www.vetsuccess.gov [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : www.vetsuccess.gov

NMG26
10-24-2012, 08:56
Anyone use this website?

I registered about 3 months ago and never got an email from them for verification. I wanted to check out their job listings. Today I get an email encouraging me to log in and check them out. I try and no luck. Can't log in. So I try to get my password to me. It says it does not recognize my username or Email. So I try to re-register. It says my email is already in the system.

It is a fat system, but it seems that it is impossible to get anything done there. I wasted 30 minutes. It tells me to to contact the site admin but leaves no way to do it.

It has to be a joke.

kensb2
10-24-2012, 09:00
This sounds like a typical .gov run operation!!!

Geko45
10-24-2012, 09:01
It's the VA, whadaya expect? I've had similar experiences trying to use thier eBenefits site for educational and home loan benefits. It's a terrible site that barely functions.

Now, using the Texas Hazelwood Act site for state veteran education benefits was a breeze.

NMG26
10-24-2012, 09:09
This sounds like a typical .gov run operation!!!

My experience as well.

It's the VA, whadaya expect? I've had similar experiences trying to use thier eBenefits site for educational and home loan benefits. It's a terrible site that barely functions.

Now using Texas's Hazelwood Act site for state veteran education benefits was a breeze.

Barely functions is right.

I guess if I really need something I will go to the state run vet job program and get on their computer and into the system that way.

A few months ago I was out of the job and needed some benefits. It said I could do it on line. I used their form and sent it in. Some DD form. Then a month later I get the form in the mail saying I have to send a hard copy. I never sent it. A fat system.