Stupid is as stupid does... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stupid is as stupid does...

x_out86
10-24-2012, 19:58
Like we need anymore bad press in the LEO world, but thought I would share anyways.

MADISON, Wis. -

A former Sheriff's Department employee put on her old uniform and passed herself off as a law enforcement officer as she wrote bad checks Tuesday at Jim's Coins and Stamps in Madison, police said.

Madison police said that Tamara L. Moe, 33, of Scandinavia, Wis., clad in a Waupaca County Sheriff's Department uniform, told a clerk that she was in town for training and that she needed to buy some coins for a couple of elderly Madison clients.

Moe told the clerk that she is a deputy sheriff who moonlights as a coin dealer, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.

The clerk said he would have to verify she had sufficient funds in her account to cover the $5,407 purchase, and Moe told the clerk she needed to get coins to clients quickly, as they were very anxious, according to the incident report.

Respectful of her law enforcement status, the clerk allowed Moe to take nearly $550 worth of coins before account verification, Madison police said.

After she left, the clerk began to get a bad feeling about the customer. He looked up her criminal record on a state website and learned charges of issuing worthless checks had been filed against her, police said. The clerk then called the Waupaca County Sheriff's Department and learned the woman was no longer employed there and had not been in some time.

Madison police were called, and officers contacted the woman's credit union. Her account had been forced to close, police said.

As the clerk talked with the Madison police officer, it was learned Monona police had just arrested the suspect on charges of issuance of a worthless check, impersonating a peace officer and bail jumping.

Monona police said the suspect was attempting to buy items at Capital City Coins and Jewelry, 6025 Monona Drive, with a worthless check while wearing a Waupaca County Sheriff's Department uniform.

Madison police said the suspect still had the coins belonging to Jim's Coins and Stamps on her. She planned on taking the coins to a pawn shop, Madison police said.

Following her arrest, Moe told a Madison police officer that she is struggling on a number of fronts, including past heroin use, according to the incident report.

Hack
10-24-2012, 20:02
Unfortunately bad ones come along. Fortunately at some point they are found out.

Cochese
10-24-2012, 21:11
Just another criminal in cops clothing.

DaBigBR
10-24-2012, 21:30
Just another criminal in cops clothing.

What you did there? I see it.

indigent
10-24-2012, 22:29
What you did there? I see it.

Me too...... That bastage is sneaky like that....

merlynusn
10-25-2012, 04:33
There is probably a reason she was no longer a deputy. Get her locked up. I'd also conduct a search warrant on her house and take any additional police gear out of it.

Bren
10-25-2012, 04:59
Like we need anymore bad press in the LEO world, but thought I would share anyways.

The S.O. fired her before this - not bad press as long as they are dumping the bad employees. Like Sgt. Friday said, "the only place we have to recruit from, is the human race."

PuroMexicano
10-25-2012, 07:42
Whacker

series1811
10-25-2012, 08:03
There is probably a reason she was no longer a deputy. Get her locked up. I'd also conduct a search warrant on her house and take any additional police gear out of it.

Yep. That's what I was thinking, too.

larry_minn
10-25-2012, 10:32
I do hope they do a search, and make it added time/fine if she is caught using Police gear in criminal activity again. I recall that in some cases child molestors are not allowed to have kids "toys" in home/car. That hackers are not allowed to have internet computers? (I think as condition of parole?) So if thats true it should be done in this case.

Or just use her as connon fodder in nasty domestics.

tim12232
10-25-2012, 17:37
lifes hard but its harder when your stupid....JW