How long before California turns into the UK? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How long before California turns into the UK?

Chiefret
10-25-2012, 09:50
This story made me think of the rual farmer in the UK who was prosecuted for defending his home with a shotgun. Although this victim is not being prosecuted criminally he is still being victimized by the criminal.

Can any lawyers on these forums, (morally and in good conscience) defend the suite filed by the attorney?

http://www.marinij.com/rosskentfieldgreenbrae/ci_21837852/greenbrae-shooting-defendant-sues-90-year-old-man?source=most_viewed

droidfire
10-25-2012, 10:02
Someone's got a mortgage to pay.

One thing about lawyers, you can always find representation without looking too hard.

I doubt reading the article will change my response, so apologies for posting without delving into the content.

Little Joe
10-25-2012, 10:04
Quite the opposite. I hope a case like this provides the impetus for a castle doctrine law.

Drain You
10-25-2012, 10:19
Once the dentists start going out of of business then you can worry.

Chiefret
10-25-2012, 10:29
Someone's got a mortgage to pay.

One thing about lawyers, you can always find representation without looking too hard.

That may be true. But this type of litigation gives lawyers a bad rap. Well that and Gloria Allred.

Quite the opposite. I hope a case like this provides the impetus for a castle doctrine law.

I guess that remains to be seen if it goes to a jury. If it succeeds I won't hold out much hope for Cali.

fnfalman
10-25-2012, 10:41
California hadn't turned into the UK yet?

Dammit, I need to get crackin'.

nosuchagency
10-25-2012, 12:29
California hadn't turned into the UK yet?

Dammit, I need to get crackin'.

actually, i think you're ahead of the curve - you already got the scooter, ya' mod...

now be a good chap & pass the kippers.

fnfalman
10-25-2012, 14:43
actually, i think you're ahead of the curve - you already got the scooter, ya' mod...

now be a good chap & pass the kippers.

Tea and crumpets in the afternoon?