Anybody else watch this tonight? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else watch this tonight?

Ruggles
10-24-2012, 20:58
http://www.ammoland.com/2012/10/24/militia-rising/#axzz2AH8clKFw

Not the most flattering impression of a proud American heritage the way it was filmed. Hearts and minds in the right place (mostly) but it came off as a bit of overkill with some of these guys. Some of them looked like kids who never grew up playing army.

It appears if you buy the militia "compound" land you get to be the military commander of the group. Not sure that is the best way to decide who to follow. But then again I guess it has always been that way to a certain degree.

Anyone else watch it? What did you think?

JBnTX
10-24-2012, 21:30
What a joke!

That crap has nothing to do with the second amendment, freedom, guarding the border or anything else.

It's just a bunch of wannabe tack-I-kool immature adults pretending to be something they're not. Those are the kind of losers that tell people in bars that they're Navy Seals, Special Super Secret Operators and lie about military experience.

Why were their faces washed out?
Maybe they don't want customers to recognize them when they deliver their pizza?

If they don't want people to know who they are, then why do a friggin TV show?

Notice how all their equipment was brand new and unused?
What did they train with?

That's the worst reality show yet.

Ruggles
10-24-2012, 21:46
What a joke!

That crap has nothing to do with the second amendment, freedom, guarding the border or anything else.

It's just a bunch of wannabe tack-I-kool immature adults pretending to be something they're not. Those are the kind of losers that tell people in bars that they're Navy Seals, Special Super Secret Operators and lie about military experience.

Why were their faces washed out?
Maybe they don't want customers to recognize them when they deliver their pizza?

If they don't want people to know who they are, then why do a friggin TV show?

Notice how all their equipment was brand new and unused?
What did they train with?

That's the worst reality show yet.

I was trying to be tactful about it :rofl:

Honestly I rather have these guys around the neighborhood than say a bunch of punk emo kids or some gang bangers. At least they have good intentions IMO.

But yeah some of them are over doing it. The ones in Indiana were the worst IMO. I think the guy in charge was a wee bit full of himself.

"I own this here compound so I am in charge!"

The Florida boys were at least trying to train the new guys with some gusto.

The Arizona guys were way too mall ninja for my taste. The way they "assaulted" that hut, all to chase a couple of illegal aliens away. And the whole mask / code name thing was just sad really.

But if we do form a militia I have dibs on the code name "Long John McDong" :tongueout:

10-24-2012, 22:07
The show was silly.

Middle aged fat dudes in cammies snoopnin' 'n' poopn' is highly entertaining.

These are the same dudes at the gunstore/gunshows talking the big stories.

Edit: The show wasn't silly, the dudes on the show were/are silly.

HollowHead
10-24-2012, 22:11
Flektar and woodland together after Labor Day? How gouche. HH

Phaze5ive
10-24-2012, 22:16
Lol its adult airsoft with potentially bad consequences

muh phone. it done sent this.

lunarspeak
10-24-2012, 22:35
how come the one group is totally composed of 300+ pound guys??????

and the guy in charge is at least 400pds...

im sure one of them is a glocktalk member..

HollowHead
10-24-2012, 22:37

..... Hh

Ruggles
10-25-2012, 17:32
how come the one group is totally composed of 300+ pound guys??????

and the guy in charge is at least 400pds...

I don't know but I was thinking as I watched it "do I really want to share my food stores after the SHTF with these guys?" I mean I just think I would not get my fair share in the long run :whistling:

Kevin108
10-25-2012, 18:20
Did any of you expect TV to portray gun owners an a good light?

Ruggles
10-25-2012, 20:52
Did any of you expect TV to portray gun owners an a good light?

There are a number of them. Top Shot, American Guns, Sons of Guns among them. All of these shows are positive towards not only the folks "staring" in them but the guns owners who are appear in single episodes.

Just watched a episode where one of the regulars repaired his grandmothers shotgun/rifle combo so she could shoot it again on her 89th birthday. She cried, he cried, hell I almost cried. That is a positive reflection on gun owners to me :wavey:

NeverMore1701
10-25-2012, 20:54
There are a number of them. Top Shot, American Guns, Sons of Guns among them. All of these shows are positive towards not only the folks "staring" in them but the guns owners who are appear in single episodes.

Just watched a episode where one of the regulars repaired his grandmothers shotgun/rifle combo so she could shoot it again on her 89th birthday. She cried, he cried, hell I almost cried. That is a positive reflection on gun owners to me :wavey:

SoG and AG are both a disgrace.

Ruggles
10-25-2012, 21:16
SoG and AG are both a disgrace.

How so? What negative examples of gun owners has either presented on TV?

Some folks around here don't like them for whatever reason but how does the average non "gun person" walk away after watching with a negative image of gun owners?

nursetim
10-25-2012, 21:51
Top shot ill hesitantly go along with portraying gun owners in a good light. The rest, no way, no how.

Ruggles
10-25-2012, 22:03
Top shot ill hesitantly go along with portraying gun owners in a good light. The rest, no way, no how.

How so? What am I not seeing that is a negative example of gun owners or placing gun owners not in a good light? Any specific examples on these shows? :dunno:

Half the stuff the guys on SoGs work on is brought in by families that have had these firearms in their family for years and even generations. The other half is collectors, LEO clients etc.

How is showing an average/typical American guy/girl bringing in a family heirloom firearm to restore not a direct contraction to the image often seen on TV of a "crazed" survivalist or "gang banger" with firearms. These are the images that the media uses to reflect negatively upon firearm ownership. These show often and clearly contradict that IMO.

No doubt these shows are jazzed up (to silly degrees at times) to increase their TV appeal but that does not mean they are a negative image upon firearms or their owners.

gjk5
10-25-2012, 22:16
How so? What negative examples of gun owners has either presented on TV?

A: gunshop owners will cornhole you
B: gunowners are idiots who want to be cornholed
C: half of the "gunsmiths" in the country are borderline retarded
D: proximity to guns causes bad teef in the ladies

I could go on......

Ruggles
10-26-2012, 05:28
A: gunshop owners will cornhole you
B: gunowners are idiots who want to be cornholed
C: half of the "gunsmiths" in the country are borderline retarded
D: proximity to guns causes bad teef in the ladies

I could go on......

I am not seeing that when I watch. I watch more SoGs than the others and do not see any examples of these on that show. Maybe I need to watch the other show more and they will be there.

On SoGs A & B are not even relevant as price is never discussed on the show so no corn holing is observed by anyone, maybe it goes on behind the scenes! No retarded gunsmiths present (all those guys are likable and knowledgeable)and the only girl on the show has no dental issues I have observed :)

To each his own though :wavey: