Chicken. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Chicken.

okie
10-26-2012, 07:02
When you consume chicken do you eat the skin? I don't eat lots of chicken, but Damn straight, Skippy I eat the skin, I believe not eating the skin will send you straight to the fiery pits of hell when you die:alex::eat:

ron8903
10-26-2012, 07:05
Fried only, not often.

okie
10-26-2012, 07:09
Fried only, not often.

That's the best way to consume chicken for sure my friend:eat:

skinny99
10-26-2012, 07:11
I don't like chicken skin! :crying::steamed:

I don't even know why. I normally love that kind of stuff. Crazy!

Mrs.Cicero
10-26-2012, 07:12
When I roast it with a rub or a glaze. Why should I miss out on all that tasty goodness?

JBnTX
10-26-2012, 07:41
The only chicken I eat is a boneless skinless breast, wrapped in tinfoil and baked in the oven for 30 minutes. Season as you desire.

Quick, easy, no dirty dishes and it's GOOD!

okie
10-26-2012, 07:50
The only chicken I eat is a boneless skinless breast, wrapped in tinfoil and baked in the oven for 30 minutes. Season as you desire.

Are you ready for a HOT future my friend:alex::tongueout::supergrin:

GreenDrake
10-26-2012, 07:54
I don't much care for it unless it is my competition chicken. This is a bit more time intensive to get this result but for judges they have to be able to get bite through skin. I scrape the skin and re-apply, you'd be disgusted at how much fat comes off one piece of thigh skin. Here's an example of a turn in box of mine and a bite through shot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/motorcade1/2012%20BBQ/chicken.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/motorcade1/2012%20BBQ/chickie4.jpg

USMCsilver
10-26-2012, 08:30
Boneless/skinless nearly every day of the week, sometimes twice a week.

I don't care for fried chicken too much; never really cared for having to pick meat off the bone. Fried tenders/nuggets? Err...maybe, but not often.

BuckeyePPC
10-26-2012, 08:41
I have a small deep fryer that I can do 6 drumsticks at a time. I don't batter the sticks but leave the skin on. I love it when the skin is fried and crispy. It has the texture of pork rinds.

Foxterriermom
10-26-2012, 08:41
When I was a child my Mom would oven bake chicken and brush it with vegetable oil to make the skin crispy and it was delicious! But the thought of eating it now almost makes me a little sick and I don't know why. I haven't eaten the skin in so many years I can't remember the last time I did.

mhambi
10-26-2012, 09:03
Yep all the time. Like I'm going to take the time to peel the skin off of every Chik-Fil-A nugget I eat.

randrew379
10-26-2012, 09:22
Will all of you "skinless" heretics send me your skin?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

byf43
10-26-2012, 09:23
Skin on.
Skin off.

Either way. . . . . chick'n is MAGNIFICIENT!!!!!

Fried. Broiled. Baked. Grilled. Boiled. Deep fried. Bar-B-Q'd.
Seasoned. Un-seasoned.
Dredged through egg and flour, then fried.
Plain.
Crispy. Not-so-crispy.

I likes me some chick'n!!!!!!!!!!:wavey:

Kevinr20
10-26-2012, 09:24
I love skin from fried chicken.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

okie
10-26-2012, 09:44
Damn, now I'm hungry for chicken:rofl::rofl:

amazon
10-26-2012, 09:54
usually boneless/skinless...but when having the opportuniy to enjoy a nicely roasted or fried chicken, I just let myself enjoy the tastey skin.

Bruce M
10-26-2012, 10:06
Fried yes and a few sporadic wings here and there. Otherwise my chicken choice is a skinless breast preferably from the grill.

mhambi
10-26-2012, 10:12
but Damn straight, Skippy I eat the skin, I believe not eating the skin will send you straight to the fiery pits of hell when you die

You're pretty fanatical about chicken skin... but do you eat the joint end of the bones and suck the marrow? If you don't, you not only end up in the fiery pits of hell, you become the prince of darkness himself!

just sayin... :wavey:

okie
10-26-2012, 13:04
You're pretty fanatical about chicken skin... but do you eat the joint end of the bones and suck the marrow? If you don't, you not only end up in the fiery pits of hell, you become the prince of darkness himself!

just sayin... :wavey:
I don't suck out the marrow my friend:embarassed::alex:

czsmithGT
10-26-2012, 13:30

This is exactly the way I eat chicken, usually use diced tomatoes in the cooking then eat the chicken sliced up in a lettuce salad with onions & oil & vinegar dressing.

holesinpaper
10-26-2012, 14:10
When you consume chicken do you eat the skin? I don't eat lots of chicken, but Damn straight, Skippy I eat the skin, I believe not eating the skin will send you straight to the fiery pits of hell when you die:alex::eat:

If eating the skin causes you to exceed your caloric needs, then you get fat.

If eating the skin does not cause you to exceed your caloric need, then you don't get fat.

If the skin contributes to you having too much fat in your diet, then it's not healthy. There are other 'healthier' fats out there one should eat on a regular basis (nuts, avacado, ELOO, etc), but indulging in chicken skin occasionally won't cause a heart attack.

ymmv

Buki192327
10-26-2012, 17:20

Damn right I eat the skin. I also eat the heart, liver and gizzard. :supergrin:

If eating the skin causes you to exceed your caloric needs, then you get fat.

If eating the skin does not cause you to exceed your caloric need, then you don't get fat.

If the skin contributes to you having too much fat in your diet, then it's not healthy. There are other 'healthier' fats out there one should eat on a regular basis (nuts, avacado, ELOO, etc), but indulging in chicken skin occasionally won't cause a heart attack.

ymmv

I am not going to get out of this world alive anyway, so why worry about it? :dunno:

bigchuck83
10-26-2012, 17:36
my body is a disposable machine anyways. don't plan to reach 100 so why not. if i get fried chicken i pull off the skin and save it for last. mmmm

Hef
10-26-2012, 17:43
I don't usually eat chicken skin. I don't like it.

Brian Lee
10-26-2012, 20:44
If it's fried, I gobble it right down like I'm trying to use voodoo to steal that chickens inner strength.

I also eat the skin off a fried trout after cooking him with the head and tail still on.

And I like to crunch up the rib bones and spine in canned salmon too.

okie
10-26-2012, 20:58
Damn right I eat the skin. I also eat the heart, liver and gizzard. :supergrin:

I am not going to get out of this world alive anyway, so why worry about it? :dunno:

Well said my friend:supergrin:

tous
10-27-2012, 07:24

What in the Sam Hill is a Texan doing eating barnyard critters when the pastures are full of tasty cows? :cow:

:supergrin:

<--- eats chicken often, consumes skin when skin is installed