jack reacher novels... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : jack reacher novels...

donbarzini
10-25-2012, 03:42
Do you or should you read them in order? i have 3 of them not in order. can you just read them as is or should i wait until i get them in order. i usually get books at the local used store so it might be a while till i get the first.
thank you

donbarzini
10-25-2012, 04:29
ive got...
persuader
the enemy
one shot

according to the list its book 7,8 and 9. lol

aircarver
10-25-2012, 05:53
Yes... try to read in order- one leads to the next, sometimes they refer back to something, but if you can't get them in order they're pretty self contained...

.... and Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher ? .... :rofl::animlol:

md2lgyk
10-25-2012, 05:58
I have read most of the Reacher novels (there are fourteen, I believe). I did not read them in any particular order. I will say it did cause a bit of confusion after I had read eight or nine of them and then started reading one of the very first ones. He actually ends up owning a house and a car for a while.

SC Tiger
10-25-2012, 06:18
Do you or should you read them in order? i have 3 of them not in order. can you just read them as is or should i wait until i get them in order. i usually get books at the local used store so it might be a while till i get the first.
thank you

I have read the first two and I would recommend reading them in order as well. "The Killing Floor" is the first one if you did not know.

Just a suggestion nobody thinks about - do you have a local library that would have a copy you could check out?

Also, if you have a Kindle (the Nook may have something similar) you can borrow books from other people. So if you have a few friends who also like the Reacher novels, each of you could buy a different one and then loan them out to each other.

Reacher is a BAD man. He can beat you to death with his bare hands while solving calculus equations in his head. Chuck Norris leaves Jack Reacher a wide berth. :supergrin:

slick64
10-25-2012, 06:58
There was in interesting Lee Child interview in last months Playboy. He seems to think Cruise will do well with the character he created. Was well worth reading.

Dinky
10-25-2012, 07:43
Read in order....

donbarzini
10-25-2012, 07:58
ok. ill read in order. it seems most people really think tom cruise as him is a joke.lol. thank you for the input.

KalashniKEV
10-25-2012, 08:38
Jack Reacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

aircarver
10-25-2012, 08:49
There was in interesting Lee Child interview in last months Playboy. He seems to think Cruise will do well with the character he created. Was well worth reading.
One might suspect his opinion was swayed by the money ... :upeyes:

PBCounty
10-25-2012, 09:38
The name...wow....gonna suggest a "badass" should have been given something better than a gay stripper stage name.

Dave.1
10-25-2012, 10:02
I've read quite a few of them (not in any particular order) and have to say just the physical description of Jack Reacher made me wonder about Tom Cruise play the part.

Not a great fan of Cruise but I did see him play a very believable tough guy/hit man in "Collateral"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369339/
so I guess he could probably pull it off. I'll have to see the film.

Dave

devildog2067
10-25-2012, 10:10
I have read the first two and I would recommend reading them in order as well. "The Killing Floor" is the first one if you did not know.

"The Killing Floor" is the first book in publishing order, but not chronologically. Both "The Enemy" and "The Affair" are set before.

Honestly, those books are sort of interchangeable. Try reading them in order (I recommend published order rather than chronological order) but if you can't, don't sweat it too much.

Spiffums
10-25-2012, 10:39
Yes... try to read in order- one leads to the next, sometimes they refer back to something, but if you can't get them in order they're pretty self contained...

.... and Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher ? .... :rofl::animlol:

Probably liked the books and bought the rights so he gets to live out his "fantasy".

Cali-Glock
10-25-2012, 11:26
I read the first one: the authors utter lack of understanding about firearms was very painful and distracting. I want to read more in the series, but can't bear the thought of dealing with more grotesquely ignorant firearm description/handling, etc.

aircarver
10-25-2012, 11:38
I read the first one: the authors utter lack of understanding about firearms was very painful and distracting. I want to read more in the series, but can't bear the thought of dealing with more grotesquely ignorant firearm description/handling, etc.
There are some beauties of firearms errors.... :rofl:

In 'Wanted Man' he insults Glocksters everywhere by having a Glock jam ... :shocked:

devildog2067
10-25-2012, 11:44

I posted a thread about this a couple of years ago. In "Without Fail" a major plot device is that guns stored with loaded magazines will misfire. Let me see if I can find the post.

Dave.1
10-25-2012, 11:46
There always seem to be writers that ignore how firearms work or model specific facts.

I read one last week where the hero ejected an empty magazine and then loaded a fresh clip, all in the same sentence.

Dave

fx77
10-25-2012, 12:40
Love hhis books and have read all of them
Read in order.

kd608
10-25-2012, 13:39
read them in order you may wand to check out the jessie stone series as well

AtlantaR6
10-25-2012, 13:44
They are great but after 4-5 they get repetitive.

KalashniKEV
10-25-2012, 14:09
One might suspect his opinion was swayed by the money ... :upeyes:

Hey, since it's T.C. there might very well have been a Jack Reaching....

:supergrin:

:rofl::rofl: