What AR stuff to buy incase of a upcoming ban? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What AR stuff to buy incase of a upcoming ban?

grapony
10-26-2012, 12:26
I've got a complete AR already but was thinking about picking some extra hard parts, during the Clinton ban what AR stuff was banned? Was it just the lower? Or was it all the AR parts? In other words do I need to pickup a spare lower? I can get them for a good price here in town.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

AK_Stick
10-26-2012, 12:31
There isn't going to be another "ban" like the 94 AWB.

That said, if you're worried about trying to build/buy one during the "rush" before/post election, look to lowers/magazines.

cowboy1964
10-26-2012, 13:22
I think a hi-cap mag ban is far more likely than a firearm ban. But the odds of either happening is quite low, IMO. Prices are another matter though, they are going up, at least temporarily, if Obama wins.

Kirishiac
10-26-2012, 16:39
I bought a couple stripped mega receivers and 20 30rnd magazines.

Cole125
10-26-2012, 19:54
Your best bet is buying as many magazines as you can. They aren't going to go down in value, and if there is a ban you will be glad you have them.

One thing though, if there is a ban it may not be like the first AWB where things were grandfathered in, it could be a complete outright ban of certain guns and magazines.

mjkeat
10-26-2012, 21:04
I think a hi-cap mag ban is far more likely than a firearm ban. But the odds of either happening is quite low, IMO. Prices are another matter though, they are going up, at least temporarily, if Obama wins.

What's a hi-cap mag? Are you talking standard capacity, 30 round magazines?

WoodenPlank
10-26-2012, 21:08
I highly doubt we will be seeing any serious attempts at federal gun control laws any time soon.

Meanwhile, one of the main reasons prices are spiking again, and availability is dropping is from people panic buying before the election. Some of it is also from people buying now in the hopes of turning a big profit if Obama gets reelected by continuing with the fear-mongering that some folks have already tried starting up again.

samurairabbi
10-26-2012, 21:20
A possible consideration based on the 94 ban: if you buy AR lowers, assemble them into complete rifles, even if temporarily, and somehow document that fact. A lower was considered preban under the old law if it was produced AND ASSEMBLED INTO A COMPLETE RIFLE before the September 1994 cutoff date.

SpectreRider
10-26-2012, 21:45
I too think that it is unlikely that a new AWB will be put into place... But, I have given the idea some thought and decided that mags are the most vulnerable to a ban. Nothing in the 2A protects magazines. Ten rounds is the typical size limit spoken of.

There are probably millions of thirty round AR mags already produced. If they are grandfathered in there will not be an immediate and severe shortage. PMAGS on the other hand will be in short supply. There are not huge stockpiles of those sitting in warehouses.

I made sure to buy a few of those to go along with each lower in the safe.

BenjiEDF
10-26-2012, 21:55
Get a repair kit. Politics aside, since you brought it up you will feel better if you have some replacement parts.

kirgi08
10-26-2012, 22:21
Parts kits.'08.

Warp
10-26-2012, 23:17
One thing though, if there is a ban it may not be like the first AWB where things were grandfathered in, it could be a complete outright ban of certain guns and magazines.

Not a chance.

TangoFoxtrot
10-27-2012, 04:39
Keep it simle...Spare parts, ammo, and extra mags.

dukeguy
10-27-2012, 05:43
There's something here I don't understand. Why do some think there is absolutely no chance of another ban or attempted ban? The progressives have been working at their agenda for decades. They don't give up. What makes you think they will just roll over on this one?

I'm not suggesting that we all panic and run out and buy this or that. But I do think it would be wise for us to be vigilant about our rights. There are those in power who would take away those rights in a heartbeat.

RatDrall
10-27-2012, 07:12
There's something here I don't understand. Why do some think there is absolutely no chance of another ban or attempted ban? The progressives have been working at their agenda for decades. They don't give up. What makes you think they will just roll over on this one?

Because there could always be another ban, or executive order, or whatever that results in you being stripped of your rights and property.

Worrying about it, or buying things in preparation for a completely hypothetical ban, is a waste of money and energy. It would suck, a lot, to max out a credit card buying things just because you thought that a ban would work a certain way, then have all of your debt bought stuff confiscated because the ban went through in a different way.

faawrenchbndr
10-27-2012, 07:27
There's something here I don't understand. Why do some think there is absolutely no chance of another ban or attempted ban?..........

Ostriches,......heads buried in the sand. They WILL try, not sure
if we will get another ban, but they WILL try another.
More magazine bans will surely be a hot topic. I prefer the 20
round mags, so I am fine with the amount of mags I have on hand.

I recently bought a 1983 pre-ban Colt SP1. I also have another
BCM/Spikes build as well.

WoodenPlank
10-27-2012, 07:38

I'm not suggesting that we all panic and run out and buy this or that. But I do think it would be wise for us to be vigilant about our rights. There are those in power who would take away those rights in a heartbeat.

News flash, they have already tried - TWICE. That's just in the last 4 years. After the Giffords shooting and after the Aurora, CO shooting the usual suspects in the House and Senate screamed for a magazine ban and a return of the AWB (respectively). Hell, the Brady Campaign even came out with new ads calling for a ban on "assault clips" (:upeyes:) after the Giffords shooting. Yet neither attempt ever made it out of committee.

Why?

Because support for additional gun control is at a historic low. Republicans control the House, and even many Democrats oppose gun control now, as they view it as career suicide. Outside of the usual suspects of Feinstein, McCarthy, et al., most Democrats have learned their lesson after the absolute creaming they took in the mid-term elections after the '94 AWB was passed. Democrats lost control of the House for the first time in 40 years as a result of that election, and they have not forgotten it.

So long as the Republican party controls the House, and many Senate Democrats treat gun control as anathema, you will not be seeing any new significant gun control measures.

