Assassination attempt last night. Careless Cell Phone Lady Soccer Mom Cager [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Assassination attempt last night. Careless Cell Phone Lady Soccer Mom Cager

Eurodriver
10-26-2012, 06:41
Last night I was at an intersection, the following graphic represents what occurred.

http://i46.tinypic.com/140b3w8.jpg

I was sitting in the left lane, with my blinker on, minding my own business. The light was red, and I was waiting for the turn arrow. Its a fairly quiet neighborhood intersection and there were a few cars around, but not many. Maybe one or two vehicles passed through the intersection perpendicular to me.

As the light turned yellow, careless cell phone lady soccer mom cager decided she was going to run it, but didnt want to be bothered by putting her phone down of course. At the last second, she saw me and came to a screetching halt right in front of me where she honked her horn, and then gave me the middle finger. (She did both of these while remaining on the phone - if only she was as talented at making left turns as she was at hurling insults)

I looked behind me at first, thinking "Wow, there's no way she's yelling at me. I'm inside the lane minding my own business. " So I turned around - but no one was behind me. Then I looked at the car to my right, and she gave me a "LOL" face and shook her head.

Well, I didnt know it yet but guy in the purple car up ahead had turned right. He confronted her at the next intersection and boxed her in. I found this out as I turned down the road. As I was walking up I he asked her, not very politely, to put the phone down and start driving before she kills someone or he would "gladly make an important phone call and run over her kid's soccer team while they're practicing one night." I was about to talk to her myself, but that guy was getting back in his vehicle and I didnt need some backed-into-a-corner-psycho rich lady calling the police making up some fabricated "He tried to kill me!" nonsense claim. So I walked back to my motorcycle, and as I passed her I pegged my engine to the rev limiter (My exhaust is extremely loud).

Mature? No. But I did it anyway. The odd thing was that I wasn't even angry. I was more perplexed. Almost a disbelief, like "Is this lady for real?"

Anyway - I hadn't made a thread in a while and after that event last night figured you guys would enjoy hearing about how you were so close to being rid of me.

kensb2
10-26-2012, 06:45
Maybe she's the daughter of the crazy old lady that lives across the street? I smell conspiracy!

eracer
10-26-2012, 06:47
Always look to the right before making a left turn on green. The crazies are out, and you can't make them go away. You can only swallow your pride and let them go on their stupid way without causing you pain.

Here's my most recent interaction with Ms. Mayhem...

Nighttime on interstate highway. I'm in right lane, going the speed limit. Motorcycle is in the left lane, slowly overtaking me. Ms. Mayhem is in the exit lane, when at the last moment she decides she doesn't want to exit, instead believing that occupying the space my truck currently occupies is the preferred option.

I brake hard, honk, flash my lights, and get as far left as I can without wiping out the motorcycle (all in the space of 1-2 seconds.) And the STUPID CARELESS CHICK flips me off!

Thank God for my situational awareness, and my cat-like reflexes, or someone would have been hurt - and STUPID CARELESS CHICK probably would have driven off into the night, without a care in the world, safe in the knowledge that she saved 30 seconds she would have lost had she admitted her error, continued down the off-ramp, and re-entered the highway safely.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/eracer1111/Stupid_careless_chick_driver.png

Eurodriver
10-26-2012, 06:52
Always look to the right before making a left turn on green. The crazies are out, and you can't make them go away. You can only swallow your pride and let them go on their stupid way without causing you pain.

I look left and right when going through every intersection. You're right, too many crazies.

But what blew my mind about this was that I hadnt even moved yet. My bike was in neutral and my hands werent even on the bars. I literally was just sitting there day dreaming about how hot Anna Kournikova used to be.

Bruce M
10-26-2012, 06:56
Seatbelt: check. Helmet: check. Seat position: check. Hang on - it's gonna be a good ride.:popcorn:

aircarver
10-26-2012, 07:01
... as I passed her I pegged my engine to the rev limiter (My exhaust is extremely loud).

I'm beginning to understand your problems with blown engines ....

tehan2
10-26-2012, 07:59
My bike was in neutral and my hands werent even on the bars..

do yourself a favor....take a rider safety course and never do the above again

Bren
10-26-2012, 08:20

I agree with that. Eurodriver thinks he is the first to discover the common dangers of motorcycling...mainly around female drivers.

Eurodriver - a hint - always in gear and ready to go at a stop.

When I first started, I was on a country road around a mountain and an old lady coming around a curve toward me came all the way to the left side of the road, coming straight at me and forced me into the gravel between the road and a 6 foot drop to a creek. She never even knew I was directly in front of her face - looked right through me and continued on without ever changing speed or shifting her eyes. It was like I was completely invisible to her.

BEER
10-26-2012, 08:36
face it man, the entire world hates you and is out to get you. you should really consider moving to some remote unpopulated area and going "off the grid". it's not that we're tired of all 12 million of your "WOE IS ME!" threads, it's for your own safety. really.

Fox
10-26-2012, 08:44
Here's my most recent interaction with Ms. Mayhem...

I would have kept my lane, if the other driver goes into my truck then their insurance will pay for it. The likely outcome is that the other driver will either go into the offramp or slow down and merge behind me.

nmk
10-26-2012, 08:47
You lost me at "cager". The world is full of bad drivers. Some of them drive cars and some of them drive bikes. If you go the bike route you need to be more defensive because the stakes are obviously higher.

aircarver
Car drivers do not see motorcycles... (too small for their scan)

Drive defensively, accordingly..... :alex:

GigiB
Last night I was at an intersection, the following graphic represents what occurred.

http://i46.tinypic.com/140b3w8.jpg

I was sitting in the left lane, with my blinker on, minding my own business. The light was red, and I was waiting for the turn arrow. Its a fairly quiet neighborhood intersection and there were a few cars around, but not many. Maybe one or two vehicles passed through the intersection perpendicular to me.

As the light turned yellow, careless cell phone lady soccer mom cager decided she was going to run it, but didnt want to be bothered by putting her phone down of course. At the last second, she saw me and came to a screetching halt right in front of me where she honked her horn, and then gave me the middle finger. (She did both of these while remaining on the phone - if only she was as talented at making left turns as she was at hurling insults)

I looked behind me at first, thinking "Wow, there's no way she's yelling at me. I'm inside the lane minding my own business. " So I turned around - but no one was behind me. Then I looked at the car to my right, and she gave me a "LOL" face and shook her head.

Well, I didnt know it yet but guy in the purple car up ahead had turned right. He confronted her at the next intersection and boxed her in. I found this out as I turned down the road. As I was walking up I he asked her, not very politely, to put the phone down and start driving before she kills someone or he would "gladly make an important phone call and run over her kid's soccer team while they're practicing one night." I was about to talk to her myself, but that guy was getting back in his vehicle and I didnt need some backed-into-a-corner-psycho rich lady calling the police making up some fabricated "He tried to kill me!" nonsense claim. So I walked back to my motorcycle, and as I passed her I pegged my engine to the rev limiter (My exhaust is extremely loud).

Mature? No. But I did it anyway. The odd thing was that I wasn't even angry. I was more perplexed. Almost a disbelief, like "Is this lady for real?"

Anyway - I hadn't made a thread in a while and after that event last night figured you guys would enjoy hearing about how you were so close to being rid of me.

Wow! You should write a book....

frizz
10-26-2012, 08:48
What were you doing? Never walk up to another driver like that. In a close call, just drive/ride off and put it behind you. Call the cops at another place if you need to.

First you were at risk from MVA. Then you put yourself it risk from lead poisoning. What if she was packing?

Please... be careful. Swallow your pride, be a chicken****, and live. Just leave.

EDIT: This is not to be insulting or to call you a fool; I have done pretty much the same in the past, so I live in a glass house. I try to think rather than react.

nmk
10-26-2012, 08:54

It's relative, but you start threads quite frequently.

.264 magnum
10-26-2012, 09:03
Different deal but I haven't been on a motorcycle on a public street in almost 15 years, I still do the dirt-bike and atv things on the ranch several times per year. That way there are no crazies around except my son and me.

I was riding a friend's AMF Harley up I35 from Dallas into Carrollton/Farmer's Branch Texas. Traffic was very light, a flatbed truck passed me really moving and I noticed odd movement from the bed. Suddenly, two long, oak I'm sure, boards slipped off and sort of under the trailer - these were not on the trailer they were part of the trailer's bed. One slid and bounced down the road and the crown took that board to the shoulder - no problem. While that was happening the second board fell into a bind between the trailer frame and a tire and the road surface and was ripped in two. While the long piece bounced well into the air and to my right the short piece was ripped into several shards of various sizes, six or eight pieces maybe. I rode through all of that.

My buddy, the bike owner, was well behind me on his ancient side shifter he saw the entire thing and told me something like, "man that was awesome riding, you didn't overreact and dump the bike I don't give crap about you but my bike would be hard to replace etc.". The truth is I don't remember making a single adjustment/maneuver on the bike except slowing down. I also pissed my pants, literally. I retired from the road that night.

A friend ran over a black baseball bat in Walmart parking lot. His girlfriend was killed he was paralyzed. He was riding 20 mph at most both were wearing helmets she had on a padded riding jacket as well.

Many years ago and this is 100% true - may I be blasted dead by a sizzling lightening bolt if not.........
Another friend lost control of his 250 Kawasaki avoiding a deer then went THROUGH a barbed wire fence and ended up falling head first into rock lined a dug well and lived. What are the odds?

.264 magnum
10-26-2012, 09:04
Car drivers do not see motorcycles... (too small for their scan)

Drive defensively, accordingly..... :alex:

Gospel truth.

Hines57
10-26-2012, 09:26
Assassination attempt last night. .

That stupid lady told me she knew how to make it look like an accident. If you see her again tell her I want my $5k back.

Guess I have to spend real money and hire a pro.

cowboywannabe
10-26-2012, 09:37
face it man, the entire world hates you and is out to get you. you should really consider moving to some remote unpopulated area and going "off the grid". it's not that we're tired of all 12 million of your "WOE IS ME!" threads, it's for your own safety. really.

here here.

pizza_pablo
10-26-2012, 09:55
CAGER?!!! I, sir, am a cager!

:supergrin:

ray9898
10-26-2012, 10:26
Wait....two guys 'boxed' in a female on the side of the road. That is a good way to get shot no matter how bad of a driver she is.

Lonestar 48
10-26-2012, 10:27
Was this her?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_s7Gt2Vc23uU/TKeXorsnmmI/AAAAAAAABWg/yfBdIldjWvI/s1600/old+lady+bird.jpg

fnfalman
10-26-2012, 10:27

Yep. Motorcycle clutches were designed to be used constantly. Unless it's the dry clutch from Ducati or BMW, then you're screwed.

The only time I'd ever put my moto in neutral is when I'm already surrounded by cages at the stop light and no other cages can get to me.

sappy13
10-26-2012, 10:36
Guess you didnt get the memo, Cagers are always right when they almost hit a bike. at least in their eyes.

Averageman
10-26-2012, 18:00
Welcome to the club; now be advised.
THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN EVERY OTHER MONTH !

concretefuzzynuts
10-26-2012, 18:16
You know, all I can say is with all the important crap going on in the world and with our country (which I love so much), I don't give a poop about your petty problems any more.

NeverMore1701
10-26-2012, 18:21
Damn, better luck next time.

To her.

TheExplorer
10-26-2012, 18:28
In case you were like me and afraid to ask.

Cager-a popular word among motorcyclists and bicyclists for four wheeled motor vehicle drivers. The term is often used in a derogative sense, because the car body effectively forms a cage, isolating the said driver from having to interact with other road users.

GVFlyer
10-26-2012, 18:43
Frequent occurrence, assume you're invisible and try to stay alive.

Reference your signature: I'm a former Army officer and many of my fellow troops lost their lives in the service of our country - hardly the act of chicken****s.

At least place Lehrer's comment in context by stating that he is a former jarhead and that there is a long standing rivalry between the Army and the Marine Corps.

"The Marine Corps is actually part of the Navy Department, but the Marines don’t like to admit it – and Navy men never stop reminding them of it. But beyond that, the Marines have a certain superior attitude or “esprit de corps” that defines them. They are proud of it - and it may have something to do with the rivalry. For example, in Flags of Our Fathers, James Bradley quotes PBS newsman and former Marine Corps officer, Jim Lehrer, as saying, “I learned that Marines never leave their dead and wounded behind, officers always eat last, the U.S. Army is chicken**** in combat, the Navy is worse, and the Air Force is barely even on our side.”

berto62
10-26-2012, 19:12
This is what I have learned in 35 years of riding a motorcycle.

Don't ride impaired. (tired, drunk,drugs, anger....)

Take it seriously and actually learn to ride and control your bike.

Wear Gear that keeps you comfortable for the given weather so you can maintain focus to the task at hand. (protection should be the secondary consideration in gear selection)

Keep your bike in good running order.

Pay attention

Do this and 99 % of those oh**** moments go away and riding in traffic becomes fun instead of frighting

frank4570
10-26-2012, 19:31
You should have bladed.

gjk5
10-26-2012, 20:18
listening to motorcycle guys ***** about drivers never ceases to crack me up.

Yes people are bad drivers and idiots abound, did you think you would change that merely by ditching two wheels?

Bruce M
10-26-2012, 20:26
That stupid lady told me she knew how to make it look like an accident. If you see her again tell her I want my $5k back.

Guess I have to spend real money and hire a pro.
:rofl::rofl:

SGT278ACR
10-26-2012, 20:37
This is what I have learned in 35 years of riding a motorcycle.

Don't ride impaired. (tired, drunk,drugs, anger....)

Take it seriously and actually learn to ride and control your bike.

Wear Gear that keeps you comfortable for the given weather so you can maintain focus to the task at hand. (protection should be the secondary consideration in gear selection)

Keep your bike in good running order.

Pay attention

Do this and 99 % of those oh**** moments go away and riding in traffic becomes fun instead of frighting

I guess I was one of the unfortunate ones to be a victim of one of the 1% oh **** moments. Being as safe as you can be through your actions is imperative, however, that feeling of safety is an illusion to give us peace of mind while riding. Doesn't matter how safe YOU are, a dip-$#!+ inattentive driver can still take you out. With that said... damn I wish i was still riding.

RenoF250
10-26-2012, 21:46
Reference your signature: I'm a former Army officer and many of my fellow troops lost their lives in the service of our country - hardly the act of chicken****s.

At least place Lehrer's comment in context by stating that he is a former jarhead and that there is a long standing rivalry between the Army and the Marine Corps.

"The Marine Corps is actually part of the Navy Department, but the Marines don’t like to admit it – and Navy men never stop reminding them of it. But beyond that, the Marines have a certain superior attitude or “esprit de corps” that defines them. They are proud of it - and it may have something to do with the rivalry. For example, in Flags of Our Fathers, James Bradley quotes PBS newsman and former Marine Corps officer, Jim Lehrer, as saying, “I learned that Marines never leave their dead and wounded behind, officers always eat last, the U.S. Army is chicken**** in combat, the Navy is worse, and the Air Force is barely even on our side.”

Lighten up Frances. The context doesn't change the quote at all.

AngryPanda
10-27-2012, 08:12
You should know better to walk up on the car. If something happened to you who would take care of the 12 year thai girls locked in your basement?

Eurodriver
10-27-2012, 08:22
Frequent occurrence, assume you're invisible and try to stay alive.

That is exactly the type of reply I would expect from a former Army officer - useless and an attempt at mitigating the lameness of Big Army.

Funny, no sailor or airman has every commented on my sig. Its Army dogs - every time. Maybe because they don't have to boost their own egos?

You should know better to walk up on the car. If something happened to you who would take care of the 12 year thai girls locked in your basement?

I live in Florida, we don't have basements and I thought they were 12 year old Thai boys? :dunno: I dunno, haven't been in there in a while.

shotgunred
10-27-2012, 08:29
I have been riding for over 30 years I can't even remember how many people have cut me off. If you are going to make it as long as I have you have to remember motorcycles are invisible!

lunarspeak
10-27-2012, 08:32
you have enough problems with old ladies,lets not get the army pissed at you too...an apology is in order.:steamed:

FLIPPER 348
10-27-2012, 09:16
You lost me at "cager".

I've only heard that word from uber d-bags

Tom P
10-27-2012, 09:22
1. You are completely invisible, even if it looks like they see you, don't bet your life on it.

2. Everyone else is specifically trying to kill you and make it look like an accident. Don't give them the opportunity.

Eurodriver
10-27-2012, 09:36
you have enough problems with old ladies,lets not get the army pissed at you too...an apology is in order.:steamed:

Have you ever read Keeping Faith? If not, I encourage you to read it.

Keeping Faith: A Father-Son Story About Love and the United States Marine Corps: John Schaeffer,Frank Schaeffer: 9780786713080: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BR9TDK2RL.@@AMEPARAM@@41BR9TDK2RL

In it, he describes while in MOS school (at an army base) he witnessed a lone Marine threaten to beat the snot out of a soldier who was acting stupid and then when his buddies came out to see what was going on he tried to take on the whole barracks! Thats just how Marines are. (But the book is incredible, seriously) The book is so good, its actually one of the reasons I joined the Marine Corps. Great great read. A+ and it stayed with me for a long time.

One time in Fort Polk, Louisiana I was doing Convoy Security training (Cajun Viper) and went into one of the "Army" chow halls to get lunch with a buddy of mine. Two of us - 300 soldiers.

Civilians mostly ran the chow hall but some hooah child came up to me (I was just a LCpl) and told me that I couldn't eat there because it was for "Soldiers only" and "Marines should be eating in the field". I told him it was a DFAC mess facility, and while raising my voice said "and I hope the meal I'm about to eat is worth the ass whooping I'm going to have to dish out to get it".

That book was actually running through my mind as this happened, but reality was a little bit different.

1) It was not a junior enlisted warrior barracks. I wasn't about to take on Staff Sergeants and First Sergeants. So I had to settle for the hooah child.

2) It ended up being 25+ vs 2, it sounds bad ass. But it was scary as hell.

3) Knowing that the Corps' reputation was on my shoulders, I swung at the hooah child anyway. I was immediately tackled to the ground and held there for the hooah MPs to arrive.

I only got a negative counselling but my Company Gunny told me that it was badass that I still swung on the guy even though I was super outnumbered. Probably one of the top 3 best memories of my service, so forgive me for not apologizing to some butt hurt soldier over something he read on the internet, that I didn't even say..

On another note, could you see two soldiers going into a Marine Corps chow hall and trying to start something? It would never happen. Ever.

saddlebum
10-27-2012, 09:56
rest of the story: she was talking to me on the phone,she said there's eurodriver at the light on his bike.I said run that MF'er over ,she tried but you got away. maybe next time

RonS
10-27-2012, 10:09
You need to move to Tibet and become a hermit monk and live in a cave above the tree line. I hear if you are really devout you can live on snow melt and lichen for a long time.

RenoF250
10-27-2012, 10:36
On another note, could you see two soldiers going into a Marine Corps chow hall and trying to start something? It would never happen. Ever.

That has nothing to do with them being chicken#$@%. They likely don't see the need to fight all the time, particularly with people who are supposed to be on their side. Especially fighting and losing which was your case.

You are lucky they controlled themselves. Had then been a Marine barracks you would have gotten a beating rather than just being held down.

No one branch can win a war on its own, they all have a job to do.

droidfire
10-27-2012, 11:00
So wait, eurodriver, you tried to beat up some child? Seriously?

You really are a piece of trash.

NeverMore1701
10-27-2012, 14:27

Glad he broke that pattern!

:whistling:

Eurodriver
10-28-2012, 07:58
So wait, eurodriver, you tried to beat up some child? Seriously?

You really are a piece of trash.

Yeah. Most of the people I've seen in Big Army while deployed were middle aged women.

So seeing some 18 year old straight out of basic training felt like I had stumbled across some summer program for troubled youths. (He had a tattoo going all the way up his neck to behind his ear. I can't believe the Army allows that trash)

686Owner
10-28-2012, 08:13
I'm certainly glad you made it and I was not deprived of this story. Did you just get your driver's license?

Bren
10-28-2012, 08:39
listening to motorcycle guys ***** about drivers never ceases to crack me up.

Yes people are bad drivers and idiots abound, did you think you would change that merely by ditching two wheels?

Yes.

First, most people are afraid to ride 2-wheels. I never really realized that when I had Hondas that were just transportation, but since I started riding Harleys and got more into the motorcycle culture, meeting more riders, travelling, online discussions, etc., you'd be surprised how many people either will never get on a bike or get one and then learn they are too afraid to ride it. Even long-time riders who are afraid to ride on interstates or at night or in rain.

Second, for those who aren't afraid, stupid drivers on motorcycles very quickly correct that problem - if they live through it, they either fix theior habits or end up too scared to ride anymore.

Bren
10-28-2012, 08:41

Than you don't ride a motorcycle. Among motorcycle riders, regardless of the style or brand, it's as normal a word as "biker" for motorcyclists.

shotgunred
10-28-2012, 10:10
Are you really important enough to be assassinated? Most of us just get killed or in this case manslaughter.