Another Tawana Brawley type incident [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another Tawana Brawley type incident

JuneyBooney
10-23-2012, 20:15
http://now.msn.com/sharmeka-moffitt-lousiana-woman-may-have-faked-hate-crime?

This is where the victim should go to a mental ward and be committed for a long time. Incidents like this cause racial tensions to go sky high and actually put the potential for serious riots right to the forefront. :steamed:

automatic slim
10-23-2012, 21:15
I must say JuneyBooney, that chick is LooneyTooney....:wavey:

JBnTX
10-23-2012, 21:19
Clearly a cry for help.

Dalton Wayne
10-23-2012, 21:32
this crap just burns me up

aplcr0331
10-23-2012, 21:58
If racism in America is so bad, why do we have so many race hoaxes? These happen quite enough that I am remember at least 8-10 off the top of my head going back to TB.

Airborne Infantryman
10-23-2012, 22:07
Is it bad that I just don't care about this? I'll go ahead and say what everyone else is too big of a ***** to say-

If a black person commits a crime against a white person, it goes unnoticed.

If a white person commits a crime against a black person, its a hate crime.

I don't feel sorry for her, nor do I care if she lives or dies.

If it were a white/asian/hispanic person who did the same thing, my thoughts would be the same. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

There's not a damn reason to hate another person because of their race.....it makes no sense.

Good ****ing God, at this rate, I'd rather be back in Afghanistan, than have to witness the continuing downfall of society. At this rate, Afghanistan has us beat as a society in terms of being more refined.....and they use their left hand to wipe their ass... </ Rant>

JuneyBooney
10-23-2012, 22:41
Is it bad that I just don't care about this? I'll go ahead and say what everyone else is too big of a ***** to say-

If it were a white/asian/hispanic person who did the same thing, my thoughts would be the same. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

There's not a damn reason to hate another person because of their race.....it makes no sense.

Good ****ing God, at this rate, I'd rather be back in Afghanistan, than have to witness the continuing downfall of society. At this rate, Afghanistan has us beat as a society in terms of being more refined.....and they use their left hand to wipe their ass... </ Rant>

I think most fully agree but they are afraid to say it openly in our libtarded society. :whistling:

JuneyBooney
10-23-2012, 22:42

That is kind of funny considering what she did. :faint:

Drain You
10-23-2012, 23:00
I wish I could go push on her with a spatula.

Random
10-24-2012, 02:29
I'll go ahead and say what everyone else is too big of a ***** to say-

Good ****ing God, at this rate, I'd rather be back in Afghanistan, than have to witness the continuing downfall of society. </ Rant>

I know it's just "white whine" and a way for people here to vent and feel pity for each other at how victimized they feel, but every now and again I just have to stop and wonder if you really feel this way.

1) "I'll just go ahead and say what everyone is too ***** to say-"

Is the 'white victim' really your default when you think of the people here? In my years here I am certain they are highly represented, but do you really think you're speaking for every GlockTalk member here or just the whiners?

2) "If a black person commits a crime against a white person, it goes unnoticed."

I've no question to ask about this one. Just wanted to make sure you actually read what you write. You can ask yourself if that sounds stupid, revelatory, enlightened, or bigoted.

3) "I don't feel sorry for her, nor do I care if she lives or dies."

Remember those AFN commercials that talk about how if you identify yourself as a servicemember you're speaking on behalf of that organization and that is frowned upon? I'm gonna lean out there and identify myself with USN/USMC affiliation (corpsman type) and say that I DO care whether another American lives or dies. Appears the Army rolls a little differently. I guess some people want more and others are just in it for a paycheck.

4) "There's not a reason to hate another person because of their race.....it makes no sense."

Very true, but sadly that is not the America we live in. Racial hatred has always been a part of America. We'll brag on the good stuff all day, but shamefully ignore that racial injustice rode right alongside those accomplishments. There's never been a time in Americas history when it didn't. You're longing for an America from the 'old days' that never existed.

5) "at this rate, I'd rather be back in Afghanistan, than have to witness the continuing downfall of society."

No, you don't or you would be there. There's still a mission there. Is someone stopping you from going? Apparently not a love of the country you're claiming you want to abandon than fight to change. The "if things don't go the way I imagine I want them to I'm running off to Canada" schtick got overplayed several years ago. Nobody did it. Nobody on GlockTalk. None of the celebrities. Neither will you.

NeverMore1701
10-24-2012, 03:54
I know it's just "white whine" and a way for people here to vent and feel pity for each other at how victimized they feel, but every now and again I just have to stop and wonder if you really feel this way.

Is the 'white victim' really your default when you think of the people here? In my years here I am certain they are highly represented, but do you really think you're speaking for every GlockTalk member here or just the whiners?

2) "If a black person commits a crime against a white person, it goes unnoticed."

I've no question to ask about this one. Just wanted to make sure you actually read what you write. You can ask yourself if that sounds stupid, revelatory, enlightened, or bigoted.

Remember those AFN commercials that talk about how if you identify yourself as a servicemember you're speaking on behalf of that organization and that is frowned upon? I'm gonna lean out there and identify myself with USN/USMC affiliation (corpsman type) and say that I DO care whether another American lives or dies. Appears the Army rolls a little differently. I guess some people want more and others are just in it for a paycheck.

4) "There's not a reason to hate another person because of their race.....it makes no sense."

Very true, but sadly that is not the America we live in. Racial hatred has always been a part of America. We'll brag on the good stuff all day, but shamefully ignore that racial injustice rode right alongside those accomplishments. There's never been a time in Americas history when it didn't. You're longing for an America from the 'old days' that never existed.

5) "at this rate, I'd rather be back in Afghanistan, than have to witness the continuing downfall of society."

No, you don't or you would be there. There's still a mission there. Is someone stopping you from going? Apparently not a love of the country you're claiming you want to abandon than fight to change. The "if things don't go the way I imagine I want them to I'm running off to Canada" schtick got overplayed several years ago. Nobody did it. Nobody on GlockTalk. None of the celebrities. Neither will you.

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Airborne Infantryman
10-24-2012, 06:19

:chatter::wave:

harleypilot
10-25-2012, 04:15

:rofl:

Bren
10-25-2012, 05:13

I don't see what's strange - maybe from having been involved with law enforcement and corrections most of my life, I've seen more of it, but you can just check the UCR statistics if you need to verify that "white victim" is the default of crime in general and black vs. white crime in particular.

I'm guessing you think it sounds "bigoted" because you are conditioned to think so - the evidence doesn't lead to the same conclusion. In fact, I'll bet that you wouldn't think it was "bigoted" if he said the opposite. Your own prejudice shows through the remark.

I guess so - I share his lack of caring.

And it will continue as long as people like you look at minorities differently than whites.

I'd like to go back too - it's not that easy. The Navy may be different, but the Army is full of people who will jump on a deployment in a second. Last time we sent a detachment to Afghanistan, they started calling up people to see if they wanted to volunteer and they all did - never even got as far as a general call for volunteers. All I heard were complaints from the people who didn't get called.

BTW, he said nothing about "abandoning" the country - your comment that wanting to serve in Afghanistan in the U.S. Army is abandoning the country is ridiculous.

Random
10-25-2012, 07:04
I don't see what's strange - maybe from having been involved with law enforcement and corrections most of my life, I've seen more of it, but you can just check the UCR statistics if you need to verify that "white victim" is the default of crime in general and black vs. white crime in particular.

I'm guessing you think it sounds "bigoted" because you are conditioned to think so - the evidence doesn't lead to the same conclusion. In fact, I'll bet that you wouldn't think it was "bigoted" if he said the opposite. Your own prejudice shows through the remark.

I guess so - I share his lack of caring.

And it will continue as long as people like you look at minorities differently than whites.

I'd like to go back too - it's not that easy. The Navy may be different, but the Army is full of people who will jump on a deployment in a second. Last time we sent a detachment to Afghanistan, they started calling up people to see if they wanted to volunteer and they all did - never even got as far as a general call for volunteers. All I heard were complaints from the people who didn't get called.

BTW, he said nothing about "abandoning" the country - your comment that wanting to serve in Afghanistan in the U.S. Army is abandoning the country is ridiculous.

Hmm, looks like we read the same (first) paragraph and took away two different meanings.

I read: "Is it bad that I just don't care about this? I'll go ahead and say what everyone else is too big of a ***** to say-
If a white person commits a crime against a black person, its a hate crime."

You somehow took away from that that blacks commit more crimes against whites and you figured you agree. I don't know how you pulled that out of what he was saying, but that's cool. It's an interesting translation at least.

I'm gonna stick with my reading comprehension on this one and address what he actually said. I'm re-reading it right now and it comes off the same way as before. As a self-pitying whine that only says things that are either completely idiotic or untrue.

Poster said he would say what everyone was too afraid to say. I call bs. Wasn't what I wanted to say. Maybe it's what YOU wanted to say, but not me. Assuming everyone here is on the same (I see where I lost you on my reply) "I'm a white person. I'm a victim. The world is oppressing me" page is silly and naive. Speak for yourself. Don't pretend everyone else here are cowards and you're the one man brave enough to speak for the meek mass. He just called everyone else here *******, you included. Did you not catch that? Man, it's a good thing he was here to speak for you.

"If a black person commits a crime against a white person, it goes unnoticed."

You think I'm bigoted for questioning this? I would think anyone that didn't question this would have to be a little soft in the head. I don't even know what to think about someone trying to defend it. Go back to those crime stats YOU listed. Apparently there's a big zero in the column for black on white crime. My question was "Is it venting or do the whiners truly believe this?" It seems not only do they believe it, but they will defend it. Impressive.

Hey, there's no rule saying you have to care about your fellow man or woman much less a mentally unstable one. I pointed out that if you wear your military position on your shoulder it is bad form as you are speaking for your institution. If you don't care about how that reflects on them more power to you. We all have differing levels of commitment, honor, an respect for the uniform. Heck, maybe it's just a life-saving thing. If I were an artilleryman, translator, or a radioman maybe I would care less.

Pretending two things are identical doesn't eradicate hate. If you were/are military you've seen female integration into various duties primarily available only to men. Pretending men and women are the same doesn't change the reality that men and women are different. Think that seeing everyone as the same is the answer is just mental ************. A quick oversimplified answer while ignoring how deep things really go.

Lastly, going back to Afghanistan. Try reading his post. YOU knee-jerked to duty. Nothing wrong with that. Just shows that when you think Afghanistan you think duty. Problem is that wasn't what he said. I suggested he go back as part of the US Military. There are plenty of other ways to get into Afghanistan. The poster you're defending said that Afghanistan is more refined as a society and that he would rather live there than in the US watching its downfall. Now, assuming all men have a duty and obligation to change this country for the better saying you would rather go elsewhere sounds an awful lot like cowardice to me. One or the other. Duty and obligation or free to bail if you think the ship is sinking. They can't both be honorable.
Try reading it again.

"Good ****ing God, at this rate, I'd rather be back in Afghanistan, than have to witness the continuing downfall of society. At this rate, Afghanistan has us beat as a society in terms of being more refined.....and they use their left hand to wipe their ass..."

Airborne Infantryman
10-25-2012, 07:39
You're very misinformed, sir. It's sad, actually. Fact is, you don't know me, you don't know where I've been, or what I've done in the Army, nor do you know anything about my sense of duty or honor.

Would it surprise you if my BLACK brother-in-law feels the same way as I do on all this? :wavey:

The majority of the time, when a black mob beats the **** out of a white person, its "assault and battery".

If a white mob beats the **** out of a black person, its 9 times out of 10, a hate crime, even if there was no racially biased intent.

Call me a bigot, or biased, or whatever you may; I don't care. :cool:

Hmm, looks like we read the same (first) paragraph and took away two different meanings.

I read: "Is it bad that I just don't care about this? I'll go ahead and say what everyone else is too big of a ***** to say-

You somehow took away from that that blacks commit more crimes against whites and you figured you agree. I don't know how you pulled that out of what he was saying, but that's cool. It's an interesting translation at least.

I'm gonna stick with my reading comprehension on this one and address what he actually said. I'm re-reading it right now and it comes off the same way as before. As a self-pitying whine that only says things that are either completely idiotic or untrue.

Poster said he would say what everyone was too afraid to say. I call bs. Wasn't what I wanted to say. Maybe it's what YOU wanted to say, but not me. Assuming everyone here is on the same (I see where I lost you on my reply) "I'm a white person. I'm a victim. The world is oppressing me" page is silly and naive. Speak for yourself. Don't pretend everyone else here are cowards and you're the one man brave enough to speak for the meek mass. He just called everyone else here *******, you included. Did you not catch that? Man, it's a good thing he was here to speak for you.

"If a black person commits a crime against a white person, it goes unnoticed."

You think I'm bigoted for questioning this? I would think anyone that didn't question this would have to be a little soft in the head. I don't even know what to think about someone trying to defend it. Go back to those crime stats YOU listed. Apparently there's a big zero in the column for black on white crime. My question was "Is it venting or do the whiners truly believe this?" It seems not only do they believe it, but they will defend it. Impressive.

Hey, there's no rule saying you have to care about your fellow man or woman much less a mentally unstable one. I pointed out that if you wear your military position on your shoulder it is bad form as you are speaking for your institution. If you don't care about how that reflects on them more power to you. We all have differing levels of commitment, honor, an respect for the uniform. Heck, maybe it's just a life-saving thing. If I were an artilleryman, translator, or a radioman maybe I would care less.

Pretending two things are identical doesn't eradicate hate. If you were/are military you've seen female integration into various duties primarily available only to men. Pretending men and women are the same doesn't change the reality that men and women are different. Think that seeing everyone as the same is the answer is just mental ************. A quick oversimplified answer while ignoring how deep things really go.

Lastly, going back to Afghanistan. Try reading his post. YOU knee-jerked to duty. Nothing wrong with that. Just shows that when you think Afghanistan you think duty. Problem is that wasn't what he said. I suggested he go back as part of the US Military. There are plenty of other ways to get into Afghanistan. The poster you're defending said that Afghanistan is more refined as a society and that he would rather live there than in the US watching its downfall. Now, assuming all men have a duty and obligation to change this country for the better saying you would rather go elsewhere sounds an awful lot like cowardice to me. One or the other. Duty and obligation or free to bail if you think the ship is sinking. They can't both be honorable.
Try reading it again.

"Good ****ing God, at this rate, I'd rather be back in Afghanistan, than have to witness the continuing downfall of society. At this rate, Afghanistan has us beat as a society in terms of being more refined.....and they use their left hand to wipe their ass..."

Random
10-25-2012, 09:00
I think I see YOUR error. I aaalmost feel a little like Bill Clinton saying this, but "it depends on what your definition of IT is."

I will once again show you what you wrote.

"If a black person commits a crime against a white person, it goes unnoticed.

Apparently as long as it's against a white person black people are getting away with crimes left and right. That is simply amazing!! I can't believe no one has any evidence of a black person committing a crime against a white person. It's either that or you're being overly dramatic.

Congratulations on knowing a black person. A black brother in law doesn't surprise me. Now, if you had a black child- someone introduced into your life by choice- I could've been mildly taken aback. And no, I'm not surprised that he agrees with your version of this conversation.
I don't see how that is supposed to lend validation to the statement that crimes that black people commit against white people are invisible. Maybe you should ask him to read this thread. You apparently can't see where you misspoke, but maybe he can.

**edited to add** Oh yeah, I don't know you. I'm only going by what you've put forth in this thread.

1)You are or were affiliated with the US Army
2)You don't care if a woman lives or dies
3)You don't like seeing where our country is headed
4)You would rather go to Afghanistan as you see them as being a more "refined society"
5)You are less of a ***** than everyone else here

If you didn't put any of this forth I apologize. Maybe you left your account logged on and someone is pranking you.

tsmo1066
10-25-2012, 10:46
This lady has serious mental issues.

This case reminds me of the Bonnie Sweeten case where a mother faked her own kidnapping and claimed two black men had abducted her when in reality she was on a vacation to Disneyland with her child.

Of course Bonnie Sweeten got sentenced to more than 8 years in jail for that stunt...

Bigpoppie50
10-25-2012, 11:38
Anyone remember Susan Smith in South Carolina. If one of her family members had not step forward some innocent people(s) would have been put to death or in jail for life instead of her.

OdinIII
10-25-2012, 11:54
Anyone remember Susan Smith in South Carolina. If one of her family members had not step forward some innocent people(s) would have been put to death or in jail for life instead of her.

Who would these "people" be? They would have charged and convicted random innocent people?

aplcr0331
10-25-2012, 12:49

Yep, I remember her. I remember the Duke Rape Case too, along with Azalea Cooley, Cornelius Weaver, along with a couple of college "professors" who had hate crimes against them and then it turned out they did it to themselves.

randrew379
10-25-2012, 13:07
Yep, I remember her. I remember the Duke Rape Case too, along with Azalea Cooley, Cornelius Weaver, along with a couple of college "professors" who had hate crimes against them and then it turned out they did it to themselves.

Re: The Duke rape case

I live in the Chapel Hill/Durham area. The accuser in that case, Crystal Magnum, has repeated serious offenses since that debacle: I believe her murder trial is to begin soon.