(Cue the usual "But....executive orders!!!")

K. Foster
10-27-2012, 08:44
I highly doubt we will be seeing any serious attempts at federal gun control laws any time soon.

Meanwhile, one of the main reasons prices are spiking again, and availability is dropping is from people panic buying before the election. Some of it is also from people buying now in the hopes of turning a big profit if Obama gets reelected by continuing with the fear-mongering that some folks have already tried starting up again.

Agree.

Glockdude1
10-27-2012, 08:49
Think positive.

There will be no bans of any kind.

:cool:

FireForged
10-27-2012, 10:54
What's a hi-cap mag? Are you talking standard capacity, 30 round magazines?

hi cap, low cap, standard cap, car-bean, car-bine, mag, clip, ... everyone know exactly what these words mean when used in a sentence.

..and I agree, a hi-cap ban is probably what we would see if anything new comes along. I think Ive still gone about 15 or so pmags in my cart. I should probably go ahead and buy them.

PlasticGuy
10-27-2012, 11:59
Lowers, 30rd mags, and ammo are my suggestions. Spare parts have never been the focus of broadly applied restrictions here.

Warp
10-27-2012, 16:26

Nobody said that and I don't think anybody thinks that.

But 'they' don't have enough pull.

Gun control is currently political suicide at the national level...and beyond-difficult to actually pass.

Wake_jumper
10-27-2012, 16:40
Buy all the magazines you can afford

chief63
10-27-2012, 17:14
Easy to go after magazines and tax ammo. Thats my only real concern.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

seamaster
10-27-2012, 18:02
i hate it when fellow gun people drive up the price of guns and ammo. Greedy bastards!

i keep only as much ammo and guns as I can take with me in case I have to leave my home. i evacuated 3 times in the last 5 years. after the first time leaving guns and ammo behind even though it was locked up i felt extremely responsible for it. I consolidated and sold off what I decided wasnt a first choice. i have plenty to suit my needs but without the burden.

Warp
10-27-2012, 18:56
i hate it when fellow gun people drive up the price of guns and ammo. Greedy bastards!

i keep only as much ammo and guns as I can take with me in case I have to leave my home. i evacuated 3 times in the last 5 years. after the first time leaving guns and ammo behind even though it was locked up i felt extremely responsible for it. I consolidated and sold off what I decided wasnt a first choice. i have plenty to suit my needs but without the burden.

Why?

And why do you not move?

RMTactical
10-27-2012, 18:57
I think they want to go after ammo.

uptomyneck
10-28-2012, 08:09
...then have all of your debt bought stuff confiscated because the ban went through in a different way .

Confiscated by whom? They'll run out of live bodies before us pissant civilains do.

PlasticGuy
10-28-2012, 11:07

i keep only as much ammo and guns as I can take with me in case I have to leave my home...
So if they ever ban lead, you will have zero training ammo. I think I'll continue to "drive up the price".

Glockdude1
10-28-2012, 17:26
Confiscated by whom? They'll run out of live bodies before us pissant civilians do.

:agree:

t4terrific
10-28-2012, 17:59
Confiscated by whom? They'll run out of live bodies before us pissant civilains do.

There would be a lot of citizens just bowing down. Few are the brave.

Warp
10-28-2012, 18:49

Precious few would be willing to step up, I am afraid.

ithaca_deerslayer
10-28-2012, 19:10
I'm still living under the ban. NYS, under a Republican governor, passed a mirror of the AWB except without a sunset clause.

In practical terms, the AWB was/is a joke. It is so funny everytime someone in the national media says under the ban "these kinds" of guns were illegal. No, they were not.

Even in NYS, we have all kinds of 15 round, 20 round, 30 round mags. They are in our houses, in our carry guns, and on the shelves in gun stores. They just have to be pre-ban.

We also have all kinds of AK's and AR's and whatever else, in our houses and on the shelves in gun stores. Both pre-ban and post-ban. The post-ban just can't have an evil feature like a bayonet lug if you already have a pistol grip and a detachable mag. Big freakin' deal!!!! How many crimes in the past 50 years have been committed by bayonet? How does that stupid law make anyone safer?

Just means when I order an AR from out of state I have to be careful that it doesn't have such an evil and deadly feature as a bayonet lug.

WTF?

Warp
10-28-2012, 19:16
I'm still living under the ban. NYS, under a Republican governor, passed a mirror of the AWB except without a sunset clause.

In practical terms, the AWB was/is a joke. It is so funny everytime someone in the national media says under the ban "these kinds" of guns were illegal. No, they were not.

Even in NYS, we have all kinds of 15 round, 20 round, 30 round mags. They are in our houses, in our carry guns, and on the shelves in gun stores. They just have to be pre-ban.

We also have all kinds of AK's and AR's and whatever else, in our houses and on the shelves in gun stores. Both pre-ban and post-ban. The post-ban just can't have an evil feature like a bayonet lug if you already have a pistol grip and a detachable mag. Big freakin' deal!!!! How many crimes in the past 50 years have been committed by bayonet? How does that stupid law make anyone safer?

Just means when I order an AR from out of state I have to be careful that it doesn't have such an evil and deadly feature as a bayonet lug.

WTF?

Can you buy an AR that takes removable magazines, has an adjustable stock, and has a flash hider?

How about just an adjustable stock and accepts removable magazines?

How much do 30 round PMAGs cost you? Wait...is there such a thing as a legal 30 round PMAG (THE standard in AR magazines these days) in New York?

ithaca_deerslayer
10-28-2012, 20:46
Can you buy an AR that takes removable magazines, has an adjustable stock, and has a flash hider?

How about just an adjustable stock and accepts removable magazines?

