Trump offers obama $5mil to charity for college records [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trump offers obama $5mil to charity for college records

W420Hunter
10-24-2012, 12:25
Any one think we will still not see them? And I would cant wate to hear all the Left trolls come up with now to excuse why he wont.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/10/24/Trump-Offers-Obama-Deal-For-College-Records

IndianaMatt
10-24-2012, 12:27
This is just so shocking, I'm just in such shock. Wow, really unexpected.

Actually, another boost for Obama. Keep talking, Trump.

Idiot.

W420Hunter
10-24-2012, 12:38

Idiot.

First off how is this a boot for Obama? Next after pledging to be the most transparent administration in history why is he hiding everything? 10 million in hiding his birth data, never let out his college info, Pelosi tells us in order to know what is in the bill we have to pass is, and last but not least a trillion $ health care bill that was called to a vote before any one could hope to read it all. This is what you call transparent? And last but not least who is the idiot? The man who has built a trillion $ empire, of the little man hurling insults at some one who will never hear them? :whistling:

whoflungdo
10-24-2012, 12:39
Any one think we will still not see them? And I would cant wate to hear all the Left trolls come up with now to excuse why he wont.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/10/24/Trump-Offers-Obama-Deal-For-College-Records

Where was The Donald in 07 and 08? Don't worry, the leftists won't have to even comment on this. It's not like the MSM will pick this up and run with it.

10-24-2012, 13:09

Idiot.

Just a few weeks ago all of the leftists/dems were calling for mittens to release his taxes. He's hiding something, they said. Must be something illegal, they said.

Since day one, Obama has sealed his records. What's he hiding?

So much for the campaign promise of a transparent government.

Gundude
10-24-2012, 14:09
Where was The Donald in 07 and 08? Don't worry, the leftists won't have to even comment on this. It's not like the MSM will pick this up and run with it.Oh, they'll run with it, just not in the way you'd like them to.

whoflungdo
10-24-2012, 14:13
Oh, they'll run with it, just not in the way you'd like them to.

You are correct. They aren't too concerned with finding the truth.:whistling:

Thanks for playing..

Gundude
10-24-2012, 14:19
You are correct. They aren't too concerned with finding the truth.:whistling:

Thanks for playing..If you're expecting me to defend the integrity of the MSM, you've got me confused with somebody else.

They will play up the buffoon angle, and then lump others who are legitimately curious about those college records into the same pigeonhole.

Trump didn't do Romney any favors today.

tslex
10-24-2012, 14:19
Soros offers to pay $5MM to charity of Romney's choice in exchange for 10 years of tax returns in 5..... 4..... 3..... 2.... 1.....

Seriously. Did Trump really need attention THIS badly to interject himself into this in a way that cannot possibly help his guy?

LASTRESORT20
10-24-2012, 14:24
~ "The caveat, he says, is that they have to be submitted by Oct. 31." ~

`Nice Quagmire Trump put Obunga in.....for all to hear and see.....I expect the The left-Leaning Media will down play this....5 Million dollars is a hefty sum to be donated to a "charity"....Bleeding-heart Liberals should jump all over this if there is nothing to H I D E!!!....as we all know though....Liberal agenda comes first over country & Family for them!! `

W420Hunter
10-24-2012, 14:25
Soros offers to pay $5MM to charity of Romney's choice in exchange for 10 years of tax returns in 5..... 4..... 3..... 2.... 1.....

Seriously. Did Trump really need attention THIS badly to interject himself into this in a way that cannot possibly help his guy?

Wow talk about a epic fail. You really do not watch the news much, Romney ended up putting out his tax returns for the last 10 years weeks ago. But way to make yourself look a fool.

whoflungdo
10-24-2012, 14:26
If you're expecting me to defend the integrity of the MSM, you've got me confused with somebody else.

They will play up the buffoon angle, and then lump others who are legitimately curious about those college records into the same pigeonhole.

Trump didn't do Romney any favors today.

Why are you assuming Trump was attempting to do anything for Romney. Trump is all about Trump... and no one else..

IvanVic
10-24-2012, 14:48
Romney ended up putting out his tax returns for the last 10 years weeks ago. But way to make yourself look a fool.

How did I miss this? Link? Are you sure you didn't mean 2010 instead of "10"?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

series1811
10-24-2012, 14:53

Why did you think the left quit talking about it?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/09/21/democrats_media_get_punkd_romney_releases_tax_returns

But, if anybody thought Romney releasing those was going to get Obama to release anything, they were wrong.

Hence, the Donald.

Make sense, now?

tslex
10-24-2012, 14:57
Wow talk about a epic fail. You really do not watch the news much, Romney ended up putting out his tax returns for the last 10 years weeks ago. But way to make yourself look a fool.

Sigh. I should have known GT wasn't the place for irony. Let me try to walk you through it.

First, Romney has released whatever he has released, but . . . .

Second, I couldn't care less what Romney's tax returns say and if no campaign law requires him to disclose them, he's more than entitled not to disclose them, [or to publish them in newspaper, or disclose only the odd years] so long as he's willing to take the heat for that non-disclosure -- which he has done pretty well, blunting the issue effectively, except that now . . .

Third, my post was about the stupidity and narcissism of TRUMP, and how utterly ineffectual this action was -- and worse than that, how it provided a perfect opportunity for the Ds to spark the tax return non-disclosure back up into a fire [or demand another 20 years or his investment holdings or whatever] because . . .

Fourth, again, Trump is a narcissist -- and I think really not too bright -- so that his "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" was as likely to have a negative effect on the guy he says he supports as to have a positive one.

See, you wasted a perfectly good rabid and reflexive attack on a supposed Obama supporter who -- not for nuthin' -- doesn't support Obama at all.

ETA: I think -- think -- Romney has disclosed only a few years of actual returns, along with summaries of other years going back a good ways. Could be wrong. The point is, whatever he has disclosed, doubtless the Ds could/would demand more. And this dumb Trump Stunt cannot possibly have any beneficial effect.

whoflungdo
10-24-2012, 14:57

Probably because like the left it was only a talking point and attempt at distraction from the truth to you.

tslex
10-24-2012, 15:02
Why are you assuming Trump was attempting to do anything for Romney. Trump is all about Trump... and no one else..

This has the sonorous ring of truth.

jakebrake
10-24-2012, 15:06

pretty much.

IvanVic
10-24-2012, 15:08
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/09/21/democrats_media_get_punkd_romney_releases_tax_returns

This I did hear of, it was a summary of those 10 years, not the actual tax returns. Yes, this does make more sense now, since all of us would have certainly heard if the actual returns were released. I don't care either way, 2 years was enough for me - I just thought I was going crazy for a moment when he said this and I had somehow not heard about it.

W420Hunter
10-24-2012, 15:12
Sigh. I should have known GT wasn't the place for irony. Let me try to walk you through it.

First, Romney has released whatever he has released, but . . . .

Second, I couldn't care less what Romney's tax returns say and if no campaign law requires him to disclose them, he's more than entitled not to disclose them, [or to publish them in newspaper, or disclose only the odd years] so long as he's willing to take the heat for that non-disclosure -- which he has done pretty well, blunting the issue effectively, except that now . . .

Third, my post was about the stupidity and narcissism of TRUMP, and how utterly ineffectual this action was -- and worse than that, how it provided a perfect opportunity for the Ds to spark the tax return non-disclosure back up into a fire [or demand another 20 years or his investment holdings or whatever] because . . .

Fourth, again, Trump is a narcissist -- and I think really not too bright -- so that his "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" was as likely to have a negative effect on the guy he says he supports as to have a positive one.

See, you wasted a perfectly good rabid and reflexive attack on a supposed Obama supporter who -- not for nuthin' -- doesn't support Obama at all.

ETA: I think -- think -- Romney has disclosed only a few years of actual returns, along with summaries of other years going back a good ways. Could be wrong. The point is, whatever he has disclosed, doubtless the Ds could/would demand more. And this dumb Trump Stunt cannot possibly have any beneficial effect.

First weather you support Obama or not you look stupid for asking Romney to do something he has already done. Next But what? Or do you have nothing to say there? For that matter what does your first to points trail off into nothingness? Kind of under mines any point you have. Next your 3ed and 4th points are off topic at best. You can't attack what he says so you turn the topic to other matters. Hell your first post changed the topic. This was an attack on Romney and you failed.

Bren
10-24-2012, 15:13
This I did hear of, it was a summary of those 10 years, not the actual tax returns. Yes, this does make more sense now, since all of us would have certainly heard if the actual returns were released. I don't care either way, 2 years was enough for me - I just thought I was going crazy for a moment when he said this and I had somehow not heard about it.

Yeah, that Romney. A couple of years of actual tax returns and financial documents with the major financial info going back to 1999 (http://www.mittromney.com/disclosure)for him, his wife, his kids, related trusts, etc....that guy must be hiding something.:rofl:

series1811
10-24-2012, 15:16

But, it does make sense why the left dropped it, right?

And, why, Trump, is once again, trying to shame Obama into releaseing his college and travel records?

Not that Obama would ever do it. Obama has obivously decided that the damage of leaving them hidden is less than the damage of letting them out. He should know.

tslex
10-24-2012, 15:22
First weather you support Obama or not you look stupid for asking Romney to do something he has already done. Next But what? Or do you have nothing to say there? For that matter what does your first to points trail off into nothingness? Kind of under mines any point you have. Next your 3ed and 4th points are off topic at best. You can't attack what he says so you turn the topic to other matters. Hell your first post changed the topic. This was an attack on Romney and you failed.

FWIW, Romney has NOT released his returns for 10 years. He released summaries. Not the same thing, but I don't care if he ever releases a page from his tax returns. He isn't required to and I'd have been happier if his position form the start had been "No. I am not required to reveal the returns and I'm not going to. . . Now let's talk about unemployment and what you plan to do about it."

And get this through your thick, impenetrable skull -- I wasn't attacking ROMNEY. I support Romney in this. I was making a point about Trump and his stupid stunt.

But you know what -- never mind. It's like trying to explain a transistor to a kalahari bushman.

ETA: Seriously, you are not capable of even understanding the purpose of the ellipsis designed to make it all one long sentence. On consideration, I apologize for using all the big words and punctuation and stuff.

whoflungdo
10-24-2012, 15:24
FWIW, Romney has NOT released his returns for 10 years. He released summaries. Not the same thing, but I don't care if he ever releases a page from his tax returns. He isn't required to and I'd have been happier if his position form the start had been "No. I am not required to reveal the returns and I'm not going to. . . Now let's talk about unemployment and what you plan to do about it."

And get this through your thick, impenetrable skull -- I wasn't attacking ROMNEY. I support Romney in this. I was making a point about Trump and his stupid stunt.

But you know what -- never mind. It's like trying to explain a transistor to kalahari bushman.

Why would you even attempt that? That says quite a bit about you....

W420Hunter
10-24-2012, 15:26

But you know what -- never mind. It's like trying to explain a transistor to kalahari bushman.

ETA: Seriously, you are not capable of even understanding the purpose of the ellipsis in each of the sentences. On consideration, I apologize for using all the big words and punctuation and stuff.
Wow way to skip over half the things I asked you, and by the way if it was something you could care less about then why even bring it up?

tslex
10-24-2012, 15:31
My thoughts, re-phrased for W420Hunter:

Trump is a stinky blowhard.

This won't help Romney.

The Democrats' stinky rich guy might try the same dumb idea.

Trump is a stinky blowhard..

[If you remember Garret Morris on SNL's weekend update "assisting" Chevy Chase with the news for the students of "New York School for the Deaf," this is kind of the same thing, except it's a re-broadcast for the just BARELY literate.]

W420Hunter
10-24-2012, 15:31
And summaries are way more then we have got from Obama about his college years.

W420Hunter
10-24-2012, 15:33
My thoughts, re-phrased for W420Hunter:

Trump is a stinky blowhard.

This won't help Romney.

The Democrats' stinky rich guy might try the same dumb idea.

Trump is a stinky blowhard..

[If you remember Garret Morris on SNL's weekend update "assisting" Chevy Chase with the news for the students of "New York School for the Deaf," this is kind of the same thing, except it's a re-broadcast for the just BARELY literate.]
Once again you can not attack what he says so you attack him, you make it about Romney when he has nothing to do with them matter, then you attack me. Yea you have some real good points to make.

tslex
10-24-2012, 15:39
Why would you even attempt that? That says quite a bit about you....

