Factory upgrade for a Gen2 G17 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Factory upgrade for a Gen2 G17

Tacoman
10-24-2012, 19:24
Hi
I have retired and am taking up shooting again. I am new to the forum and noticed there is a factory upgrade for this pistol (KV 123 US). Glock confirmed they would replace 6 parts if I overnighted the pistol to them. Bad news: The cost of overnight shipping is about $70. Also it has a LOT of sentimental value and I am uncomfortable sending it anywhere. Questions:

1) What are those 6 parts? I have had the pistol apart and know it pretty well.
2) Is the a safety, accuracy or reliability problem with it as it is? I have never had a problem. Aside from the trigger action kinda sux.
3) Are the six parts available to the basement gunsmith?
4) I understand that the parts are available free to Glock Armorers. Does anyone have a contact in the Seattle area? I am willing to pay a fair price to have it done.

I would rather spend the $70 (or even part of it) on ammo, liquor and women. Not concurrently and maybe not in that order of preference.

Thanks in advance for any help.
John

dakrat
10-24-2012, 21:49
not aware of such upgrade. if any, it was a long long time ago (gen2). if your pistol shoots fine and hasn't given you any problems, why bother? heck the whole pistol consists of 6 parts.

Gperfection
10-24-2012, 22:19
Check with these folks. WEST COAST ARMORY
675 NW Gilman Blvd.
Issaquah, Washington
425-391-4867
They claim to be a Glock stocking dealer and also say they have a Glock armorer.

Tacoman
10-24-2012, 22:46
Thanks Gperf

I will give them a call see what they can do. Their website says they have a Glock certified armorer on staff.

Dakrat

It does shoot pretty good. Want to make extra sure there is no safety issue. Any improvement, especially in the trigger feel would be a bonus.

jfost11
10-24-2012, 22:53
I believe this is what you're talking about. I've seen different dates given for it but it was from either late 1991 or early 1992.

http://www.glockmeister.com/GlockFactoryUpgrade.asp

Tacoman
10-24-2012, 23:35
Jfost

Just the information I was looking for. I will check the firing pin. Since two of the parts have the word "safety" in them, I had better get the upgrade done.

By the way mine was purchased in 1990 and obviously built prior.

tgmr05
10-25-2012, 08:41
If you can find a local glock armorer, they should be able to help install the parts for you, as well as get them for you. Then, you do not have to pay for the shipping.....