How much do 30 round PMAGs cost you? Wait...is there such a thing as a legal 30 round PMAG (THE standard in AR magazines these days) in New York?

Removable mags yes.
I don't know what a PMAG is, but if over 10 rounds and post-ban then no.
Collapsable stock and removable mags, yes.
Removable mags and pistol grip, yes.
Removable mags and pistol grip and adjustable stock, yes.
Removable mags and pistol grip and collapsable stock, no.

Dizzy yet?

So, no, I can't have some of the coolest post-ban features. But I can have the basic fixed stock AR, either rifle or carbine, no flash suppresor but can have a muzzle break.

Does it infringe on my freedom? Yes. Does it affect my ability to put 30 rounds accurately and quickly downrange? No. That is my point in how silly the law is. Does it make it harder for me to find the legal setup? Yes. Does it mean criminals will follow the law? No.

Warp
10-28-2012, 20:50
Removable mags yes.
I don't know what a PMAG is, but if over 10 rounds and post-ban then no.
Collapsable stock and removable mags, yes.
Removable mags and pistol grip, yes.
Removable mags and pistol grip and adjustable stock, yes.
Removable mags and pistol grip and collapsable stock, no.

Dizzy yet?

So, no, I can't have some of the coolest post-ban features. But I can have the basic fixed stock AR, either rifle or carbine, no flash suppresor but can have a muzzle break.

Does it infringe on my freedom? Yes. Does it affect my ability to put 30 rounds accurately and quickly downrange? No. That is my point in how silly the law is. Does it make it harder for me to find the legal setup? Yes. Does it mean criminals will follow the law? No.

The PMAG is the gold standard of AR15 magazines. It is made by Magpul, and is extremely popular. It's only been out since 2007 though.

At first I asked how much they cost, as they are standard, then I edited when I realized they might not even exist (legally) in the state.

ithaca_deerslayer
10-28-2012, 21:00
The PMAG is the gold standard of AR15 magazines. It is made by Magpul, and is extremely popular. It's only been out since 2007 though.

At first I asked how much they cost, as they are standard, then I edited when I realized they might not even exist (legally) in the state.

If 10 rounders exist, I can buy them. I'll just practise quick mag changes. The mag ban certainly hurts more than the "assault weapon" ban.

Wait till they realize old fashioned wood stocked .30-06 deer rifles shoot through armor. I should call the media, have them bring some vests to hang on a target, then shoot Black Talon pistol bullets from a banned Uzi and watch them bouce off. Then shoot grandpa's deer rifle and watch them drill right through. Uh oh.

fuzzy03cls
10-29-2012, 07:02
There will be no ban, stop inciting panic buying

Glockdude1
10-29-2012, 07:13

:agree:

Travclem
10-29-2012, 10:14
All it would take is Obama to be elected and appoint one more LIFELONG justice to the SCOTUS.

Warp
10-29-2012, 12:01
All it would take is Obama to be elected and appoint one more LIFELONG justice to the SCOTUS.

It would take more than that, actually.

Travclem
10-29-2012, 12:06
It would take more than that, actually.
No, it would take exactly that. The last hearing that upheld the 2nd for citizens was 5-4. The left side of the court is just waiting for a "wiser" court to be in place so it can be re-decided.

Warp
10-29-2012, 12:07
No, it would take exactly that.

So the Supreme Court would issue an executive order?

Or would they pass new legislation?

I don't recall much that originates with them. Perhaps you can clarify?

:headscratch:

Travclem
10-29-2012, 12:17
So the Supreme Court would issue an executive order?

Or would they pass new legislation?

I don't recall much that originates with them. Perhaps you can clarify?

:headscratch:
You're argument is invalid if by "it will take more than that" you mean that Obama has to sign his name on it. If you don't believe he would, you are naive. The supreme court is allowed to overturn past decisions.

Warp
10-29-2012, 12:18
You're argument is invalid if by "it will take more than that" you mean that Obama has to sign his name on it.

If that's your argument, it is a straw man.

But, I have a question anyway: Can you define the "it" I bolded, please?

Travclem
10-29-2012, 12:23
If that's your argument, it is a straw man.

But, I have a question anyway: Can you define the "it" I bolded, please?
Take your pick
-Obama's executive order
-Hilliary's UN treaty
- The next moonbat that decides Heller needs to be overturned.

Do you think that a liberal executive branch couldn't manufacture a reason for a liberal judicial branch to re decide Heller? The reason my first post said that is all it would take is because everything except the SCOTUS is in place to do it.

Warp
10-29-2012, 12:31
Take your pick
-Obama's executive order
-Hilliary's UN treaty
- The next moonbat that decides Heller needs to be overturned.

Do you think that a liberal executive branch couldn't manufacture a reason for a liberal judicial branch to re decide Heller? The reason my first post said that is all it would take is because everything except the SCOTUS is in place to do it.

Sounds like it would take something other than a different judge.

I still say it won't happen, just like I said it wouldn't happen 4 years ago.

I fully expected the same people who guaranteed it 4 years ago to guarantee it this time, though. Some things never change.

Travclem
10-29-2012, 12:33
Sounds like it would take something other than a different judge.

I still say it won't happen, just like I said it wouldn't happen 4 years ago.

I fully expected the same people who guaranteed it 4 years ago to guarantee it this time, though. Some things never change.
Everything besides the judge is already in place.

You have more faith in the left than I do. This will be Obama's last term, he has nothing to lose, and the SCOTUS answers to no one.

Warp
10-29-2012, 12:35
Everything besides the judge is already in place.

You have more faith in the left than I do. This will be Obama's last term, he has nothing to lose, and the SCOTUS answers to no one.

His party does.

BTW: You conveniently neglected the part where the President does not solely appoint Supreme Court Justices. ;)

Travclem
10-29-2012, 12:39
His party does.

BTW: You conveniently neglected the part where the President does not solely appoint Supreme Court Justices. ;)
What does his party have to lose? I doubt much of his voter base is pro gun.

He got Kagan and Sotomayor in. It doesn't get any worse than them. He may have to grease some palms but he'll get who he wants. If one turd doesn't get confirmed, the next one will.

Warp
10-29-2012, 12:51

That must be why they passed that AWB everybody was predicting when they had control after 2008.

Travclem
10-29-2012, 12:52
That must be why they passed that AWB everybody was predicting when they had control after 2008.
Obama had the next election to think about in '08.

Warp
10-29-2012, 12:53
Obama had the next election to think about in '08.

No worry.

Travclem
10-29-2012, 12:56
No worry.
Why would he care about his party after he can no longer be re-elected? I'm talking about the actions of a sole man here. Party be damned as long as he gets his agenda through.

For whatever reason, some gun owners are undecided in this election, thus the delay in gun legislation. The plans for a new ban came straight from the jackass' mouth in the second debate. Did you miss that?

Warp
10-29-2012, 13:07
Why would he care about his party after he can no longer be re-elected?

Because that's the way it is.

Because he owes favors.

Because he wants favors to come his way in the future.

I'm talking about the actions of a sole man here.

But you said it would take the Supreme Court, including a new justice, which would have to go past the Senate first, amiright?

Travclem
10-29-2012, 13:11
Because that's the way it is.

Because he owes favors.

Because he wants favors to come his way in the future.

But you said it would take the Supreme Court, including a new justice, which would have to go past the Senate first, amiright?
Which is all linked back to... you guessed it, the actions of a sole man. He who stacks the court, makes the rules. As I said earlier, he'll have no problem getting another dirtbag justice past the senate. You left out the part in quoting one of my previous posts about Kagan and Sotomayor so I'll say it again. If he can get these 2 in, what makes you think he can't put another one in that is just as bad or worse? The only domino not in place is the justice.

Warp
10-29-2012, 13:12
Which is all linked back to... you guessed it, the actions of a sole man. He who stacks the court, makes the rules. As I said earlier, he'll have no problem getting another dirtbag justice past the senate. You left out the part in quoting one of my previous posts about Kagan and Sotomayor so I'll say it again. If he can get these 2 in, what makes you think he can't put another one in that is just as bad or worse?

These...they do not seem to agree.

No matter how you look at it, it would take more than one single person.

I haven't yet heard anything as convincing for post-'12 as I heard for post-'08, and we know what (didn't) happen after that

cowboy1964
10-29-2012, 13:13

Look at the last few justices that have gotten past the Senate. And the Republicans ain't gonna take the Senate in '12, despite what Dick Morris says.

Warp
10-29-2012, 13:14
Look at the last few justices that have gotten past the Senate.

Not promising, I'll admit.

Travclem
10-29-2012, 13:14
Look at the last few justices that have gotten past the Senate.
He's ignoring that little jewel of history.

Warp
10-29-2012, 13:17
He's ignoring that little jewel of history.

Would you like to make some kind of little friendly wager on this ? Perhaps focus it on "high capacity" magazines?

If there is a restriction/ban on "high capacity" magazines, assuming a grandfather clause as has been the case in the past, I'll ship you a full capacity 9mm Glock magazine (G19/G17), or AR15 magazine (30 round PMAG).

If there isn't, after say 1 year, you ship me two of the above.

(2:1 since value obvious skyrockets if no new ones can be made/sold)

seamaster
10-29-2012, 14:29
Why?

And why do you not move?

I agree that there will be no ban.

I happen to love where I live and don't need a huge arsenal to feel confident.

Regarding evacuating, consider how many people are affected by hurricane Sandy. How many firearms and ammunition are going to nearly useless from salt water flooding?

Do as you wish. I've been thru it and know better.

Warp
10-29-2012, 14:34
I agree that there will be no ban.

I happen to love where I live and don't need a huge arsenal to feel confident.

Regarding evacuating, consider how many people are affected by hurricane Sandy. How many firearms and ammunition are going to nearly useless from salt water flooding?

Do as you wish. I've been thru it and know better.

Very few?

Travclem
10-29-2012, 14:42
Would you like to make some kind of little friendly wager on this ? Perhaps focus it on "high capacity" magazines?

If there is a restriction/ban on "high capacity" magazines, assuming a grandfather clause as has been the case in the past, I'll ship you a full capacity 9mm Glock magazine (G19/G17), or AR15 magazine (30 round PMAG).

If there isn't, after say 1 year, you ship me two of the above.

(2:1 since value obvious skyrockets if no new ones can be made/sold)
I can't take that bet because it likely wont happen in a year's time. If/when it does happen, Obama may no longer be in office, but his justices will.

Warp
10-29-2012, 15:04
I can't take that bet because it likely wont happen in a year's time. If/when it does happen, Obama may no longer be in office, but his justices will.

Wow.

Why the sudden 180 in your position?

Kirishiac
10-29-2012, 15:05
Obama getting something passed through the house/senate is not something that would happen at this time. However, who's to say that he doesn't sign an executive order that could take god knows how long to fight in court.

Also, like i said before along with others. Magazines and Lowers. You can buy a couple LPKs and do it yourself it's really not that hard.

Chuck TX
10-29-2012, 15:37
If it looks like 0 might get back in you ain't going to find stripped lowers, LPKs, or mags in-stock very easily.

Travclem
10-29-2012, 15:49
Wow.

Why the sudden 180 in your position?

No change in opinion here, I never said it would happen within a year, though it damn sure could. I still believe it will happen, I'm just not sure when. The fruits of Obama's second term (if elected) will be drilling the USA in the ass for years to come.

FireForged
10-29-2012, 15:54

exactly..

guns are a hot button topic and most elected officals are not willing to loose several hundred thousand votes locally and millions of votes nationally in order to placate a fringe group of anti's. They have already learned that lesson last time around.

folks, you can quite worrying about some UN treaty effecting our Constitution. Nobody is going to raise their hand to vote affirmative on that one. There were so many red lines drawn by the USA last time, that it made it impossible to include us.

seamaster
10-29-2012, 16:15
Very few?

no, most would be. salt water is very corrosive. I live on the coast and everything I own needs constant maintenence. most metals left immersed in salt water will corrode fairly quickly.

Warp
10-29-2012, 16:19
no, most would be.

I don't think most firearms will be underwater.

seamaster
10-29-2012, 16:47
Looking at the photos of the flooding unless they are in the attic, they are under water!

samurairabbi
10-29-2012, 16:49
There is an overlooked aspect of the "one more vote" fear. The two judges most likely to be replaced in the next presidential term are part of the MINORITY opinions on Heller and McDonald. Replacing THEM would not shift the decisions. The third most likely, Scalia, would shift the court if he were replaced by a leftist judge. The current president, if reelected, is still limited in capacity to damage RKBA.

You can razz your leftwing friends with this: Roberts and Alito are part of the cost of Bill Clinton costing Gore the 2000 election. If the left hates guns in civilian hands, THEIR president made those two court decisions happen.

Warp
10-29-2012, 17:04
Looking at the photos of the flooding unless they are in the attic, they are under water!

If you can't move your firearms with days of advance notice, and you live right next to the coast...too bad so sad, maybe you'll learn from your mistake.

Travclem
10-29-2012, 17:44
There is an overlooked aspect of the "one more vote" fear. The two judges most likely to be replaced in the next presidential term are part of the MINORITY opinions on Heller and McDonald. Replacing THEM would not shift the decisions. The third most likely, Scalia, would shift the court if he were replaced by a leftist judge. The current president, if reelected, is still limited in capacity to damage RKBA.

You can razz your leftwing friends with this: Roberts and Alito are part of the cost of Bill Clinton costing Gore the 2000 election. If the left hates guns in civilian hands, THEIR president made those two court decisions happen.

You are correct, it wouldn't **** the decision if Ginsberg or Breyer were replaced by a liberal but it would extend their legacy, or maybe worse.

Just imagine being able to replace Ginsberg or Breyer with a conservative 35year old justice. Oh what a glorious day. If something happened to Scalia, we'd be screwed.

It would also be nice to have another pro gun justice on the court (6-3) with a loose cannon like Roberts, who might change his mind on the issue tomorrow.

ddbtoth
10-29-2012, 18:11
So what in the Hell are we supposed to be panic buying again?

Warp
10-29-2012, 18:21

Anything you need to continue to run anything that you feel might be threatened by political/governmental action.

Ammo, mags, spare parts and the like.

seamaster
10-29-2012, 19:50
Warp, LOL you truly are warped!

Chuck TX
10-29-2012, 19:54

.45 GAP stuff. Huge demand for it. :rofl:

APERS
10-29-2012, 20:02
I would buy these:
gas rings/McFarland one piece gas ring
springs
extractor w/spring and pin
spare bolt complete
P-mags
ammo and or reloading components
in that order.

Roger1079
10-30-2012, 09:18
I predict a widespread confiscation of all firearms from civilians by the military as directed by Obama immediately after reelection. Anyone who resists will be shipped off to FEMA camps and imprisoned indefinitely without due process for dissenting.

:rofl: :upeyes: :faint:

I wish some of you looney toon tin foilers would stop causing shortages and price hikes in ammunition for the rest of us that do have a significant level of sanity and common sense.

ArmoryDoc
10-30-2012, 09:39
Keep repeating after me,

"Obama didn't say he wanted to re-implement an Assault Weapons ban."

Are we in Kansas yet, Toto ?

Oh wait. I AM !

BuzznRose
10-30-2012, 09:43
Keep repeating after me,

Oh wait. I AM !

Uh, sorry doc, but you would be wrong. Read and heed!

http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=17496680

ArmoryDoc
10-30-2012, 09:47
Maybe I wasn't very clear. I know he called for the banning of these weapons. I was just poking fun at Roger in south Florida.

TucsonGlocker
10-30-2012, 09:57
Keep repeating after me,

Oh wait. I AM !

:rofl:

Maybe this is when he said it?

:whistling:

ETA: ArmoryDoc, I know you were just poking fun :wavey:

fuzzy03cls
10-30-2012, 10:50
I wish some of you looney toon tin foilers would stop causing shortages and price hikes in ammunition for the rest of us that do have a significant level of sanity and common sense.
Or money...
I swear some of the guys I read about I have no idea how they get the $ for 20, 30k+ rounds of ammo to stock pile.
I've had 3 years & barley have any cause I can't afford the costs.

ArmoryDoc
10-30-2012, 11:10

Maybe this is when he said it? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-6daayjlAw)

:whistling:

ETA: ArmoryDoc, I know you were just poking fun :wavey:

And there ya go. If you listen to the video, he addresses a WIDE spectrum of issues from AK-47's to cheap handguns. Did you listen to his words Roger ??? How's that dry, brittle shoe leather without salt and pepper ? :rofl:

Chuck TX
10-30-2012, 11:33
Or money...
I swear some of the guys I read about I have no idea how they get the $ for 20, 30k+ rounds of ammo to stock pile.
I've had 3 years & barley have any cause I can't afford the costs.

Same way people get rich off of stocks. Many bought it when it was cheaper. 1K rds used to not cost so much.

Roger1079
10-30-2012, 11:36
And there ya go. If you listen to the video, he addresses a WIDE spectrum of issues from AK-47's to cheap handguns. Did you listen to his words Roger ??? How's that dry, brittle shoe leather without salt and pepper ? :rofl:I never said that he didn't say it. However unless I am mistaken, wanting and getting are two very different things.

And the shoe leather tastes like crap, can you please pass the salt and pepper? Maybe some barbeque sauce too.

Markasaurus
10-30-2012, 12:32
Yeah mags!!! I am in the PRK and let me tell you DO NOT TAKE YOUR HIGH CAP MAGS FOR GRANTED!!! Stack em high and keep the receipts for them too...

I happen to live in the PRK Kalifornia (PITY ME!!!) did not get an AR or AK til AFTER that stinking "assault weapons" ban. The 10 round mag bans SUCK! Plus that stupid magazine device thing we have to have...frikkin RIDICULOUS, pain in the ass garbage they force on us. BUT if you bought the mags before the year 2000 and can prove it you could KEEP and USE the mags even if you didn't even have a gun at the time.

I did get a Ruger P85, in the year 1998 before the 10 round mag nonsense became law here, with two 14 round mags. Needless to say i AM hanging on to this pistol!

Attention fellow subjects of the PRK - The woman who played a big part in this bans, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, is up for re election this year. Having voted already, absentee, voted against her as i do every time she comes up - but the witch will probably still retain her seat anyway like she always does (democrats in this state have their votes bought and paid for). Walking advertisement for term limits....DO NOT let mag bans happen in your state like they did in this Democrap Hell-hole!!! and illinois, NJ, and every other anti gun state!

seamaster
10-30-2012, 17:42
Markasourus I don't think there will be any more "ban" nonsense for a while. Even here in PRK they resently couldn't pass the bullet button ban. Even most of the liberals knew better than to support it.

There are more gun owners now than ever before. Yes we still have work to do to overturn all the current bans and restrictions but we are working on it.

I urge people to relax and control their panic buying. Everyone has their own idea of what's a practical amount of "stuff", but beyond that is a burden. Stay within your own practical limits and enjoy the time you have with the people you love.

There are 48 confirmed dead as result of Superstorm Sandy. Not from zombies, not nazis, and not bad guys...but by forces outside of human control.

Warp
10-30-2012, 17:58
Markasourus I don't think there will be any more "ban" nonsense for a while. Even here in PRK they resently couldn't pass the bullet button ban. Even most of the liberals knew better than to support it.

But you have bullet buttons, and that in and of itself is absolutely asinine.

ithaca_deerslayer
10-30-2012, 18:05
There are 48 confirmed dead as result of Superstorm Sandy. Not from zombies, not nazis, and not bad guys...but by forces outside of human control.

They will ban hurricanes next.

seamaster
10-30-2012, 18:08
But you have bullet buttons, and that in and of itself is absolutely asinine.

Warp, what's your purpose for continuing to state the obvious?

seamaster
10-30-2012, 18:11
They will ban hurricanes next.

At one time they tried to allow hurricanes in california but we successfully blocked it LOL

Warp
10-30-2012, 19:32
Warp, what's your purpose for continuing to state the obvious?

Your point that gun control is a no-go because even in Cali they couldn't get rid of bullet buttons is kinda not such a great point, IMO, considering what bullet buttons are and why you even have them.

PAGunner
10-30-2012, 19:51
Save your money, Romney is gonna win boys, there will be a glut of everything for at least the next few years, the sky is not falling.

Warp
10-30-2012, 19:53
Save your money, Romney is gonna win boys, there will be a glut of everything for at least the next few years, the sky is not falling.

Would you like to put a wager on that?

Say, a PMAG? Obama wins, you send me a new PMAG. Romney wins, I'll send you one.

TucsonGlocker
10-30-2012, 19:59

I hope you're right! :patriot:

BuzznRose
10-30-2012, 20:49
Maybe I wasn't very clear. I know he called for the banning of these weapons. I was just poking fun at Roger in south Florida.

Sorry Doc! I didn't realize you were being facetious. My mistake.

Take care,

Buzz

Cole125
10-30-2012, 21:35

I hope so, and that is what I want to believe. If every idiot causing this panic buy BS thought the same thing we would be better off.

These pricks think buying lots of guns and ammo will somehow "save" them from the world ending, zombies, all the stupid BS they think of, and we get screwed with high ammo prices because of it so we can't shoot as much or buy the guns we want with out getting screwed.

Warp
10-30-2012, 22:44
I hope so, and that is what I want to believe. If every idiot causing this panic buy BS thought the same thing we would be better off.

These pricks think buying lots of guns and ammo will somehow "save" them from the world ending, zombies, all the stupid BS they think of, and we get screwed with high ammo prices because of it so we can't shoot as much or buy the guns we want with out getting screwed.

If you can't shoot as much, you didn't buy enough ammo.

Roger1079
10-31-2012, 16:19
So I wonder how this ban will address NFA items. That seems to be a topic of conversation that never seems to come up. I am curious whether my 16" barrel .556 AR-15 will be treated the same as my 5" barrel 9mm suppressed SBR. Opinions?

Warp
10-31-2012, 17:15
So I wonder how this ban will address NFA items. That seems to be a topic of conversation that never seems to come up. I am curious whether my 16" barrel .556 AR-15 will be treated the same as my 5" barrel 9mm suppressed SBR. Opinions?

1. What ban?

2. Why would something that almost anybody in the country can legally purchase, possess, or transfer be treated the same as something that you can't get, anywhere in the country, without BATFE paperwork?

samurairabbi
10-31-2012, 17:28
2. Why would something that almost anybody in the country can legally purchase, possess, or transfer be treated the same as something that you can't get, anywhere in the country, without BATFE paperwork?

You are correct ... until the legal status of that item is changed by legislation or administrative decree. If that were to happen, then the previous legality of the item would no longer be "the operative version". Such a legal reclassification could happen during naptime, if people do not remain vigilant

Travclem
10-31-2012, 17:39
1. What ban?

You could mail order silencers and machine guns at one point in time.

Warp
10-31-2012, 17:42
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZYXLnq5dLVM/Ti2Nq70PuiI/AAAAAAAAB_I/Gb9mOm_TxxU/s1600/sky-is-falling.jpg

Roger1079
10-31-2012, 17:59
1. What ban?

2. Why would something that almost anybody in the country can legally purchase, possess, or transfer be treated the same as something that you can't get, anywhere in the country, without BATFE paperwork?1. The ban you are certain is coming.

2. Why not? My SBR is an AR-15 with a shorter barrel, nothing more and nothing less. Still an AR-15 "ASSAULT RIFLE" no matter how you look at it.

Warp
10-31-2012, 18:07
1. The ban you are certain is coming.

lolwhat?

I suggest you do some fact checking, fine Sir.

Chuck TX
10-31-2012, 20:21

Wars and increasing cost of metal play a bigger role than zombie
preppers when it comes to ammo prices.

Roger1079
11-01-2012, 05:29
You could mail order silencers and machine guns at one point in time.You still can as long as the appropriate Form 4 is completed and approved for in state purchases. For out of state purchases, a tax exempt Form 3 to a qualified SOT then a Form 4 is required.

Roger1079
11-01-2012, 05:31
lolwhat?

I suggest you do some fact checking, fine Sir.You said it yourself that you are one of those that is supporting all of the ridiculous panic buying that is happening right now.

Warp
11-01-2012, 17:25
1. The ban you are certain is coming.

You said it yourself

Don't lie.

Libel isn't cool.

Warp
11-06-2012, 20:18

Would you like to put a wager on that?

I tried. :(

Travclem
11-06-2012, 21:56
I tried. :(

What's the over/under on how many days until the new ban is passed?

WoodenPlank
11-06-2012, 22:14

Don't see a ban getting by the house. Won't stop the price gouging starting tomorrow.

I'm far more worried about one of the 5 justices on the majority side of the Heller and McDonald cases dying or retiring.

Warp
11-06-2012, 22:19

You seem to be confused.

Romney winning is all that was mentioned in that.

Last time I had CNN on, Romney lost.

Cole125
11-06-2012, 23:14
Prepare for more price gouging, hopefully it's not going to be as bad as last time.

Get all the 30 rounders you can, Bama is coming for them. :faint:

JuneyBooney
11-06-2012, 23:29
I've got a complete AR already but was thinking about picking some extra hard parts, during the Clinton ban what AR stuff was banned? Was it just the lower? Or was it all the AR parts? In other words do I need to pickup a spare lower? I can get them for a good price here in town.

High cap mags would be the first thing even if you don't have the ars at your home yet.:whistling:.

JuneyBooney
11-06-2012, 23:29
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZYXLnq5dLVM/Ti2Nq70PuiI/AAAAAAAAB_I/Gb9mOm_TxxU/s1600/sky-is-falling.jpg

I agree. The sky is falling. :upeyes: That is a cute cat.:cool:

Warp
11-06-2012, 23:35
I agree. The sky is falling. :upeyes: That is a cute cat.:cool:

I like cats.

samurairabbi
11-06-2012, 23:59
I like cats.
You could eat them every day, eh?

Warp
11-07-2012, 00:19
Ammo is already going fast. I'm watching a site with up-to-date stock information. Their best priced (only, practically) case of .223...they had almost 100 in stock earlier tonight. Not long ago they were down to 47. Now down to 34. Probably be gone by morning at this rate. Or in an hour or two...

Chuck TX
11-07-2012, 03:29
You can call it whatever you want, but the reality is, if you didn't get it before the inevitable frenzy you're going to be waiting on back order or paying a premium soon.:faint:

Prepare for more price gouging, hopefully it's not going to be as bad as last time.

Get all the 30 rounders you can, Bama is coming for them. :faint:

Everything is going to be worse. In 2008 0 skirted around the issue. This time he told the truth, he wants another ban. Sales are going to go through the roof, and supply and demand will dictate the price.

Roger1079
11-07-2012, 04:59
And queue all black rifles flying off the shelves in every gun store everywhere.

glocked1
11-07-2012, 09:09
All my AR based rifles exploded with crazy handloads.

TucsonGlocker
11-07-2012, 09:16
All my AR based rifles exploded with crazy handloads.

Same here! We both must have used the same incorrect powder measurements :rofl:

Chesafreak
11-07-2012, 09:33

From the news this morning, it looks like Feinstein is attempting to outright ban semi autos with no grandfathering. http://www.examiner.com/article/feinstein-rumored-to-be-pushing-semi-auto-ban-if-obama-reelected

If that happens, lever 30-30's are going to be popular again. I have been considering buying a used one instead of an AR.

TucsonGlocker
11-07-2012, 09:42
From the news this morning, it looks like Feinstein is attempting to outright ban semi autos with no grandfathering. http://www.examiner.com/article/feinstein-rumored-to-be-pushing-semi-auto-ban-if-obama-reelected

If that happens, lever 30-30's are going to be popular again. I have been considering buying a used one instead of an AR.

I don't have any semi autos.. remember? They all exploded when I shot my botched hand-loaded batch through them :whistling:

uptomyneck
11-07-2012, 09:55
Originally Posted by Cole125http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19559739#post19559739)

I wonder who is going to enforce an outright ban? UC police arresting individuals at the local range as they show up with a prohibited firearm/accessaries? State troopers/local cops stoping you and finding something? Door to door confiscation?

