Halloween candy.... get some!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Halloween candy.... get some!!!!

Peace Warrior
10-26-2012, 01:04
I went to wally world and decided to buy the halloween candy for the 31 st.

WRONG! People I did not know asked me where I lived ao as to get some of the Halloween candy I am giving out. WTF? Are they serious? I blew 'em off off as idiots of the highest order and decided to continue with my Halloween candy shopping.

JW1178
10-26-2012, 01:18
I'm giving out Tide pucks... they look just like candy anyways.

Peace Warrior
10-26-2012, 07:37
I take Halloween to seriously, but the candy is for the kids, not the adults.

Would parent's really shlep their kids to another part of town just to get better candy? I mean I understand getting out of some neighborhoods, heck, just us kids we did that ourselves, but actually roving your kids around as the parents? C'mon man....

Does this happen regularly?

Mr. Niceguy
10-26-2012, 07:41
I take Halloween to seriously, but the candy is for the kids, not the adults.

Would parent's really shlep their kids to another part of town just to get better candy? I mean I understand getting out of some neighborhoods, heck, just us kids we did that ourselves, but actually roving your kids around as the parents? C'mon man....

Does this happen regularly?

Our neighborhood is full of non-locals on Halloween night.

okie
10-26-2012, 07:48
That's damned out of line asking a stranger where they live:shocked::faint:

Victoriagotagun
10-26-2012, 07:52
I see kids driven into my neighborhood on Halloween every year. What really gets me is the parents who dress up their little babies asking for candy late at night.

Peace Warrior
10-26-2012, 07:54
It dang sure surprised me too Mayor... I was thinking like... "huh, are you actually serious..." (they were)

G-34
10-26-2012, 07:56

nailed it:thumbsup:

i would have looked them straight in the eye and said exactly what you just said:steamed:

Bilbo Bagins
10-26-2012, 08:00
Our neighborhood is full of non-locals on Halloween night.

I kid you not, they are "Bused In" my neighborhood.

Sometime I don't mind it. Especially the little one. I was poor once and lived in a rough neighborhood. Its when the non-neighborhood teenagers show up acting all rude with no costume. I'm not Obama, I don't give free handouts.

OctoberRust
10-26-2012, 08:05
Halloween is devil worshipping. I'm telling god on you guys.

Peace Warrior
10-26-2012, 08:08
Halloween is devil worshipping. I'm telling god on you guys.
Which god? :whistling:

Sharkey
10-26-2012, 08:08
I'm giving out Tide pucks... they look just like candy anyways.

That is funny.

I got no problems with kids being dropped off in better neighborhoods but someone asking me my address in Wal Mart?
Maybe they were joking?

Just tell them the jail address, I'm sure they are familiar with it.

Peace Warrior
10-26-2012, 08:11
That is funny.

I got no problems with kids being dropped off in better neighborhoods but someone asking me my address in Wal Mart?
Maybe they were joking?

Just tell them the jail address, I'm sure they are familiar with it.
No, they weren't joking... but hey, I was buying snickers buy the box full. ;) It is just amazing to me that parents do this kind of thing....

OctoberRust
10-26-2012, 08:14
Which god? :whistling:

My god, and my god is right!!!!!! :supergrin:

Peace Warrior
10-26-2012, 08:16
My god, and my god is right!!!!!! :supergrin:
Touche' !!! fair enough... :supergrin:

OctoberRust
10-26-2012, 08:18
Touche' !!! fair enough... :supergrin:

So what candy did you get me? And where do you live? :supergrin:

The Fist Of Goodness
10-26-2012, 08:19
Last year we had a few multi generational Mexican families trick or treating in our neighborhood. Everyone, including the adults without costumes, was carrying a bag and expected candy (they didn't get it).

One family didn't even try to be low key about not being from the neighborhood. The parked in front of our house, went to two or three houses, then pack back into the car and moved on.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Peace Warrior
10-26-2012, 08:26
So what candy did you get me? And where do you live? :supergrin:

I got the good stuff. but I am like the candy nazi (al la Seinfeld) this year...

Peace Warrior
10-26-2012, 08:27
Last year we had a few multi generational Mexican families trick or treating in our neighborhood. Everyone, including the adults without costumes, was carrying a bag and expected candy (they didn't get it).

One family didn't even try to be low key about not being from the neighborhood. The parked in front of our house, went to two or three houses, then pack back into the car and moved on.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Not to make it plain what they were doing or anything... amazing. :cool:

OctoberRust
10-26-2012, 08:29
I got the good stuff. but I am like the candy nazi (al la Seinfeld) this year...

You know, to troll kids this year for Halloween, I was thinking of getting a bucket full of toothbrushes, apples, and miniature bibles. :rofl: But I kind of don't want my house egged, so the thought is funny, but that's where it ends. :rofl::embarassed:

woodasptim
10-26-2012, 10:44
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i144/timbackp/aaaa-It-was-one-Awesome-Halloween.jpg

OctoberRust
10-26-2012, 11:12
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i144/timbackp/aaaa-It-was-one-Awesome-Halloween.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl: you owe me a new keyboard.

Bilbo Bagins
10-26-2012, 13:31

Damn that is evil :rofl:

Bilbo Bagins
10-26-2012, 13:33
I want to build this

Fake Trick or Treater - YouTube

okie
10-26-2012, 13:38
It dang sure surprised me too Mayor... I was thinking like... "huh, are you actually serious..." (they were)

You should have given them an address to a strip club:rofl::rofl:

okie
10-26-2012, 13:39

:rofl::rofl:

Rabbi
10-26-2012, 13:39
They come by the truck load to my hood. The actual truck load. A truck will pull up on the end of the street and let out a bunch of kids, this happens all evening.

I dont mind the little ones but some of the kids are way too old and some of them are flat out adults with bags and expectations as well. Some of them also dont own a watch and think 10-11-12 is just fine to keep going to peoples doors. It isnt.

I am blessed to live in a very nice area and my property is gated so I control the situation that way but it would be nice to actually be in a gated community sometimes. (many of the nicest areas around here are NOT gated communities....*sigh*)

People will go to silly lengths to get a free T-Shirt and/or free candy.