What's the deal with "swing voters?" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with "swing voters?"

CitizenOfDreams
10-25-2012, 12:26
I can understand people voting for Romney.
I can understand people voting for Obama.
I can understand people voting for a third party candidate or not voting at all (which is pretty much the same).

What I don't understand is the undecided voters. In this extremely polarized election, how can anyone not know which side he is on? :dunno:

IndianaMatt
10-25-2012, 12:34
SNL had a great skit a few weeks ago about "undecided voters." Hilarious.

Link: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/undecided-voter/1418227/

countrygun
10-25-2012, 12:36
A lot of the "undecideds" are actually "Not completely comitted" . They have in mind who they THINK they will vote for but if that person does something mildly stupid, or the other guy does something great they are open to that.

Very much like when i was on Jury Duty and had a tough trial. We had one woman who basically agreed with the other 11 but she just had to keep us from rendering unti she got to go home and sleep on it. She did the same thing in the penalty phase.

Some of them are insecure about the direction they are leaning and hope something happens to change their mind.

I really don't think there is an appreciable amount of folks who are going to vote that don't 'lean" or they wouldn't be voting in the first place.

Chuck TX
10-25-2012, 12:54
Some folks are wishy-washy.

FFR Spyder GT
10-25-2012, 13:22
Some people are not committed to voting for just one party.

For example, in 2008 the Right/GOP/Conservatives/Evangalical Christians all passed on Romney and he actually came in 3rd place.

But even though he's the same exact person 4 years later suddenly his the greatest thing to come along since toilet paper.

Certain people will vote the party line no matter who the candidate is that's running as long as he has a certain (?) behind his name without ever look at what he truly stands for.

Swing voters actually stop and say "Which candidate has my best interest at heart?" then they vote accordingly.

At election time the (R)'s and the (D)'s could give a hamster's butt less about what anyone thinks except for the swing voters.

Pretty simple

walt cowan
10-26-2012, 07:56
I can understand people voting for Romney.
I can understand people voting for Obama.
I can understand people voting for a third party candidate or not voting at all (which is pretty much the same).

What I don't understand is the undecided voters. In this extremely polarized election, how can anyone not know which side he is on? :dunno:

they don't pay taxes, own property, net worth of 100 thousand dollars, been in country longer than 18 years or a legal citizen. they don't have skin in the game and don't care. just thank god they don't vote.

ChuteTheMall
10-26-2012, 08:07
"It doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as you vote."

:faint:

The Machinist
10-26-2012, 09:09
Some people are not committed to voting for just one party.
You, however, are not one of those people. The Democrat party has you by the short hairs. Dance, puppet! Dance!

aircarver
10-26-2012, 09:13
You, however, are not one of those people. The Democrat party has you by the short hairs. Dance, puppet! Dance!

He likes to sell the concept to others ... divide and conquer ! ... :upeyes:

G29Reload
10-26-2012, 11:05
I can't imagine anyone voting for barack hussein.

Every one who has said so...the idiot klaxon goes off.

Unbelievably stupid reason or ideology
Protected class
because my parents are democrats
because i was "raised that way" (stupid)

etc. Moron level. The type you wouldn't trust to send to the store for a loaf of bread and a qt of milk because you'd be afraid what they might bring back instead.

They really have succeeded in dumbing down this country. The dems. Levin had a target commercial of theirs last night as an example. Giggling idiot 18yr old girls comparing your first vote to the first time you had sex. Because he's "cool". :upeyes: