Oxymorons say PMS not real.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Oxymorons say PMS not real..

JuneyBooney
10-23-2012, 20:19
http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/10/23/study-questions-existence-of-pms/

Can you believe they say it is not real? :rofl:Man, anyone who has lived with a woman knows the truth...it exists. In animals it is called, "Hormonal rage syndrome" and it can cause violent outbursts".

Sorry if someone already posted it.

Bushflyr
10-23-2012, 20:36
Umm, what's an oxymoron have to do with the story?

JuneyBooney
10-23-2012, 22:39
Umm, what's an oxymoron have to do with the story?

Not a thing. :faint:You just hear so many conflicting items each day it becomes an "oxymoron". :whistling:

Bushflyr
10-23-2012, 23:24
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EIwxwLq0xuw/UIYdQhbWGsI/AAAAAAABc-Y/XQRWNA1jL4M/I%2Bdo%2Bnot%2Bthink%2Bit%2Bmeans%2Bwhat%2Byou%2Bthink%2Bit%2Bmeans.jpg

nursetim
10-23-2012, 23:58
Oxymoron is the name of a drug I invented. It is 100mg of hydrochloric acid surrounding whatever dose of narcotics. If you grind it up to snort, you'll not like life. If you grind it up to shoot into a vein, you'll not likely have life. If you take it orally, no problems.

As for PMS, I didn't believe in it either, until paramedic school. Our instructor was sweet kind and understanding. UNTIL just before her cycle. Holy crap she was evil incarnate! Then a week later she would be back to her sweet self. The study is flawed. Plain and simple.

JuneyBooney
10-24-2012, 00:06
Oxymoron is the name of a drug I invented. It is 100mg of hydrochloric acid surrounding whatever dose of narcotics. If you grind it up to snort, you'll not like life. If you grind it up to shoot into a vein, you'll not likely have life. If you take it orally, no problems.

As for PMS, I didn't believe in it either, until paramedic school. Our instructor was sweet kind and understanding. UNTIL just before her cycle. Holy crap she was evil incarnate! Then a week later she would be back to her sweet self. The study is flawed. Plain and simple.

:rofl:That is a really good one.

Let me tell you guys..my gf has two good weeks and then the third week she is like that crazy woman trying to kill Belushi with the Ar..:whistling: So I know what it is.

JuneyBooney
10-24-2012, 00:07
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EIwxwLq0xuw/UIYdQhbWGsI/AAAAAAABc-Y/XQRWNA1jL4M/I%2Bdo%2Bnot%2Bthink%2Bit%2Bmeans%2Bwhat%2Byou%2Bthink%2Bit%2Bmeans.jpg

:rofl:

Detectorist
10-24-2012, 00:07
Any guy who's had a woman in his life knows differently.

Kozel
10-24-2012, 00:19
Anybody who lived with woman knows that it can be pre-, post-…. And any time inbetween.

JuneyBooney
10-24-2012, 01:37
Anybody who lived with woman knows that it can be pre-, post-. And any time inbetween.

Now that is the truth. :rofl:

Gallium
10-24-2012, 03:17
Anybody who lived with woman knows that it can be pre-, post-. And any time inbetween.

I don't understand why you don't post your full credentials.

Clearly, you have a PhD in Women's Studiies! :supergrin:

Mrs.Cicero
10-24-2012, 07:02
Bring this up with me in three more weeks and experience how flawed this study is.

GlockPride
10-24-2012, 07:11
I told my wife when we first met I don't play the PMS game. There's life and then there's excuses. It happens every few weeks, you're used to it. I will NOT except head games during that time or any others.
I understand it's real, but I think it can be used as an excuse or highly exaggerated for someone's benefit. Flame suit on!

nursetim
10-24-2012, 08:13
How'd that work out for ya?

amazon
10-24-2012, 08:40
Bring this up with me in three more weeks and experience how flawed this study is.

damn skippy!

I've even told dear hubby at times...hey, I'm pms'ing. Just fair warning! :supergrin:

No one wants to feel that way, to lose control of their "disposition". I'll be glad when "she's" gone!

Dennis in MA
10-24-2012, 08:43
How'd that work out for ya?

First week, he didn't see her.

Second week, he didn't see her.

By the third week, the swelling had gone down enough that he could sorta make out her shape if she was silhouetted. :rofl:

I've got a wife and 2 teenage daughters. 2-3 days a month, it's pure hell. Then it's gone and they are very apologetic. Strangely, they aren't "sync'd" as much as in serial. One, then the next, then the next. Maybe it's 5 days, but no more than 2 days of crazy per person. LOL

frizz
10-24-2012, 09:03
I don't understand why you don't post your full credentials.

Clearly, you have a PhD in Womyn's Studies! :supergrin:

Fixed it, you male chauvinist pig!

:tongueout:

redbaron007
10-24-2012, 09:08
I told my wife when we first met I don't play the PMS game. There's life and then there's excuses. It happens every few weeks, you're used to it. I will NOT except head games during that time or any others.
I understand it's real, but I think it can be used as an excuse or highly exaggerated for someone's benefit. Flame suit on!

First week, he didn't see her.

Second week, he didn't see her.

By the third week, the swelling had gone down enough that he could sorta make out her shape if she was silhouetted. :rofl:

I've got a wife and 2 teenage daughters. 2-3 days a month, it's pure hell. Then it's gone and they are very apologetic. Strangely, they aren't "sync'd" as much as in serial. One, then the next, then the next. Maybe it's 5 days, but no more than 2 days of crazy per person. LOL

Good explanation!! :cool:

I have a wife, and three daughters...they used to be synced to within a day or two; now it seems someone is on it every week! :wow: The youngest is the most emotional raged female of the group, then the wife, then the other two daughters. :faint:

Life is Good!! :rofl:

:wavey:

red

Carrys
10-24-2012, 09:14
Is it real...................................

or is it simply someone venting because they don't like all the pain/irritation/aggravation they're going through?

And ya know who they bvent against don't ya.......the person closest to them and who they're always around.

Close 'em in a box for about a week, eh?:wavey:

Big Bird
10-24-2012, 09:17
We call it "Mad Cow Disease" in my house.

Personally, I make an effort to go on a fishing or hunting trip around then.

Avoidance is a coping technique!

Carrys
10-24-2012, 09:18

I have a wife, and three daughters...they used to be synced to within a day or two; now it seems someone is on it every week! :wow: The youngest is the most emotional raged female of the group, then the wife, then the other two daughters. :faint:

red

Tests have shown that when women are placed in a living situation together........they tend to all sync together in their cycles. I think NASA did the tests, for space travel. Probably a good thing to know when in space, ya think?

Put 'em all in suits and tie 'em off outside the craft, eh?:wavey:

redbaron007
10-24-2012, 09:35
Tests have shown that when women are placed in a living situation together........they tend to all sync together in their cycles. I think NASA did the tests, for space travel. Probably a good thing to know when in space, ya think?

I believe you're right, it was NASA that may have done it. At one point in my career, there were 7 females in my department I managed.....they were all pretty close on their timing; then one got pregnant and it through it all into chaos...took about 9 months to get it back together.

In bold above, I have made that comment, or one very similar, to those in my household...if they didn't try to be a little bit more courtesy. :rofl:

red

LSUAdman
10-24-2012, 09:59
Hah, what's next - people saying CMYK doesnt exist? Quacks.

Mrs.Cicero
10-24-2012, 10:01
Mr. C thinks all those cultures that send their women off to live in a hut outside the village each month are WAY more advanced than we are. I told him he's right, but since we don't have a hut, he should just go hunting/camping/fishing himself.

Dennis in MA
10-24-2012, 10:13

Why bother with suits? :rofl:

"No, Mr. President. You don't understand. Every mission that includes women must be 27 days or shorter. Because, Mr. President!" :rofl:

janice6
10-24-2012, 12:10
It matters not whether PMS is a physical or an emotional problem.

The fact is that through a myriad of family interpersonal relationships (of which mine is only two samples), it is demonstrated to exist. (I had three sisters (Mother was gone). I had three daughters. My experiences mirror the empirical data voiced by many others in this thread, men and women.

