Dearth of political yard signage this election [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dearth of political yard signage this election

cowboy1964
10-24-2012, 23:55
I'm seeing very few Obama or Romney signs here in NE Ohio, at least around my neighborhood. More signage for local people/issues.

Saw a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker today. Really? Eight years of telegraphing to the world you picked losers (especially after Edwards' history now)?

Cavalry Doc
10-25-2012, 06:09
No great enthusiasm from either side. And documented violence and vandalism from one.

Go figure.

aircarver
10-25-2012, 06:44
No great enthusiasm from either side. And documented violence and vandalism from one.

Go figure.

Capsule summary ... covers it all ....

robertoh
10-25-2012, 06:51
Here in W.Central Ohio the Romney signs outnumber Obama by 5 to 1.Our area gave Bush the 90,000 lead over Kerry in Ohio in Bushs re-election.

callihan_44
10-25-2012, 07:00
not seeing alot of signs around these parts, especially no obama signs....though some have made some funny ones of their own of obama next to chairman mao :supergrin:

Guss
10-25-2012, 11:23
I'm seeing very few bumper stickers in Florida. The Mitt ones are invariably on gas-guzzlers.

JFrame
10-25-2012, 11:44
I'm seeing very few bumper stickers in Florida. The Mitt ones are invariably on gas-guzzlers.

Also, sadly, you won't see many Obama stickers on Chevy Volts, because most are owned by the government, and you can't post political endorsements on government property...

Barcroft
10-25-2012, 12:31
In our neck of Washington State, we see only a few signs for president.
My son works for one of the state candidates running here, and says that the national campaign of his party wanted the state party to pay for the signs for president.
To paraphrase the answer: "No, thank you".

sciolist
10-25-2012, 19:51
A lot less signage here than last go-around.

sbhaven
10-25-2012, 20:08
Not seeing Obama/Biden signs (only saw one) this year, but have seen 4 or 5 Romney/Ryan signs. Seeing more signs for local office and for DC senate. Seeing more R than D signs which is surprising in my area of this liberal state. Mostly Linda Mcmahon signs. Did see one Rosa DeLauro sign. :steamed:

Did see one house in Woodbridge, CT where the owner painted the word OBAMA in large letters on his wooden fence again this year. Also saw a car in my local branch library parking lot loaded with Obama/Biden 2012 stickers. First car I've seen with 2012 Obama stickers on it this year. There was also a flyer of some sort on a bulletin board in the library that said something about "Obama Jobs".

Bren
10-25-2012, 20:14
Few signs here, but in another thread I posted this interesting observation a while back: I walked my dogs by both the Kentucky Democratic Party Headquesrters and the Kentucky Republican Party Headquarters not long ago. Outside the Republican headquarters were signs supporting Romney/Ryan and all the other Republicans running locally, state and nationally. In front of Democrat HQ were several signs and a banner for the local state representantive and some signs for U.S. Rep. Ben Chandler, but the names Obama and Biden did not appear anywhere on the building or grounds. Now that's odd.:rofl:

IndyGunFreak
10-26-2012, 05:16
Here in W.Central Ohio the Romney signs outnumber Obama by 5 to 1.Our area gave Bush the 90,000 lead over Kerry in Ohio in Bushs re-election.

Lets hope you guys deliver again!

ModGlock17
10-26-2012, 05:22

It looks like Obama is benefited greatly from Ohio's early voting. Note that Ohio doesn't have quite the electoral 22 like it did, just 18 now. FL gained electoral. Nevertheless, At this point Mitt can only muster 261, unless something happens in Iowa, OH, WI, and NV.

Even if Mitt is ahead in this state by a percentage point, he would still lose (if polls are correct). He'd have to get more people than that.

Obama's signs are few and far in between. I'm getting the impression that aren't important as it used to be.

spork
10-26-2012, 08:39
Quite a few Romney/Ryan signs in my neighborhood (including two in my yard), but not a single Obama sign. There is at least one empty chair with a "Make My Day...Vote Republican" sign by it.

Well, actually there is one sign supporting a local democrat for office.

Cambo
10-26-2012, 09:21
In the liberal stronghold of Princeton NJ, I am seeing more Romney yard signs than Obama yard signs. 5 months ago I would have bet my house and savings that this wouldn't be the case. I am not saying Romney will win NJ, but it is shocking nonetheless.

certifiedfunds
10-26-2012, 09:29

What's a "gas-guzzler"?

aircarver
10-26-2012, 10:03
What's a "gas-guzzler"?

Anything that's not a GM 'Volt' .....:upeyes:

snerd
10-26-2012, 10:08
What's a "gas-guzzler"?
A consumer choice, something the Left would love to do away with.

snerd
10-26-2012, 10:10
Southwest Oklahoma, walking about 1/4 mile a day 2 different routes around my neighborhood the last few days shows only 1 sign, Obama/Biden. I mean, it's nothing like last time............. they're ashamed, I think.

certifiedfunds
10-26-2012, 11:09
Anything that's not a GM 'Volt' .....:upeyes:

I suspect it is a car he doesn't approve of.

I never understood why anyone would car how much gas someone else car burns.

series1811
10-26-2012, 11:19
I've always suspected that the vast majority of the true undecided voters at this point, really don't even vote in the election.

I also think there are a lot of people who don't feel it is anyone's business as to what their vote will be, and rather than state that to pollsters, just say "undecided". And, I would imagine they would break down about the same way as the people who do state how they will vote.

But, that's methodology choice, and the reason so many polls have such different predictions.

series1811
10-26-2012, 11:22

Our DUers are the ones who seem to be running out of gas. :supergrin:

G29Reload
10-26-2012, 11:58
Fortunately someone who doesn't like O signs cruised our neighborhood on a midnight ramble and disposed of some.

:rofl:

Saved me the trouble.:supergrin: