Republican Mourdock On Abortion: Pregnancy by Rape 'Something God Intended' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Republican Mourdock On Abortion: Pregnancy by Rape 'Something God Intended'

IndianaMatt
10-24-2012, 12:26
Lol! Keep talking, republicans. This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Indiana GOP U.S. Senate candidate Richard Mourdock declared Tuesday night he opposes aborting pregnancies conceived in rape because "it is something that God intended to happen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/richard-mourdock-abortion_n_2007482.html

JFrame
10-24-2012, 13:10
That was certainly a stupid thing for Mourdock to say.

FFR Spyder GT
10-24-2012, 14:54
That was certainly a stupid thing for Mourdock to say.

He's a Right-Winger.

Very rarely do they ever say anything that isn't stupid. Your post is an exception to the rule.

Plus to show how pathetic most right-winger are, if a (D) had said something just as stupid by now there would be 5 different threads with 250 posts about the statement, but look what's been posted so far.

Spyder

JFrame
10-24-2012, 15:01
He's a Right-Winger.

Very rarely do they ever say anything that isn't stupid. Your post is an exception to the rule.

Plus to show how pathetic most right-winger are, if a (D) had said something just as stupid by now there would be 5 different threads with 250 posts about the statement, but look what's been posted so far.

Spyder

Speaking of saying stupid things...

Spyder on statistical math:

Even the Fox Noise polls has Obama ahead 46% to 44% with a 4.5% margin of error.

Let's see.............

46 + 4.5 = 50.5 = 51%

44 - 4.5 = 39.5 = 40%

Spyder

Spyder opining that Obama won the first debate:

I guess y'all watched a different debate than the rest of the world watched.

Spyder remarking that he wasn't aware that local law enforcement cooperated with federal law enforcement:

I didn't realize that it was a city cop's job to enforce federal laws.

Spyder opining that one has to be a racist to vote for Romney:

How can anyone that's a gun owner, a Veteran or a Christian support Romney?

Oh, that's right....... because Obama is black.

...And this was a mystifying quote that had nothing to do with anything else that was going on in this particular thread (a clear indication that Spyder hears "voices"):

Crowley was RIGHT!

She told Romney that his numbers didn't add up and she was RIGHT!

LASTRESORT20
10-24-2012, 15:06
"Stupid Things Democrats "Liberals" Say...."
Here ya go `Indiana`Spice up your Life... works both ways...whooopie! :yawn:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2737274/posts

AlexHassin
10-24-2012, 15:07
and if the woman gets an abortion she was doing what go intended.
and if you rob a bank and shoot a clerk you are doing what god intend
and if you insert horrible thing then it was what god intended.

scary logic, and who was it who ever said atheist are immoral?

beforeobamabans
10-24-2012, 15:55
I'll take Mourdock and Akin in the US Senate anyday over Donnelly and McCaskill. You pro-baby killers have a lot of explaining to do.

Providence
10-24-2012, 15:59
I'll take Mourdock and Akin in the US Senate anyday over Donnelly and McCaskill. You pro-baby killers have a lot of explaining to do.i with you there! Donnelly and McCaskill are crooks! They and their group have been in charge since 2006, and we see how we'll that has worked out.

Jeff82
10-24-2012, 16:11
That's not what Mourdock said or intended. Stop your lying.

happyguy
10-24-2012, 16:25
I don't know why God allows evil to befall good people, but I do know that sometimes he makes something good out of it.

Sometimes it is easy to recognize. Sometimes not so much.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Providence
10-24-2012, 16:43
That's not what Mourdock said or intended. Stop your lying.

I agree!

beforeobamabans
10-24-2012, 16:52
Mourdock's error was in claiming knowledge of God's intentions, not in stating his personal belief in a pro-life position with no exceptions.

TheJ
10-25-2012, 03:51
Lots of intelligent people believe everything that happens is gods plan (myself not included). Where is the big news here?

Bren
10-25-2012, 05:23
Lots of intelligent people believe everything that happens is gods plan (myself not included). Where is the big news here?

