Washington State votes by mail only [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Washington State votes by mail only

G17Jake
10-24-2012, 20:04
I read in another forum that in WA voting is by mail only. A quick search seems to confirm this.

I don't like this. Too much potential for voter fraud. I feel the same way about absentee voting... it should require a good reason.

Are their other states that do this voting by mail only?

dan1488
10-24-2012, 20:11
and also on all of are state races in the primary season its open primary so you can have 10 canidates running for a position with all the different parties and multiple people for the same party but they take the top two vote getters for the final. Unfortunately it usually is the D and R but sometimes its 2 D's or 2 R's running against each other. Harder for a third party I think.

FLIPPER 348
10-24-2012, 20:18
Are their other states that do this voting by mail only?

We do here in Oregon, it's awesome.

G17Jake
10-24-2012, 20:20
That may explain why the west coast is blue.

FLIPPER 348
10-24-2012, 20:22
How exactly??

G17Jake
10-24-2012, 20:34
I have to believe there is a lot of voter fraud going on with ballots that come and go in the mail.

People filling out other people's ballots. Maybe exchange a six pack for a ballot, or selling their ballot?

Typical ACORN crap.

FLIPPER 348
10-24-2012, 20:44
you 'believe' way to much

Bring_it!
10-24-2012, 20:47
I have to believe there is a lot of voter fraud going on with ballots that come and go in the mail.

People filling out other people's ballots. Maybe exchange a six pack for a ballot, or selling their ballot?

Typical ACORN crap.

Yeah it is messed up. I would prefer going back to having to go to a polling place and adding in showing ID.

We are the state that voted in a republican governor, but the dems kept recounting till they tipped the scales, by some margin like 132 votes.

G17Jake
10-24-2012, 20:52

How do you know what is going on with the ballots?

I suppose you don't believe that food stamps would get sold on the street for pennies on the dollar. Anything of value can be sold.

G17Jake
10-24-2012, 20:57
Yeah it is messed up. I would prefer going back to having to go to a polling place and adding in showing ID.
We are the state that voted in a republican governor, but the dems kept recounting till they tipped the scales, by some margin like 132 votes.

That's the way it should be, with exceptions for valid reasons.

Happypuppy
10-24-2012, 21:03
People were just voting by mail. No one went to the polls that is I suspect why whey did it in WA. Voter fraud is a far bigger problem then voters I suspect realize. The 2 parties have no interest in really looking into it hard as it would reflect badly on the whole. In WA you can get a drivers License without a birth certificate. I don't know if that is true of other states.

Sent via Messenger Pigeon

FLIPPER 348
10-24-2012, 21:10
How do you know what is going on with the ballots?

It's motor-voter here and no vote is counted until it is matched with a signature. That's more 'proof' of ID than going to the polls and voting!

G17Jake
10-24-2012, 21:15
It's motor-voter here and no vote is counted until it is matched with a signature. That's more 'proof' of ID than going to the polls and voting!

It wouldn't be if we had a photo ID requirement.

Can one not sign their ballot without filling it out, and then hand it over to someone else?

papercidal
10-24-2012, 21:36
Voter fraud is the ultimate redundant statement in Washington. There is no way that a republican can win, because the dead all vote democrat, and their turnout rate is a lot better than the living.

FLIPPER 348
10-24-2012, 22:15
Can one not sign their ballot without filling it out, and then hand it over to someone else?

Yes, but who would take the time out of their busy day to do such a thing??

G17Jake
10-24-2012, 22:29
Yes, but who would take the time out of their busy day to do such a thing??

Welfare queens, homeless, drug addicts, drunkards, mentally ill....

holesinpaper
10-24-2012, 22:36

I have received many ballots in the mail with incorrect names.

Yes, multiple ballots every year.

They pulled the information from multiple sources (beyond the DMV). I can tell, because I actually remember what organizations I gave specific fake names to when signing up for services.

Voting: it's rigged.

wjv
10-24-2012, 23:51
Our current Governor lost the election, then lost the recount once or twice, then they miraculously "found" a box of uncounted ballot under a desk or in the trunk of a car or something like that, and gosh darn if 90% of those ballots weren't for the democrat. . . .

holesinpaper
10-25-2012, 00:39
Our current Governor lost the election, then lost the recount once or twice, then they miraculously "found" a box of uncounted ballot under a desk or in the trunk of a car or something like that, and gosh darn if 90% of those ballots weren't for the democrat. . . .

Ding Ding, we have manufactured a WINNER!

WarCry
10-25-2012, 00:50
With all the rampant voter fraud going on, where's the legal investigations into it?

If it's so blatant and obvious, SOMEONE had to notice, right? I mean, someone without tinfoil headgear? Because the Right does have lawyers, too, and I don't seem to recall the breaking news about this.

Unless they're in on the gig, getting their kick-backs, too. I mean, the level of conspiracy to maintain such a high level of fraud must be astonishing....

FLIPPER 348
10-25-2012, 08:14
Welfare queens, homeless, drug addicts, drunkards, mentally ill....

You actually think someone would actually 'buy' a signed ballot to vote for a certain candidate??

FLIPPER 348
10-25-2012, 08:15
I have received many ballots in the mail with incorrect names.

Yes, multiple ballots every year.

They pulled the information from multiple sources (beyond the DMV). I can tell, because I actually remember what organizations I gave specific fake names to when signing up for services.

Voting: it's rigged.

um, yea ......sure

Bren
10-25-2012, 08:31

It seems logical - with the issues we see elsewhere, a system that makes it as easy as mailing in ballots seems like an obvious fraud target.

I assume, where you're from, it's only fraud if they vote republican.:upeyes:

Bren
10-25-2012, 08:36
You actually think someone would actually 'buy' a signed ballot to vote for a certain candidate??

Yes. The excellent thing about that system is that 1 payment gets you the whole ballot, so you can vote for local, state and national candidates all at once.

I've seen people going to the lengths of having people sing an affidavit that they are blind so the vote buyer can verify that they vote as they are paid. Traditionally, a half pint of bourbon is the price of a vote among the poor. It may be up to a pint now. My old landlord and a number of students at my former college went to jail for a scheme that involved encouraging local college students to register as residents and accept payment for votes. A judge I used to pracitce in front of is currently in prison for buying votes (http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/11/1665117/former-clay-circuit-judge-sentenced.html). He'll be there for about another 25 years.

Even you cannot be so oblivious to the real world that you don't believe in voter fraud. I realize being on the side that commits most of it makes it hard to see.

G36's Rule
10-25-2012, 09:28
That is flipper you are talking to, so of course he can be oblivious to the fraud. Or just not care.

lethal tupperwa
10-25-2012, 10:42
voting at the polls does not guarantee you vote will be counted the way you voted.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why-are-n-c-early-voting-machines-changing-romney-votes-to-obama/

holesinpaper
10-25-2012, 11:17
um, yea ......sure

They sent me three this year.