RFI:Sioux Falls SD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : RFI:Sioux Falls SD

nursetim
10-25-2012, 18:05
I my be going there for a few months. Ideas of where to stay away from, good neighborhoods, that kind of thing.

Thanks for the help.

snubfan
10-25-2012, 20:07
My wife is from Sioux Falls so we go there quite a bit. There is a bad part of town but it's not anything crazy that needs to be avoided. Most of the neighborhoods are really nice and it's a nice town overall but winters can suck if that's when you are going to be there.

How long are you going to be there? Are you married and taking a family? They seem to have a nice city park system. Are you single and wanting to party? No crazy nightlife but there's a lot of Irish Catholics in that town so there is always someone to drink with.

nursetim
10-25-2012, 20:13
I'll be there 3-6 months, married no kids and don't drink. I'll be there to hunker down and work. Yeah not thrilled with the prospect of snow. I like it about as much as a house cat likes a bath.

So no real bad areas? Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

jame
10-25-2012, 20:27
The snow will be the easy part. It's the cold and wind that can kill you.

Seriously, from a crime aspect, you'd be going at the very best time of year. Unless you're an outdoor winter sports guy, everyone wants to get indoors asap.

oscarthegrouch
10-25-2012, 20:29
Bring your guns. Gary's Gun Shop has a nice indoor range!

nursetim
10-25-2012, 20:31
Bring your guns. Gary's Gun Shop has a nice indoor range!

Lost them in a boating accident years ago, but thanks.

minnshooter
10-25-2012, 20:47
I live 40 minutes from Sioux Falls, great town, there is no real bad area. The south side of SF is really nice but its a very fast growing city and there is a lot of new construction on the south side or the east side of SF. Only bad area I can think of might be just west of the downtown area.
Lots to offer for entertainment. Take up ice fishing, it's a great time and a good way to beat the cold!!

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions or need more info. I am in SF at least weekly. Gary's has a range but don't buy any guns there, way too expensive, go tmScheels instead.

nursetim
10-25-2012, 21:57
Thank you all.