I have never met an "intelligent" person who believes that and don't expect to. I have met a few "educated" people who believe it, but you can train a monkey.

TheJ
10-25-2012, 05:41
I have never met an "intelligent" person who believes that and don't expect to. I have met a few "educated" people who believe it, but you can train a monkey.
While I understand the sentiment,
Actually... people (as a rule) form beliefs and then seek out validation for them. Additionally, a common myth most of us accept intuitively, is that there is a negative correlation between intelligence and belief... Basically that as intelligence goes up belief in superstition, religion or magic goes down. This, in fact, turns out not to be the case, especially as you move up the IQ spectrum… once people commit to a belief, the smarter they are the better they are at rationalizing those beliefs. So, smart people are perfectly capable of believing in weird things because they are even more highly skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for nonsmart reasons.

This also explains why there are very smart people who support and will vote for Obama. lol

JFrame
10-25-2012, 05:49
Actually... People as a rule, form beliefs and the seek out validation for them. Additionally, a common myth most of us accept intuitively, is that there is a negative correlation between intelligence and belief... Basically that as intelligence goes up belief in superstition, religion or magic goes down. This, in fact, turns out not to be the case, especially as you move up the IQ spectrum… once people commit to a belief, the smarter they are the better they are at rationalizing those beliefs. So, smart people are perfectly capable of believing in weird things because they are even more highly skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for nonsmart reasons.

Sort of keeping with this theme (but diverging just a bit), it's noted that some of the greatest scientists in history were also religious and believed in God. Among the more recent of note would be Max Planck and Albert Einstein. It's further noted that as people like these delved more deeply into the disciplines for which they were famous, they saw the perfection of the universe and reinforced their belief that it had to have come from some Higher Power.

eracer
10-25-2012, 05:53
That's the problem with right-wing fundamentalists.

EVERYTHING is God's will.

A husband cheats on his wife? "God is testing your forgiveness, honey..."

Scamming congregationalists out of their money by pretending to be a man of God? "But God wants me to be successful, so that I can show you the way!"

Pregnancy by rape? God's will.

Freakin' disgusting.

happyguy
10-25-2012, 06:04
That's the problem with right-wing fundamentalists.

EVERYTHING is God's will.

That is one view of SOME right-wing fundamentalists.

God has graciously allowed us to have free will.

It's up to us to make our own choices.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

CanMan
10-25-2012, 08:14
Hopefully Murdoch didn't abort Romney's shot at the Presidency!!

http://www.politicolnews.com/another-gop-religious-freak-richard-murdoch-rape-is-intended-by-god/

JFrame
10-25-2012, 08:15
Hopefully Murdoch didn't abort Romney's shot at the Presidency!!

http://www.politicolnews.com/another-gop-religious-freak-richard-murdoch-rape-is-intended-by-god/

Nah.

TheJ
10-25-2012, 08:38
While I understand the sentiment,
Actually... people (as a rule) form beliefs and then seek out validation for them. Additionally, a common myth most of us accept intuitively, is that there is a negative correlation between intelligence and belief... Basically that as intelligence goes up belief in superstition, religion or magic goes down. This, in fact, turns out not to be the case, especially as you move up the IQ spectrum… once people commit to a belief, the smarter they are the better they are at rationalizing those beliefs. So, smart people are perfectly capable of believing in weird things because they are even more highly skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for nonsmart reasons.

This also explains why there are very smart people who support and will vote for Obama. lol

I threw in the last line there but it is a very really challenge for Romney to over come.

Many people voted for Obama last time and changing that vote this time is tougher than it might seem. People who formed beliefs about Obama and voted based on those beliefs last time, have been predisposed to seek validation of their already formed beliefs. People have an inherit need to believe they are not wrong/stupid. So there is an issue of cognitive dissonance created by contrary information which is typically handled by avoiding/dismissing most (if not all) contrary information. In other words they are more likely to believe the Obama/MSM version and dismiss the Romney version of information.