Tactical Pants Torture Test! Taclite Pro Pant from 5.11 (Video) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Pants Torture Test! Taclite Pro Pant from 5.11 (Video)

Raleigh Glocker
10-24-2012, 22:43
Today's multipocket pants have come a long way from the cargo pants of the 80s. The Taclite Pro Pant from 5.11 is one of the best of the breed. I show you what makes these pants so practical as well as put them through a torture test you don't want to miss.

Be sure to watch the "blue dart" test... :)

Tactical Pants Torture Test! Taclite Pro Pant from 5.11 - YouTube

GRIMLET
10-24-2012, 23:37
The only torture is the way they are sized. I bought 3 pair of Taclites. I own 3 pair of regular cotton 511s that are two years old.
The new, washed once Taclights are tighter in the waist AND in the nether regions. And they are the same size!!! I will NEVER buy Taclights again. The regular cotton 511s yes. And if they make the flannel ones YES!!

Its just my crotch-creased opinion. Your experience may vary.

Raleigh Glocker
10-25-2012, 06:47
I found my three pair to be accurately sized, even considering their ripstop construction. Cotton stretches, whereas these pants definitely do not, so I would imagine that 3yo cotton pants would always feel looser than brand new ripstop pants regardless of brand.

The Taclites are definitely pants that you should do a squat test when you try them on to make sure they give you the mobility you expect, but they have so many sizes that one of them is bound to fit great as long as you fit in another 5.11 pant. Heck, you can even get them unhemmed so you can get the waist size you need, then make the length whatever you want.

Their cotton pants are also great, but I like the lighter fabric and increased durability of the Taclites.

Gallium
10-25-2012, 07:15
My thoughts:

1. Good review, I liked it!
2. You didn't have enough stuff in your pockets. :)
3. Who is the dude who appears on camera 2 minutes into the presentation? Could it actually be Foghorn J. Leghorn? Awesome cameo!

Drjones
10-25-2012, 08:39
Is that you in the video? Did you really pour hot coffee all over your junk??:rofl:

Thanks for the Vid, I always appreciate it when people take the time to do these...

Raleigh Glocker
10-25-2012, 10:36
My thoughts:

1. Good review, I liked it!
2. You didn't have enough stuff in your pockets. :)
3. Who is the dude who appears on camera 2 minutes into the presentation? Could it actually be Foghorn J. Leghorn? Awesome cameo!
Actually, three of our chickens strut around- one Black Australorp, one Buff Orpington, and one Barred Rock. We have them for eggs and keep them pretty wild, so they don't herd well when you want to get them out of the way. Every now and then, I just have to say "screw it," and make the video anyway. You can see them in the background of 4 or 5 other vids on my channel.

Is that you in the video? Did you really pour hot coffee all over your junk??:rofl:

Thanks for the Vid, I always appreciate it when people take the time to do these...

It was a fun video to do, and yes, that was my real lap. Honestly, the coffee didn't soak the pants at all. It did warm them right away, which made me FEEL like I was getting wet, but in reality, all of it just dribbled right off.

VELO
10-25-2012, 11:11
"Gotta get you back to that Colonel Sanders looking dude!" :rofl:

Great review. Thanks for posting it.

nursetim
10-25-2012, 11:48
I don't get the blue dart test?

itstime
10-25-2012, 12:08
That was awesome. I do prefer the fit of the cotton over those though. Mine are too snug in the junk when I get moving around.

Bilbo Bagins
10-25-2012, 12:30
I'm not a big fan of 5.11 Mall ninja pants, but the video was pretty darn funny.

Raleigh Glocker
10-25-2012, 15:52
"Gotta get you back to that Colonel Sanders looking dude!" :rofl:

Great review. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how many people would get the references to The Walking Dead characters.

I don't get the blue dart test?

Look it up in the urban dictionary.:whistling:

That was awesome. I do prefer the fit of the cotton over those though. Mine are too snug in the junk when I get moving around.

Just melt your junk off with hot coffee. Seemed to work for me. :)

I'm not a big fan of 5.11 Mall ninja pants, but the video was pretty darn funny.

Thanks! Not all of my video topics lend themselves to my goofy side, but this one was a good fit.