GWSHARK
10-25-2012, 13:10

Clearly you are just upset... you can't possibly really believe that. Have you seen incarceration rates/percentages lately?

aplcr0331
10-25-2012, 13:14
Re: The Duke rape case

I live in the Chapel Hill/Durham area. The accuser in that case, Crystal Magnum, has repeated serious offenses since that debacle: I believe her murder trial is to begin soon.

Really? Good grief what a train wreck that was. That chick is a dumpster fire.

el_jewapo
10-25-2012, 13:15

I don't have much to say in this thread except that what I believe Airborne was trying to say here is white on black crime gets national media attention and swept under the rug with black on white. I don't think he meant it in a legal sense, just media attention. And in that respect, it's true.

That is all, continue calling people racist/adamantly defending your non racism. (Not you Airborne, anyone reading this thread)

tsmo1066
10-25-2012, 13:18
Really? Good grief what a train wreck that was. That chick is a dumpster fire.

LOL! I'm going to have to remember that descriptor!

aplcr0331
10-25-2012, 13:18
I don't have much to say in this thread except that what I believe Airborne was trying to say here is white on black crime gets national media attention and swept under the rug with black on white. I don't think he meant it in a legal sense, just media attention. And in that respect, it's true.

That is all, continue calling people racist/adamantly defending your non racism. (Not you Airborne, anyone reading this thread)

Thomas Sowell wrote a great article on the race riots and why they are not covered in the news this summer after he read the book "White Girl Bleed A Lot".

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/309578/why-aren-t-race-riots-news-thomas-sowell

janice6
10-25-2012, 13:25
Soooooooo..........Was she hot?

(you know someone had to say it)

aspartz
10-25-2012, 13:52
Clearly you are just upset... you can't possibly really believe that. Have you seen incarceration rates/percentages lately?
Black on White crime goes almost unnoticed in the MEDIA.

Where's the outrage AGAINST this idiot for the damage she tried to do to race relations?

ARS

fnfalman
10-25-2012, 14:41
Wasn't a few years back an Oriental college student (can't remember which country of origin he came from - China came to mind but I could be wrong) spray painted some anti-asian graffiti because he felt that Asians weren't discriminated against enough or some stupid crap like that?

RedTop
10-25-2012, 17:24
Wasn't a few years back an Oriental college student (can't remember which country of origin he came from - China came to mind but I could be wrong) spray painted some anti-asian graffiti because he felt that Asians weren't discriminated against enough or some stupid crap like that?

There's money to be made in victimhood if you play your cards right.

1. Stage Hoax
2. Blame Whitey
3. Profit

Airborne Infantryman
10-25-2012, 18:11

That is exactly what I was trying to say. :wavey:

g29andy
10-25-2012, 18:21
Damn cops! Solved the case before blowhards J Jackson and A Sharpton had a chance to race bait.

Kawabuggy
10-25-2012, 19:59
You guys are all over-looking the most important things...

Which is going to cost the tax-payers (you & I) the least; A. Unplugging her and letting her go. B. Keeping her alive on life-support, paying for future skin grafts, paying for all of her rehabilitation, paying for all of her future medical bills, housing, food allowance, transportation allowance, cell phone bill, large screen TV, and then on TOP of all of this-she WILL reproduce and we will be then paying even MORE.

Pull the damn plug NOW. She does not want to be here-who the hell are we to try and stop her?

NeverMore1701
10-25-2012, 20:02
You guys are all over-looking the most important things...

Which is going to cost the tax-payers (you & I) the least; A. Unplugging her and letting her go. B. Keeping her alive on life-support, paying for future skin grafts, paying for all of her rehabilitation, paying for all of her future medical bills, housing, food allowance, transportation allowance, cell phone bill, large screen TV, and then on TOP of all of this-she WILL reproduce and we will be then paying even MORE.

Pull the damn plug NOW. She does not want to be here-who the hell are we to try and stop her?

Works for me.

RonS
10-25-2012, 20:04
Like most things you can thank the media for the spin they put on race.

How many stupid thngs have people done just recently because of where their heads are at because of the mass media interacting with their own personal demons? Probably everyone around her has taught her that white men hate her and are to blame for anything gone wrong in her life. So, if she has a mental issue that caused her to hurt herself for attention, why not get a 2fer and generate some publicity "for the cause"? I'm glad the truth is out, I am sickened by the fact that it is not going to generate any thought or discussion other than the usual mindless ranting from both sides.