here. I find the PG more usefull on my G27 than the G30.