Itís Open Season on Women, Thanks to the NRA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Itís Open Season on Women, Thanks to the NRA

HerrGlock
10-25-2012, 00:44
http://www.care2.com/causes/its-open-season-on-women-thanks-to-the-nra.html#13511472854191&action=collapse_widget&id=2729005

MB-G26
10-25-2012, 01:46
:shakehead: :puking:

:wavey:

Sendarr
10-25-2012, 02:20
Lol at the comments, wow

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

AlexHassin
10-25-2012, 02:57
hey i was expecting an link telling me how to get a binder full of women.

TheJ
10-25-2012, 03:36
The ignorance there is just astounding. Completely missing how access to firearm makes it easier for women to protect themselves from killers. The bigotry is amazing.

AlexHassin
10-25-2012, 03:44
The ignorance there is just astounding. Completely missing how access to firearm makes it easier for women to protect themselves from killers. The bigotry is amazing.

part of my personal experience is that a lot of these people ( i am surround by them) never even consider using a firearm to defend themselves. they are also shore that anyone not a democrat is part of some monolithic group that wants to have every 8 year old touting a machine gun/ send all the gays to re education camps/ secretly murder all the homeless and make tracking bracelets mandatory for women. nuts i know, but you can see it in the comments

Atomic Punk
10-25-2012, 04:34
Sensible gun control is a feminist issue and the lack of any real controls on firearms in this country poses a very real and dangerous threat to our health and safety.

those with that logic would also want my wife to not be able to carry her gun with her.

Bren
10-25-2012, 04:51
The only thing they got right is that gun control SHOULD be a feminist issue, since they are the best example of a group who will always be helpless victims if limited to muscles and muscle powered weapons for self defense.

Funny how the liberalds seem to want all of their "protected groups" kept helpless.

aircarver
10-25-2012, 05:57
commie rag, second only to DU in gross stupidity ...

SC Tiger
10-25-2012, 06:25
The stupid is strong with that article.

Firearms, by their nature, protect the victim from the agressor by placing both on an equal footing. The fact that the agressor is 6'5" and the would-be victim is 5"2" becomes irrelevant because the firearm is the equalizer. The 6'5" man become combat ineffective when his cranium has been ventilated with a high-speed projectile or his leg has been shattered, rendering him unable to stand.

What feminists do not get is that, on average, in an unarmed fight between a man and a woman the woman will lose. Men are, on average, bigger and stronger. There are exceptions of course but that is just how it is.

Let me put it another way - God created all men (and women) but Sam Colt made them equal.

sbhaven
10-25-2012, 06:35
Interesting how the author claims its open season on women thanks to the lax gun laws, then advocates making it open season on women by criminals by making it harder for women to get firearms to protect themselves.

frank4570
10-25-2012, 06:39
What in the world kind of idiots read that publication?

SC Tiger
10-25-2012, 06:45
What in the world kind of idiots read that publication?

Women and emasculated males?

(excluding those of us who just read that article to see how stupid it was, of course).

badge315
10-25-2012, 07:06
Dopey broads...they'd be safe if they just stayed in the kitchen where they belong.

:whistling:

skew12
10-25-2012, 07:12
The problem with a lot of people that oppose the 2A is that they have never experienced any real violence. Never known what it's like to be completely helpless as to whether or not you get to take your next breath. Once you've been through something like that, that horrific helplessness, you find yourself in the real world where violence is king. The world as we know it, the history of every nation, has been so due to acts of violence. Everything. Even if it were only the mere threat of doing so. It is an integral part of our nature as humans. Actually of all species.

Far too many people in this world live in a safety bubble in which they believe nothing will ever happen to them. Odds are they won't, and I hope they don't have that experience either. That would not be a good I told ya so feeling for anyone.

But why not be prepared for the occurrence. Give yourself a chance. Hell we have a leud amount of insurance policies, basically mandates, that we pay a considerable amount of money towards, just for incidents that may never happen to someone in their entire life. Why not have something that can ensure your life. Or that of others. In comparison, I don't care if the house floods I can buy it all again. I can't guarantee that against someone whom has marked me for death.

mgs
10-25-2012, 07:40
Just another lefty rag with mis-facts and lies about the real laws.

DaneA
10-25-2012, 07:59
Am I missing something here? The guy didn't get the gun "legally and lawfully" as he had a TPO that forbid him from purchasing/possessing a firearm.

Butcher
10-25-2012, 08:13
Am I missing something here? The guy didn't get the gun "legally and lawfully" as he had a TPO that forbid him from purchasing/possessing a firearm.

Yeah. He wasn't allowed to buy it. I guess that's a "loophole" lets write a law to prevent that from happening again. Oh wait there already is one

TheJ
10-25-2012, 09:02
Yeah. He wasn't allowed to buy it. I guess that's a "loophole" lets write a law to prevent that from happening again. Oh wait there already is one

It seems obvious that if we just made it illegaler it would fix everything. Lol.