The upcoming fiscal cliff: What can be done? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The upcoming fiscal cliff: What can be done?

jame
10-25-2012, 22:09
Assuming that one of two guys will win the general election, what can be (or should not be, for that matter) done about it?

The President has said he has no intention of doing anything about it. Regardless of who wins, we get to have our jerseys pulled up over our heads and economically beaten up.

Maybe it should happen. Maybe it should be gradual. I dunno. All I've heard is that it's gonna sting like hell, and no one seems to be talking about it.

Hines57
10-25-2012, 22:18
Should have happened 3 or 4 years ago. No bailouts. We might already be on the road to recovery. But we keep kicking the can down the road making it worse and the recovery period that much longer.

jame
10-25-2012, 22:25
Yeah, I was sorta thinking the same thing, but two pretty big deals won't be addressed.

The military will take a big hit (bad timing, if you ask me), and the monsterous Ag Bill has not been addressed, and we'll be operating under the same Ag Bill from the 1940's. (Good or bad, I don't know, but there's a helluva lot more in the Ag Bill than most folks can comprehend).

I wish we would have done it way back when. The world is at a precariously close edge.

zoyter2
10-26-2012, 01:41
Our country's finances are like a bus heading for a cliff. For a driver, the useless, prostituting, two party jokes we call 'political' parties have given us a choice of an idiot who doesn't know how to drive and a blind guy with no arms.

The citizens are just sitting back, smugly feeling superior to each other and telling everyone how one of the two are really gonna make a difference.

kirgi08
10-26-2012, 02:18
Should have happened 3 or 4 years ago. No bailouts. We might already be on the road to recovery. But we keep kicking the can down the road making it worse and the recovery period that much longer.

:agree: :goodpost:

JBnTX
10-26-2012, 03:55
Remember all the fuss and worry over Y2K?

Fiscal cliff!....:rofl:

hogfish
10-26-2012, 04:08
Two 'real and only' options:

1) Go back to where we were before Obama took office.
2) Continue down the road we are now.
3) Other.

:winkie:

:wow: