26l [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 26l

philpac33
10-23-2012, 23:33
Saw a video on YouTube of Rob Pincus test firing his new 26L- a 19 length slide on a 26 frame- done by Business End Customs. It's basically a 19 with a chopped and textured frame and the slide is polished and marked 26L, has the cut-outs on the bottom of the grip for emergency magazine rips. I haven't gone to their site yet to see exactly what has all been done and although the idea isn't entirely new or original, the final product is pretty slick- blending the benefits of 2 of the most popular(and my personal choice) carry pistols produced today. I've thought about chopping one of my 19s, unfortunately my balls aren't quite that big.

Genin
10-24-2012, 06:41
If you scroll through a couple pages here, someone had recently done this on this forum and did an amazing job.

SDGlock23
10-24-2012, 08:03
Maybe I'm blind, but the thread seems to have disappeared. I did find this http://www.downrange.tv/blog/why-am-i-not-going-to-carry-my-new-glock-26l-carry-gun/18169/

The original thread was called "Custom G26L- Lots of Pics!" The tread http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447953 comes up as Invalid Thread specified.

njdet354
10-24-2012, 13:41
Bowie Tactical in Ohio has been doing these for years. His work is outstanding and he's the best to deal with. Straight shooter. Check is web sight. He does several long slide conversions.

10-25-2012, 06:50
Interesting concept, I actually prefer the baby grip to the longer styles. Not sure that the extra slide length is that desirable though.

Pincus has another video in which he takes a decent G23 and whacks the grip off with a Dremel tool. That made me winch! He must of had too much sugar that day... a good example of why you should be licensed to own a rotary tool. ;)

Good save on his part, worth watching.

MarkCO
10-25-2012, 07:36
The original thread posted on the "26L" was an advertisement and was thus removed.

The idea is hardly new and there are several shops that have done similar work over the years. If the idea is interesting to you, do your research and pick your poison. Or, go to Harbor Freight and pick up a set of gunsmithing tools. :)

DeLo
10-25-2012, 08:34
Interesting concept, I actually prefer the baby grip to the longer styles. Not sure that the extra slide length is that desirable though.

Pincus has another video in which he takes a decent G23 and whacks the grip off with a Dremel tool. That made me winch! He must of had too much sugar that day... a good example of why you should be licensed to own a rotary tool. ;)

Good save on his part, worth watching.

Pincus's destruction of that 23 was actually the reason he consulted a professional and thus leading the 26L that was advertised on here. Here is where he talks about it.

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/why-am-i-not-going-to-carry-my-new-glock-26l-carry-gun/18169/

DeLo
10-25-2012, 08:36
the main thing I don't get is a why a true firearm professional would use aftermarket barrels in a carry weapon.. :upeyes:

SGT278ACR
10-25-2012, 12:31
the main thing I don't get is a why a true firearm professional would use aftermarket barrels in a carry weapon.. :upeyes:

Because this is the USA and even a "true" firearms professional has a choice of personal preference. I don't use an aftermarket barrel for my carry weapon, but I wouldn't rule it out. There are a number of them out there are just as dependable, if not more, than some factory ones.

TFL_Rob
12-04-2012, 21:24
Trust me guys, I test the reliability before I trust the barrels.

The only reason I do use them, btw, is because I have migrated from .40 to 9mm for personal defense.

Here is pic of my 26L http://www.downrange.tv/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/26L.jpg
The work was done by Business End Customs.

Yes, I chopped a 23 down with a Dremel, and, honestly, I don't think it was that big a deal. The custom guys all charge a price for the work they do. In some cases (like Lou's) I think it is a very fair price... BUT, you can do a functional mod yourself with minimal time/effort/dollars.

-RJP

lsbbigdog
03-29-2013, 05:54

A true profession will use and give the customer the best .