The Men Who Built America [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Men Who Built America

Agent6-3/8
10-23-2012, 22:35
Anyone else been watching it?

The History Channel as largely gone to hell over the last several years, but I have to give them credit here. Very interesting series about the men who helped industrialize America and turn us into a world power.

Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile

Averageman
10-23-2012, 22:53
Best thing I have seen since Band of Brothers.

Dennis in MA
10-24-2012, 09:30
It's good. I wish they did a little bit more in-depth on important stuff and less on keeping people watching. But that's modern America.

Their explanation of Frick (what the Frick?) ruining Carnegie was a bit hinky. He did a lot to BUILD Carnegie into who he became.

My family is enjoying it. And if it gives them a view of history and understanding, all for the better.

How much are we in the same ship today, is what I keep thinking. Gates. Jobs. Buffett (to some extent). Gore. (He DID invent the internet!) Were the people of that day able to really SEE how this was groundbreaking? Do most people see what is going on today as groundbreaking?

SC Tiger
10-24-2012, 09:46
Anyone else been watching it?

The History Channel as largely gone to hell over the last several years, but I have to give them credit here. Very interesting series about the men who helped industrialize America and turn us into a world power.

Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile

So far I've liked it but haven't watched last night's episode (about Carnegie). I caught part of it.

My concern is that it will be a hatchet job on anyone that ever built a company. I'll give it a fair chance though.

series1811
10-24-2012, 09:48
Yeah, I've been watching it. I was telling my brother about it this morning. Great show.

Dennis in MA
10-24-2012, 09:58
So far I've liked it but haven't watched last night's episode (about Carnegie). I caught part of it. My concern is that it will be a hatchet job on anyone that ever built a company.

That's OK. They didn't build that. :rofl:

K.Kiser
10-24-2012, 15:29
Dang, I didn't know a thing about it and it sounds like my kind of show... Band Of Brother's was gold, so I'm gonna have to catch this..