What are you guys thoughts on this article [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys thoughts on this article

Delon
10-26-2012, 09:53
Granted it is not 100% cop stuff, but these guys had there request for support actively denied 3 times while in a fire fight with support in range.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/26/cia-operators-were-denied-request-for-help-during-benghazi-attack-sources-say/

Just seems wrong,

Mattz
10-26-2012, 10:10
I think it's what's wrong with America today when it comes to our wars and military. We have politicians directing our military, when in most scenario's they have no business calling those shots.

rockapede
10-26-2012, 10:14
I think it's what's wrong with America today when it comes to our wars and military. We have politicians directing our military, when in most scenario's they have no business calling those shots.

Civilian oversight is extremely important, but I'd agree that they need to butt out of the day-to-day.

merlynusn
10-27-2012, 07:27
Yes it is wrong. Those guys were left there on their own with no support. Support was readily available and should have been launched. To think that President Obama, Secretary Clinton and Secretary Panetta didn't know about the attack as it was ongoing is wrong. There are set time limits and they would know immediately. Even if they aren't at their office/building, those kind of people travel with secure communications and will be informed within the set time limits.

Kingarthurhk
10-27-2012, 09:22
Maybe they wanted him dead? Maybe they were trying to make political hay and it backfired on them?