That I rise every morning, refreshed in new hope for my fellow man?

That despite my years and hard experience, I retain a spark of boyish optimism?

That until it is demonstrated irrefutably, I try not to believe that a fellow American, heir to our great educational system, is incapable of reading and comprehending the language of our land, and of engaging in critical thinking?

That I have special confidence in a fellow self-professed conservative that leads me to believe he will be capable of rational thought, and not a slave to his emotions and pre-conceptions?

It's true, WFD, I am a man with flaws. :crying:

tslex
10-24-2012, 15:40
:thumbsup:Once again . . . [slight excision] . . . you have some real good points to make.

Thanks Hunter! :wavey:

[Do you want me to try to explain what the little dots mean again? :rofl:]

[And don't be self conscious about not knowing when to use an adverb instead of an adjective. One step at a time, little buddy. :thumbsup: ]

MZBKA
10-24-2012, 15:54

I support sunny weather usually. Unless it's Winter. Then I like snow. Lots and lots of snow and cold!

W420Hunter
10-24-2012, 15:56
:thumbsup:

Thanks Hunter! :wavey:

[Do you want me to try to explain what the little dots mean again? :rofl:]

[And don't be self conscious about not knowing when to use an adverb instead of an adjective. One step at a time, little buddy. :thumbsup: ]

Yea there was no sarcasm in that at all. Way to glance over everything but what you want to replay to. What a tool.

Gundude
10-24-2012, 16:33
Why are you assuming Trump was attempting to do anything for Romney. Trump is all about Trump... and no one else..I'm not. It was just a colloquialism.

IvanVic
10-24-2012, 19:20
But, it does make sense why the left dropped it, right?

Yep, especially when you look at charitable contributions.

tslex
10-24-2012, 20:39
Yea there was no sarcasm in that at all. Way to glance over everything but what you want to replay to. What a tool.

Sarcasm? Sarcasm, you say?

Well, golly, now I'm hurt. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yessir How High
10-24-2012, 21:46
I yam a simple person.

If someone offered to pay the charity of my choice 5 million bux for the release of my college transcripts and my passport records, I would jump at the chance.

5 million bux to the GOA?

Where do I sign?

There is something mysterious afoot.

Yessir How High

Flintlocker
10-24-2012, 23:05
You guppies took the bait again. How many times will you fall for the same old crap? Answer: You will always fall for it because you're irrational and driven by your emotions.

countrygun
10-24-2012, 23:10
You guppies took the bait again. How many times will you fall for the same old crap? Answer: You will always fall for it because you're irrational and driven by your emotions.

You need to pay more attention otherwise you end up looking as dumb as usual for you.

Go through the posts here and see how many conservative, or non conservative folks were expecting it to be the bust it was.

You only see what you want because you are driven by emotion.

Vic777
10-25-2012, 03:46
He should have offered the money to Obama. lieberals don't give to charities.

Maybe someone in the College records department can be bought.

JFrame
10-25-2012, 05:21
You need to pay more attention otherwise you end up looking as dumb as usual for you.

Go through the posts here and see how many conservative, or non conservative folks were expecting it to be the bust it was.

Emotionalism is certainly part of the equation. An absolute absence of ethics is the other.

happyguy
10-25-2012, 06:10
Trump's $5,000,000.00 is perfectly safe.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

JFrame
10-25-2012, 06:13
Trump's $5,000,000.00 is perfectly safe.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

...Ya think? :supergrin:

series1811
10-25-2012, 07:01

You DU guys have pretty much given up on converting us, haven't you? :supergrin:

tslex
10-25-2012, 08:20

'zackly.

Trump is for Trump and -- for reasons I don't pretend to understand -- seems ALWAYS to get the attention he pathologically craves. But the grown-ups knew this "bombshell" would be nonsense. If he wants to help Romney with $5MM, how about feeding into a PAC that can run some ads or fund some elecitoneering?

series1811
10-25-2012, 08:22
'zackly.

Trump is for Trump and -- for reasons I don't pretend to understand -- seems ALWAYS to get the attention he pathologically craves. But the grown-ups knew this "bombshell" would be nonsense. If he wants to help Romney with $5MM, how about feeding into a PAC that can run some ads or fund some elecitoneering?

Trump (but, really no more than Obama himself) is the living walking breathing definition of meglomania. :supergrin:

tslex
10-25-2012, 08:53
Trump (but, really no more than Obama himself) is the living walking breathing definition of meglomania. :supergrin:

Agreed.

What I think ought to peeve Romney supporters is that this ends up being a distraction, it associates Romney with a guy many people dislike and -- worse -- consider silly. It takes the heat off of Benghazi -- which should have gotten LOTS more attention with the release of the DOS emails showing they knew it was a terrorist attack from the jump. And so on.

Instead, 24-36 hours of the news cycle is given over to this nonsense, that does NOTHING to move any voter that Romney needs.

FFR Spyder GT
10-25-2012, 09:29
Why did you think the left quit talking about it?

But, if anybody thought Romney releasing those was going to get Obama to release anything, they were wrong.

Hence, the Donald.

Make sense, now?

Those are NOT tax returns, just financial disclosures.

Big difference.

Besides that those weren't released, they are public record.

series1811
10-25-2012, 09:32
Those are NOT tax returns, just financial disclosures.

Big difference.

Besides that those weren't released, they are public record.

No, there are tax returns in there, too. They just didn't say what the Democrats hoped they would.

Now, about those college records and foreign travel records. We're never going to see those, are we?

whoflungdo
10-25-2012, 09:33
No, there are tax returns in there, too. They just didn't say what the Democrats hoped they would.

Now, about those college records. We're never see those, are we?

Hoped? I thought Harry Reid had a smoking gun of actual fraud, lies, or tax cheating... He had proof!!!!

rgregoryb
10-25-2012, 09:37
Harry Reid should be sued.

Gundude
10-25-2012, 10:20
Harry Reid should be sued.The world coudn't survive the number of lawyers it would take to sue every politician who slandered another.

tslex
10-25-2012, 10:52

Now, about those college records and foreign travel records. We're never going to see those, are we?

Never. Which to me is WAY more telling than Romney's hedging or reluctance on tax records.

Look Romney's a rich successful business guy who, I presume, did all he could to pay as few taxes as possible. That's what every American does, so I don't understand why the Ds think tax records showing he paid low taxes are going to hurt him with most folks.

Ah, but college records, there could be some really problematic stuff in there. Do I think the president was born in Kenya? But what if he CLAIMED foreign birth to get some advantage? And who knows what's in the disciplinary records. I think Obama's failure to disclose that stuff is a bigger deal than any non-disclosure (or partial non-disclosure or whatever) of Romney's taxes.

But I think TRUMP getting involved turns the whole thing into a joke and defuses it's impact completely.

series1811
10-26-2012, 07:02
Never. Which to me is WAY more telling than Romney's hedging or reluctance on tax records.

Look Romney's a rich successful business guy who, I presume, did all he could to pay as few taxes as possible. That's what every American does, so I don't understand why the Ds think tax records showing he paid low taxes are going to hurt him with most folks.

Ah, but college records, there could be some really problematic stuff in there. Do I think the president was born in Kenya? But what if he CLAIMED foreign birth to get some advantage? And who knows what's in the disciplinary records. I think Obama's failure to disclose that stuff is a bigger deal than any non-disclosure (or partial non-disclosure or whatever) of Romney's taxes.

But I think TRUMP getting involved turns the whole thing into a joke and defuses it's impact completely.

It doesn't matter. There is no way on God's green earth Obama would ever release those records. And, if they contain what circumstancial evidence is indicating they probably contain, I wouldn't either.

Losing the election is bad. Being the first president to wear stripes in a prison would be much worse.

Paul7
10-26-2012, 15:08
He probably wants to hide his major in Marxism and minor in Islamic Studies,or something.

certifiedfunds
10-26-2012, 17:35
He probably wants to hide his major in Marxism and minor in Islamic Studies,or something.

Hall monitor for the student bath house.