Any idea what this upper is worth? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what this upper is worth?

Cole125
10-23-2012, 21:30
Quick question guys,

I've got a Rock River Arms 20 inch Varmint stainless bull barrel upper with about 200 rounds through it I am thinking about selling. Paid $600 for it new a year ago.

Any idea of what it would be worth now?

http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/products/uhva411.gif

10-23-2012, 21:33
Take off 1/3 = $400. Max.

10-23-2012, 21:34
But, if you take a chance and wait until after November 6th, it could be worth much more.:supergrin:

Cole125
10-23-2012, 21:58
There is an idea. Nothing at all wrong with the upper, just bought it for a SPR type build, and I want to upgrade to a Noveske Rouge Hunter or LaRue Stealth upper that will be just as accurate at half the weight.

vafish
10-24-2012, 06:31
Take off 1/3 = $400. Max.

This,

All the cool kids want 16" uppers, so selling a 20" upper is a bit tougher.

If the barrel is too heavy you could send it to adco to be turned down. That would be cheaper than selling it and buying a larue.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Cole125
10-24-2012, 09:47
This,

All the cool kids want 16" uppers, so selling a 20" upper is a bit tougher.

If the barrel is too heavy you could send it to adco to be turned down. That would be cheaper than selling it and buying a larue.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

True, and that's a idea. I'll look into getting the barrel turned down, thanks. Another cost effective thing I could do is replace the barrel with a Noveske Rouge Hunter or similar match grade lighter profile barrel...

WoodenPlank
10-24-2012, 13:33
True, and that's a idea. I'll look into getting the barrel turned down, thanks. Another cost effective thing I could do is replace the barrel with a Noveske Rouge Hunter or similar match grade lighter profile barrel...

A lot of the weight also comes from that heavy-assed aluminum tube handguard, too. My dad has one of those uppers, and it is definitely a pig.

Cole125
10-24-2012, 14:01
Yeah with a Burris 4-14 scope w/PERP mount, Harris Bi-pod the damn rifle is a boat anchor. It does shoot sub MOA with cheap 55gr ammo, half MOA with match ammo.

Pretty much I want a long range AR, SPR, DMR, whatever you want to call it that weighs under 9 LBS.

smokin762
10-24-2012, 14:48
A lot of the weight also comes from that heavy-assed aluminum tube handguard, too. My dad has one of those uppers, and it is definitely a pig.

A coworker of mine put together his first AR last year. He decided to go with a 20” Bull Barrel. I asked him if he planned on Varmint hunting or doing some long distance shooting. He said no, he thought it just looked cool.

I asked him not long ago, how he likes it. He said it was too heavy and he doesn’t shoot it much. I told him he should sell it and buy a lighter upper. That way he will find excuses to go shooting instead of why not to go shooting. :faint:

mjkeat
10-24-2012, 17:04
It has nothing to do w/ cool. There really isn't much use for that type of upper.