Glock 19 4th Gen w/ trigger job [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 4th Gen w/ trigger job

Constantine88
10-24-2012, 12:07
Hello all..

Recently sold my Glock 27 (which was paired with my Glock 22 but I then moved to Glock 17) and replaced it with a Glock 19 for CCW.

Since I have the 19 as my personal weapon. I had a trigger job done to it... Now to make a really long story over a long time short.

I had to go back to the smith several times. He lowered the trigger to 2.5lbs and it shot like a dream. However, my biggest concern was it was unreliable. It did this the first time I before I took it back to him..

The trigger would not work. It would go back all the way and come back forward. Then out of nowhere work again.

Took it back he did something, then...second thing.

It would shoot and the trigger would stay back... :faint:

So..Back to factory it went. Of course back to 100% reliability.

Now, he says it's all the 4th Gen's fault. I think it's a cop out. What do you guys think?

DocWills
10-24-2012, 12:22
All smiths are not created equal, caveat emptor.:supergrin:

zachm
10-24-2012, 12:26
Sounds like a copout. There are quite a few threads on here discussing reliable trigger upgrades. This guy sounds like a hack.

Constantine88
10-24-2012, 12:27
Amen to that brother. I loved how much fun it was to shoot with that trigger. I have that pull on 2 of my 1911's. Oh well...

Tiro Fijo
10-24-2012, 12:28
...What do you guys think?

If you can't shoot an OEM trigger well then you won't shoot a light trigger well. It's the Indian & not the arrow. Besides, never use an aftermarket ignition system on a Glock used for defense (if this is indeed your self defense gun). Quit throwing your money away on goofball trigger work and just practice. :wavey:

Constantine88
10-24-2012, 12:31
Sounds like a copout. There are quite a few threads on here discussing reliable trigger upgrades. This guy sounds like a hack.

+1 doesn't sound too legit. As if saying Moe, Dick, and Harry had the same problem helps justify it.

Hard to find really good smiths in Miami.

Constantine88
10-24-2012, 12:33
If you can't shoot an OEM trigger well then you won't shoot a light trigger well. It's the Indian & not the arrow. Besides, never use an aftermarket ignition system on a Glock used for defense (if this is indeed your self defense gun). Quit throwing your money away on goofball trigger work and just practice. :wavey:

Who says I can't shoot it well? Assumptions assumptions. lol

I wanted fun with it while I was deciding what to make of it (carry or range). Back to stock, back to carry. Messing with the 1911 myself now. :supergrin: