Good times at the 'ol Waffle House [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good times at the 'ol Waffle House

meathead19
10-26-2012, 10:18
http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/greenville-news/Police-3-women-attack-Greenville-Waffle-House-security-guard/-/9654794/17144434/-/eaflcg/-/index.html

It makes me think.....What would I have done as a CWP holder had I been there?

They certainly have bad intentions and the guard is getting whooped.

Just thinking out loud.....

Hef
10-26-2012, 10:27
http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/greenville-news/Police-3-women-attack-Greenville-Waffle-House-security-guard/-/9654794/17144434/-/eaflcg/-/index.html

It makes me think.....What would I have done as a CWP holder had I been there?

They certainly have bad intentions and the guard is getting whooped.

Just thinking out loud.....

If I felt (reasonably) that his life was in danger, I would have shot them, and my lawyer would defend me based on the disparity of force argument.

BigDeeeeeeee
10-26-2012, 10:51
When you're in the business of selling waffles and you need a security guard you're in the wrong neighborhood.:whistling:

meathead19
10-26-2012, 10:51
If I felt (reasonably) that his life was in danger, I would have shot them, and my lawyer would defend me based on the disparity of force argument.

Do you have a lawyer that specializes in self defense type cases?

Also, see you're in SC. The Upstate is currently experiencing an abundance of shooting/killing, and I don't think it's gonna get any better.

eruby
10-26-2012, 11:01
Scattered, smothered, covered, beaten, finger bitten off.

Those 3 'angels' deserve a beating and to each have one of their fingers removed.

meathead19
10-26-2012, 11:06
Scattered, smothered, covered, beaten, finger bitten off.

Those 3 'angels' deserve a beating and to each have one of their fingers removed.

Had it been 3 whites on a black guard, I'm guessing hate crime charges thrown in the mix.

gigab1te
10-26-2012, 11:23
I'm not a restaurant snob, but I can't recall the last time I ate at a place that had a security guard, if ever. I would consider that a good indication to go somewhere else....

meathead19
10-26-2012, 11:31
I'm not a restaurant snob, but I can't recall the last time I ate at a place that had a security guard, if ever. I would consider that a good indication to go somewhere else....

I've eaten at several WH's, but it's between the hrs of 0630 and 0900. Always been a harmless crowd of older folks or families traveling.

Now after midnight.....different story.

nursetim
10-26-2012, 12:01
Do you have a lawyer that specializes in self defense type cases?

Also, see you're in SC. The Upstate is currently experiencing an abundance of shooting/killing, and I don't think it's gonna get any better.

There is an outfit called CCW Safe, I think, that provides legal counsel, expert witnesses, and something else I can not recall off the top of my head.

I thought about joining up with them. They are based out of Kansas or Oklahoma I think.

Seemed like it was too good to be true so I'm hesitant. I have heard the defense of a good, justified shooting can cost 30-50K.
They also cover defense against civil suits.

Sounds like the security guard needed one of those multishot tazers.