Retired LEO needs prayers sent... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Retired LEO needs prayers sent...

ZO6Vettever
10-25-2012, 13:59
Need some prayers for a real good buddy. Two tour Vietnam Marine vet and NYPD Detective Sgt. retired. He's fighting esophageal cancer and it has spread to his bones. Pray for his dignity to remain intact because this is very important to him and prayers to keep the pain and suffering low. He doesn't care so much about that. That's the kind of man he is.
Thank you all for your prayers.
Joe

RussP
10-25-2012, 14:20
We'll say those prayers...

Patchman
10-25-2012, 16:40
Need some prayers for a real good buddy. Two tour Vietnam Marine vet and NYPD Detective Sgt. retired. He's fighting esophageal cancer and it has spread to his bones. Pray for his dignity to remain intact because this is very important to him and prayers to keep the pain and suffering low. He doesn't care so much about that. That's the kind of man he is.
Thank you all for your prayers.
Joe

Was he involved with 9-11? From what I understand, cancers involving the respiratory system, and cancers involving the digestive system are the two main medical problems identified with that tragic event.

nursetim
10-25-2012, 17:20
God, please ease the suffering of this man that has given much to his fellow man.

JC2317
10-25-2012, 17:42
Prayers for the Sgt. and his family.

ZO6Vettever
10-26-2012, 06:19
Was he involved with 9-11? From what I understand, cancers involving the respiratory system, and cancers involving the digestive system are the two main medical problems identified with that tragic event.

No, he was retired by then. Thank you all for the prayers.

scottydl
10-26-2012, 07:53
Prayers inbound.

CAcop
10-26-2012, 11:44
Prayers sent.

Ajon412
10-26-2012, 11:51
Prayers for our brother are inbound.......

Lone_Wolfe
10-26-2012, 16:29
God, please ease the suffering of this man that has given much to his fellow man.

^^^ This. Prayers going up that his passing be peaceful.

Hack
10-26-2012, 16:43

Amen.

ZO6Vettever
11-01-2012, 14:39
Thank you all for the prayers. He's a tough old bird and doing his best. He certainly has did his share of good deeds in his lifetime. Thank you all again.

Kingarthurhk
11-03-2012, 07:05
I pray that he finds the peace that passes all understanding before the time comes.

Philippians 4:7, "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

It happened for a buddy of mine who died two months after his retirement. He went from Anti-God, Anti-Religion, to giving his heart to God before be passed.

He was of the same era and age as the OP's friend. I would say be supportive, listen to him, be there when there is a moment of weakness and encourage him. There will be those human moments that he will find embarassing, reassure him that those moments will never leave the two of you and he is not a weak man for having them. You can be his friend until the end. It is going to hurt like hell when he passes, I know. But, the memory of your friend will not fade completely over time.

I still have his very unique and unorthodox raid jacket hanging in my closet, and some of the most outrageous ties you have ever seen. I'd like to get the raid jacket framed some day like I did the bulletin from his funeral.

I know what you are going through. Be strong fror your friend.

ca survivor
11-03-2012, 11:17
Prayers sent.

25pd
11-05-2012, 21:48
May God bless him and ease his pain & suffering. Semper Fi.:crying: