Uhh... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Uhh...

Z71
10-25-2012, 20:53
...I knocked the front sight slick off my Glock 19 today!:crying:

However I found it and stuck it back on.

Guess it's time to order some night sights for my G19 and G17(my G17 pistol's front sight is about worn-off)

Who's got decent prices on Ameri-glo..Mepro's or whatever brand steel nite-sites?....I notice some suppliers I checked were markedly higher on the same brand sights than others.

I don't think I want any more plastic sights. :upeyes:

Glock40man
10-25-2012, 20:59
GT Distributors has Glock Night Sights for $57.

http://www.gtdist.com/SearchResults.aspx?SubCat=NIGHT&Category=GACC

Z71
10-25-2012, 21:07
Hmm..Aren't the Glock front sights stake-on?

Glock40man
10-25-2012, 21:11

The only time I have ever seen them staked on, is from the factory.

Gavin S.
10-25-2012, 21:12
They're held on with a small nut.

Z71
10-25-2012, 21:15
They're held on with a small nut.

Yes!!..That's what I'm looking for

Bruce M
10-25-2012, 21:15
Good thing you found the sight even if you replace it.

Glock Junkie
10-25-2012, 21:59
Opticsplanet.com usually has sales on weekends

Z71
10-25-2012, 22:16
I ordered a couple sets of the Glock sites...plus a sure-fire mag and a Mini 14 30 shot mag from GT Distributing.

Hope they're a reputable company!!...I've never heard of them before.

As far as knocking my front sight off(and finding it)...I think the G19 had maybe taken a front sight hit sometime in the past. The pistol dates to approx. 1990 and is in excellent shape excepting a buggered front sight.

I've been just using the G19 like I received it..buggered front sight and all...however I snagged it on the plywood top of my shooting table this evening..and the sight came right off! Wasn't all that hard a hit either.

Anyhow..I sort of straightened out the little plastic 'wings' that retain the blade to the slide. Then tucked it back in the hole and pushed the pin-looking thing back into the sight. Seems sturdy as ever...and I fired probably sixty shots or better and it stayed put.

The G19 is getting new sights anyhow. I don't think much of the stock plastic sights, and never really understood just why Glock used plastic for standard sights anyway.

New sights were in my future..and I have a topic from a couple months back about self installing Glock sights....I just never bought any until now.

Glock40man
10-25-2012, 23:10
I ordered a couple sets of the Glock sites...plus a sure-fire mag and a Mini 14 30 shot mag from GT Distributing.

Hope they're a reputable company!!...I've never heard of them before.

I have bought a few sets of sights from them and, a few spare Glock magazines as well.

poodleplumber
10-26-2012, 10:58
Ameriglo sells (or at least used to sell) a front site with a little wrench. I like a night sight on front only, so it was a good choice for me.