I can see small towns setting up anti-seizure squads. On call at the drop of a hat to respond to a confiscation in progress? Things could get interesting.

For the record, 100 Pmags and 4k rounds of .45 on the way.

Made in Austria
11-07-2012, 10:17
Welome to Europe America!! America has turned into a bunch of tree huggers and metrosexuals. It's hip to be liberal.

LL6
11-07-2012, 10:40
I don't have any semi autos.. remember? They all exploded when I shot my botched hand-loaded batch through them :whistling:
...or lost in a boating accident.

phil evans
11-07-2012, 11:53
i suspect confiscation, not just ban on the new stuff.
turn in all your AR, AK and get $100.
executive orders will fly off his desk, enforceable by eric holder, et al.

TucsonGlocker
11-07-2012, 12:37
...or lost in a boating accident.

That works too! :supergrin:

Warp
11-07-2012, 12:40

Glockdude1
11-07-2012, 12:58

Never happen.

cowboy1964
11-07-2012, 21:53

Forget 30-30, I'm going with .357/.38 with matching 4" or 6" S&W 7 or 8 shot revolver.

Brian Brazier
11-07-2012, 22:39
I will admit I went out and bought some ammo today, but in all honesty I believe nothing will change.

WoodenPlank
11-07-2012, 22:42
I bought an upper (because I got a bonus) and some ammo (because I finally found a source for what I wanted at a reasonable price, and needed to replace the 357SIG Ive shot up recently). In short, business as usual for me.

Panic buying only makes things worse.

Warp
11-07-2012, 22:44
I've noticed an awful lot of the "I'm not panic buying" people bought ammo the day after the election.

This makes me lol

For the record, I'm not panic buying anything.

But I did order 1k rounds of 5.56 today.

WoodenPlank
11-07-2012, 22:53
I've noticed an awful lot of the "I'm not panic buying" people bought ammo the day after the election.

This makes me lol

For the record, I'm not panic buying anything.

But I did order 1k rounds of 5.56 today.

I bought a whole whopping 140 rounds of ammo today. :tongueout:

100 rounds of Speer Lawman in 357SIG and 40 rounds of Federal TRU 55gr TSX.

Brian Brazier
11-07-2012, 22:58
I got 200rds of 9mm, but I will go throught that as soon as I pickup my new M9 and CZ75B Omega. I cannot wait to tryout the CZ, I have never shot one just FF, I was about to buy a basic 75B when I foundout a new run of Omegas were coming in.

Chuck TX
11-08-2012, 08:48
I bought and built stuff well before the election.

Too bad my dogs tipped the boat over.:crying:

samurairabbi
11-08-2012, 08:59
I bought and built stuff well before the election.

Too bad my dogs tipped the boat over.:crying:
This website offers numerous support groups, including one specifically focussed on dog-induced boating mishap losses, to assuage your grief.

dkf
11-08-2012, 18:40
I am curious as to how many of you thought they would not pass the last AWB but were proven wrong. Not trying to bust anyones balls, I am just generally curious.

I was not able to legally own an "assault rifle" during the vast majority of the ban and really did not pay much attention back then because I was primarily into hunting firearms.

I have wanted an AR for a couple years now but did not want to spend the $1000+ for something decent. The talk of another possible AWB and the already demonstrated *********etry and manipulation of the Obama admin has me thinking I should pick one up ASAP.

Was thinking of a Colt 6920.

Warp
11-08-2012, 18:42
I am curious as to how many of you thought they would not pass the last AWB but were proven wrong. Not trying to bust anyones balls, I am just generally curious.

I was not able to legally own an "assault rifle" during the vast majority of the ban and really did not pay much attention back then because I was primarily into hunting firearms.

I have wanted an AR for a couple years now but did not want to spend the $1000+ for something decent. The talk of another possible AWB and the already demonstrated *********etry and manipulation of the Obama admin has me thinking I should pick one up ASAP.

Was thinking of a Colt 6920.

I was on here tons prior to, and following, the 2008 election telling people there wouldn't be an AWB. And I put my money where my mouth was as I did not own a single rifle that would have been off limits for purchase under the 94-04 ban. Not even a stripped lower receiver or a single AR/AK/etc magazine. I planned to purchase later...after a lot of people said there would be a ban. (which obviously never happened)

As for the 1994 ban...I was in elementary school when that passed. :whistling:

Bit +1 for a 6920. :cool:

dkf
11-08-2012, 19:03
I was on here tons prior to, and following, the 2008 election telling people there wouldn't be an AWB. And I put my money where my mouth was as I did not own a single rifle that would have been off limits for purchase under the 94-04 ban. Not even a stripped lower receiver or a single AR/AK/etc magazine. I planned to purchase later...after a lot of people said there would be a ban. (which obviously never happened)

As for the 1994 ban...I was in elementary school when that passed. :whistling:

Bit +1 for a 6920. :cool:

Ha I see you and I are the same age.:wavey:

I did not completely buy that there would another AWB during post election 08' and go out and buy all kinds of stuff. But now that Barry is going to get another term, rumored talk of some of his Czars, his past comments/actions, obamacare being rammed through with the SCOTUS, a large amoutn of executive orders and etc. Who knows.:dunno: I trust him about as far as I can throw his arrogant ass.

Warp
11-08-2012, 19:05
Ha I see you and I are the same age.:wavey:

I did not completely buy that there would another AWB during post election 08' and go out and buy all kinds of stuff. But now that Barry is going to get another term, rumored talk of some of his Czars, his past comments/actions, obamacare being rammed through with the SCOTUS, a large amoutn of executive orders and etc. Who knows.:dunno: I trust him about as far as I can throw his arrogant ass.

I finally got an "assault weapon" this summer. And ammo, mags, accessories, and spare parts.