The fact that this emotional/physiological state (PMS) cannot be correlated with other human factors, does not make it less real. Most of the argument against the existence of PMS as a "real" condition, such as in this article, appears to be based on the lack of a direct relationship with specific physiological events that the researchers "believe" to be the basis for the condition.

What this simply means, is that the input variables are to probably numerous, and the interrelationships to tenuous, to be quantified by the referenced study. This is a lack of necessary input criteria for the research study, not a hard result of the study.

My point is: If the condition is verified by significant numbers of observations, performed by significant numbers of persons, over a significant amount of time, it is real, and must be accepted.

You may not like it, but it must be accepted as real.

I have no way to deal with it either, stay out of the way of a PMS sufferer and hope to "go home safe"

Disclaimer:
These thoughts are my own and I have no formal training or privileged understanding of PMS. (just don't let them hurt me)

redbaron007
10-24-2012, 12:13
Mr. C thinks all those cultures that send their women off to live in a hut outside the village each month are WAY more advanced than we are. I told him he's right, but since we don't have a hut, he should just go hunting/camping/fishing himself.

:rofl: :animlol: :rofl:

Very good suggestion....if it we me....I'd follow your advice!! :supergrin:

red

Glock&KimberLady
10-24-2012, 14:11
Oh yes, it's real. This whole family walks very lightly around me for 6-7 days out of the month. :supergrin:

Far worse is the Depo-Provera induced rage. :shocked: That crap is NASTY. Three months of hormone-induced homicidal tendencies. Never again!*

We have three daughters, the oldest is 9. A friend of mine said, "I don't envy you the drama and maxipads you'll go through in the next 15 years." :rofl:

Now I know why Mr. GKL wants to buy a cabin in the woods for him and Numbah One Son... :rofl:

*. And yes, I know some women love it. Me...I was alternately exhausted, raging, bursting into tears, seething, despondent, and sulking. Worst three months of my life, and probably my family's as well. I wasn't this crazy during all four of my pregnancies, and the doc couldn't understand why I was so vehemently opposed to "trying Depo again". He told me it would eventually work itself out, and I told him the GKL family wouldn't likely survive another attempt.

Spiffums
10-24-2012, 14:39
My one ear that is lower than the other ear disagrees with these findings.............

tsmo1066
10-24-2012, 14:43
There's not a lot that I respect about hebrew Law from the Old Testament, but I think they hit the nail on the head with the whole "Red Tent" thing and having the women just check into their own tent for a week when 'that time' came around every month.

GlockPride
10-24-2012, 14:57
I am living with my happy wife just fine. Married 11.5 years and together 15.

I NEVER said it didn't exist, I said don't let them use that as an excuse to behave badly.

EdTracker
10-24-2012, 17:24
There are many women that will swear to you that Blue Balls doesn't exist either.

NeverMore1701
10-24-2012, 17:29
There are many women that will swear to you that Blue Balls doesn't exist either.

Doesn't give guys an excuse to be an *******. Ditto PMS.

nursetim
10-24-2012, 17:42
I am living with my happy wife just fine. Married 11.5 years and together 15.

I NEVER said it didn't exist, I said don't let them use that as an excuse to behave badly.

Who's them, sucka? ( Dirty Harry ref )

How many wives you got? Spill it big love.:supergrin:

guanoman
10-24-2012, 21:15
PMS? Post Marriage Syndrome? Yeah, it's real....

Travclem
10-25-2012, 16:16

red
So you do a lot of fishing?

redbaron007
10-29-2012, 10:12
So you do a lot of fishing?

I spend as much time outside as possible. :supergrin:

red

janice6
10-29-2012, 10:15

Blue Balls exist. I have been there. It's near Intercourse, PA. they are wrong.

smokeross
10-29-2012, 12:54
Well it isn't a workable defense in a court of law.

TheExplorer
10-29-2012, 13:02
I jokingly said this to my gf once. I got an earful.:supergrin:

Mrs.Cicero
10-29-2012, 13:03
Well it isn't a workable defense in a court of law.

Maybe if we combine it with Twinkies it would work...

dango
10-29-2012, 13:04
Seems to me (-MORONS-) would be the key word here ........!