GOP candidates need to keep their mouths shut regarding What God wants..etc [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GOP candidates need to keep their mouths shut regarding What God wants..etc

Detectorist
10-24-2012, 00:05
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/23/gop-senate-candidate-pregnancies-from-rape-gods-will/?hpt=hp_t2

This guy opened mouth, insert foot.

jp3975
10-24-2012, 03:35
Agreed. If Reps would keep their mouth shut about religion in general theyd win more elections.

Romney would probably be farther ahead too.

NeverMore1701
10-24-2012, 03:51
Agreed.

Dennis in MA
10-24-2012, 09:18
Agree that religion has no business in politics. . . but the question was asked and he IS right. If you assume there is a God, that he is omniscient and omnipresent and omnipotent AND you get raped AND pregnant, the pregnancy is from God.

It's not politically correct - but neither is saying we need to get government out of the welfare business. :)

Bottom line - as we've discovered time and time again on GT - no one's "argument" for or against abortion is going to convince anyone of anything. So the question should be, "Do you support abortion?"

"No"

"Thank you, next question."

WHY has no bearing. He is a man of faith and is standing by his convictions. Would it be better if he compromised what he believes????

frank4570
10-24-2012, 09:22
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/23/gop-senate-candidate-pregnancies-from-rape-gods-will/?hpt=hp_t2

This guy opened mouth, insert foot.

Agreed.

I'd support republicans if it wasn't for the fact they want to pass christian laws.

Sveke
10-24-2012, 09:23
Agree that religion has no business in politics. . . but the question was asked and he IS right. If you assume there is a God, that he is omniscient and omnipresent and omnipotent AND you get raped AND pregnant, the pregnancy is from God.

It's not politically correct - but neither is saying we need to get government out of the welfare business. :)

Bottom line - as we've discovered time and time again on GT - no one's "argument" for or against abortion is going to convince anyone of anything. So the question should be, "Do you support abortion?"

"No"

WHY has no bearing. He is a man of faith and is standing by his convictions. Would it be better if he compromised what he believes????

It doesn't matter, young republicans like myself will be in charge sooner than later and we can inject a healthy dose of common fing sense into our party.

Patience folks and the moron nut jobs will die off.

All will be well again in due time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Geko45
10-24-2012, 09:24
Yeah, I really wish I could have political and fiscal conservative candidates to vote for without also having to accept their "social conservative" stance.

Sveke
10-24-2012, 09:26
Yeah, I really wish I could have political and fiscal conservative candidates to vote for without also having accept their "social conservative" stance.

Well said. That would be great. We can only wish or do it ourselves.

kensb2
10-24-2012, 09:26
Tried the link, it says the story is no longer there?

Sveke
10-24-2012, 09:27
Tried the link, it says the story is no longer there?

It's on every major news site on earth.

Flying-Dutchman
10-24-2012, 09:28
The Democrats are far cleverer.

We never hear about Obama’s Black Liberation Theology.

Pretty radioactive stuff.

oldgraywolf
10-24-2012, 09:29
Yeah, I really wish I could have political and fiscal conservative candidates to vote for without also having accept their "social conservative" stance.

What he said. By appeasing the "religious right," the GOP turns off the middle, cold.

Inyo Tim
10-24-2012, 09:30
GOP candidates need to keep their mouths shut regarding What God wants..etc

Amen to that.

Sveke
10-24-2012, 09:32
The Democrats are far cleverer.

Pretty radioactive stuff.

It's not republican vs democrat.

It's the idiots like this guy that give all of us a bad name.

I'm tired of all the religious bull**** in politics. Crazy muslims, crazy fing Bible belting morons.

WHERE IS THE COMMON SENSE THESE DAYS?????

ray9898
10-24-2012, 09:33
I agree....Republicans tend to over play the element of religion when it comes to their core.

Dennis in MA
10-24-2012, 09:35
It doesn't matter, young republicans like myself will be in charge sooner than later and we can inject a healthy dose of common fing sense into our party.

Patience folks and the moron nut jobs will die off.

All will be well again in due time.

I can't wait until we get a real "uniter" like you. :rofl:

Shockingly, the Republicans ran the roost for 6 years in the 90's and made this country great. Know how?

THEY WORKED TOGETHER!

But keep dividing. It works so well for us.

Flying-Dutchman
10-24-2012, 09:36
What he said. By appeasing the "religious right," the GOP turns off the middle, cold.
The Republicans need a coalition to win which includes Evangelicals just like the Democrats need Communists and welfare recipients.

The Democrats would love this to be an election about Abortion; unfortunately for them and us it is about the economy which is tanking again.

It is stupid to talk about social issues.

silversport
10-24-2012, 09:37
I'd prefer my politicians to say what they believe so that I can know it...and if they say something stupid...I'll know that too...as for saying what you believe in and then standing up for it, I find that an admirable quality...even when I don't agree with you...

frank4570
10-24-2012, 09:38
And if the raped girl decides to get an abortion that is also part of gods plan.
And christians can't save other people. It is entirely between the rape victim and god to sort it out.

"No"

series1811
10-24-2012, 09:40
Here is what seems to bug liberals.

You can tell us that you are going to murder babies, but it is not murder, any more, because you got a Supreme Court rulling that calling it murder for 200 years was wrong, and you seem to be upset that we don't agree with you.

Why is it so important that we believe you? Why do you need that so badly?

Sveke
10-24-2012, 09:40
I can't wait until we get a real "uniter" like you. :rofl:

Shockingly, the Republicans ran the roost for 6 years in the 90's and made this country great. Know how?

THEY WORKED TOGETHER!

But keep dividing. It works so well for us.

Yeah no ****, Bachmann, Inhoff, mazzoni, this idiot from Indiana.....

All uniters!! Right?

These people are poison. Period.

Carrys
10-24-2012, 10:12
Agreed.

I'd support republicans if it wasn't for the fact they want to pass christian laws.

Well, I like that way instead of passing muslim laws or some such nonsense, eh?:wavey:

devildog2067
10-24-2012, 10:17

You don't have to be a liberal to disagree with your next statement.

You can tell us that you are going to murder babies, but it is not murder, any more, because you got a Supreme Court rulling that calling it murder for 200 years was wrong
You are aware that for more than a thousand years the Church decreed that lie begins at quickening, not at conception, yes?

What makes a position held for 200 years more valid than a position held for 1000+ years?

Carrys
10-24-2012, 10:18
Agreed.

All uniters!! Right?

When the people are trying their best to counter the dividing folks on the left in office, they tend to vote in folks who are set on leaning things back the right way.

Gee, I wonder what might happen if the left decided to work together instead of divide us even more? But the thing is, they won't...................no matter how you try to funny it away.

Carrys
10-24-2012, 10:21
What makes a position held for 200 years more valid than a position held for 1000+ years?

Well gee Steve, could it be due to the knowledge and understanding of one view versus the simple contrived belief of the other?

Just a guess, ya know?:wavey:

devildog2067
10-24-2012, 10:26
Well gee Steve, could it be due to the knowledge and understanding of one view versus the simple contrived belief of the other?

I absolutely agree that the idea that life begins at conception is a simple contrived belief... but I'm guessing that's not what you meant.

Mrs.Cicero
10-24-2012, 11:25
You are aware that for more than a thousand years the Church decreed that lie begins at quickening, not at conception, yes?

Science.

:rofl::tongueout::rofl:

Flying-Dutchman
10-24-2012, 11:38
We should impose a lifetime limit of 1 child per person law.

All of a sudden the debate would switch from the right to kill you baby to the right to reproduce.

No worries people. Abortion is not going away.

The second this election is over this issue vanishes.

frank4570
10-24-2012, 11:43
Well, I like that way instead of passing muslim laws or some such nonsense, eh?:wavey:

If we keep govt and the church seperate we can't pass christian laws.
But if we can pass christian laws, then by god we can also pass muslim laws. And that day just might come.

series1811
10-24-2012, 11:49

Again, you, like the others, appear peeved that many people don't agree with you. I don't. You can't spin abortion to me in way that keeps it from being the taking of an innocent life. Liberals have tried every arguement under the sun to do that.

You have to learn to settle for what you have, and give up trying to convince everyone that your moral view is superior because it was recently ratified by the Supreme Court. If your arguments worked, it would have already happened. It hasn't.

devildog2067
10-24-2012, 11:53
Again, you, like the others, appear peeved
What makes you say that?

Please point to any evidence of emotional content in my post.

that many people don't agree with you.

I did not express an opinion in that post. I simply asked a question.

Geko45
10-24-2012, 11:59
What makes you say that?

Please point to any evidence of emotional content in my post.

I did not express an opinion in that post. I simply asked a question.

By asking the question, you allowed for the possibility that the answer was not already predetermined by current dogma. That is all that is required.

frizz
10-24-2012, 12:02
Science.

:rofl::tongueout::rofl:

If you are saying that science can tell us when life begins, then you do not understand science. The question of when life begins is outside of the realm of science.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 12:03
The GOP needs to start doing drug testing, because this guy's on the crack again.

My wife just said this is one of the top 3 reasons she's a registered Independent, and if she were to get pregnant by a rapist, law be damned, she'd be begging me to "kick her down the steps" several times a day until the goal was achieved.

I guess that not all women feel it's as joyous of an occasion as this freak does to carry your rapist's baby for 9 months.

vart
10-24-2012, 12:07

All uniters!! Right?

Hmmm... You sound like the one that is full of poison...:dunno:

frizz
10-24-2012, 12:10

You can tell us that you are going to murder babies, but it is not murder, any more, because you got a Supreme Court rulling that calling it murder for 200 years was wrong, and you seem to be upset that we don't agree with you.

How many state laws (pre Roe v. Wade) were there that made abortion the same as murder?

The Alabama law was a misdemeanor.
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/acas/ACASLoginFire.asp
Section 13A-13-7

Sveke
10-24-2012, 12:11
Hmmm... You sound like the one that is full of poison...:dunno:

Yeah ok. If you believe one thing out of those idiots mouthes you can happily join them in la la land.

I'm an intelligence driven conservative. Zero intelligence coming from those folks.

Sveke
10-24-2012, 12:13
If we just kept our mouths shut and didn't pay attention to the dumb social issues that have no importance in the grand scheme of things right now, we'd be way better off.

Flying-Dutchman
10-24-2012, 12:14
The GOP needs to start doing drug testing, because this guy's on the crack again.

My wife just said this is one of the top 3 reasons she's a registered Independent, and if she were to get pregnant by a rapist, law be damned, I'd be "kicking her down the steps" several times a day until the goal was achieved.

I guess that not all women feel it's as joyous of an occasion as this freak does to carry your rapist's baby for 9 months.
Out of 435 Congressmen there are a few extremists and of course the Democrats find them to distract us from the economy.

There are extremist Democrats too.

Romney’s church takes a moderate position on Abortion; they do not ban Abortion but only suggest you consult and pray before making a decision.

This election is about the economy. Sequestration is coming January 1st 2013. Obama said it will not happen but it was his idea. Fiscal cliff time January 1st 2013 but let’s distract the voters with Abortion.

series1811
10-24-2012, 12:18
How many state laws (pre Roe v. Wade) were there that made abortion the same as murder?

The Alabama law was a misdemeanor.
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/acas/ACASLoginFire.asp
Section 13A-13-7

Here's one. It basically says that if someone aborts a womans baby without her permission, it's murder, or if she does it herself, it's murder, (but, don't worry, if a doctor does it, it's nothing).

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article125.htm#p125.05

vart
10-24-2012, 12:18
Yeah ok. If you believe one thing out of those idiots mouthes you can happily join them in la la land.

I'm an intelligence driven conservative. Zero intelligence coming from those folks.

Your hatred and insults are doing very little to show that your point of view is superior.

Because I am a Christian, I am now unintelligent, an idiot, and should be a pariah?

In reality, it is your atheistic views that are in the minority among Conservatives, despite what the atheists on GT say.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 12:21
Out of 435 Congressmen there are a few extremists and of course the Democrats find them to distract us from the economy.

There are extremist Democrats too.

Romney’s church takes a moderate position on Abortion; they do not ban Abortion but only suggest you consult and pray before making a decision.

This election is about the economy. Sequestration is coming January 1st 2013. Obama said it will not happen but it was his idea. Fiscal cliff time January 1st 2013 but let’s distract the voters with Abortion.

That may be Romney's church's view on abortion, but as a GOP candidate he's going to have to be as pro-life as possible or else it will cost him votes with the uber-conservatives.

The Republicans want to make getting an abortion as difficult as possible, and the Democrats want to make owning guns as difficult as possible.

The irony in this is, the Republicans only care when you're a fetus...after you're born they don't give a damn about you. They want all the babies to be born, yet they complain when those very babies they forced to be born are being raised by the taxpayers. :upeyes:

G36's Rule
10-24-2012, 12:31
That may be Romney's church's view on abortion, but as a GOP candidate he's going to have to be as pro-life as possible or else it will cost him votes with the uber-conservatives.

The Republicans want to make getting an abortion as difficult as possible, and the Democrats want to make owning guns as difficult as possible.

The irony in this is, the Republicans only care when you're a fetus...after you're born they don't give a damn about you. They want all the babies to be born, yet they complain when those very babies they forced to be born are being raised by the taxpayers. :upeyes:

They don't force anything to be born. Abortion is legal. Those being born into welfare are so because the welfare system makes it an incentive to have them.

Abortion is the Red Herring argument of politics. It amazes me how many otherwise intelligent people don't see that.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 12:42
They don't force anything to be born. Abortion is legal. Those being born into welfare are so because the welfare system makes it an incentive to have them.

Abortion is the Red Herring argument of politics. It amazes me how many otherwise intelligent people don't see that.

If any stipulations are in place for what is/isn't considered a legal abortion (which there are) then yes...they are, to a point, forcing women to have the babies.

For example, if you don't meet the 'criteria' (like the mother's life being in danger) then you aren't eligible for an abortion, and must have the baby.

G36's Rule
10-24-2012, 12:53
The only criteria is late term and partial birth.

Nobody is forcing anyone to have a baby.

Sveke
10-24-2012, 12:59
Your hatred and insults are doing very little to show that your point of view is superior.

Because I am a Christian, I am now unintelligent, an idiot, and should be a pariah?

In reality, it is your atheistic views that are in the minority among Conservatives, despite what the atheists on GT say.

No, I'm an Irish Catholic, however I am a FIRM believer in the separation of church and state.

Emotional faith based decision making has NO place in government.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 13:00
The only criteria is late term and partial birth.

Nobody is forcing anyone to have a baby.

So then why is abortion a hot button issue? If it was just 'allowed' then the females/couples would be left to live with the repercussions.

But, it will never just be 'allowed' because there always has to be something for the Republicans and Democrats to piss and moan, argue, and make new laws over.

No, I'm an Irish Catholic, however I am a FIRM believer in the separation of church and state.

Emotional faith based decision making has NO place in government.

Exactly.

aplcr0331
10-24-2012, 13:02
What do scientist say when it comes to when life begins? I thought most bioligist say it begins at conception and then say anything after that is a social issue so as to avoid the abortion topic altogether?

I think that life begins at conception, and I'm pro-choice. Kill as many as you like but don't try to call it anything other than what it is. You don't have to justify it to anyone.

AlexHassin
10-24-2012, 13:05

Why is it so important that we believe you? Why do you need that so badly?

and their where others that believed that it came at 90 days.

AlexHassin
10-24-2012, 13:06

two sides of the same evil coin. in the end they are the same, anti american and anti freedom, and something real Americans should all stand up an oppose.

CanMan
10-24-2012, 13:08

Let's hope so. I've been a Republican since dirt was invented & have tired of the Religious Right's domination of the party.

Sveke
10-24-2012, 13:08
Also since I base my comments on common sense......

It costs way more of your tax dollars to raise a kid from birth to 18 on public aid since his parents can't afford him/her than it does to subsidize a relatively inexpensive procedure.

A womans body is no ones but hers. She has the only say and that's the way it should be. Think of it in a patriotic way, her body is like her country, someone invaded it, and the by product is up to her discretion.

Someone invades America, we all take up arms and defend her. Why don't we do the same for our women minus the arms part? Defend their choice.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 13:10
I think that life begins at conception, and I'm pro-choice. Kill as many as you like but don't try to call it anything other than what it is. You don't have to justify it to anyone.

I believe the same as you do, and yes...politicians (especially in the US) have to justify every damn thing. If they aren't right, they'll come up with some kind of study or whatever to make it seem like they're right.

Neither side (Repubs and Dems) want to give in to each other, so we'll always be left with "partial freedom", not actually total freedom.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 13:14
Also since I base my comments on common sense......

It costs way more of your tax dollars to raise a kid from birth to 18 on public aid since his parents can't afford him/her than it does to subsidize a relatively inexpensive procedure.

A womans body is no ones but hers. She has the only say and that's the way it should be. Think of it in a patriotic way, her body is like her country, someone invaded it, and the by product is up to her discretion.

Someone invades America, we all take up arms and defend her. Why don't we do the same for our women minus the arms part? Defend their choice.

Because this country isn't interested in protecting your choice, they'll only defend their choice. We're a selfish country...plain and simple.

G36's Rule
10-24-2012, 13:26
So then why is abortion a hot button issue? If it was just 'allowed' then the females/couples would be left to live with the repercussions.

It is a hot button issue because the Democrats know it drives those more moderate people away from the Republican Party by constantly beating the drum that it will banned.

How many years did Bush 43 have both houses of Congress? What did they ban?

Booker
10-24-2012, 13:38
As a conservative leaning independent, I was going to vote for Romney. I am glad that this issue came to light since I needed the reminder that the only difference between the Rupublican Party and the Taliban is the beard!

I'm going to vote third party!

aplcr0331
10-24-2012, 13:48
As a conservative leaning independent, I was going to vote for Romney. I am glad that this issue came to light since I needed the reminder that the only difference between the Rupublican Party and the Taliban is the beard!

I'm going to vote third party!

I know right, just the other day I had to hide my wife in the cellar because a Republican was walking door to door to carve the noses off the faces of women who attended school. It was tricky becuase he did not have a beard, but I knew he was evil since he was a white male.

War on Women: Democrats 1, Republicans 0. Ted Kennedy fired the first salvo in this war.

Do woman pay taxes, have jobs, care about education, consider foreign policy or do Democrats only view women by their *****?

snewsoG22
10-24-2012, 13:55
In my small town, there are many church going democratic voters. Some of them are bleeding hearts that think dems represent the little guy, often they have and believe in union jobs.

Flying-Dutchman
10-24-2012, 14:00

Maybe the Republicans make it an issue in Louisiana but not around here; they stay away from this hot potato.

As already posted, nothing has been banned with Republicans in full control; it is a non-issue.

The Country is far more Godless today than 40 years ago with Roe V Wade so Abortion is here to stay.

Abortion is killing your baby. 55,000,000 Abortions since Roe V Wade is sickening. Abortion doctors are sickening. That said I learned a long time ago I cannot save the world. Kill your baby, inject heroin and sleep with a sheep; laws or no laws it cannot be stopped.

The Dems must be smiling. Discussing Abortion while the stock market is down 4 days in a row as Recession 2 is here.

G36's Rule
10-24-2012, 14:01
I know right, just the other day I had to hide my wife in the cellar because a Republican was walking door to door to carve the noses off the faces of women who attended school. It was tricky becuase he did not have a beard, but I knew he was evil since he was a white male.

War on Women: Democrats 1, Republicans 0. Ted Kennedy fired the first salvo in this war.

Do woman pay taxes, have jobs, care about education, consider foreign policy or do Democrats only view women by their *****?

:rofl:

Probably went right over his head though.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 14:12
Maybe the Republicans make it an issue in Louisiana but not around here; they stay away from this hot potato.

As already posted, nothing has been banned with Republicans in full control; it is a non-issue.

The Country is far more Godless today than 40 years ago with Roe V Wade so Abortion is here to stay.

Abortion is killing your baby. 55,000,000 Abortions since Roe V Wade is sickening. Abortion doctors are sickening. That said I learned a long time ago I cannot save the world. Kill your baby, inject heroin and sleep with a sheep; laws or no laws it cannot be stopped.

The Dems must be smiling. Discussing Abortion while the stock market is down 4 days in a row as Recession 2 is here.

I was referring to the Republican party in general. Now, in Romney's case, I just read this 6 days ago:

“In fact, he (Romney) thinks abortion should be an option in cases of rape, incest or to save a mother’s life."

Which is better than nothing I guess, but look at Gary Johnson's answer on it:

Q: Where do you stand on abortion rights?

A: It should be left up to the woman. If my daughter were pregnant and she came to me and asked me what she ought to do, I would advise her to have the child. But I would not for a minute pretend that I should make that decision for her or any other woman.

Now THAT'S the correct answer. You won't ever hear that come out of a Republican's mouth...might cost votes down at the nursing home and VFW.

G36's Rule
10-24-2012, 14:22
Now THAT'S the correct answer. You won't ever hear that come out of a Republican's mouth...might cost votes down at the nursing home and VFW.

So you would be A-ok with your 14-15-16-17 year old daughter getting an abortion without your knowledge and consent.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 14:38
So you would be A-ok with your 14-15-16-17 year old daughter getting an abortion without your knowledge and consent.

Again, read Johnson's answer. I'd advise her to have the child...but I'm not going to pretend I can make that decision for her, or that my answer is the best one in the world.

But yes, morally I would hope she would decide on her own to have the baby and provide for it.

frank4570
10-24-2012, 15:24

It's just like the second amendment issue. If enough justices get on the supreme court it will be overturned.
Just like gun rights people are concerned that antis will get on the court this next go around, abortion rights people are concerned that antis will get on the court this next go around.

stevelyn
10-24-2012, 15:29
The theocratic "Falwell Virus" that infected the Republican party needs to be purged.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 15:47
It's just like the second amendment issue. If enough justices get on the supreme court it will be overturned.
Just like gun rights people are concerned that antis will get on the court this next go around, abortion rights people are concerned that antis will get on the court this next go around.

Stop it with all that logic...the conservatives don't like to hear that they're hypocrites. They want the 'right' to keep and bear arms, but they don't want females to have the 'right' to choose.

Another problem is all the pro-lifers read the words 'pro-choice' and they see the word 'pro-abortion'. Pro-choice means exactly that...the right to choose what is best for your situation and your circumstances. It doesn't result in mass abortions no more than fewer gun laws result in more mass murders. People are going to do what they are going to do.

series1811
10-24-2012, 15:52
Stop it with all that logic...the conservatives don't like to hear that they're hypocrites. They want the 'right' to keep and bear arms, but they don't want females to have the 'right' to choose.

Another problem is all the pro-lifers read the words 'pro-choice' and they see the word 'pro-abortion'. Pro-choice means exactly that...the right to choose what is best for your situation and your circumstances. It doesn't result in mass abortions no more than fewer gun laws result more mass murders. People are going to do what they are going to do.

No, I think we fully understand the meaning of the words pro-choice. At best it means, I may not condone abortion, but I won't do anything to oppose it.

Edmund Burke had something to say about that.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 15:59
No, I think we fully understand the meaning of the words pro-choice. At best it means, I may not condone abortion, but I won't do anything to oppose it.

Edmund Burke had something to say about that.

This is the same logic that keeps the Brady Campaign running. They think that if they didn't exist, there would be nobody to oppose the right to own firearms.

I myself have never aborted any of my children, and would never do so. However, I do support the right for people to do so should they have to for whatever reason.

G36's Rule
10-24-2012, 15:59

Bad comparison. As already stated, Bush had full control for how many years... And what happened to abortion? How many conservative justices were on the court while Bush had majorities in both houses?

Abortion is settled law. Democrats use it to drive a wedge into the moderates and conservatives who are easily led.

Cali-Glock
10-24-2012, 16:06

First - you are speaking of the Roman Catholic Church, not Christindome as a whole. Second the RCC changed their position in the 1500s.

Third biologically at conception we have a unique creature - we are alive. The genetics of a person seconds after conception are the same we die with. We can debate the morality of infantacide and euthanizing the elderly, feeble-minded and infirm, but it is silly and ignorant to argue the biological fact that life begins at conception.

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 16:08
I think Christians should be as vocal as the want to be concerning issues that are important to them.

series1811
10-24-2012, 16:10
This is the same logic that keeps the Brady Campaign running. They think that if they didn't exist, there would be nobody to oppose the right to own firearms.

I myself have never aborted any of my children, and would never do so. However, I do support the right for people to do so should they have to for whatever reason.

So, you think Burke was full of it?

tantrix
10-24-2012, 16:19
So, you think Burke was full of it?

I'm familiar with Burke...but why does it matter, he was a staunch pro-lifer. Be more specific.

Carrys
10-24-2012, 16:31
I absolutely agree that the idea that life begins at conception is a simple contrived belief... but I'm guessing that's not what you meant.

Hmmm.........I'll pray for ya bro. I pray for everyone who doesn't believe the way I do. Boy Howdy, isn't that just awful, especially considering the sweet beheading some other religions want to give to the people who don't swing their way?:wavey:

0 for 1, pitiful BA I must say (Ball too small to get a spy on is it?). Have to tell you, I usually give you more credit than that.

badge315
10-24-2012, 16:53

Actually, yes. Just as I would want some hardcore Muslim who believes that all infidels must die to compromise his beliefs.

aspartz
10-24-2012, 18:12
The Republicans need a coalition to win which includes Evangelicals just like the Democrats need Communists and welfare recipients.
Strange that the GOP survived without the southern fundamentalists before 1968 or so. The other problem with attracting the fundamentalists is that they are frequently NOT fiscal conservatives (GWB for example), this is why until the late 60s they actually voted democrat.

If the GOP cut the cord with the social conservatives they would attract the people from the democrats who lean right on fiscal issues, but can't tolerate the fundamentalist social policies.

The Democrats would love this to be an election about Abortion; unfortunately for them and us it is about the economy which is tanking again.

It is stupid to talk about social issues.
It is not stupid to talk about these issues. The GOP is hiding from them because they know it hurts them. We are voting for a package deal and the left pointing out that 2 years after the GOP takes over they will very likely become the Christian Taliban is a valid point.

Both are equally abhorrent.

If we just kept our mouths shut and didn't pay attention to the dumb social issues that have no importance in the grand scheme of things right now, we'd be way better off.

They have a great importance in the grand scheme of things. he bottom line of the grand scheme is freedom.

ARS

frank4570
10-24-2012, 18:21
I really wish there was a viable candidate who was not in favor of gun control, or abortion control, or marriage control.
I would love to see a poll of how many people would vote for this person if he had a descent chance.

berto62
10-24-2012, 18:24
They were talking about this 50 years ago

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XB3EVS3G6gI/TyovpsC0l7I/AAAAAAAAA0Q/wwFqicWUg1Q/s1600/barryGoldwater.jpg

stevelyn
10-24-2012, 18:25
I really wish there was a viable candidate who was not in favor of gun control, or abortion control, or marriage control.
I would love to see a poll of how many people would vote for this person if he had a descent chance.

I would and have. Most libertarians are exactly as you describe.

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 18:33

I'll participate in your informal poll. I would not vote for that candidate. Two of the three, abortion and homosexuality, are things that God is against. So, I'm against them, too. I will vote against them every time they come up on a ballot.

He who is not for him, is against him. I will not separate my beliefs from policy votes.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 18:42

That's why Gary Johnson got my vote. I don't expect him to win, but I damn sure ain't selling out to the GOP just because they have a better chance of winning (even though they expect me to).

I'll participate in your informal poll. I would not vote for that candidate. Two of the three, abortion and homosexuality, are things that God is against. So, I'm against them, too. I will vote against them every time they come up on a ballot.

He who is not for him, is against him. I will not separate my beliefs from policy votes.

And you're exactly why the GOP is a miserable train wreck right now. Religion and politics have no place together, or else you will NOT have freedom.

frank4570
10-24-2012, 18:46

Are you going to be eager to allow muslim laws as well? Or do you not understand how that works?

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 18:54
Are you going to be eager to allow muslim laws as well? Or do you not understand how that works?

I would vote against that, too. :supergrin:

tantrix
10-24-2012, 18:56
I would vote against that, too. :supergrin:

That was his point. If you're going to allow Christianity into politics, you're going to have to allow Muslim and other religions into it. You'd be better off leaving them all out.

G36's Rule
10-24-2012, 18:59
You fellas know what percentage of Protestants voted Dem? Catholic vote Dem?

Worrying about the Christian Taliban is on par with the loons worrying about the UN herding folks into concentration camps.

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 19:00
That was his point. If you're going to allow Christianity into politics, you're going to have to allow Muslim and other religions into it. You'd be better off leaving them all out.

I'd be happy with leaving the gay marriage initiatives off of ballots. Would you?

I don't see abortion on any ballots.

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 19:05

The Muslims can't pass their agenda in our voting country. We are a Christian and atheist country. Your hypothesis is a moot point. We vote, they don't.

frank4570
10-24-2012, 19:12
The Muslims can't pass their agenda in our voting country. We are a Christian and atheist country. Your hypothesis is a moot point. We vote, they don't.

The walmart in detroit now has pork-free check out lines in response to their muslim population.

Clearly, you are in favor of mulsim laws in this country provided they are voted on.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 19:13
I'd be happy with leaving the gay marriage initiatives off of ballots. Would you?

I don't see abortion on any ballots.

You do realize that the fastest-growing religion in America is Islam, right? You also know that these people are American citizens allowed to vote, right?

Matter of fact, in the entire world, there are only about 12% more Christian than Islam.

Also, 70% of Muslims in this country vote Democrat.

Simply put, if the current trend continues and you get into a voting war with Muslims in this country, you're going to lose.

I'm not Muslim, but I'm also not getting into a pissing match with them when it comes to politics.

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 19:13
The walmart in detroit now has pork-free check out lines in response to their muslim population.

Clearly, you are in favor of mulsim laws in this country provided they are voted on.

If the store wants to cater to a specific customer base, that's fine by me.

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 19:16

Let them take a shot at it and watch the the atheists and the Christians unite together against them. Your fears are a little far fetched, I'd say.

frank4570
10-24-2012, 19:17
If the store wants to cater to a specific customer base, that's fine by me.

They are responding to the population.

Please just say for the record that you prefer muslim laws to the lack of religion in government. If that is what the people vote for.

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 19:20
Christians have as much right to shape this country as anybody else. Deal with it MAN.

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 19:24
They are responding to the population.

Please just say for the record that you prefer muslim laws to the lack of religion in government. If that is what the people vote for.

Christians have as much of a right to shape this country as any other voting group. You're just going to have to deal with that man. Moan all you want I don't care. I've stated my opinion and don't give a rats what you think about it, and I'm not going to try and justify it to you. I'm not going to play the equivalent of the Twister Game of logic with you.

G36's Rule
10-24-2012, 19:35
Christians have as much of a right to shape this country as any other voting group. You're just going to have to deal with that man. Moan all you want I don't care. I've stated my opinion and don't give a rats what you think about it, and I'm not going to try and justify it to you. I'm not going to play the equivalent of the Twister Game of logic with you.

Twister game of logic... I like that, and so true.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 19:44

You still don't get it. NO religion, Christian or not, should be shaping this country or getting into politics. Our laws can be created and overturned just fine without any religion being involved.

KalashniKEV
10-24-2012, 19:46

Yes... that's certainly something we never, ever hear anything at all about. I wonder why?

It's clearly a conspiracy!

It's not republican vs democrat.

It's not about god either- it's about owning and controlling the *****, plain and simple.

How about no religious laws at all?

Why aren't these people attacked violently (and physically) when they seek to impose their false morality on others?

frank4570
10-24-2012, 19:50

Please say that you are in favor christians obeying of muslim laws in this country if you are out voted.

Woofie
10-24-2012, 20:00
This thread illustrates clearly why the Republican party tends to be characterized as the party of the Jesus Freaks. Your Puritan attitude towards social issues that are none of your business turns off most of the independent voters who would agree with and vote for the Republicans on most other issues.

KalashniKEV
10-24-2012, 20:05
...things that God is against.

No such person.

Worrying about the Christian Taliban is on par with the loons worrying about the UN herding folks into concentration camps.

I don't think so. The Radical Right-wing Christian Taliban is HERE (right here, actually) and they will be voting in the election. When the United Nations shows up to take over the United States, or take all the guns, or whatever it is, then it will be "on par" with the Kookistani Patriots for Jeebus.

gjk5
10-24-2012, 20:07
Agreed.

the hard on you have for "christian laws" cracks me up.

you realize that while christianity is responsible for some of the most reprehensible acts in history, it is also responsible for most of the "humane" laws as well right?

tantrix
10-24-2012, 20:12
Please say that you are in favor christians obeying of muslim laws in this country if you are out voted.

Nope...he ain't gonna say it. Reason is, he's fine with religion being involved in politics, as long as it's his religion. And there's 1st hand proof of why religion never has and never will mix well with politics.

you realize that while christianity is responsible for some of the most reprehensible acts in history, it is also responsible for most of the "humane" laws as well right?

It doesn't take a Christian to create "humane" laws...all it takes is decent human beings. And don't even try to imply that Christians are 'morally superior' than say Atheists or any of that garbage...I am Christian myself, and I will freely admit that is false.

G36's Rule
10-24-2012, 20:15
I don't think....

FIFY

Christians split pretty much down the middle politically. They ignore the respective churches when it suits them. Evangelicals are the strongest of the conservatives with about 70% voting Republican.

But as I stated earlier, if they could have done something they would have during the Bush 43 years. The Christian Taliban doesn't exist.

gjk5
10-24-2012, 20:19
It doesn't take a Christian to create "humane" laws...all it takes is decent human beings. And don't even try to imply that Christians are 'morally superior' than say Atheists or any of that garbage...I am Christian myself, and I will freely admit that is false.

I don't think I said that. At all.

gjk5
10-24-2012, 20:20
The Christian Taliban doesn't exist.

DOES NOT EXIST. THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

Troof.

Show me a stoning or lashes please.......

Retards.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 20:36
I don't think I said that. At all.

No, but I was prepared for what was expected to follow.

Anyway...

My point was, regardless of anyone's religion, they should vote for who and what gives every man in this country more freedom. But, that isn't going to happen...too many people choose to consult their religious beliefs when it comes to the laws of man.

KalashniKEV
10-24-2012, 20:42
The Christian Taliban doesn't exist.

They're right here on GlockTalk spreading hate, ignorance, and intolerance.

frank4570
10-24-2012, 21:00

I don't want them responsible for anything in the US govt. Yes, they are responsible for some of the most reprehensible. Normal humans don't need religion to know murdering and stealing is wrong. Maybe christians need that, but normal humans don't need it. I'm glad religion is around to keep a leash on christians. The rest of us just want a reasonable govt.

wrx04
10-24-2012, 21:23

"No"

This point of view is sickening. You can apply the same poor logic to any crime.

frank4570
10-24-2012, 21:29
And just to make it perfectly clear. If Obama wins, it will be because of the religious people in the republican party.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 21:33
And just to make it perfectly clear. If Obama wins, it will be because of the religious people in the republican party.

Yep. I've said this in several threads myself.

Sveke
10-24-2012, 21:34

Exactly!

HollowHead
10-24-2012, 21:47

Only a fool would disagree. Well said, Sir. HH

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 22:13
We Christians are through giving ground. We're taking ground from now on.

HollowHead
10-24-2012, 22:28
We Christians are through giving ground. We're taking ground from now on.

Would you care to elaborate? HH

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 22:31
Would you care to elaborate? HH

No. You can ponder that and figure it out for yourself.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 22:37

If intolerance is what you mean, I believe it.

HollowHead
10-24-2012, 22:41

I'm calling you on your post. Would you care to back that up? HH

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 22:42
If intolerance is what you mean, I believe it.

No, we have a homosexual in our shooting group, and, naturally, I treat him like everybody else. He doesn't make an issue of it and neither do I. I still vote against gay marriage when it shows up on the state ballot.

HollowHead
10-24-2012, 22:45
No, we have a homosexual in our shooting group, and, naturally, I treat him like everybody else. He doesn't make an issue of it and neither do I. I still vote against gay marriage when it shows up on the state ballot.

Then by your own admission, you don't "treat him like everybody else."

tantrix
10-24-2012, 22:48

Then you're just pretending to be tolerant. Thanks for confirming what I said.

So, have you told the gay guy in your shooting group that you vote that way?

jp3975
10-24-2012, 22:56

"No"

The problem is, what he said was idiotic and hurts the party. He should have just lied about how he feels like every other politician.

Christians are going to vote for the guy who's anti-abortion accept for rape/incest over the abortion on demand dem every time.

Lots of Christians want people to be able to abort in case of rape.

So he won ZERO votes over his stance that he shouldve kept to himself.

But he sure gave libs a lot of ammo and an issue to rave about and turned off a lot of voters that may have otherwise voted for him.

Reps in general lose face over such idiotic comments.

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 22:59
Then you're just pretending to be tolerant. Thanks for confirming what I said.

So, have you told the gay guy in your shooting group that you vote that way?

When a choice is put before me on a ballot, I will vote consistent with my beliefs.

He's never asked. If he asked I would.

tantrix
10-24-2012, 23:02
When a choice is put before me on a ballot, I will vote consistent with my beliefs.

There you go. You do treat him different, he just doesn't know it. If you vote to limit someone else's rights, then don't say you treat him like everybody else.

You believe that he deserves as much rights as you want him to have as a gay man.

HollowHead
10-24-2012, 23:03

So you do treat him differently. Got it. HH

Little Joe
10-24-2012, 23:10
You can twist it however you want and claim a gottcha victory. I will continue to respect the man's dignity on a interpersonal level and continue to vote my conscience.

HollowHead
10-24-2012, 23:13
You can twist it however you want and claim a gottcha victory. I will continue to respect the man's dignity on a interpersonal level and continue to vote my conscience.

There's no "twisting" here. You clearly do not respect his lifestyle or his dignity. HH

dre23
10-24-2012, 23:38

I think it has no business ever being on a ballot.

jp3975
10-25-2012, 00:58

Just like anti-gunners do.They dont like guns, so they are trying to ban them. You dont like gay marriage so you are trying to stop others from doing it.

Its never right to try to limit what others can do. If gays want a legal contract issued by the court house, who does it hurt?

It affects you how?

People should be able to do as they damn well please so long as they dont infringe on another person's rights.

Dont like guns? Dont get one. Dont like gay marriage? Marry the opposite sex. Dont like alcohol/ciggs? Dont drink/smoke. Dont like large soda? Dont order it. Dont like mj? Dont smoke it.

All these senseless people trying to ban everything they dont like need to think outside of their narrow view and picture what it would be like if you had someone trying to stop you from doing something you want that affects no one but you.

Just because you think something is wrong doesnt mean there ought to be a law. That's whats wrong with this country.

You would probably ban non-christian religions if you could too. They dont line up with your beliefs, right?

tantrix
10-25-2012, 01:38
Just like anti-gunners do.They dont like guns, so they are trying to ban them. You dont like gay marriage so you are trying to stop others from doing it.

Its never right to try to limit what others can do. If gays want a legal contract issued by the court house, who does it hurt?

It affects you how?

People should be able to do as they damn well please so long as they dont infringe on another person's rights.

Dont like guns? Dont get one. Dont like gay marriage? Marry the opposite sex. Dont like alcohol/ciggs? Dont drink/smoke. Dont like large soda? Dont order it. Dont like mj? Dont smoke it.

All these senseless people trying to ban everything they dont like need to think outside of their narrow view and picture what it would be like if you had someone trying to stop you from doing something you want that affects no one but you.

Just because you think something is wrong doesnt mean there ought to be a law. That's whats wrong with this country.

You would probably ban non-christian religions if you could too. They dont line up with your beliefs, right?

Stop trying to inject sense into this thread...

Little Joe
10-25-2012, 01:39
You clearly do not respect his lifestyle or his dignity. HH

Because you pontificate it to be so?

My position is reasonable to reasonable people.

Little Joe
10-25-2012, 01:49
It affects you how?

It affects me when I stand before God and account for the choice I made when the vote was presented to me.

dre23
10-25-2012, 01:54
It affects me when I stand before God and account for the choice I made when the vote was presented to me.

It is a matter of equal rights, that should not be on a ballot for a vote. Solves the issue of standing before God explaining a yeah or nay vote.

Fiery Red XIII
10-25-2012, 02:06
Then by your own admission, you don't "treat him like everybody else."

Yes he does... any single man can marry any single woman. The same.

Red

Fiery Red XIII
10-25-2012, 02:06
It is a matter of equal rights, that should not be on a ballot for a vote. Solves the issue of standing before God explaining a yeah or nay vote.

It is equal... a single man can marry a single woman.

Red

tantrix
10-25-2012, 02:16
It is equal... a single man can marry a single woman.

Red

Says who? I believe that's up to the two people involved. Explain how you get to dictate who marries who, and why it matters to you.

Gunhaver
10-25-2012, 06:57

Think about that for a moment. You actually think that a supreme being will someday judge you harshly for giving the wrong answer on the issue of whether people should be treated differently based on the type of genitals they like to play with.

That's insane.

Gunhaver
10-25-2012, 07:13
Again, you, like the others, appear peeved that many people don't agree with you. I don't. You can't spin abortion to me in way that keeps it from being the taking of an innocent life. Liberals have tried every arguement under the sun to do that.

You have to learn to settle for what you have, and give up trying to convince everyone that your moral view is superior because it was recently ratified by the Supreme Court. If your arguments worked, it would have already happened. It hasn't.

But convincing other people is how we win. Why give up a winning strategy? Abortion is still legal, gay marriage in some places and much more to follow, pot is probably getting legalized over on the left coast soon and my cat and dog are spooning beside the fireplace. More people are doing more of what they like in this country and more other people can stfu if they don't like it.

series1811
10-25-2012, 07:34
I'm familiar with Burke...but why does it matter, he was a staunch pro-lifer. Be more specific.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

So do you think he was full of it?

Sveke
10-25-2012, 09:30

You're a closed minded bigot.

Why do you give a flying **** what he does in his private time? Let me ask you again to be clear, why do you spend one second of your life on earth thinking about who that dude sleeps with?

This it's the exact mentality that is sinking our party.